Author Topic: [CLOSED]EPDM 40a O-ring group buy. [FINI]  (Read 38822 times)

Offline piken

[CLOSED]EPDM 40a O-ring group buy. [FINI]
« on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 08:42:21 »
THIS GB HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO INACTIVITY AND THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE OP. piken, if you come back and still want to still finish up this GB, then PM one of the mods to open it again, or a better option would be to just start a fresh thread again. This one is a bit of a mess.

Hi all,

I am looking to organize a group buy for 40a O-rings. I have been working with a US based o-ring supplier and have worked out a supply price of $0.03 per oring at a supply count of 10k.

They are 5mm+-0.13 x 1.5mm+-0.08 EPDM 40a o-rings.

In order to do this group buy, I need to see the interest of at least 60 people with the rest of the price and o-ring absorbed by me to hopefully be sold on this board later.

In order to get in on this group buy, you will be required to purchase 1 set of 125 o-rings + a portion of the shipping of the o-rings, plus shipping to your location.

The price for the 125 o-rings is $4.25 us.
The shipping portion for each 125 o-ring package will be $0.25 us.
The CONUS shipping (via standard mail as the weight allows it) will be $0.45  (Due to the low price of the item, unless you are purchasing 10+ sets, I will not even discuss priority mail in the CONUS).

If outside the CONUS, the shipping will be at the rate of 1 oz per set to your location from Fort Lauderdale, Fl.

All money for this group buy will be handled via paypal. Upon obtaining the needed volume for the group buy I will submit requests for payment for each persons agreed upon amount. Once all money has been collected, the order will be placed and upon receipt of the order, I will with in 5 days package and send all orders out. (An extra day will be needed for international orders if they cannot be sent via the USPS).

I have decided that for Intl if you do not mind a chance that mail can get lost, I will ship through standard intl mail instead of priority. I will give photo verification of packaging and shipping for all shipments, but will not be held responsible for losses of mail due to postal services.

Please PM me with the following info to get in on the group buy.

Name:
Email (paypal billable):
Quantity (sets):
City to Ship to:
Priority mail (10+ sets): yes/no

Please make sure you have a verified shipping address associated with the paypal email sent in the PM's to me.

Current interest:
73-81 of 60 minimum for purchase.

If we can't get the 60, I will discuss pricing for less with the company, but looks to be the following currently:

1000   $0.08
2000   $0.06
5000   $0.041
10000 $0.034

(If we get enough orders to reach the next price point which is at 15000 o-rings, the price will be reduced slightly.)
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 April 2012, 23:19:11 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 08:46:53 »
infor1set
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Tarkoon

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 08:48:37 »
If these are EPDM O-rings, could you please tell me the shipping costs of 5 Sets to Germany?

Offline vax

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 08:50:01 »
You HAD to post this after I literally just ordered 1 set from WASD, didn't you?

Offline piken

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 08:59:58 »
Quote from: Tarkoon;521765
If these are EPDM O-rings, could you please tell me the shipping costs of 5 Sets to Germany?

These o-rings are HNBR which is a higher tensile strength material then EPDM with the same reboud, flex, and motion. These have a better heat variance then the EPDM o-rings and are more resistant to tears while maintaining the exact same properties and hardness as the EPDM.

The normal price of these o-rings in a lot of 10k is $0.05 per o-ring. A large medical device manufacturer recently order a large amount and there was a surplus left which is leading to a price of $0.02 less then the normal price.

If these are not purchased, EPDM o-rings would be purchased from the same company at $0.04 for quantities of 10k.

If interested where in Germany so I can give you ball park shipping?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 09:09:28 »
I'm interested in at LEAST one set, probably two.

What a good deal!

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 09:18:59 »
I'd like two sets if shipping to Germany isn't too expensive.
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline Tarkoon

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 09:20:07 »
Quote from: piken;521777
If interested where in Germany so I can give you ball park shipping?
"ball park shipping" ... even google gives no hint to a proper translation to German! ^^
I live near Cologne. Perhaps it could be interesting to proxy for some other Germans...

Offline shawn o

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 09:22:04 »
Good price, I get all mine directly from McMaster Carr. 125 for $8 or so I think I paid last time?

Offline piken

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 09:36:43 »
Quote from: Tarkoon;521796
"ball park shipping" ... even google gives no hint to a proper translation to German! ^^
I live near Cologne. Perhaps it could be interesting to proxy for some other Germans...

I will stop by the post office on lunch today to see if I can find out USPS priority shipping INTL as that is what I would most likely use as it is cheaper then all others. Will let you know ball park shipping this afternoon.

Offline CaiSter21

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 09:41:25 »
PM sent
Ducky Shine DK 9008S Red LED |Rosewill RK-9000BR

Offline piken

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 09:50:14 »
I have called a few different shipping companies and DHL, Fedex, and UPS are out. The Intl shipping will be done via the flat rate 10x5 envelope.

The shipping of it to Germany is $16.95 which is steep. If we can work out for a few people the best way to ship in bulk out there and have one person distribute it would be helpful. If not, if you pay the shipping I will ship where ever.

So for 5 sets to Germany if paid directly it would be:

3.75 x 5 = $18.75
.75 x 5 = $3.75
shipping = $16.95

Total: $39.45 for 5 sets (625 o-rings)

Offline dirge

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 10:03:09 »
2 sets to the uk please.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline fstop

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 12:00:29 »
In for two sets :)
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 12:20:19 »
in for 3 sets

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline snowboarder3

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 12:35:03 »
count me in for two sets

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 12:35:25 »
pm'd for 2 sets.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 13:12:37 »
Pm'ed.

Offline piken

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 13:31:57 »
Updated interest in GB.

If you made mention of wanting into the group buy, please send the requested information in a PM. Questions as always are welcome in the thread here.

Offline sordna

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 14:20:24 »
Quote from: piken;521759

They are 5mm x 1.5mm NB40 o-rings. These are the pink color o-rings sold at WASD for $17.99 us + shipping.

I think what you wrote is misleading, these are not the same o-rings sold at WASD. The WASD ones are a different material, and they are closer to 1.6mm instead of 1.5mm. Can you please update the OP?  I don't think you should even mention the WASD ones, since this is an o-ring that is different in at least 2 respects.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 14:39:26 »
Two sets for me!

May order more if friends want in. :)
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 14:49:38 »
Oh another O-ring group buy? I'm organizing one too, and I'm suppose to get the last shipment in today. Do you want to merge ours together and you take over my group buy also? I didn't realize being an organizer of a GB takes so long. And besides, it looks like you can source them for cheaper than my source here in the US.

And btw, sordna is right, these are not identical to the ones on WASDkeyboard, although they're similar. The ones on WASDkeyboard size is in US inches, so they're a little thicker than the metric sizes on here. And also NB40 is made of nitrile rubber, a little cheaper in cost than WASD's EPDM. Although material shouldn't matter in keyboard application.

Offline piken

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:09:11 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;522099
Oh another O-ring group buy? I'm organizing one too, and I'm suppose to get the last shipment in today. Do you want to merge ours together and you take over my group buy also? I didn't realize being an organizer of a GB takes so long. And besides, it looks like you can source them for cheaper than my source here in the US.

And btw, sordna is right, these are not identical to the ones on WASDkeyboard, although they're similar. The ones on WASDkeyboard size is in US inches, so they're a little thicker than the metric sizes on here. And also NB40 is made of nitrile rubber, a little cheaper in cost than WASD's EPDM. Although material shouldn't matter in keyboard application.

I will PM you about your buy.

NB40 is for all 40a nitrile based o-rings. These are the HNBR based version which is of a higher quality then EPDM. If I can get the order in before they run out of stock of them as they are normally a lot more in price they will be at that. If not, they have sourced for me the EPDM version for 4/100 of a cent more.

Sordna, the o-rings from WASD are not actually 1.6mm they are a -009 o-ring which is 1.53mm +-.08. They can be anywhere from 1.45mm to 1.61mm. This is a normal thing for rubber o-rings.

I will be talking with their office further today to determine the dating of the purchase to determine if I will be able to get the higher quality HNBR material (its wear rating is beyond that of EPDM so they will last longer), if I can't get the order together before then, they will be the EPDM variety as NBR (missing the H), will wear too fast to make it through the life of a keyboard.

Offline piken

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:26:20 »
Just finished talking with the supplier. The company that they over produced for decided to purchase the rest of the HNBR o-rings so we will be doing the EPDM. Good news is, I have gotten them to eat most of the extra and provide the EPDM at the same at $0.034 per o-ring along with reducing the order charge allowing them to still come out to the same $4.50 ($4.25 + $0.25 per set shipping from company instead of $3.75 + $0.75 per set).

Updating OP now.

Offline sordna

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:27:55 »
Quote from: piken;522114
Sordna, the o-rings from WASD are not actually 1.6mm they are a -009 o-ring which is 1.53mm +-.08. They can be anywhere from 1.45mm to 1.61mm. This is a normal thing for rubber o-rings.

No. WASD's o-rings are 008 (4.75mm in diameter, 1.6mm in thickness). You got it wrong about the 009 too, that one is 1.8mm thickness and have way too large diameter to stick on a keycap so they would be completely unsuitable.

In any case, please update your OP, you should not say "these are the WASD o-rings" when yours are different material, different diameter, and different thickness.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline silat

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:31:40 »
So are these the WASD rings or not? That makes a difference to me.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline piken

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:36:12 »
Quote from: sordna;522132
No. WASD's o-rings are 008 (4.75mm in diameter, 1.6mm in thickness). You got it wrong about the 009 too, that one is 1.8mm thickness and have way too large diameter to stick on a keycap so they would be completely unsuitable.

In any case, please update your OP, you should not say "these are the WASD o-rings" when yours are different material, different diameter, and different thickness.

I have updated the post, but you need to look over the sizing a bit more. 008 and 009 are the same cs material size based on the ASE standard 1.53+-.08 while the ID is different. 4.73+-.13 for 009 vs 4.47+-.13 for 008.

The size of the WASD o-rings are 009 as I sent off one of my o-rings the to company in order to work out the order. They are the ones that correctly sized the o-rings based off of a sample o-ring from my previous order from WASD.

Offline piken

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:37:34 »
Quote from: silat;522134
So are these the WASD rings or not? That makes a difference to me.

The o-rings will be the same size and material as the WASD o-rings as they have already received a contract on the remaining of the higher quality material.

Info in OP was updated.

Offline sordna

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:44:26 »
I think you are right about 008 and 009 having the same thickness, however both of these are visibly thicker than 1.5mm. Also, WASD's o-rings are 008 for sure. Look at a pic I took comparing WASD, mcmaster carr 008's, and oringsusa.com 008's:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 41371[/ATTACH]

In any case, the o-rings you are getting for this group buy seem great, I'm thinking of actually participating (not sure yet), but in any case I just thought it will be better to avoid unnecessary confusion between yours and WASD's.

Offline sordna

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 15:47:08 »
Quote from: piken;522144
The o-rings will be the same size and material as the WASD o-rings as they have already received a contract on the remaining of the higher quality material.

Info in OP was updated.

Hold on, same size you said? So you are you getting 1.5mm metric like the OP says, or AS568 008 o-rings after all? They are close but not quite the same dimensions. I would be interested in trying 1.5mm ones, but not 008 since I have tons of those :-)

EDIT: Here are snippets from sizing charts on 2 different websites, you can see that 009 is 5.3mm diameter, so it wouldn't stick to the keycap stem very well. Not sure what chart you are getting your numbers from.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 41376[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 February 2012, 16:18:59 by sordna »

Offline Ovoxo

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 17:20:52 »
In for 3 sets.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 18:23:52 »
In for 2 sets, PM sent

Offline Bertross

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 20:11:54 »
Put me down for 10 sets, postage to australia.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 February 2012, 21:20:20 by Bertross »
REALFORCE 86UB / FILCO MJ2 87 BROWN PBT WHITE/BLUE

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 20:17:22 »
Quote from: Bertross;522415
i might be interested in over 10 maybe 20 sets. location Australia.

Desperate for Bert to get these

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 20:21:45 »
didn't send a pm. should i send a pm now or wait until you're accepting orders?

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 20:23:09 »
PM sent!  In for 2 sets!

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 21:04:15 »
I'm in for two sets.

Offline Moistened

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 21:21:00 »
PM sent for 2 sets
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2012, 21:04:48 by Moistened »

Offline Bertross

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 21:21:18 »
Quote from: h2oxide;522423
Desperate for Bert to get these

ill go 10 or else it gets crazy, PM me op when your ready for payment.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 February 2012, 22:39:34 by Bertross »

Offline sordna

1.5mm metric vs 008 o-rings
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 23:53:19 »
WhiteFireDragon posted some really great photos in his thread that can illlustrate the difference between 1.5mm metric and the more common 008 o-rings.
What I don't know is why the sizing charts say the 008 (1/16" thick) are 1.78mm thick, but doing the conversion 1/16 * 2.54 gives 1.5875mm.
Any ideas?

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 41447[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2012, 00:27:30 by sordna »

Offline dingo

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 00:32:32 »
PM sent for 10 sets

Offline piken

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 06:29:34 »
The sizing they had listed in the initial quote based on the o-ring I sent them is 5mm x 1.5mm. I have begun the paperwork of finalizing the order based on the 40a o-ring from WASD I provided. The final sizing will be as follows, 4.5mm +- 0.13 x 1.5mm +- 0.08.

This is based on the measurements they took from a sample o-ring I provided. This might not be the official size reported of the WASD o-rings, but they are identical to what I have from them currently and enjoy.

I will hold the order open till March 1st to see how many orders we get, but the current out look is good.

Offline piken

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 06:37:29 »
The minimum for the purchase has been reached. I will close out the order and send payment requests on 03/01/12. This will include the final payment amount along with intl shipping if you are not in the US.

Please make sure you have a verified shipping address associated with the paypal email sent in the PM's to me.

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 07:28:26 »
Okay, if any other Germans are interested, I will take two sets. Tarkoon?
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline piken

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 08:45:37 »
Updated OP, Will ship intl priority(prefered) or standard. The condition of this is I will provide photo verification of packaging and shipping, but will not be held responsible for lost mail due to the postal service.

Offline piken

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 08:46:14 »
I will compile a list of participants and set count later today.

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 14:11:24 »
I'm sorry for the question. I'm confuse about the size. Is it the same thickness as WASD?
Because I just brought the pink 40A from them lately.
Thanks.

Offline piken

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 14:27:33 »
Quote from: quake4mhg;523363
I'm sorry for the question. I'm confuse about the size. Is it the same thickness as WASD?
Because I just brought the pink 40A from them lately.
Thanks.

Sizes can vary by batch. This order is lining up with my previous set from WASD (sent one of for sizing to the manufacturer making these). It appears mine were a little thinner then what others have gotten.

These will be 4.5mm+-0.13 x 1.5mm+-.08

Offline sordna

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 14:34:15 »
I suspect the company measured it a bit off... it's very easy to squeeze a soft o-ring while measuring it and throw the measurement off. Anyway, looks like they are giving you metric 4.5 x 1.5mm o-rings. If you are going metric, 5mm x 1.5mm would be slightly better (easier to put on the keycaps) but functionally the same.

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 15:00:12 »
PM sent for 5 sets.
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline captain

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 15:59:55 »
I'll be in for 3 sets if I can figure out how to PM and copy paste on tapatalk. If you don't hear from me with the right info, please PM me with the format of what data you need.

PS OP: I mean no offense, but please review the meanings of the words "then" and "than". You appear to be transposing them. Common Internet mistake that we need to fight. :-)
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2012, 16:02:18 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 17:15:17 »
If someone in Germany can proxy this, I'd be in for 1 set, too!
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2012, 17:18:59 by rindorbrot »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 17:54:45 »
Quote from: piken;522114

Quote from: piken;522140
I have updated the post, but you need to look over the sizing a bit more. 008 and 009 are the same cs material size based on the ASE standard 1.53+-.08 while the ID is different. 4.73+-.13 for 009 vs 4.47+-.13 for 008.

The size of the WASD o-rings are 009 as I sent off one of my o-rings the to company in order to work out the order. They are the ones that correctly sized the o-rings based off of a sample o-ring from my previous order from WASD.

Quote from: piken;522943
The sizing they had listed in the initial quote based on the o-ring I sent them is 5mm x 1.5mm. I have begun the paperwork of finalizing the order based on the 40a o-ring from WASD I provided. The final sizing will be as follows, 4.5mm +- 0.13 x 1.5mm +- 0.08.

This is based on the measurements they took from a sample o-ring I provided. This might not be the official size reported of the WASD o-rings, but they are identical to what I have from them currently and enjoy.

I just wanted to jump in here and comment about your sizes a bit more. The -009 size you mentioned is wrong, it has a ID of 7/32”, which converts to roughly 5.56mm, much too large for a keycap stem. Based on some charts, it has a actual diameter of 5.28mm, still too large for a keycap stem. The stem has a diameter of about 5.10mm, so the O-ring’s ID needs to be smaller than that. You said the ID of a -009 is 4.73mm, which is just a wrong measurement. Both O-rings sold on WASDkeyboard are not -009, they are -008. As far as the thickness, -009 and -008 are the same though, but the ID makes a huge difference in the fit of these.

Second, I think you’re trying to force the two different measuring systems too much. US standards in inches and metric system are different, although you can do conversions. Sordna posted a pic of all the different O-rings I ordered, and you can see a visible difference in diameters and thickness of a 5mm x 1.50mm metric size Oring vs a -008 (3/16” x 1/16”). So you can’t already claim these O-rings will be identical to the ones on WASD without getting a sample from the company first. The -008 O-rings that I have are already tight enough with a converted size of 4.76mm ID, so if you’re ordering 4.50mm with a tolerance of +-0.13mm, then there is a chance they could even be 4.37mm ID, which might be too tight for these to fit on the stems.

If I were personally running this GB, I would just stay with the tried and true 5mm x 1mm or -008 size. The -009 you mentioned was just a wrong measurement, and 4.5mm ID might be too tight. Although since 40A is pretty soft rubber, it can stretch, but for the ease of installations, I would stick with 5mm ID size.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 19:58:56 »
PM'd for 1 set
I love Elzy

Offline pyro_dragun

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 20:59:03 »
PM'd for 2 sets.

Offline Dejahboi

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 03:23:59 »
PM'd for another 2 sets :)

Offline liquidsteel30

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 23:06:59 »
PM sent for one set :)

Offline m_enanos

• tbb
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 17:28:52 »
PM sent; one set to the Netherlands!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:04:03 »
would like to see whitefiredragon's concerns addresses

Offline omuerte

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:09:25 »
pm'd for 2 sets
Click Clack

Offline bbbbqq

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 20:37:08 »
pm sent for 2 sets, Canada.

Offline kwang2009

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 23:31:24 »
In 4 2.

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:50:26 »
So just to clarify these are the same spec as the WASD 40A O-Rings?

Offline snowboarder3

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 16:07:23 »
Quote from: h2oxide;526399
So just to clarify these are the same spec as the WASD 40A O-Rings?

read the damn thread

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 18:18:24 »
So can the OP reply to WhiteFireDragon?

Offline Bertross

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 19:14:43 »
h2 looks like this is the spec.

They are 4.5mm+-0.13 x 1.5mm+-0.08 EPDM 40a o-rings.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-accessories-2/cherry-mx-rubber-switch-dampeners.html

they seem to be very similar.

Quote from: snowboarder3;527130
read the damn thread

Lol so much rage!
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2012, 19:17:03 by Bertross »

Offline sordna

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 20:33:32 »
The ones offered here are overall slightly smaller (both in diameter as well as in thickness) than the WASD ones.

Offline cix

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 21:49:58 »
PM'd for 5 sets.

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 22:05:23 »
2 sets to Canada

Offline OPTiK

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 22:43:05 »
In for 3 sets! Hopefully all the concerns will be addressed :)

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 06:16:36 »
PM'd for 1 set. Thanks.

Offline Inochi

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 10:23:46 »
PM'ed for 2 sets.

Offline Reds4Lyfe

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 10:39:13 »
In for 1.

Offline devouringone3

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 14:08:11 »
These are *similar of the most popular

"pack A: optimal noise dampening, small key travel reduction $9
40A, 3/16 ID, 5/16 OD, 1/16 W"

in the previous group buy hosted by WhiteFirePhoenix... but cheaper

*0.25mm less inner diameter (4.75 -> 4.5 these) and 0.1mm less thickness (1.6 -> 1.5 these)
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2012, 14:22:09 by devouringone3 »

Offline sordna

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 14:11:54 »
Argh, please don't perpetuate the confusion !
The o-rings offered here are 4.5mm ID, 1.5mm W metric o-rings. The "pack A" you are referring to are approximately 4.75mm ID, 1.6mm thick.

Offline devouringone3

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 14:22:34 »
Quote from: sordna;528310
Argh, please don't perpetuate the confusion !
The o-rings offered here are 4.5mm ID, 1.5mm W metric o-rings. The "pack A" you are referring to are approximately 4.75mm ID, 1.6mm thick.

Sorry, I "fixed" my *post.

"4.5±0.13mm x 1.5±0.08mm" would become 4.63 and 1.58, which is very similar, but could also diverge even more if "-" sign applies for the least.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2012, 14:24:43 by devouringone3 »

Offline sordna

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 14:50:38 »
I just measured my 008 o-rirgs with my vernier caliper and got 1.8mm thick. Perhaps the sizing charts ARE right, compared to converting by 1/16 * 2.54 which yields 1.6mm.
See this post ... the photo will also show you a visual, just compare pack X or H (1.5mm) to pack A or B (1/16").

In any case, the o-rings offered here will work better for genuine Cherry short-stem keycaps than the usual 008 o-rings for folks that want minimal key travel reduction.

Offline Bertross

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 18:37:52 »
Quote from: Bertross;522415
Put me down for 4 sets, postage to australia.

PM coming. Edited to 4 sets.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:41:08 by Bertross »

Offline blert

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:50:09 »
I'm in for two sets.

Offline gladiusgg

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 23:28:51 »
interested to get 3 sets

Offline JSchool

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 03:55:13 »
I'll take 2, PM sent.

Offline kikkobots

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 17:11:26 »
are we going to get a list of confirmed buyers?

Offline f4d3

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 17:16:34 »
A list and quantity ordered would be nice. It would also be nice to see if our orders got sent to you.

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 18:09:45 »
I already sent in a pm but 2 sets for me

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)

Offline CaiSter21

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 19:35:04 »
OP hasn't been here since 2/23.... wonder what happened...

Offline regca

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 21:18:54 »
he signed on today it's all good

pm set! 2 sets yayy

Offline nowincolor

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 22:31:30 »
In for 2 sets!

Offline gladiusgg

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 09:43:28 »
ts has yet to reply to my pm. dont know if hes still around...

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 19:32:11 »
Quote from: gladiusgg;530743
ts has yet to reply to my pm. dont know if hes still around...

yeah same here, im in for one set
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 29 February 2012, 22:45:32 »
In for 4 sets
PM sent

Offline bobola

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 00:15:48 »
PMed for one

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 01:03:24 »
Previously PMed for 5 sets.
Russ

Offline piken

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 06:49:24 »
Issues at work and orders still rolling in this morning have extended the purchase close data to 03/07. Will update in the next few days.

Offline Machupo

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 11:31:30 »
in for one :)
KBC Poker Blue (Soon to be Clear)

Offline CaiSter21

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 12:20:44 »
Quote from: piken;531872
Issues at work and orders still rolling in this morning have extended the purchase close data to 03/07. Will update in the next few days.

at such a cheap price, you would have to be a fool not to buy them

Offline FlipBack

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 17:35:02 »
PMed for 1 set.

Offline Bertross

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 04:15:21 »
Cancelling my 4 sets as im going to bundle my order with another Aussie in this groupbuy to save postage and hassle. Cheers. PM coming to confirm to the cancellation. The number will be the same but added to another member.

Offline Denonic

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 18:56:54 »
Order PM'd.

Offline Anyguy4321

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 21:09:42 »
Order PM'ed.  In for 2.

Offline nick_knife

« Reply #100 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 22:23:03 »
interested in 2 sets to germany. pm sent.

Offline Ikickcows

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 04 March 2012, 16:12:32 »
in for 1 set

Offline Zerius

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 04 March 2012, 18:29:34 »
In for 1 set 40A to Canada

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 04 March 2012, 20:55:12 »
PM'd an update to my order earlier.

Now in for 6 sets.

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 02:35:12 »
Quote from: Bertross;533803
Cancelling my 4 sets as im going to bundle my order with another Aussie in this groupbuy to save postage and hassle. Cheers. PM coming to confirm to the cancellation. The number will be the same but added to another member.

Is that the Perth guy that I'll be sourcing them from?

Offline Quagaar

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 14:17:29 »
PM sent for one set

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 16:03:42 »
pm'ed for 1 set
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline modus

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 20:33:04 »
incoming pm for one set
CMStorm Quickfire Billboard
[/color]

Offline Heza

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 22:51:28 »
I'm interested in a set to Germany, if the shipping can be arranged cheaply. Sent you a PM.
I looked up the shipping for 1 set of o-rings at wasdkeyboard: First-Class Mail International Parcel $3.78
Maybe that's an option. Or is there somebody acting as a proxy in Germany?

Offline Bertross

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 05:29:35 »
Quote from: h2oxide;536696
Is that the Perth guy that I'll be sourcing them from?

yeah the dude on OCAU. Dingostolemyghz

Offline captain

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 05:44:32 »
Quote from: kikkobots;529758
are we going to get a list of confirmed buyers?

Good question. I thought that I was in for some, but now I can't find my post or PM.
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline Typhaeon

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 12:38:45 »
Sent a PM to try to slip in under the wire.

Offline piken

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 13:29:55 »
Orders are now closed. I am compiling the full list for updating this post and sending paypal requests.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 13:59:54 »
i think i sent a cancellation pm at some point, but i'd actually be perfectly happy to just change the order to 1 set instead. just send me an invoice with everyone else's if you see this. otherwise, not a problem.

Offline sordna

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 14:17:23 »
Quote from: mkawa;538014
i think i sent a cancellation pm at some point, but i'd actually be perfectly happy to just change the order to 1 set instead. just send me an invoice with everyone else's if you see this. otherwise, not a problem.

Do you prefer to cancel your order altogether? If you do, I could take your order, it was for 3 sets, right?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 14:20:52 »
that works too. up to you piken

Offline sordna

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 14:29:22 »
PM sent to Piken so he can invoice me instead of you :-)

Offline kwang2009

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 08 March 2012, 18:39:34 »
Quote from: tp4tissue;539540
so.. what's going on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are all waiting on a paypal invoice.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 08 March 2012, 20:54:07 »
Quote from: kwang2009;539583
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are all waiting on a paypal invoice.

The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline liquidsteel30

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 08 March 2012, 22:48:32 »
That's what I am doing, at least...

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 00:11:50 »
Didn't notice this until now, if anyone has an extra couple sets they want to sell off let me know or if piken has extras I'll buy some.

Offline wilsongunawan

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 05:33:38 »
i wonder why i don't get the invoice?
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 09:28:47 »
Quote from: wilsongunawan;539964
i wonder why i don't get the invoice?

I'd imagine there are Lots of people.

Offline modus

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 06:23:22 »
I'm wondering if this is still on as I have also yet to see an invoice.
[/color]

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 10:09:56 »
Quote from: modus;540961
I'm wondering if this is still on as I have also yet to see an invoice.

Whatever faith I have left after jesus has been called to stand.

Offline wilsongunawan

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 10:22:36 »
still no invoice.. 3 set for me..
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M

Offline pyro_dragun

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 14:20:05 »
I'm also still waiting for an invoice, I had 2 sets on order.

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 15:01:33 »
with the OP MIA so often. Who is actually going to feel comfortable paying the invoice if they get it?

Offline CaiSter21

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 19:35:25 »
i hear yah, hes rarely here and he doesnt have any feedback..

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 19:49:41 »
Quote from: Ahlitah;541373
with the OP MIA so often. Who is actually going to feel comfortable paying the invoice if they get it?

Atleast the price on the goods isn't very high, otherwise i'd feel a bit uncomfortable.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 20:20:56 »
Quote from: thegunner100;541758
Atleast the price on the goods isn't very high, otherwise i'd feel a bit uncomfortable.

it'd be pretty hard to steal 10 bux from so many people via paypal. i mean if he gets 100s of disputes.. that's police worthy

Offline captain

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 01:24:20 »
I wanted three sets.  I haven't heard a peep from piken.  :-(   I hope my grammar lesson didn't piss him off and cause him to shun me.  :-P
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2012, 01:26:55 by captain »

Offline CaiSter21

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 03:02:02 »
thats cus he is mia.
if he doesn't respond in a week's time, i doubt this GB will happen.

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 08:07:55 »
Didn't even take the money before he ran.  Clearly doing it wrong.

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 21:55:35 »
Quote from: ryan92084;543217
Didn't even take the money before he ran.  Clearly doing it wrong.

He could be a serial killer, who's trademark is killing people who love keyboards; because it is his belief that the death of his recent wife and wives of previous lives were caused by malicious keyboard enthusiasts. :(

Now that he has our address and email verification. He's on a truck and primed at the trigger. Due to the fact that he's also a schizophrenic, the delusions of oppression and various misplaced emotions compels him towards blood; day gone by, surely we've lost a few good geek-hackers by now..

Yup,, i'm convinced, that's totally what's goin down...

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 22:24:27 »
For those that are worrying, I don't believe OP is out to scam anyone or screw you over, but rather the lack of responsibility of being a GB organizer, and very poorly organized. A list confirmed users and invoices were suppose to be sent out almost a week ago, yet he hasn't even said anything in this thread. It looks like he does log in (today at least) but just doesn't care enough to post updates. Has anyone gotten invoices or a PM response? At least he didn't collect all money, THEN go MIA.

If you're desperate for some O-rings, then order some 50A from mcmaster. WASDkeyboard also has 40A and 50A O-rings. I also have some leftovers from my round1 GB. All these options are available now, they cost more than the O-rings in this GB but it's more reassurance than wondering if this GB will ever go through, and if it does, how many months it'll take to actually receive the stuff.

piken, I suggest you let us know what's going on, if this will actually go through or not, or what's up with these delays. Otherwise just close this thread so you don't string people along.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 22:35:39 »
I only ordered 1 set, but I cancelled. Meh.
I love Elzy

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 22:46:43 »
Quote from: ripster;544070
At least I learned something.  I've been looking for longer wearing O-rings for my espresso machine.

Here I am pouring the double shots.
(Attachment Link) 43852[/ATTACH] (Attachment Link) 43853[/ATTACH]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270pc-HNBR-A-C-O-Ring-Assortment-Wilmar-W5201-/260772431349?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3cb73f85f5&vxp=mtr

Hmmm..... i didn't think about o-ring wear and tear at all... Given how many rubber bands have died on me, I'm beginning to think O-rings are a stupid and complete waste of money to all together.

ripster, you also over steamed the milk,,

Offline sordna

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 22:55:39 »
WhiteFireDragon, your did a superb job with your assorted o-ring group buy, maybe you can take this one over ???  These 5 x 1.5mm 40A EPDM o-rings have generated a lot of interest, I think it must tally up to more than 100 sets now!

Offline azher

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 23:15:08 »
In the off-chance that someone is taking this round over as sordna said, could I use the opportunity to sneak in the group buy?

Offline captain

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 00:03:15 »
Quote from: ripster;544098
Why, you a Starbucks monkey?

(Attachment Link) 43868[/ATTACH]

You wrote MONKEY;  I should post a picture...  ;-P

Offline FlipBack

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 00:41:07 »
I think he's planning on doing another round of the assorted soon if I'm not mistaken.  I'll probably jump in on that one if this one doesn't get resolved soon.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 02:56:14 »
Quote from: ripster;544098
Why, you a Starbucks monkey?

(Attachment Link) 43868[/ATTACH]

I've never bought anything at starbucks, cuz i don't have 0 friends afk.  I just happen to have the job of making morning coffee because I wake up earliest.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 02:56:52 »
Quote from: FlipBack;544181
I think he's planning on doing another round of the assorted soon if I'm not mistaken.  I'll probably jump in on that one if this one doesn't get resolved soon.

have some faith in OP...no??

Offline nick_knife

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 07:29:18 »
canceled my request. hosting my own group buy now on some german forums.

Offline modus

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 17:06:17 »
cancelling my request as i've ordered my own through mcmaster
[/color]

Offline Heza

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 01:31:00 »
Cancelled, joining the group buy in Germany instead.

Offline captain

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 04:16:09 »
One WEEK to compile a list and sent paypal invoices?  Maybe he doesn't have a keyboard, and is using a stick to tap out USB signals?

Offline captain

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 04:25:29 »
HNBR has recently been developed to meet higher temperatures than standard NBR while retaining resistance to petroleum based oils. Obtained by hydrogenating the nitrile copolymer, HNBR fills the gap left between NBR, EPDM and FKM elastomers where high temperature conditions require high tensile strength while maintaining excellent resistance to motor oils, sour gas, amine/oil mixtures, oxidized fuels, and lubricating oils. HNBR is resistant to mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, animal and vegetable fats, diesel fuel, ozone, sour gas, dilute acids and bases. HNBR also resists new bio-oils (biological oils). HNBR is suitable for high dynamic loads and has a good abrasion resistance. HNBR is suitable for temperatures from -30°C to +150°C (-20°F to +302°F).

The carboxyl group is added to significantly improve the abrasion resistance of NBR while retaining excellent oil and solvent resistance. XNBR compounds provide high tensile strength and good physical properties at high temperatures. XNBR is suitable for temperatures from -30°C to +150°C (-20°F to +302°F).

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 21:36:47 »
Quote from: captain;545546
HNBR has recently been developed to meet higher temperatures than standard NBR while retaining resistance to petroleum based oils. Obtained by hydrogenating the nitrile copolymer, HNBR fills the gap left between NBR, EPDM and FKM elastomers where high temperature conditions require high tensile strength while maintaining excellent resistance to motor oils, sour gas, amine/oil mixtures, oxidized fuels, and lubricating oils. HNBR is resistant to mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, animal and vegetable fats, diesel fuel, ozone, sour gas, dilute acids and bases. HNBR also resists new bio-oils (biological oils). HNBR is suitable for high dynamic loads and has a good abrasion resistance. HNBR is suitable for temperatures from -30°C to +150°C (-20°F to +302°F).

The carboxyl group is added to significantly improve the abrasion resistance of NBR while retaining excellent oil and solvent resistance. XNBR compounds provide high tensile strength and good physical properties at high temperatures. XNBR is suitable for temperatures from -30°C to +150°C (-20°F to +302°F).

does it come in 40A though?

Offline captain

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 05:05:07 »
Typical O-ring hardness seems to be around 70A.

I guess this group buy is dead.  Too bad.

Offline piken

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 07:52:43 »
My apologizes. I have been really sick for the past week and a half and in the hospital. I am just getting home and trying to get things cleared up. The Buy is going to be delayed about a week longer due to it.

Sorry for the delay and wait.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 09:33:19 »
Quote from: piken;547729
My apologizes. I have been really sick for the past week and a half and in the hospital. I am just getting home and trying to get things cleared up. The Buy is going to be delayed about a week longer due to it.

's cool. I had faith in you. I hope you're okay now and the bills aren't too high.

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 13:46:07 »
Quote from: captain;547642
Typical O-ring hardness seems to be around 70A.

I guess this group buy is dead.  Too bad.

[video=youtube;xos2MnVxe-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c[/video]

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)

Offline cix

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 12:17:38 »
come gather and rejoice!!!!!

Offline captain

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 14:33:28 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 March 2012, 14:39:29 by captain »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 17:07:37 »
I didnt get an invoice yet =[
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 17:57:31 »
I still don't get this.

The OP is sick and in hospital, I understand that and am sorry for that.

But he LOGGED into GH while there so he could read posts. But couldn't of taken a sec or 2 to post an update that he's sick and has to hold off?

I'm basing this logging in on what GH reports under his user info, that he was ONLINE during the time he's been silent.

Offline xquisit

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 18:15:15 »
Bah, did anyone order extras that I can buy off them?

XD
I\'d rather die like a man than live like a coward - 2pac

Offline silat

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 19:35:18 »
Quote from: piken;547729

Never doubted you for a minute. Hope you are feeling well now that you have had a sponge bath by a hot nurse.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 18:22:44 »
Quote from: Ahlitah;549200
I still don't get this.

The OP is sick and in hospital, I understand that and am sorry for that.

But he LOGGED into GH while there so he could read posts. But couldn't of taken a sec or 2 to post an update that he's sick and has to hold off?

I'm basing this logging in on what GH reports under his user info, that he was ONLINE during the time he's been silent.

Conspiracy theories eh??,, I'm telling you he's a serial killer who's after keyboard geeks.

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 08:09:05 »
Quote from: tp4tissue;550023
Conspiracy theories eh??,, I'm telling you he's a serial killer who's after keyboard geeks.

heh

well i'm not saying the OP is out to 'GET' anyone. Or try to rip anyone off.

I'm just saying he's acting VERY suspiciously!

For sure, this is NOT a way to run a group buy. There needs to be communication. WE GET NONE from the OP. Except minor updates or excuses (being sick in the hospital is a good excuse, bad for the OP though, since being sick is never fun)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 08:20:15 »
Oops.  I thought this a different group buy...

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 09:15:40 »
Quote from: itlnstln;550457
Oops.  I thought this a different group buy...

every time I open this thread...
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 14:06:10 »
Quote from: Ahlitah;550451
heh

well i'm not saying the OP is out to 'GET' anyone. Or try to rip anyone off.

I'm just saying he's acting VERY suspiciously!

For sure, this is NOT a way to run a group buy. There needs to be communication. WE GET NONE from the OP. Except minor updates or excuses (being sick in the hospital is a good excuse, bad for the OP though, since being sick is never fun)

I have faith in OP, despite the current state of dissent.

I am always ready for criminals at my front door though... Got my trusty crossbow, the whole defense process will be silent without waking the neighbors.

Offline captain

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 16:26:51 »
Nvm. I can't read. Pack of one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 March 2012, 16:29:06 by captain »

Offline captain

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 17:52:01 »
I have a call in to a USA manufacturer. 1k-3k o-rings at 20a-40a SOFT!  Will let y'all know what I find out, but from other pricing it looks like around $0.05/ring plus shipping.

Offline sordna

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 18:24:39 »
Nice! They are probably silicone at that softness, right? Would they be the usual rust/ceramic color, or something else?

Offline captain

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 06:10:04 »
We are talking about silicone or possibly using neoprene. I think that we can get to 30a.

I got a set of silicone 70a last week. I think that all this noise about super soft is fallacious supposition. The 70a plus new keycaps cut noise and seems to have reduced key travel a bit. I played with a keycapless switch though and noticed that it bottoms out at what appears to be less travel than the distance from the keycap to the switch housing. So, I question whether the orings do anything more than add mass and dampen vibration. I think we need some KEYBOARD SCIENCE here!  :-)

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:25:54 »
I thought it works like this:
cherry keyswitch will usually bottom out when either the keystem reaches it's lowest pint in the keyswitch. If you add an O-ring, you can reduce that travel, by raising the point of lowest travel to where the keycap+oring contact the top of the keyswitch housing.

Now, I don't have orings, so I can't tell you for sure, but that's how I thought it worked. Maybe we should wait for Sordna, he's pretty knowledgeable about these things.

Captain, what about thickness? How thick are your orings?

Offline sordna

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 10:22:13 »
I use 008 size o-rings (which are about 1.8mm thick), but metric 1.5mm x 5mm work too and reduce key travel less. The softer the o-ring, the better the sound and vibration dampening. You can still hear a thud with 70A when bottoming out, but when you use 40A it's almost silent.
The softest I have are 30A silicone ones from WhiteFireDragon. Why would you use neoprene instead of silicone ?

Keys normally bottom out when the stem reaches bottom inside the switch. The o-rings prevent that by making the keycap stop against the switch housing, but they have to be at least 1mm thick, otherwise the stem will bottom out before the keycap gets involved, since there is normally some free space between switch top and keycap at the bottom out position.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 17:44:52 »
Quote from: sordna;551442
I use 008 size o-rings (which are about 1.8mm thick), but metric 1.5mm x 5mm work too and reduce key travel less. The softer the o-ring, the better the sound and vibration dampening. You can still hear a thud with 70A when bottoming out, but when you use 40A it's almost silent.
The softest I have are 30A silicone ones from WhiteFireDragon. Why would you use neoprene instead of silicone ?

Keys normally bottom out when the stem reaches bottom inside the switch. The o-rings prevent that by making the keycap stop against the switch housing, but they have to be at least 1mm thick, otherwise the stem will bottom out before the keycap gets involved, since there is normally some free space between switch top and keycap at the bottom out position.

Try my ghetto rings made from old membrane keyboards. they're silicone rubber, and only slightly tougher than rubberband, so it's pretty much 30-35 A,, The bottom out noise will always be there, but has thus become a barely inaudible dull thud. The loudest part of my board now is the Blue's natural click.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 17:47:58 »
Quote from: captain;551308
We are talking about silicone or possibly using neoprene. I think that we can get to 30a.

I got a set of silicone 70a last week. I think that all this noise about super soft is fallacious supposition. The 70a plus new keycaps cut noise and seems to have reduced key travel a bit. I played with a keycapless switch though and noticed that it bottoms out at what appears to be less travel than the distance from the keycap to the switch housing. So, I question whether the orings do anything more than add mass and dampen vibration. I think we need some KEYBOARD SCIENCE here!  :-)

Here's the problem with silicone though,, Soft, but also only has Half the Tensile strength of EPDM

My ghetto rings are made from old membrane keyboards, and they more easily tear compared to epdm gaskets around the house

Offline sordna

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 19:09:42 »
Your ghetto rings may actually be 20A durometer! Not to mention that the finish makes a big difference in durability, a smooth round o-ring will be way more tear resistent than a cut-off piece with jagged edges.

I have 40A and 30A silicon rings, they are quite resilient... I've stretched them and chewed them as a test! Way better than dental bands or other soft stuff. My question to captain is to specifically to compare neoprene vs silicone for o-rings of the same durometer.

Offline captain

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 19:22:51 »
I got 70a 008 silicone o-rings in red, 100 pack from amazon for about $10.

I don't have a decent recording studio set up at the moment, so audio won't be very good.  I may do a sample anyway.

I didn't o-ring the number row, and I clearly hear a difference. I'll o-ring 2,4, and 8, and see how it sounds.

Well, okay, definite change. Maybe rubber band soft 30a would soften the landings.  I'd like to try.

I just proposed neoprene because it's cheap and soft.

PS: education time!  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2012, 19:27:44 by captain »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 00:49:26 »
Quote from: captain;551840
I got 70a 008 silicone o-rings in red, 100 pack from amazon for about $10.

I don't have a decent recording studio set up at the moment, so audio won't be very good.  I may do a sample anyway.

I didn't o-ring the number row, and I clearly hear a difference. I'll o-ring 2,4, and 8, and see how it sounds.

Well, okay, definite change. Maybe rubber band soft 30a would soften the landings.  I'd like to try.

I just proposed neoprene because it's cheap and soft.

PS: education time!  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer

$10 ??? you may as well just pay the $17 for the true/tested 40A wasd rings.

Offline captain

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 11:18:22 »
$17, plus $3 for the softer ones, plus $? Shipping = close to three times the cost.

Offline sordna

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 18:14:48 »
Quote from: captain;552504
$17, plus $3 for the softer ones, plus $? Shipping = close to three times the cost.

No, they are $17 + shipping. The 50As are $14, the 40As are $17 as the previous poster correctly stated. Shiping is $1.95, so the total is $19.95
which is under double the price, not triple the price for the softer 40A rings. IMO, for a product that will easily last you you 5-10 years, paying $20 instead of $10 for a much better and properly soft o-rings is a no-brainer.

Offline captain

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 00:57:16 »
Ah. Ok. Mea culpa; I added $3 twice.

It's asinine of wads to not just give the correct price.  I heard shipping was much more, but didn't verify. If it were such an incredible deal,do you think this thread would be here?  ;-)

Offline sordna

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 01:23:50 »
Agreed, it's not a great deal, but definitely worth it, especially for folks that don't want to spend the time evaluating the myriad size/material/durometer options out there.
I've bought o-rings lots of times, but most of the time I buy from WASD because I know exactly what to expect and get the shipment within a couple of days of my order. It's a great service WASD provides to the community with their options, accessories and parts, that deserves be supported!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 01:31:17 »
can we have a mod close this thread? this guy shouldn't be allowed to take money.

Offline sordna

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 01:36:16 »
I doubt he has taken any money, everyone complained they didn't even get an invoice. It's not a scam, I just think it turned out to be more than he could handle, especially with health issues and all. I do think we deserve better communication though, anyway, WhiteFireDragon has passed the fire test of a successful group buy, so I would suggest to Piken to make a decision and either complete this group buy, or declare that he cannot, in which case we'll have to wait for WhiteFireDragon's next group buy.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 01:39:11 »
if you can't answer a single question about your product, or send out invoices, you almost certainly can't deliver product. imo for the greater good, people who can't prove pretty definitively that they can deliver product shouldn't be allowed to start or run gbs.

Offline sordna

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 02:00:12 »
I see your point, but on the other hand we have examples like WhiteFireDragon (assorted o-rings) and aggiejy (RGB doubleshots) who ran amazing group buys, and it was their first for both of them. It would be hard for them to prove beforehand that they could do it! Dunno what the answer is, that's a question for the GH moderators.

Offline captain

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 02:10:54 »
So, y'all aren't interested in 20-30a neoprene?

Offline sordna

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 02:20:14 »
I would be interested in neoprene o-rings, how about you give your source to WhiteFireDragon who is already planning to do an o-ring group buy this spring? He delivers !

I'd like Piken to let us know his o-rings source too, since they seem to have excellent pricing.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 02:25:30 »
Quote from: sordna;553281
I see your point, but on the other hand we have examples like WhiteFireDragon (assorted o-rings) and aggiejy (RGB doubleshots) who ran amazing group buys, and it was their first for both of them. It would be hard for them to prove beforehand that they could do it! Dunno what the answer is, that's a question for the GH moderators.
they were responsive and could probably give some kind of proof of identity if asked. this guy's pretty much been MIA since the thread started. we can only be glad he didn't send out invoices first...

that said, he may have a perfectly reasonable excuse, but it behooves him to close the thread and buy asap if that's the case.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 12:51:59 »
Not that I am making excuses, since I don't know this guy or his situation.  But if I had a serious health issue and was in the hospital, some o-ring group buy with a bunch of strangers on the Internet would be the furthest thing from my mind.  Just sayin'.
Russ

Offline f4d3

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 25 March 2012, 11:33:51 »
So I assume this group buy is dead? Time to buy some o-rings from mcmasters.

Offline captain

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 25 March 2012, 12:28:26 »
After playing around with the set I got, I'm no longer interested in orings - the loss of 1mm is very noticable, although I might like to try an insanely soft set (20-30a), just for thorough experimentation.

I just did some web searching and called Ben at http://www.aceseal.com/contact_us.html
Feel free to take up where I left off. He never called back, so maybe find a more reliable company. They are a dime a dozen.

Offline KylJoy

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 19:55:38 »
I'm out.  I ordered from McMasters.

Offline OPTiK

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 22:50:48 »
Quote from: captain;556312
After playing around with the set I got, I'm no longer interested in orings - the loss of 1mm is very noticable, although I might like to try an insanely soft set (20-30a), just for thorough experimentation.

It really depends on your keyboard setup. On my Noppoo with the original caps I was in love with the o-rings (without a palm rest), then when I switched to blank black pbts I started to hate them since I could totally notice the difference in travel distance.. Now I have a palm rest so I actually started liking them again since the angle in which I type is different.