Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 390838 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1800 on: Thu, 30 March 2023, 11:21:46 »
Wyfster and I just finished The Rehearsal - that was a trip. Definitely recommend.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1801 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 12:23:19 »
Murder Mystery 2 , well it's as bad as the first one. 100% consistent.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1802 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 14:29:35 »

Show Image

Which murder mystery?

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1804 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 16:15:46 »

Show Image

Yep, just watched it. Crap.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1805 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 17:08:53 »
Wild Isle, with D-atten, gud' stuff.

297818-0
297822-1
297826-2

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1806 on: Fri, 31 March 2023, 17:59:38 »
Which murder mystery?

adamsandler + jenaniston.

Ohhh, that one. We saw the first one, pretty forgettable but not terrible if you went in with low expectations (we did).

More interestingly as far as murder mysteries are concerned, I recently learned that The Afterparty is coming back for a second season. Reeeeally looking forward to that.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1807 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 18:27:48 »
Tetris. Really interesting story telling. I liked it :)

297871-0
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1808 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 19:38:00 »
Operation Fortune: Ruse de guerre...   

eh..  watchable,  not boring , a little boring , not completely boring , it is , a movie.

298055-0

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1809 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 15:40:29 »
Saw the Mario movie
It was alright. Chris Pratt wasn't horrible surprisingly, Seth Rogan was dissapointing, he's just kinda Seth Rogan. Jack Black was the perfect Bowser and I loved every second he was on screen. Charlie Day was also amazing as Luigi. Gotta rep an alumnus, god I love him.
Also they put Bowser in T H E  J A R
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1810 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 17:22:02 »
The new Shazam,

so, in the movie there's a quote,  1 of the heroes say to the other,  that their foster parents can barely pay rent,  and that everyone eventually either gets a job or has to leave home.

apparently their message to kids is with superpowers,  the 1 thing you can't defeat is capitalism ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1811 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 11:52:27 »
Supercell, worst movie in recent memory,  long winded,  boring,  low tech.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1812 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 11:57:27 »
65 (2023), this is terrible,  wth?  did we suddenly forget how to make good movies ? what is going on. why would people even commit to scripts like this. 

Offline phinix

« Reply #1813 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 18:49:30 »
Supercell, worst movie in recent memory,  long winded,  boring,  low tech.

Cool, good to know, I'm just going to delete it from my drive, had it there for a while to watch it.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1814 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 18:49:45 »
65 (2023), this is terrible,  wth?  did we suddenly forget how to make good movies ? what is going on. why would people even commit to scripts like this. 

Why? I think it was ok. I liked it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1815 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 19:15:15 »
Currently enjoying the new seasons of Mandalorian, and Taskmaster

gonna go see John Wick and Mario next week

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1816 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 19:57:33 »

Why? I think it was ok. I liked it.

Not sure phinix, I just couldn't connect with it,  it was almost the exact plot of outlander 2008, also kind of a crummy movie.

Not absolutely unwatchable,  it just seems like they didn't even try to be original.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1817 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 15:14:17 »
Saw the Mario movie
It was alright. Chris Pratt wasn't horrible surprisingly, Seth Rogan was dissapointing, he's just kinda Seth Rogan. Jack Black was the perfect Bowser and I loved every second he was on screen. Charlie Day was also amazing as Luigi. Gotta rep an alumnus, god I love him.
Also they put Bowser in T H E  J A R

This one's probably going to boil down to expectations for most people. I went in expecting a decently fun but not really impressive movie, and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. It's not going to change the world or anything, but it's a fun turn-off-your-brain experience full of references and nostalgia for the non-kid crowd. The kids I went with absolutely loved it. They're the prime audience for this and it absolutely delivered for them.

All that said, agreed about Seth Rogen being Seth Rogen. I was worried he would be even worse, but I do think that was probably the weakest casting choice. And I actually like Seth Rogen's schtick in the right context.

Charlie Day and Jack Black were both :chefkiss:, as expected.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1819 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 16:37:35 »
Watched few movies today.

Land. Very sad, but well made movie, I liked it, cried, but feel better now.
River Wild. I've seen it many times, but its always nice to come back to it after few years break.
What Lies Beneath. Harrison Ford is my favourite actor. This is the ONLY movie where he plays a villain.

298176-0  298178-1  298180-2
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 April 2023, 16:42:47 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1820 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 18:07:20 »
Phinix, have you seen Death Becomes Her (1992) with willis and streep.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1821 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 18:38:09 »
Watched Everything Everywhere All At Once

Got me thinking, maybe I am the worst version of myself? I have to fail so the other versions of myself can succeed, like a failure sponge.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1822 on: Mon, 10 April 2023, 18:42:57 »
Watched Everything Everywhere All At Once

Got me thinking, maybe I am the worst version of myself? I have to fail so the other versions of myself can succeed, like a failure sponge.

no, you're thinking of the movie "The One" with Jet Li.

also, you're inauspicious in a 1st world country,  try to pull a mental illness or be lazy anywhere else in the world,  you'd be pan-handling, lame or dead.

it could always be worse. consider your gifts

Offline phinix

« Reply #1823 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 03:11:45 »
Yes, I've seen it many many times, funny movie, loved it. First saw it when I was 12 years old. I watched it many times cause after few years break, its still funny to see it, when they throw it on TV :)
Did you like it?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1824 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 06:55:36 »
Yes, I've seen it many many times, funny movie, loved it. First saw it when I was 12 years old. I watched it many times cause after few years break, its still funny to see it, when they throw it on TV :)
Did you like it?

It's a very good movie, plot + acting,

Didn't like the noodi-bits, excessive, unsuitable for young developing minds.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1825 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 08:55:51 »
Did you like it?

It's a very good movie, plot + acting,

Didn't like the noodi-bits, excessive, unsuitable for young developing minds.

Cool.
What do you mean by unsuitable - what kind of age? Curious, cause maybe 12 years old me watching it did some harm to himself :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1826 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 09:57:16 »
Cool.
What do you mean by unsuitable - what kind of age? Curious, cause maybe 12 years old me watching it did some harm to himself :)

was the tv-cut edited? the bluray has very youth harming material.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1827 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 10:03:39 »
Cool.

was the tv-cut edited? the bluray has very youth harming material.

Hmm... never saw bluray version. I must see it now :D
You caught me with the subject of youth harming material - would nudity be harmful for 12 year old?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1828 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 10:07:43 »

would nudity be harmful for 12 year old?

"Pretty Baby" caused quite a stir when it came out ....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1829 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 10:20:05 »
Highly enjoyed Season 2 of The Bad Batch, alot darker than the first and excited for Season 3 (unless they pull an Anime/Into The Badlands and not release the next season to finish it out).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline phinix

« Reply #1830 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 17:33:07 »

would nudity be harmful for 12 year old?

"Pretty Baby" caused quite a stir when it came out ....

Cool. Watching now...

Offline phinix

« Reply #1832 on: Wed, 12 April 2023, 14:10:25 »
The Whole Truth, with Keanu. Good trial movie, I've seen it few times in the past, it was time to re-watch it :)

298269-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 April 2023, 18:33:52 by phinix »

Offline phinix

« Reply #1833 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 18:35:28 »
Knock at the Cabin. What the hell was that?

298271-0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1835 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 11:39:48 »
I remain unconvinced that shyamalan is a good director/writer

He did that one really good one a while ago

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1836 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 13:53:25 »
Started watching The Bad Batch

I feel like I'm more into Star Wars the past year than ever before in my life (aside from the maybe pre-Episode 1 hype, which was crazy. Yeah I'm old)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1837 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 14:37:42 »

remain unconvinced that shyamalan is a good director/writer

He did that one really good one a while ago

He has made 2 or 3 good ones. And I actually really liked the swimming pool one that was panned so badly.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 April 2023, 06:44:15 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1838 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 06:37:23 »
Bullet ant documentary.

I mean, you watch it, and it looks just like the hot pepper challenge, and you kinda want to try it.

But there's no way to do so ethically since it's basically animal abuse. Or is Tp4 using that as an excuse to chicken out.  /introspection

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1839 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 22:37:56 »
Bloodsport (1988)

The film looks a little soft in 4K

Was this a good movie,  nostalgia wise, yes. plot wise... mmmm.....mmmmmmmm......

Universal soldier is more definitive VDm

298385-0
298387-1
298363-2

Offline phinix

« Reply #1840 on: Sun, 16 April 2023, 05:34:42 »
Bloodsport (1988)

The film looks a little soft in 4K

Was this a good movie,  nostalgia wise, yes. plot wise... mmmm.....mmmmmmmm......

Universal soldier is more definitive VDm

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Those movies were never about the plot :)
I remember watching it in 80s on VHS, bringing them home on tapes, awaiting the moment we play it. Rambo, Rocky, Commando, Bloodsport - no proper plot, just guys whacking each other :D
Sometimes they tried to create proper story - remember that movie with Stallone, he had a little daugther and was driving a truck? Over the Top, was it?
No wait, he had a son, daughter was in Commando with Arnie.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 April 2023, 05:36:41 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1841 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 12:58:18 »
Antman Quantumania..

It's a pretty cool movie, sigh, but Tp4 really wishes hollywood would stop framing feminism in such a forced fashion.

It's really weird and unnatural for the actresses to be placed in a locked box with the singular narrative that anything boys can do girls can do just as well. Society today agrees that it's true, but now all of a sudden every female character behaves like a tomboy. In a movie such as this, there's not enough runtime for development/ backstory, so they do not mesh into the backdrop.

It also impacts their acting, rigid, uncanny, 1-dimensional and trying.

298406-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1842 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 17:27:18 »
Antman Quantumania..

It's a pretty cool movie, sigh, but Tp4 really wishes hollywood would stop framing feminism in such a forced fashion.

It's really weird and unnatural for the actresses to be placed in a locked box with the singular narrative that anything boys can do girls can do just as well. Society today agrees that it's true, but now all of a sudden every female character behaves like a tomboy. In a movie such as this, there's not enough runtime for development/ backstory, so they do not mesh into the backdrop.

It also impacts their acting, rigid, uncanny, 1-dimensional and trying.

(Attachment Link)

Both AM movies were movies I paused because I was bored watching, then when I noticed the tab open at the end of the night I just closed it without finishing the films and had no regrets. I rarely do that, but did it w/ 1&2 so I'mma skip 3 cause I know I'll just watch half and forget about it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1843 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 20:50:35 »
Richard Donner Cut,  haven't seen before.

sigh... all our classic actresses look obachan in 4K

298444-0
298446-1

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1844 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 21:27:00 »
Saw Mario. Was pretty good.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1845 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 09:12:51 »
Power Rangers Once and Always....

Very watchable if you skip around, fight sequences are much improved from classic. It's less cheezy, semblance of continuity. Ending is a bit weak, but not offensively so.

298449-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 April 2023, 07:59:37 by fohat.digs »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1848 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 21:17:57 »
12 Angry Men,   I remember watching this @ skool on VHS, really bad because it's a long damn table, and hard to follow when they got around.

Excellent excellent scan.

298472-0
298470-1

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1849 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 21:26:16 »
It can not be overstated how good Cyberpunk Edgerunner is. The synchronous flow state of the plot, with perfect fluidity, transporting the audience into a dystopia that is so futuristic, yet frighteningly flawed/ human/ and familiar.

4th time rewatching.