Author Topic: Celebrity Crushes  (Read 123683 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Celebrity Crushes
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:03:21 »
I know it's a family film but Maureen O'Hara in The Parent Trap was so great looking.
Show Image

You, watched this ??

Offline osi

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:14:36 »
MYA

76785-0

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #302 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:20:08 »
I'm not really sure why you are arguing with me. I'm telling you exactly what I was communicating to you, and for some reason you're telling me I'm wrong. I think I know what I mean when I use the words I select.

I'm telling you I wouldn't say someone was attractive or that I was attracted to them if I wasn't aroused by them, but I would however, say they were handsome or pretty, if I thought they were visually aesthetically pleasing.

I respect the evolution of languages, but that is the definition I learned, and for the sake of clear communication, explained to you that is what I meant, so I still respectfully disagreed with you.

A man can say another man is handsome (or attractive in a non-sexual way, as you've described) without any sort of stigma. To call him a crush or ogle him in the way I am using the word attractive (and for the most part was is happening in this thread), then yes, I would say it is sexual and while women do this all the time without really any backlash (most men find it attractive, in fact), men seem to get a lot of flack for doing the same thing.

I hope now, with my 700 paragraphs to explain what I was saying, despite carefully selected wording, you get what I'm saying.

I see where the disconnect is.

The way you phrased it made it seem like you believed that the only definition of "attractive" was "sexually appealing." No harm. No foul.
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:35:04 »
I envision some poor schlub desperately crawling away, tears streaming down his face, and you hear Betty White saying "Oh you can run, but you can't hide. I'm not finished with you yet. Save yourself some trouble and get your ass back in bed, you little ****."
I wouldn't doubt that.  :)) Betty White is awesome.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #304 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:16:21 »
Shes really not. Shes just old so people laugh at anything she says.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #305 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:35:02 »
I'm not really sure why you are arguing with me. I'm telling you exactly what I was communicating to you, and for some reason you're telling me I'm wrong. I think I know what I mean when I use the words I select.

I'm telling you I wouldn't say someone was attractive or that I was attracted to them if I wasn't aroused by them, but I would however, say they were handsome or pretty, if I thought they were visually aesthetically pleasing.

I respect the evolution of languages, but that is the definition I learned, and for the sake of clear communication, explained to you that is what I meant, so I still respectfully disagreed with you.

A man can say another man is handsome (or attractive in a non-sexual way, as you've described) without any sort of stigma. To call him a crush or ogle him in the way I am using the word attractive (and for the most part was is happening in this thread), then yes, I would say it is sexual and while women do this all the time without really any backlash (most men find it attractive, in fact), men seem to get a lot of flack for doing the same thing.

I hope now, with my 700 paragraphs to explain what I was saying, despite carefully selected wording, you get what I'm saying.

I see where the disconnect is.

The way you phrased it made it seem like you believed that the only definition of "attractive" was "sexually appealing." No harm. No foul.

Ah, I didn't mean the -only- dictionary definition. Language, y u so versatile?  :p
c h e r

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:44:17 »
Shes really not. Shes just old so people laugh at anything she says.

Actually I think it was because of her turnaround from sweet and naive Rose Nyland to this acerbic hilarity she demonstrates. I remember the first time I heard her do this was in Lake Placid. The sheriff was questioning her about her husband's disappearance, assuming that she led him down to the lake to get eaten by the alligator (she didn't... it was an accident). She turned around, all sweetness and light, and said "Sheriff, if I had a ****, this is where I'd tell you to suck it."

I fell out of my chair laughing at that.
Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 12:30:27 »
Exactly my point. You laughed because its a sweet old lady telling a **** joke. Not because the joke was funny.

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 12:58:14 »
Exactly my point. You laughed because its a sweet old lady telling a **** joke. Not because the joke was funny.

Actually, I would have laughed at it regardless, as it's a rather clever way for a woman to say "suck my ****." The fact that it came from someone that you wouldn't expect made it funnier.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:37:30 »

Actually, I would have laughed at it regardless, as it's a rather clever way for a woman to say "suck my ****." The fact that it came from someone that you wouldn't expect made it funnier.

really ?.. that's ur idea of clever ?

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:04:26 »

really ?.. that's ur idea of clever ?

Show Image

Yes. It both gets the meaning across and avoids the inevitable "I can't because you don't have one" retort.

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 10:11:38 »
Ming-Na Wen

Looks pretty damned good for being FIFTY YEARS OLD.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 10:13:31 »
I loved Vida Guerra in high school but I'm really not sure she looks like now a days. I would have to assume that ass got out of control. :-X :blank:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 10:15:48 »
Ming-Na Wen

Show Image

Dude... She's like super-ugly  by Asian standards...  same goes for that one on Grey's anatomy (Sandra Oh)

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 10:24:38 »
Ming-Na Wen

Show Image

Dude... She's like super-ugly  by Asian standards...  same goes for that one on Grey's anatomy (Sandra Oh)

Well, I'm not Asian, so their beauty standards mean ****-all to me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 10:29:20 »
Ming-Na Wen

Show Image

mm... that's not what I mean..  my point is you've not been exposed to enough of them to really DECIDE yet...

It's like if you've only had 1 flavor of icecream..  how would you know if that is the best icecream...

When I say, "she's ugly" by asian standards..  this is experience drawn from a larger sample.

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 10:31:55 »
Ming-Na Wen

Show Image

mm... that's not what I mean..  my point is you've not been exposed to enough of them to really DECIDE yet...

It's like if you've only had 1 flavor of icecream..  how would you know if that is the best icecream...

Well, I know what I like. I think Ming Na is stunning. Same goes for Bing Bing Fan and Lucy Liu. There might be others that come along, but my opinion still stands.

Just because I like a new flavor doesn't mean I'll stop liking the first.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 10:32:19 »
Ming-Na Wen

Show Image

Sounds like you got the fever :p

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:31:03 »
I loved Vida Guerra in high school but I'm really not sure she looks like now a days. I would have to assume that ass got out of control. :-X :blank:

Shes a body builder now.

Face still looks like she got beat with baseball bats though

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:41:19 »

Shes a body builder now.

Then:

Now:

She used to look so good, but excessive toning and tanning have ruined her looks, in my opinion.

Especially the tanning. I could look past the toning if she retained her natural tan. This chocolate bronze crap that people put on themselves makes them look absolutely ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:53:41 by The Mad Professor »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:52:12 »
Ruined her is a little harsh.  Shes in top physical shape for thr lifestyle she chose. And good for her.

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 13:55:16 »
Ruined her is a little harsh.  Shes in top physical shape for thr lifestyle she chose. And good for her.

Sorry, got a little type-happy and didn't finish my thought. It should be complete, now.

I'm not denying that she's in great shape. I just don't that level of extreme fitness suits her aesthetically, based on her size and shape.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:26:59 »

Sorry, got a little type-happy and didn't finish my thought. It should be complete, now.

I'm not denying that she's in great shape. I just don't that level of extreme fitness suits her aesthetically, based on her size and shape.

wtf u talking about..  Women + Muscles = Awesome...   

Thin and Feeble is a form perpetrated by the makeup industry to make you sickly looking and sell you stupid **** to cover it up.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:28:22 »
The Mad Professor, looking at the number of your posts in this thread and the "crush" part of its title… ummm, how to word it?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:35:33 »

Shes a body builder now.

Then:
Show Image

Now:
Show Image

She used to look so good, but excessive toning and tanning have ruined her looks, in my opinion.

Especially the tanning. I could look past the toning if she retained her natural tan. This chocolate bronze crap that people put on themselves makes them look absolutely ridiculous.

Bruh. She still looks feminin(sp?). Yes, there are body builders that are really REALLY muscular but she isnt.

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #325 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:43:40 »

Thin and Feeble is a form perpetrated by the makeup industry to make you sickly looking and sell you stupid **** to cover it up.

Did I say anything about "thin and feeble?" No, I did not. In fact, if you look at the women I've posted, you will find that they are all healthy looking women. Not a single stick-figure amongst them.

Also, I was referring to Vida Guerra specifically and how, in my opinion, she looked better back when she was softer and less cut, as it suited her size and frame. I was NOT referring to women as a whole. You would realize that if you actually read what I wrote instead of tossing off a knee-jerk reaction.

The Mad Professor, looking at the number of your posts in this thread and the "crush" part of its title… ummm, how to word it?

Oh please, go ahead.

Bruh. She still looks feminin(sp?). Yes, there are body builders that are really REALLY muscular but she isnt.

Which is why I condemned her nutella tan more than the toning.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #326 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:46:48 »
Tan serves a purpose. It highlights the muscle definition. Im sure they know it looks stupid.

Shes just not my cup of tea face wise.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:48:42 »
Cry for help much?

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:49:57 »
Tan serves a purpose. It highlights the muscle definition. In sure they know it looks stupid.

I wasn't saying that it didn't serve a purpose. I was simply commenting on how ridiculous it makes people look.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 14:51:10 »

Did I say anything about "thin and feeble?" No, I did not. In fact, if you look at the women I've posted, you will find that they are all healthy looking women. Not a single stick-figure amongst them.

Also, I was referring to Vida Guerra specifically and how, in my opinion, she looked better back when she was softer and less cut, as it suited her size and frame. I was NOT referring to women as a whole. You would realize that if you actually read what I wrote instead of tossing off a knee-jerk reaction.

Oh please, go ahead.

Which is why I condemned her nutella tan more than the toning.

Get ur eyes checked dude...

Look at those powerful hips...   My ...mmph

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:07:09 »
She's ALWAYS had those hips, man. That ass is what made her famous, even before the boob job.

And yes, she was "softer" back then, as in not as heavily defined as she's made herself into as of late. The problem that female body builders face is not just boob shrinkage (which she's avoided via the implants), but also the over definition of the gluteus maximus, which would be changing the nature of the thing that made her famous to begin with.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:32:52 »
Body builders go through drastic weight loss (and spray tan) right before a competition to make the muscle tone stand out more. She's probably softer on normal days.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:37:23 »
Body builders go through drastic weight loss (and spray tan) right before a competition to make the muscle tone stand out more. She's probably softer on normal days.

Soft... !!

Offline Lurch

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:40:49 »
how about that Jen Selter?

woof.

I mean, I'm not crazy about her, but one of my buddies has an obsession with Jen and insists on showing me a picture of her as frequently as he can

she don't look bad i can tell you that much!
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:44:42 by Lurch »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:51:16 »
how about that Jen Selter?

woof.

I mean, I'm not crazy about her, but one of my buddies has an obsession with Jen and insists on showing me a picture of her as frequently as he can

she don't look bad i can tell you that much!

all pretty solid.. I guess the only thing that's a bit weird is her nose.. but still pretty solid.

obviously,  dat azz

Offline eherzog

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:09:46 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:17:48 »
My man crushes are Jerry Stiller and David Bowie. Is that weird?

Offline Lurch

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:24:37 »

Stiller, no. Bowie, slightly.

IMO of course. :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:25:24 »

YES, it's weird..  I suppose you must admire their wit more than their appearance..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:29:35 »

Stiller, no.

It would be like making love to a loud, angry, wrinkled up troll doll. As long as he yells "SERENITY NOW!" when I finish.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:42:09 »
Reddit.com/r/hardbodies

Offline Lurch

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:47:21 »

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 21:56:29 »
Kristin Kreuk

That girl just gets better looking with age.

Offline tbc

« Reply #343 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 21:58:06 »
she's a snobass *****.

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:02:46 »
she's a snobass *****.

If that's the case, then it's nothing a good drink can't solve. Just give her a ****en's Cider and she should be good.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:23:43 »
there is literally zero that i find attractive about that chick.

body of a stick figure and an average face.

and this coming from a guy that loves average white girls.

there is seriously nothing special about her, to me at least.

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 23:00:21 »
there is literally zero that i find attractive about that chick.

body of a stick figure and an average face.

and this coming from a guy that loves average white girls.

there is seriously nothing special about her, to me at least.

Funny, that is the exact same sentiment I have about both Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie. Zero sexual attraction.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 23:09:16 »
fox was so much prettier before all the surgery

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 23:17:15 »
fox was so much prettier before all the surgery

Yeah, now she looks like she's two surgeries away from being an extra on Night of the Living Dead. Her and Jolie both.

Honestly, the only reason I would want to spend any time with them is to force-feed them a sandwich.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #349 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 01:14:11 »
Yeah, now she looks like she's two surgeries away from being an extra on Night of the Living Dead. Her and Jolie both.
None of the before-after pics of Megan Fox I can find on the 'net convinces me that she has had surgery. She has lost the roundness of her cheeks, probably as a result of too much weight loss.
Jolie has too, but I've never found Jolie attractive tbh.