Author Topic: TOO DAMN COLD  (Read 3333 times)

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
TOO DAMN COLD
« on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 06:54:03 »
Whats the temp like where you guys are?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline TomahawkLabs

Re: TOO DAMN COLD
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 08:42:44 »
-5F with wind, it feels like -30f. ****s too cold.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 08:43:49 »
Well below freezing until Thursday.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 08:49:50 »
Those birbs be like, we's gon' eat this shiie all winter, /mine

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 08:59:50 »

Those birbs be like

At first the towhee (who seldom comes around in decent weather) wouldn't tolerate the wren (who is a regular user at all times) but after tiring of the wren's persistence began to allow him around the periphery to scavenge excess.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 09:18:17 »
It's 5-10F lower than even our normal 10 year low, and it's lasting twice as long (southwest).

I'm amazed the orange crop isn't dead.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 09:36:35 »

our normal 10 year low

There was once I remember, I think it was January 1985, when it was much colder for much longer around here, but that was an all-time record-breaker.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 09:42:40 »
Well below freezing until Thursday.

What a beautiful couple of photos. Growing up in a small midwest town. I can HEAR that photo with the street lamp.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 13:39:55 »
Just around freezing right now.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 14:42:54 »
It's -15C right now, -24C with the wind chill.  It was a bit cooler last week.  Took a screenshot of the weather app for posterity.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 15:26:25 »
Was -15°C earlier today. Stockholm, Sweden. -13°C now.
The temperature is all over the place. Was above freezing last week and will be above freezing tomorrow.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 16:32:34 »
It's -15C right now, -24C with the wind chill.  It was a bit cooler last week.  Took a screenshot of the weather app for posterity.
Hahaha holy ****, where in Canada do you live dude?! xD

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 17:18:49 »
Hahaha holy ****, where in Canada do you live dude?! x

Alberta.  This is pretty extreme.  But we had a very mild Nov and Dec, so I guess it kind of balances out.

Extreme Alberta cold expected to shatter more temperature records
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-extreme-cold-winter-1.7082216

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 02:54:26 »
Hahaha holy ****, where in Canada do you live dude?! x

Alberta.  This is pretty extreme.  But we had a very mild Nov and Dec, so I guess it kind of balances out.

Extreme Alberta cold expected to shatter more temperature records
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-extreme-cold-winter-1.7082216
Wow. I've only been to Calgary, Banff and Jasper in Alberta, but I assume you live way further north?

(man, Canadian provinces are absurdly huge xD)

Offline iri

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 04:01:17 »
They live in Devon, AB.

It was -1 yesterday as I cycled to work. Did that in the below freezing temperatures for the first time in 9 years.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 06:48:27 »
Was -15°C earlier today. Stockholm, Sweden. -13°C now.
The temperature is all over the place. Was above freezing last week and will be above freezing tomorrow.

completely unrelated but Sweden definitely in my top 5 places to visit before I die
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 06:49:12 »
it is 8 F today and its not fun to stand outside in in gym pants

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 08:07:33 »
At 8:30 am this morning in East Tennessee it is 3F/-16C in bright sunlight.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 09:14:01 »
now theres a weather warning and a travel ban
idk why its not even snowing where I am rn

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 10:01:42 »
completely unrelated but Sweden definitely in my top 5 places to visit before I die
Why? Sweden is boring AF.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 10:17:51 »
Why? Sweden is boring AF.

cool history and beautiful land, also I want to see the Koenigsegg HQ

Offline HubertThemad

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 10:29:35 »
I was talking with family and saying in December, "Wow, it's an unseasonably warm winter so far!"

Poor choice of words as I'm sitting around about half a meter of snow, -30 celsius windchill, and roads frozen over haha

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 12:25:06 »

[/quote]

Fun fact, the Koenigsegg own the rights and tooling to the unreleased Subaru flat 12 that was being developed for Formula 1. After Subaru abandoned the project he bought it.

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 13:44:05 »
Wow. I've only been to Calgary, Banff and Jasper in Alberta, but I assume you live way further north?
(man, Canadian provinces are absurdly huge xD)

They live in Devon, AB.

Iri figured it out.  It was on the top of the screenshot.  Actually I work in Devon, but live near by.  All part of the greater Edmonton area.  Central Alberta.  Although it didn't really matter.  The jet stream was so far south that pretty much the whole province was covered in arctic air. 

Nice to hear Chyros has made it out here.  If you made it to Banff and Jasper, you've seen the best parts.  I actually have family in Jasper and spent a couple summers working there.  I always have to remind myself that people come from all over the world to see those places and I have them right in my backyard.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 15:53:30 »
Nice to hear Chyros has made it out here.  If you made it to Banff and Jasper, you've seen the best parts.  I actually have family in Jasper and spent a couple summers working there.  I always have to remind myself that people come from all over the world to see those places and I have them right in my backyard.
Banff and Jasper were great, it was just starting to snow and I saw an elk stag standing in the snow playing with his babies. Quite happy with that picture ^^ .

BC was also great though, that's probably the most we've seen in Canada. We went all the way to a super remote nothing called Bella Coola where we saw a grizzly bear family from very close by. And then Vancouver Island plus some extras, etc. Really gorgeous trip all in all, we loved Canada ^^ . Exceptionally nice people as well!

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 07:59:43 »

Fun fact, the Koenigsegg own the rights and tooling to the unreleased Subaru flat 12 that was being developed for Formula 1. After Subaru abandoned the project he bought it.
[/quote]

huh interesting

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 09:37:54 »
Woo-Hoo!

It is above freezing for the first time since Sunday afternoon!

edit - that only lasted mere hours, it looks like we won't thaw again until next Monday afternoon
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 January 2024, 10:09:00 by fohat.digs »

Offline LavenderB

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 12:55:49 »
It's currently cold enough to make going outside unpleasant, yet not cold enough to have decent amounts of snow. Everything is gray and depressing.
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 06:12:07 »
Whats the temp like where you guys are?

-1 C :D

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 06:39:51 »
It's currently cold enough to make going outside unpleasant, yet not cold enough to have decent amounts of snow. Everything is gray and depressing.

it was mask-on hood-up goggle-wearing snowy with wind blowing it In ur face over the weekend, then on Monday when i have to go to school it decides to stop  :rolleyes:

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 22:25:51 »
Now it too damn hot

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 22:38:45 »
Now it too damn hot

It's been this weird wave.  Not to be negative but, you know how a flame flickers and then blows out.  That's what the climate feels like right now.  It's like, bro check your score, this is about it.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 08:03:22 »
Now it too damn hot
for real but then its supposed to go back down the rest of the week like WTF  :))

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 09:11:22 »
I would love to plant my garden soon, but feel that there is still a big freeze somewhere down the pike.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 09:19:12 »
I would love to plant my garden soon, but feel that there is still a big freeze somewhere down the pike.

Been reading up on dat garden magazine.

Growing out the soil cover now with clovers, and seedlings sprouts out in pots. When the time comes they should be taller than the clovers , so they can go straight down.

The soil cover maintains mycelium condition and soil temp

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 00:45:29 »
Now it too damn cold again with strong winds

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 10:22:13 »
warm here again 61 F right now