Author Topic: Nintendo NX  (Read 10130 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Nintendo NX
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:27:06 »
I don't understand what ya'll'zes argument is..

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:27:20 »
I just dont see how anyone can logically argue that console hardware limitations haven't held back pc games

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:29:14 »
I just dont see how anyone can logically argue that console hardware limitations haven't held back pc games

Because if anything consoles have given people more ways to play and interact with games than a mouse and keyboard has done, which in turn has given PC gamers more options.

But it's cool, my brain doesn't work and nothing I say makes sense, so don't worry about it.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:29:53 »
Lost on me?  My entire argument has been that they 'mods and hacks' are only necessary because consoles hardware cannot run with the 'mods and hacks'.

....Mods and hacks are only the result of bad console ports?? mkey..

though I guess whats wrong with my brain is that I'm able to be civil...

I dont consider being dismissive, and declaring something 'doesnt count' when you have no actual argument to debate it is civil..

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:30:42 »
calm down self!
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:37:48 by cmadrid »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:33:50 »

Because if anything consoles have given people more ways to play and interact with games than a mouse and keyboard has done, which in turn has given PC gamers more options.

But it's cool, my brain doesn't work and nothing I say makes sense, so don't worry about it.

Arguing that graphics don't matter in a VIDEO medium is amazing

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 16:41:59 »

That's true but what you are seeing nowadays is developers will focus on the consoles first and then just port something over with a control scheme that doesn't even make sense for a mouse/keyboard.

You see this happening in games that are/were originally pc based.
Dragon age is definitely the most recent culprit for me. Origins was nice, pc centric, a strategy and tactics game that was only on the pc. It had a great control scheme and then DA2 and eventually inquisition just became really dumbed down because they focused on the consoles. Inquisition's control scheme is just so clunky and terrible for a modern game. Inquisition basically no longer has any strategy or tactics.

Same with crysis and a lot of the series that started on PC and eventually moved to the console.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:05:18 by the1onewolf »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 16:59:38 »

That's true but what you are seeing nowadays is developers will focus on the consoles first and then just port something over with a control scheme that doesn't even make sense for a mouse/keyboard.

You see this happening in games that are/were originally pc based.
Dragon age is definitely the most recent culprit for me. Origins was nice, pc centric and only on pc. It had a great control scheme and then DA2 and eventually inquisition just became really dumbed down because they focused on the consoles. Inquisition's control scheme is just so clunky and terrible for a modern game.

Same with crysis and a lot of ther series that started on PC and eventually moved to the console.

Yeah.. these days will it run Crysis isn't even a thing :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:03:42 »

Everyone just misses the skeleton colors, dude! :D

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:15:48 »

+1

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:47:05 »

+1

Why couldn't yall say  translucent..   

Skeleton-colors?  LOL..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:47:39 »
Lmao Crysis, least you guys clearly know what your talking about hahaha

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 18:00:25 »

+1

Why couldn't yall say  translucent..   

Skeleton-colors?  LOL..

Cause you can see the bones, yo!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 18:00:45 »
If you don't know the "Will it run Crysis" reference..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 19:52:17 »

To me.. the Crysis thing is overblown..

Crysis was more tech-demo than game..  for a Game, it was AWFUL...

And they just threw in hard to process stuff for the sake of making it demanding..

between Medium setting and Extreme, there was very little difference..

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 20:03:48 »
but you could turn everything up to 11 if you wanted to :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 20:36:30 »

Ok think about it this way..

You can have an infinitely large engine..  But eventually despite its massive power output, it's not going anywhere, because it's too damn heavy..

That's what crysis is..   they just threw in pointlessly heavy rendering to the point where it does nothing, yet consumes up gpu cycles,

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 21:05:44 »

Ok think about it this way..

You can have an infinitely large engine..  But eventually despite its massive power output, it's not going anywhere, because it's too damn heavy..

That's what crysis is..   they just threw in pointlessly heavy rendering to the point where it does nothing, yet consumes up gpu cycles,

See, this sort of angle is actually a viable argument!  The whole "Will it run Crysis" thing was pretty tongue-in-cheek after a while tho

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 02:04:43 »

Haha! Yeeah, I know why Crysis went to consoles but have never heard of that before haha

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 02:58:29 »
No, show me an example of PC games being worse because of a console.
There are lots of games that were intended for both PC and console release from the start (or PC first and a console release later during development) where levels have been designed to be small enough to fit inside a console's small memory when typical gaming PCs of the time had more.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 03:39:30 »
Traditional console gaming will be dead soon, this is probably the final generation we will see standalone gaming systems. That's why Steambox, that's why Nintendo NX, and that's why the Microsoft one(not sure they named it yet.) This just marks an ease of transition into combining console and PC markets. You can't fight it, it just sucks that in the end content will ultimately be the thing that suffers.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 13:26:21 »
I do quite miss the distinction between PC and console games. I played Quake on a PC because that was the only way to play it online and at a decent resolution. It was designed there for that.

Then the ports started.

And it all went downhill.

Nintendo is great at portables, but their consoles have blown ass since the SNES. A few good gems here and there (Super Smash Brothers, for example), but most everything is just some iteration of something they did a million years ago. To me at least. I guess my point is moot as their franchises basically print money because nostalgia.

Offline csnickba

• Gateron fanboy and topre lover.
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 09:02:38 »
Traditional console gaming will be dead soon, this is probably the final generation we will see standalone gaming systems. That's why Steambox, that's why Nintendo NX, and that's why the Microsoft one(not sure they named it yet.) This just marks an ease of transition into combining console and PC markets. You can't fight it, it just sucks that in the end content will ultimately be the thing that suffers.

I think the steambox will be a one of a kind thing for a while. I can't see Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo abandoning the console market for upgradeable pc like hardware just yet.