Author Topic: This year may be biblical  (Read 56006 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: This year may be biblical
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 09 May 2024, 17:52:49 »

it has been festering in me for years.

People who know me know that I like "sitting around in the dark" .... No doubt that my eyes are sensitive, they are pale blue and I am getting older, but I have always preferred low light situations. As far as enjoying a dark environment indoors - that seems natural to me. True, now that my visual acuity is diminished I need extra light for critical close-up tasks but for general "sitting around" I strongly prefer low light levels.

My ex- in contrast, was one of those people who turned on every light in the house right away. On a dark winter morning that is absolutely painful to me. And, I hardly ever set foot outside in sunlight without dark sunglasses.

As far as open windows, that can be pleasant (if there is nothing ugly outside like pollen or smoke) but downstairs in an area where there are passersby, no, I don't think so.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: This year may be biblical
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 09 May 2024, 23:22:26 »
No doubt that my eyes are sensitive, they are pale blue and I am getting older, but I have always preferred low light situations. As far as enjoying a dark environment indoors - that seems natural to me.

This sounds like a deficiency of Beta Carotene which is what coats the back of your retina preventing damage from UV.

Gotta eat them yellow/orange veggies.