Author Topic: 20 Million my a**  (Read 2917 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
20 Million my a**
« on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 13:19:26 »
After only 4 days of /\rm0r (ore,  d2fc omron switches in tp4's g403, rated at 20million clicks, started double clicking.

Even, admittedly this is an extremely intense nail-biting game, it's pretty clear these ratings are kinda bs and meaningless in real world.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: 20 Million my a**
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 05:49:29 »
20m *

*restrictions apply, number is based on a clean room and being as gentle as possible, your results may vary, not applicable in all 50 states including D.C., any participant in NATO or UN, or any human.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 08:07:33 »
What I wanna know is... has anyone EVER had a Logitech mouse that DIDN'T develop double clicks?  I currently use a G-Pro Wireless (about 1.5 years old), but every single Logitech mouse I've owned over the past 15 years has developed a double-click.  Strange that it happened so quickly, but not really surprising.  The second or third time it happened was with my g700.  I took it apart and sprayed contact cleaner into the switch, and it fixed it.  Could have been luck.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 September 2023, 08:09:42 by pixelpusher »

Offline Coreda

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 14:20:58 »
What I wanna know is... has anyone EVER had a Logitech mouse that DIDN'T develop double clicks?  I currently use a G-Pro Wireless (about 1.5 years old), but every single Logitech mouse I've owned over the past 15 years has developed a double-click.

I've read this is common enough on the Mouse Reviews subreddit to where they just replace the switches preemptively (or whatever the mod is).

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 16:52:22 »
It's not Logitech, it's every company using Omrons.

Logitech may have a slightly different design language/quirk adding to the problem but for the most part it happens on Logitech the most because it's by far the most common mid-high end mouse/gaming mouse.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 17:54:18 »

Logitech may have a slightly different design language/quirk adding to the problem but for the most part it happens on Logitech the most because it's by far the most common mid-high end mouse/gaming mouse.

what other alternatives are there, just use the razer mouse that I got for my birthday ages ago so I don't know different options

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 19:35:04 »

There was that article you linked to that said it has to do with the voltage of the mouse, the lower the worse it performed. It's tied to the microcontroller.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 06:31:04 »
There was that article you linked to that said it has to do with the voltage of the mouse, the lower the worse it performed. It's tied to the microcontroller.
That's not not strictly a Logitech problem, they're all doing that, especially on wireless.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 06:38:14 »
That's not not strictly a Logitech problem, they're all doing that, especially on wireless.

I don't understand why it's so hard to jack up the voltage, other than, well, they want the mice to break prematurely so they can sell you another one.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 20:59:50 »
I don't understand why it's so hard to jack up the voltage, other than, well, they want the mice to break prematurely so they can sell you another one.
The switch wants 5volts, lipos and many controllers are 3 something.
So you either need a 2 cell battery or an up-volt system, both mean more power, cost and less time between charging.
How else do you expect to create a mouse that is light weight and lasts a month on a charge.

It's the switch that needs to change, not the controller or battery or voltage however they (and others) spent a lot of money promoting those switches, to change now means starting over. Design, testing, promotion...  Logitech is also a large company with MASSIVE buy ins on a product, they can't just switch gears that easily so they're going to be hessitant to change, it took them quite a while to switch over to type C and still have some micro B products.

If we want it sooner rather than later it will need to be someone else. Razer is big enough bit kind of lacks the reputation, Microsoft has no desire to market mice that way and almost no one else has the market segment or money to shift course. Sure, small group buys and such managed to create the shift to lighter mice, but that's still working with existing sensors and switches. It's mostly a housing. It's nothing compared to designing an ultra low voltage, high reliability micro switch that is cheap to produce and solder with few returns.. And without forcing current designs to not need a complete redesign.

Think about keyboard switches, how many are a fresh design and totally independent. The box switches and Logitech switches are the closest thing to a complete redesign we've seen in how long. Kailh is an oem and borrowed a lot from existing designs and Logitech asked for Omron's help on theirs. It's a serious undertaking.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 September 2023, 07:45:55 »
What I wanna know is... has anyone EVER had a Logitech mouse that DIDN'T develop double clicks?  I currently use a G-Pro Wireless (about 1.5 years old), but every single Logitech mouse I've owned over the past 15 years has developed a double-click.  Strange that it happened so quickly, but not really surprising.  The second or third time it happened was with my g700.  I took it apart and sprayed contact cleaner into the switch, and it fixed it.  Could have been luck.

The only Logitech mouse I've actually mained was a G703 a few years ago, and I loved it. Never developed double clicking. Only got rid of it because it wasn't as good a shape/weight for me as other mice.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D