Author Topic: So you want to be Athletic ??  (Read 2756 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
So you want to be Athletic ??
« on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:52:22 »
The p00rest peoples on earth,  are the greatest Distance Runners on earth..

What do they eat.. ??

Maybe hooaight people still have a chance.. !! hahahahaha

178610-0

178612-1

178614-2

178616-3

178618-4

178624-5

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: So you want to be Athletic ??
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 16:23:00 »
Now,   interpreting this information..

Distance running puts the greatest strain and requirement on VASCULAR health..

While vascular health is certainly a factor in other sports,  Distance running is polarizing.

So,  while we can't say this will absolutely improve ALL sports,   it does prove that as far as Blood circulation is concerned.. Veggie is the way to go..

Over time,  what we have seen is that as more athletes (mostly endurance) try the vegan diet, their performance significantly improve.   This is mainly because vascular health is a fundamental criteria in this segment of sports.

The upcoming documentary "The game changer" by james cameron  will explore the topic more fully along with veganism in -Other sports-.. YES, there are vegan american football players.

But for the meantime,   if you've got heart disease or a desire for better running performance..  well,  there's the data right there..

It'd be silly not to at least try it..

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 01:10:46 »
tl:dr

but i will leave this here

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 01:34:57 »
tl:dr

but i will leave this here
Show Image

That used to be my favorite from the China bowl restaurant next to the asian super market..

Loved the sacha sauce which came with it..

Sigh............

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 02:12:16 »
I can show/hide my bookmarks toolbar by pressing ctrl+shift+b. Usually prefer to hide the bookmarks toolbar but sometimes I forget to hide it

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 02:52:55 »
I can show/hide my bookmarks toolbar by pressing ctrl+shift+b. Usually prefer to hide the bookmarks toolbar but sometimes I forget to hide it

yea my bookmark toolbar is full of veggie links.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 03:23:42 »

yea my bookmark toolbar is full of veggie links.

Hide em' before you spend all your monies on recipe books

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 05:48:41 »
When people say that vegetarians can't be athletes, I mention the former track-and-field athlete Carl Lewis. He was most likely the most successful athlete ever, and he is vegan.
His career spanned from 1979 to 1996, he has nine Olympic gold medals and eight World Championship gold medals and numerous other medals. He has been awarded as the Greatest Athlete and Greatest Olympian of the 20th century.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 07:32:09 »
@TP4

What are some good vegetarian foods to eat to keep you feeling full?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 08:28:46 »
When people say that vegetarians can't be athletes, I mention the former track-and-field athlete Carl Lewis. He was most likely the most successful athlete ever, and he is vegan.
His career spanned from 1979 to 1996, he has nine Olympic gold medals and eight World Championship gold medals and numerous other medals. He has been awarded as the Greatest Athlete and Greatest Olympian of the 20th century.

Yea, got milk's done a thing on the schools and kids..  hahahaha..

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 08:34:16 »
@TP4

What are some good vegetarian foods to eat to keep you feeling full?

After becoming 100% veggie..   I've come to discover that satiety is more complex..

Even when I get full,  I don't get that same Fulfilled feeling like when I used to eat Ramen, Fried Chicken, sausage.

It's like you eat 5 sausage links, and you just feel like, ok, that's enough, I can't eat anymore.

With veggie foods @ 7 grams of fat per meal (to hit the ~10% like the super athletes),  that feeling is nearly never there..

So for a while, I thought I was always hungry,  but in fact, I was looking for that [Food High]..

This is a hurdle in itself..

As for the Physical fulfilment..  It doesn't take much rice and veggies at all to feel physically full..

The meal is significantly larger in mass,  but actually lower in calories.

Fats are incredibly caloricaly dense,  and triggers a special mental type satiety..

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 19:06:46 »
The problem is, meat's a status thing. It's always been the most expensive food—requiring, as it does, vastly more time and resources to produce than anything else we eat.

So when you suggest to people that they stop eating meat, they often interpret it as a suggestion that they lower their social status. It's a cultural thing that's been bred into many of us without our realizing it.

The first requirement of letting go of the meat habit, then, is to stop caring what other people think of you—to not worry that they'll consider you impoverished, a hippy weirdo, etc. (especially in less progressive areas where being a carnivore is considered "normal"). This is actually a good mental health move, with all kinds of life benefits.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 21:46:58 »
The problem is, meat's a status thing. It's always been the most expensive food—requiring, as it does, vastly more time and resources to produce than anything else we eat.

So when you suggest to people that they stop eating meat, they often interpret it as a suggestion that they lower their social status. It's a cultural thing that's been bred into many of us without our realizing it.

The first requirement of letting go of the meat habit, then, is to stop caring what other people think of you—to not worry that they'll consider you impoverished, a hippy weirdo, etc. (especially in less progressive areas where being a carnivore is considered "normal"). This is actually a good mental health move, with all kinds of life benefits.

For sure,  there are many many confounding issues to going 100% veggie.

Meat is an entire culture..

it's the Ameican way..

However,  Heart disease/ diabetes/ cancer/ stroke/ dementia,  is also the American way..

In years past,  we did not have the science to put it all together,   but recently we've become Extremely certain of the connection and the underlying mechanisms.

It's unfortunate that the majority will still err up to and beyond their heart attacks.

I do my best to give ya'll the information..  but addicts need to hit bottom ,  and this deep acclimation to greasy meaty foods is no different..

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 23:59:21 »

I've been doing the low carb thing to try and get back to a 'functional' weight where I can feel good and exercise easily. I do realize that its not a sustainable diet though where as vegetarian is. That is likely the direction I will go when I get to my first goal weight.

I know what you're saying with the whole "hippie weirdo" and although i'm sure it will be a little difficult at family gatherings when you need to preface with "dont waste your money buying meat" I dont think its super critical to announce to everyone you go out to eat with that you're vegetarian. To me the stigma comes from people like my brother who wont buy a particular bag of almonds because on the label it says it was bagged in a facility that also has milk products... or my other friend that has to preface ordering any food with "i'm a vegetarian, so I think i'll have the..."  :rolleyes:
-Dana

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 06:49:21 »

I've been doing the low carb thing to try and get back to a 'functional' weight where I can feel good and exercise easily. I do realize that its not a sustainable diet though where as vegetarian is. That is likely the direction I will go when I get to my first goal weight.

I know what you're saying with the whole "hippie weirdo" and although i'm sure it will be a little difficult at family gatherings when you need to preface with "dont waste your money buying meat" I dont think its super critical to announce to everyone you go out to eat with that you're vegetarian. To me the stigma comes from people like my brother who wont buy a particular bag of almonds because on the label it says it was bagged in a facility that also has milk products... or my other friend that has to preface ordering any food with "i'm a vegetarian, so I think i'll have the..."  :rolleyes:

The majority of -people- are under-educated, crummy, and stuffed full of bad media influences..

Its important not to confound their stupidity with Real-science on the matter.

The science is there, 100% veggie works.

The People who have read a few headlines but not the articles do and say silly things.

Humans are omnivores from the perspective of evolution.  Nature took wild humans to age 50 , then nature killed them, and had them be replaced with fresh humans.

Our systems are speced to run on ANYTHING available to eat, anything AT ALL.. food had always been scarce and impossible to accumulate..

Like our technology, Old age is a new invention,  the PRICE is 100% Vegetables.