Author Topic: So I bought some DSA caps from Signature Plastics.  (Read 16581 times)

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
So I bought some DSA caps from Signature Plastics.
« on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 22:43:31 »
This is my first keyboard (Filco TKL blue cherries) and my first set of replacement keycaps. I'm still not obsessed enough with this (my co-workers disagree; they just haven't seen geekhack) to spend time mentally working through the group buy sets/options, so I decided to just order "off-the-shelf" here: http://keycapsdirect.com/marketplace.php

I bought one Base Set (White) and one Modifier Set (White) and it took all of a whole week to ship to Singapore. Have just replaced all the keys and here are some pictures. I'd like to write up some impressions and how they are different from the stock Filco caps too.

I first saw someone use these Signature Plastic DSA caps, which are shorter in height than standard keycaps, on a Poker or something similar looking. They bottom of the keycaps can be clearly seen as if they were floating above the keyboard because of the shorter height. I didn't want this effect on my keyboard but at that point I had already made the purchase. Luckily for me, these do not float on a Filco board.

However, I dislike the fact that some of these keycaps are not perfectly aligned, creating a jagged gap between keys (see the lines in red). I found two keycaps which are more spherical than the others, and that's how I imagined all of the keys would be. Nonetheless, I'm guessing these two more spherical ones are home keys? (F and J) That's how I use them anyway. (Please tell me if I'm doing it wrong, Internet. LOL)

It would have been nice if the entire set had been the same degree of spherical-ness of the two home key ones.

In terms of tactility, the texture on top of the keycap rocks and even my non keyboard geek friends can feel the difference (and like it). I'm only hoping this will stay and not fade away or become glossy over time.

The keyboard itself feels bigger when I have to reach a bit further to press certain keys. This is an illusion I think caused by my habit of pressing down farther (from home row) keys on the edge as opposed to the center, which I am forced to do now with these new caps. They "taper" more so the top of the cap has a smaller area than stock keys.

The shorter keycaps do give a new, tighter feel to the switches when typing. It feels slightly more responsive as opposed to the Filco caps which are not as stable due to the taller keycaps (I'm guessing) and "feel" heavier/take longer to bounce back up after a key press. Of course, probably 70% of this is psychological.

Will return and post more comments if I have any new opinions.
⌨ Filco MJ2 MX Blues / M0116 Orange Alps / Homemade 60% MX Reds / M0110

Cherry MX art prints 20/50 still available!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: So I bought some DSA caps from Signature Plastics.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 23:04:11 »
The OCD level is OVER 9000!!!

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 23:12:49 »
?!?!!??!??!!!??!?!?!?!

Offline tbc

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 23:16:57 »
i think he's referring to your concern about the floating keycaps. 
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 23:22:26 »
Yes, floating keycaps are ugly in my opinion!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 23:23:10 »
lol I think he's implying you're too picky.

But honestly after seeing the pictures, I feel like I probably would've have the same reaction if I buy this set.

However definitely update us on typing feel later.  I'm considering buying this set too.  Though at the moment not too big on the domed F and J also.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2013, 23:25:16 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 23:32:06 »
Yeah man. Especially the jagged gap.

I want all my keys to be domed like the F and J though, not the other way round...

Currently typing on this feels a bit slower than on my stock Filco caps, but I think a fair assessment is after I get used to this and can type at normal speed, what the difference is between this and the stock caps.

Also the noise is slightly "thockier" than the stock caps somehow when typing on these. But of course the click from the blue switch itself is still there loud and clear. (My second keyboard will definitely not be a blue, too loud.)

Offline Hyde

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 00:36:48 »
Damn it what have you done, I just saw that they have blue modifier so I ordered a white base + blue mod.

Curiosity (DSA) + Blue (My Favorite Color) = Can't Resist

LOL I guess I'll find out when the keycaps come in later.  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 01:20:12 »
Very nice....  :cool:

And please post pictures of course.

One of the things that I had to sort of figure out - the spacebar comes in this long rectangular plastic bag. If you remove your stock spacebar and look underneath, there are two plastic hooks where the stabiliser goes in to—those can be removed and fitted in your new spacebar to use with the stabilisers. If they are too loose, which they were in mine (spacebar, shift, backspace etc), just cut a small square from the plastic bag and put it on the + shaped hole (the mount) before fitting in the plastic hooks. They will then fit snugly. On some mounts I had to use two layers of plastic cutouts to make it snug.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 September 2013, 01:23:52 by hydrospell »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 02:05:45 »
LOL you have blank keycaps and worried about how it looks - will you even look at the keyboard? ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 02:10:30 »
LOL hey blank caps are a visual style too.  >:D

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 03:29:37 »
I tried. I think they're just uneven.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 03:54:17 »
I'm curious about DSA.  I collected together all I had in my Crap Bag, but most of the modifiers are missing.

Still curious ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 04:28:43 »
What do you want to know?

The modifier keys are nothing special, just an elongated version of the spherical cap. So imagine a flat modifier key with the four corners slightly raised to form that 'embossed' feel. (not sure if correct word for it). Along the longer side of the key, it is a slight cylindrical curve.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 04:50:09 »
What do you want to know?

The modifier keys are nothing special, just an elongated version of the spherical cap. So imagine a flat modifier key with the four corners slightly raised to form that 'embossed' feel. (not sure if correct word for it). Along the longer side of the key, it is a slight cylindrical curve.

What they feel like to type on.

There have been a few GB with DSA keycaps, which I have skipped for various reasons.

Now I am curious, and was wondering whether I had enough DSA keycaps in my Crap Bag to make a set to try, but alas not.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 05:21:07 »
They feel not that different from the stock keycaps (which, on my filco, are flat, not cylindrical).

In terms of typing feel, I think the PBT material makes all the keys feel more solid to type on, and sound more solid too. This goes for the modifier keys as well.

The slight inwards curve on the modifier keys tend to guide my pinkies towards the bottom of the 'cylindrical curve'.

The 1.5x keys (ctrl, alt, cmd, fn) feel pretty much flat, not much of a curve. They feel exactly the same like the stock ones to my fingers. However, to me I do have to bottom out on all the modifier keys to gain enough leverage to press on another key in addition. Bottoming out on these caps feel less hollow than bottoming out on the stock Filco caps. This goes for all keys, not just the modifiers.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 08:04:51 »
Dosent the profile make it hard to type?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Hyde

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:22:30 »
Man I just bought a set only to realize it's tenkeyless only.  I think I got too excited and didn't read the details before my purchase lol fail.  =________=

As of now I actually don't have any tenkeyless keyboards.  I only use full size keyboard because typically I'll need the number pad for work stuff.

I wonder if I should cancel my order or just try it out first and if I like it then get a tenkeyless boarder later.  Too bad Signature Plastic doesn't carry tenkey set in their options.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 22:14:01 »
If you're used to typing on the corner of keycaps, especially for letters far away from the home row, which I do, yes you will miss certain keyboards. Otherwise in terms of feel I prefer these to the stock ones as I think the profile makes the action feel tighter. Emphasis on feel.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 22:16:55 »
Man I just bought a set only to realize it's tenkeyless only.  I think I got too excited and didn't read the details before my purchase lol fail.  =________=

As of now I actually don't have any tenkeyless keyboards.  I only use full size keyboard because typically I'll need the number pad for work stuff.

I wonder if I should cancel my order or just try it out first and if I like it then get a tenkeyless boarder later.  Too bad Signature Plastic doesn't carry tenkey set in their options.

Oh man that sucks balls.

It's still Sunday so I gather they haven't shipped it yet..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 01:31:19 »

You could try to collect some matching keycaps from peoples' Crap Bags - I had a few DSA in there.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 08:42:43 »
Or you could start collecting clacks :P

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 15:17:56 »
Or you could start collecting clacks :P

Slightly different profile ;)

Offline Hyde

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 20:53:10 »
Actually I've decided to make a Gon board instead and use the DSA I bought.  It will be my first 60% and my first custom keyboard so hopefully it will be fun.

If I end up not liking it then maybe I'll just sell it in classified after.  But should be a fun experience while I'm making it also I think it would look nice.

:)

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 22:16:13 »
Hyde if you do make that 60% board and end up not wanting it, please show it to me, I'm looking. Just don't let the caps you bought be white... They're irritating to keep spotless (this is me on day 3 with these).

What's a Gon board? And what's a clack? I know it's those keycaps with that skull design on them but are they a special cult or something? Sorry for newb kthxbai.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 22:33:00 »
LOL fail it's more expensive than I thought, maybe buying Poker 2 + custom case elsewhere might be cheaper.

http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/

I guess at least I'm not in any rush I'll probably think about this later.

Oh and I bought white keycaps + blue mod.  :P
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 22:35:09 by Hyde »

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 22:47:01 »
Meh.

Thanks for the link :)

Offline grave00

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 23:21:38 »

You know they have separate tenkey sets listed.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:25:29 »

Link plz

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 03:36:47 »
I experienced the same about the misalignment of the keys. Didn't bother me too much to be honest, since I'm not looking at the keyboard when typing anyways. Just looks a bit awkward. Have gone back to the thick PBT OEM from imsto a while back, still have the DSA caps stashed somewhere. Quite the bang for the buck tho.
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 05:35:30 »

Link plz

http://www.keycapsdirect.com/marketplace.php

Under the picture it says "Numpad Sets NOW AVAILABLE" and "DSA Blank Numpad Sets".

Offline Hyde

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:10:50 »
OMG I swear they released it after I bought it.  That link used to not be there when I bought mine.

(=_____________=)

And now they have shipped my order and I have to pay for shipping again.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:13:26 by Hyde »

Offline germy

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:39:27 »
I was just eyeing this but the news about white keys getting dirty easily is disconcerting. I might have to grab black and red instead of white and blue.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:45:21 »
I was just eyeing this but the news about white keys getting dirty easily is disconcerting. I might have to grab black and red instead of white and blue.

5 days in. White keys are still white but I do feel I'm a bit more cautious with not staining them. If you are disciplined enough to wipe or wash your hands before using these you'll be fine. I do carry the keyboard in my backpack between work and home on a daily basis and so far it seems to be quite resistant to picking up bits of dirt in the backpack.

I experienced the same about the misalignment of the keys. Didn't bother me too much to be honest, since I'm not looking at the keyboard when typing anyways. Just looks a bit awkward. Have gone back to the thick PBT OEM from imsto a while back, still have the DSA caps stashed somewhere. Quite the bang for the buck tho.

It's the look that sold these caps for me, and my fingers adjusted to the spacing very quickly. Not sure whether that's what you meant by misalignment. If I'm correct these are whole set of nicely textured PBT caps, albeit a bit lower in profile, but agreed that it's very good bang:back ratio.

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:02:55 »
Yep thats right, I meant the spacing and even twist of some of the keys which is slightly off for me aswell.
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline Hyde

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 13:16:49 »
I wouldn't worry about white keycaps.  I've been using beige keycaps forever and they don't look dirty or anything.

If anything I find light color keycaps actually look more clean because dust is less obvious on light color and more obvious on black keycaps.

As with the tenkey set it kinda suck that you can't pick mod color.  So if I want to match the theme I have now I'd have to buy 2 sets.

Sigh.... cost is slowly going up more and more.....  :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 15:03:10 by Hyde »

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 00:13:37 »
I wouldn't worry about white keycaps.  I've been using beige keycaps forever and they don't look dirty or anything.

If anything I find light color keycaps actually look more clean because dust is less obvious on light color and more obvious on black keycaps.

As with the tenkey set it kinda suck that you can't pick mod color.  So if I want to match the theme I have now I'd have to buy 2 sets.

Sigh.... cost is slowly going up more and more.....  :(

Or you can just paint them yourself... Nice little weekend project with 0 chance of destroying your keyboard?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 00:20:31 »
Have you noticed small nubs on the caps, remnants of the mold where you can recognize a certain orientation?  Perhaps if you tried to have all caps aligned in the same direction with respect to those identifying features, you could have them lined up more evenly.  I know I saw those tiny mold marks on DSA Retro when I was looking to properly orient such symmetric caps as 'O' and 'I'.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 03:48:45 »
Have you noticed small nubs on the caps, remnants of the mold where you can recognize a certain orientation?  Perhaps if you tried to have all caps aligned in the same direction with respect to those identifying features, you could have them lined up more evenly.  I know I saw those tiny mold marks on DSA Retro when I was looking to properly orient such symmetric caps as 'O' and 'I'.

Hey thanks for the tip - never noticed the nubs. (so much for attention to detail)

I'll give this a go in the weekend when work isn't as crazy and update if there are improvements.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:53:07 »
So my set hasn't arrive yet, but just out of curiosity is DSA all the same profile on all rows?

Like it's just flat through out?

Or do they still have profile labels under the keycaps?
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 15:59:08 by Hyde »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 16:06:50 »
So my set hasn't arrive yet, but just out of curiosity is DSA all the same profile on all rows?

They are symmetrical and are the same flat profile for each row.  So there's no contoured curve that you're used to with OEM or Cherry caps.  It might feel strange typing on DSA if you are used to normal contours.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 12:27:59 »

Can confirm that they are same profile on all rows.

The lower uniform profile of these make it easier for me to type faster.

Offline mr. rampage

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 12:40:10 »
My pack of Whites+Reds shipped today. I'll take pictures & give my two cents when I get home. Pretty stoked about these.

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 13:10:33 »
rampage - congrats! Post a link here to your post when you're done?

Offline alosec

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 19:37:21 »
Hey hydrospell, I have the same problems as you with my DSA set. I can't deal with the wonky key staggering no matter how pretty they look.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 19:43:37 »

Hey thanks for the tip - never noticed the nubs. (so much for attention to detail)

I'll give this a go in the weekend when work isn't as crazy and update if there are improvements.

No update = no improvement?

Offline mr. rampage

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 19:57:02 »
Hydrosell, I've posted my review here. I noticed that staggering that you mentioned, but it doesn't bother me much..

Offline hydrospell

• * Destiny Supporter
  • some keyboard thing
    • octobrain
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 21:02:24 »

No update = no improvement?

I tried a couple but not the entire keyboard. It doesn't seem to solve the problem and the bigger problem is I'm still stuck with work!   :blank:

edit: meaning I still want to try it with the entire keyboard, but need to find the time.

Offline mr. rampage

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 08:59:40 »
After using these keys for the past three days, I think these might be rejected keycaps. For the price it's still good, but I do notice that the stems seem inconsistent and the warping on individual keys is also inconsistent. It might be an issue with the cooling process as it appears to have a slight buckle at the edges for some keys. It doesn't bother me at all, but that's my guess. It's more noticeable on the longer keys.

As with the stems, I noticed that about 4 in the entire pack cannot be pushed in all the way. Which works out as I can use these raised keys for the arrow keys. I'll post photos tonight on the buckling.