Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 390803 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #2000 on: Wed, 19 July 2023, 23:53:26 »
Man these old shows are SLoowowowowowowow...

Already falling asleep.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #2001 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 00:30:04 »
Man these old shows are SLoowowowowowowow...

Already falling asleep.

Old shows are really slow, because they to stretch-out plotlines for ages but there is still some good stuff (The good twilight zone episodes, Ingmar Bergman's scenes from a marriage/fanny and Alexander if your into more artsy stuff) but most of it is really dated, especially because tv was seen as expendable even back in the 90s, it was stuff like the sopranos that changed the perception of television as an art-form in the early 2000s, which is why you see a lot better shows coming out in the 2000s/2010s etc

Old Movies though... when they are good they are so good
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2002 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 07:18:49 »

SLoowowowowowowow

I believe that attention spans are collapsing with the advent of computer-based entertainment.

Consider the recent thread discussion about meditation where many (most?) of the comments were something to the effect of "I wouldn't even try to meditate because I know that I couldn't do it" or "it would be too boring" or "it's just a waste of time" ....

People need to be comfortable inside their own heads.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #2003 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 11:21:48 »
Old shows are really slow, because they to stretch-out plotlines for ages
Some of the modern American TV series (True Detective s03, Ozark, the latter half of Better Call Saul) are so slow it's like watching paint dry.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2004 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 18:31:57 »
I'm honestly not sure attention spans have gotten worse.
People have too much stuff going on and media creators have figured out short pays well. Why make $20 on a 30 minute video when you can stretch it into 3 videos making $20 each. Even with TV, you get less than 22 minutes for 30 minutes, not only does that mean more time for ads, it also means less footage to be filmed. On average, even modest shows need 20 minutes of film for every 1 minute of footage used, on top of writing editing etc... Considering the crews involved that can be a considerable amount saved.  Radio is no different, they love shorter songs for the same reason.

So is it peoples attention spans or media telling you it's people's attention spans?

I'm with Iri on this, new shows are no better or worse on pace. Watch some Discovery and see how slow paced some stuff is these days.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2005 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 19:20:02 »

SLoowowowowowowow

I believe that attention spans are collapsing with the advent of computer-based entertainment.

Consider the recent thread discussion about meditation where many (most?) of the comments were something to the effect of "I wouldn't even try to meditate because I know that I couldn't do it" or "it would be too boring" or "it's just a waste of time" ....

Yep, exactly. Zero commitment to anything. Like even writing emails at work - when you send one question - its fine, but when you send few more, or ask about 3-4 things - they just answer on first one. What the hell?! Seriously - they don't read long emails, don't respond to more then one question. What is wrong with people nowadays...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2007 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 21:02:22 »

SLoowowowowowowow

Yep, exactly. Zero commitment to anything. Like even writing emails at work - when you send one question - its fine, but when you send few more, or ask about 3-4 things - they just answer on first one. What the hell?! Seriously - they don't read long emails, don't respond to more then one question. What is wrong with people nowadays...

People claim they have no time to do anything, then they go and do half their work and spend the other half complaining they have nothing to do
at least that was my office experience

Offline phinix

« Reply #2008 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 05:41:01 »

SLoowowowowowowow

People claim they have no time to do anything, then they go and do half their work and spend the other half complaining they have nothing to do
at least that was my office experience

In my experience, in 25 years of office work, I noticed people were always complaining how much work they have, but in reality they were ****ing around, artificialy expanding their work time to show how overworked they are, also making lots of mistakes in every single task, explaining themselves that they "did their best". Its most common british sentence in office - "did their best"... :rolleyes: When you live in UK, you will notice that 99% of people at work they "do their best", offices, shops, services, mail and delivery companies - everywhere. 8 on 10 instances, nothing is done correct.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 July 2023, 05:44:51 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #2009 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 05:48:13 »
^^ Hughmahnns,  Amirigh?

Yep, TP, you're right.
That is why I keep saying I don't like to work with humans, I like to work with computers - no mistakes, no complains, we completely understand eachother :)

OK, I need to stop writing about work, started changing this thread to "What is bothering you" thread :D which is one of our favourite thread on this forum :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 July 2023, 05:50:23 by phinix »

Offline iri

« Reply #2010 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 10:19:59 »
When you live in UK, you will notice that 99% of people at work they "do their best", offices, shops, services, mail and delivery companies - everywhere. 8 on 10 instances, nothing is done correct.
Can confirm this.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2011 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 15:39:00 »
They are ruining the Spock character,  this whole romantic trope is nonsense. it's wasting so much screen time, and we already know it's completely inconsequential.

There's simply nothing to explore, it' is exceptionally pedantic and TV-Human, it's not even realistic.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2012 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 15:51:09 »

They are ruining the Spock character

Sorry to hear that. I have not started season 2 yet, I like to be able to see multiple episodes rather than continually fret about it from week to week.

I really, really like "Strange New Worlds" - it has engaged me more than any other series since TOS, probably because I actually enjoy and respect most of the main characters. Spock, in particular, I have been very pleased with. I am surprised that they have broken canon to such a degree on that sub-plot for no discernable reason.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

« Reply #2013 on: Sun, 23 July 2023, 16:53:43 »
Hypnotic.
New movie with Ben Affleck. Pretty good, kinda "Inception" story.

300760-0

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #2014 on: Sun, 23 July 2023, 18:51:00 »

I mean the internet is just another avenue for entertainment. It's not like young people aren't watching movies or anything, I feel that the moral panic is similar to radio, tv or video games when they started to reach the mainstream, it's just a lot shorter content.

With the meditation thread a lot of those people probably don't think they will be able to do meditation but when they actually try it they realize that they can, I was and I get distracted easily and even I can meditate just fine.

I think that tiktok is just very addicting so people want to use the platform, but people are very willing to watch longer content still, think about binge culture and the like. I don't see a lot of people's perspective from a gen Z person when it comes to attention spans, but maybe in 30-40 years I'll be complaining the same way about the new entertainment platforms, maybe not.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2015 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 17:27:25 »
The CrossOver episode was excellent.

It seeeeems to allude to the fact that the Spock-romance may be abnormal and will be Dealt-With.   We shall see.  It's odd that there's so much setup for something like that, but we'll seeeeee...

Offline phinix

« Reply #2016 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 18:03:11 »
The Descendants.
Really liked it, it was a re-watch of course, but I like to go back to movies that show real life events, just simple story, not always funny, but real.
Plus, I adore Shailene Woodley, she's really cute.

300780-0

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2018 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 09:36:43 »
I missed barbie and oppenheimer because i've been sick the past few weeks.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #2019 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 10:26:47 »
Hulu Futurama, it's a bit slow, first episode.

Oh wait it's out, didn't realise. Will have to become a pirate to watch it though, hulu isn't in australia :(

I missed barbie and oppenheimer because i've been sick the past few weeks.

I watched oppenheimer and it was a great movie but not close to like 10/10 perfect. Very interesting though and would reccomend as you would probably enjoy it more than I did, probably seeing barbie on friday with friends which is cool. Also hope you are feeling better now.

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #2020 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 11:19:48 »
Found and watched the new episode of futurama, it was alright and agree with tp4 that it was slow. Also really don't like how meta the episode was, hopefully it's a one of thing cause it was distracting. Hopefully the later episodes are better because I could see the potential to improve here.

Also weird thing I noticed was that there was a massive retcon where they made it so everyone traveled back to the point before time stopped rather than before farnsworth made the time machine in meanwhile (I was a superfan of futurama back as a kid so I know all this stuff). I thought it made the ending quite open and always saw it as it returning back to the first episode (which happened when meanwhile aired). It's just weird to see them change a massive moment for the show and wasn't what I was expecting, I kinda wish they didn't do that as well. It does create some some new dynamics so hopefully they can take full advantage of that.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2021 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 02:13:48 »
Finally watched Guardians Vol. 3
What a mess of a movie. Soundtrack blasting over every scene, barely coherent, jumping around timelines, just having new characters be there with no explanation or introduction. I feel like I missed an entire movie, but no, I defiantly saw Vol. 2 twice and last I heard 3 still comes after 2.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2022 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 03:28:05 »
What a mess of a movie. Soundtrack blasting over every scene, barely coherent, jumping around timelines, just having new characters be there with no explanation or introduction. I feel like I missed an entire movie, but no, I defiantly saw Vol. 2 twice and last I heard 3 still comes after 2.

Yeah, 3rd one was the loudest and messiest one :)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2023 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 07:41:03 »

Maybe i forgot to mention this, but i saw it on the 28th in an early screening preview for free. Ha, im never gonna get that opportunity again. I do agree that it very fast pace. Personally i enjoyed it a bit more than you. For me its a consistent four stars, Rocket practically makes the movie four stars because of Bradley's incredible acting performance.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2024 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 07:42:29 »
Finally got around to watching mission impossible dead recoking part 1. Lots of old folks in theaters. One phone went off really loudly, these people don't even know how to put it in silent. And there was this person who was crinkling a plastic bag throughout the film. My cinema has some stupid thing called an UltraAVX, but now that i think about it, the screens actually very small compared to the Cinesphere which is my favourite theater. It's a shame its closed for renovations, though.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2025 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 07:42:40 »

Soundtrack blasting over every scene

For me, this has become a COLOSSAL problem in movies and TV in recent years.

It is bad enough that volume of spoken words has become so variable (for dramatic effect?) wherein the most important words are spoken in the most hushed tones and, surprise! that is when the music often swells.

Presumably, the sound engineers are proud of themselves for creating a roller coaster of noise that increases emotion (but for the worse, in my opinion).

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2026 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 07:43:15 »
Found and watched the new episode of futurama, it was alright and agree with tp4 that it was slow. Also really don't like how meta the episode was, hopefully it's a one of thing cause it was distracting. Hopefully the later episodes are better because I could see the potential to improve here.

Also weird thing I noticed was that there was a massive retcon where they made it so everyone traveled back to the point before time stopped rather than before farnsworth made the time machine in meanwhile (I was a superfan of futurama back as a kid so I know all this stuff). I thought it made the ending quite open and always saw it as it returning back to the first episode (which happened when meanwhile aired). It's just weird to see them change a massive moment for the show and wasn't what I was expecting, I kinda wish they didn't do that as well. It does create some some new dynamics so hopefully they can take full advantage of that.

Let's be honest though - did they really need to continue this series? Because this is a hot take, but that ending was already perfect. Just let the guy rest..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2027 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 10:09:41 »
Finally got around to watching mission impossible dead recoking part 1. Lots of old folks in theaters. One phone went off really loudly, these people don't even know how to put it in silent. And there was this person who was crinkling a plastic bag throughout the film. My cinema has some stupid thing called an UltraAVX, but now that i think about it, the screens actually very small compared to the Cinesphere which is my favourite theater. It's a shame its closed for renovations, though.

Projection is all about Contrast-Ratio Sintpinty.  Size is important but secondary.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2028 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 15:19:19 »

Soundtrack blasting over every scene

For me, this has become a COLOSSAL problem in movies and TV in recent years.

It is bad enough that volume of spoken words has become so variable (for dramatic effect?) wherein the most important words are spoken in the most hushed tones and, surprise! that is when the music often swells.

Presumably, the sound engineers are proud of themselves for creating a roller coaster of noise that increases emotion (but for the worse, in my opinion).

It reminds me of 2000's video game cut scenes where the character dialogue would be super low compared to the music levels. A good example is the Sonic Adventure games.
Odd how films are going backwards, but games have gotten it right by now (more or less)

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #2029 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 18:43:14 »
Let's be honest though - did they really need to continue this series? Because this is a hot take, but that ending was already perfect. Just let the guy rest..

Yeah I agree it didn't need to be rebooted and meanwhile was the perfect ending for the show, the reboot definitely feels corporate. But I still feel that a reboot was expected from a show that was "cancelled" 3 times (will be 4 when the hulu reboot ends lol also it was technically 2 but still) and in usual circumstances, should've been an obscure early 2000s cult classic that ended in 2004, but it far exceeded expectations in terms of popularity, especially when it had all the cards against it when it ran on fox.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 July 2023, 18:57:25 by Rhienfo »
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #2030 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 09:10:50 »
Finished both Oppenheimer/barbie. Honestly barbie was better, but both were really good movies. Would recommend both films to everyone if for some reason you haven't planned to see them.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2031 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 10:10:58 »
Been enjoying the new season of Always Sunny. It feels like a return to form after they jumped the shark last season. You can tell all the main characters are actually friends outside of the show, the chemistry is effortless.

I feel like the podcast is the best thing that could have possibly happened to Always Sunny. It's super entertaining in its own right and got them back to their roots.

Asteroid City
As one reviewer put it, it's Inception for theater nerds.

Honestly... It's really good and also meh at the same time.
The Alien is fantastic but if you plan to see it do yourself a favor and don't Google it, you need to see it in context for it to really be appreciated.

Really enjoyed Asteroid City. Even any "meh" parts are still beautiful and wonderfully shot, so I was never really feeling bored or uninterested. It certainly scratches the Wes Anderson itch.

We saw Barbie a couple days ago - lives up to the hype for sure.

Working through The Bear right now, another great show that deserves all the attention it's been getting lately.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2036 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 16:54:02 »
Shadowlands (1993).

301079-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2037 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 20:13:23 »
Watching twisted metal.

It's not bad given the thin material to go on. But I feel like the main character is too forced.  Like you know it's suppose to be comic relief, but the levity doesn't seem belivable.

Also, The science is a bit loose.  Why would they transport a few bags of dog food around, with gasoline cars, in a future where probably no more gasoline could be produced.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2038 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 20:28:38 »
Watching twisted metal.

It's not bad given the thin material to go on. But I feel like the main character is too forced.  Like you know it's suppose to be comic relief, but the levity doesn't seem belivable.

Also, The science is a bit loose.  Why would they transport a few bags of dog food around, with gasoline cars, in a future where probably no more gasoline could be produced.

TM Black actually had a surprising amount of lore and story for a game of that type. I remember those grindhouse Rob Zombie fmv's fondly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2039 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 21:26:14 »
It's alot better than most recent crop of shows. So, not h8n' on it.  Very much watchable.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2040 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 14:39:01 »
Going to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem tonight

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2042 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 15:32:36 »
Movie ticket prices of late. /Inflation

go on Tuesdays you usually get a discount

Offline phinix

« Reply #2043 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 15:34:56 »
Movie ticket prices of late. /Inflation

Yeah, here in Scotland, I was going to see Indiana Jones last weekend - 3x tickets + 3x popcorn with drinks, £60.
W..T...F...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2044 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 16:27:00 »
Saw an advert for laser projectors, they're pitching its power efficiency, how it's super efficient at 350 watts sustained operation vs 450watts of Mercury lamps.

LOLOL, the net result is usually BARELY 50 nits of brightness, when the average $200 tv running 70watts can do 250+ nits.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2045 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 16:45:28 »
When You Finish Saving the World.
You can skip this one... :rolleyes:

301181-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2046 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 18:29:48 »

3x popcorn with drinks

Cocessions are where they always soak you.
A handful of grain with artificial seasoning and some sugar-water with artificial flavoring probably - each - cost nearly as much as the ticket, or they would in the US.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2047 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 22:57:48 »
I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem and it was really good

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2048 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 23:04:50 »
I'm honestly not sure attention spans have gotten worse.
People have too much stuff going on and media creators have figured out short pays well. Why make $20 on a 30 minute video when you can stretch it into 3 videos making $20 each. Even with TV, you get less than 22 minutes for 30 minutes, not only does that mean more time for ads, it also means less footage to be filmed. On average, even modest shows need 20 minutes of film for every 1 minute of footage used, on top of writing editing etc... Considering the crews involved that can be a considerable amount saved.  Radio is no different, they love shorter songs for the same reason.

So is it peoples attention spans or media telling you it's people's attention spans?

I'm with Iri on this, new shows are no better or worse on pace. Watch some Discovery and see how slow paced some stuff is these days.

No, i have a bad attention span. Anything without superheroes or animation or action or a24 is nearly incomprehensible to me. or is that called a preference/comfort food?

Offline phinix

« Reply #2049 on: Thu, 03 August 2023, 03:19:55 »

3x popcorn with drinks

Cocessions are where they always soak you.
A handful of grain with artificial seasoning and some sugar-water with artificial flavoring probably - each - cost nearly as much as the ticket, or they would in the US.

Yep, extras are expensive, however tickets went up too. 10 years ago tickets were for £5, now £12 for top screens.
I used to just go and watch a movie, no popcorn or other food. But with kids is different subject :)