Author Topic: Hello/Hola/Konnichiwa!  (Read 2444 times)

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
Hello/Hola/Konnichiwa!
« on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 15:57:39 »
Hello Geekhack!

My name is LXXXIX (89) a.k.a. axz on QuakeLive and Final Fantasy XIV. It's about time I did a formal intro.  :p I've been into mechanical keyboards for a little over a year now. which I've started with a Tt eSports Poseidon Z with MX Brown switches, then a Poker II with MX Blacks, and I'm currently in love with my KÛL ES-87 with MX Reds. I still own my Poker and my KÛL , but have sold my Poseidon to a friend.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you all, and possibly doing some business too! :cool:

I'm into a couple of other things such as; anime, hip-hop, japanese hip-hop, drum and bass, fitness, and my beautiful wife and kids.  :D

You should be seeing a keycap design coming soon on the IC forums from me and I look forward to hearing some honest constructive criticism.

Anyways, I hope to hear from you all soon!  :thumb:

Peace!
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:01:04 by LXXXIX »

Offline billputer

• hi
Re: Hello/Hola/Konnichiwa!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 18:24:54 »
Welcome! With those interests, I'm sure you'll fit right in.  :D
CM Storm QFR-i | Matias Ergo Pro (pre-ordered) | M$FT Natural Ergonomic 4000

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:11:57 »
Yeah I've been lurking here for a while now and I finally decided it was time to integrate.  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 02:31:59 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Do you design keycaps, or are you actually going to make them?

If the latter, there are a lot of very talented keycap makers around here who can give you a lot of great advice!  And a suggestion: keep the first few that you make.  They may not turn out very well, but if your design really catches on, these will become sought-after prototypes!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:37:39 »
I meant a keyset sorry. I wish I had the equipment and time to make my own artisan.  :'(

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:45:20 »
Hello Geekhack!

My name is LXXXIX (89) a.k.a. axz on QuakeLive and Final Fantasy XIV. It's about time I did a formal intro.  :p I've been into mechanical keyboards for a little over a year now. which I've started with a Tt eSports Poseidon Z with MX Brown switches, then a Poker II with MX Blacks, and I'm currently in love with my KÛL ES-87 with MX Reds. I still own my Poker and my KÛL , but have sold my Poseidon to a friend.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you all, and possibly doing some business too! :cool:

I'm into a couple of other things such as; anime, hip-hop, japanese hip-hop, drum and bass, fitness, and my beautiful wife and kids.  :D

You should be seeing a keycap design coming soon on the IC forums from me and I look forward to hearing some honest constructive criticism.

Peace!

What does jhiphop sound like?  Any recommendations? 

Hi :)

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:13:52 »
m-flo is more jpop these days, but their old stuff has some good hip-hop influence. They are good for people wetting their feet.

Buddha Brand is that classic undeniable 90's sound. Lot's of funk influence. Really fun dope band.

Gagle is literally my favorite band. I've been following them for about 10 years now. They have an almost "true" hip-hop sound, and many of their tracks sound organic. This is the song that made me look into jhop and really appreciate it more.

Nujabes is truly inspirational. Very chill and spiritual. He's a producer who has worked with a couple of emcees worldwide. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago in a car accident. I cried the day I found out he passed away. He did many tracks for Samurai Champloo if your into anime it's worth watching too. I miss him. R.I.P. Jun Seba.

Shing02 is bilingual and really awesome. He's done songs with Nujabes as well. I believe he travels back and forth from LA and Japan. Really genuine guy.

ZEN-LA-ROCK is goofy and has a really unique voice. Most of his videos are funny and does remix contests often. Lately I've been listening to him a lot.

Grooveman Spot is a DJ and producer. He's also worked with a wide array of emcees from around the globe. He's also from the same label as Gagle which is called Jazzy Sport.

BASI is that really cool, dope, and quiet kid you know. I really like his flow and style. He has several other songs that are more easy and simple to listen to.

KOHH is from the Japanese projects. If trap is something that might interest you than this kid is right up your ally. VICE Japan did a special on him that's worth watching. The video does have subs you just have to enable them. I enjoyed it.

So that's most of who I listen to. Keep in mind jhop is really really small compared to here in the states. Japanese hip-hop is like non-existent to the general Japanese populace, because rock and pop dominate the scene.

I hope you give them all a shot, and I hope to hear your thoughts on some of them. Enjoy! :thumb:

Peace!

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 21:17:54 »
Hello Geekhack!

Peace!

What does jhiphop sound like?  Any recommendations?

I never got anything back. What's up?  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 21:34:18 »
m-flo is more jpop these days, but their old stuff has some good hip-hop influence. They are good for people wetting their feet.

Buddha Brand is that classic undeniable 90's sound. Lot's of funk influence. Really fun dope band.

Gagle is literally my favorite band. I've been following them for about 10 years now. They have an almost "true" hip-hop sound, and many of their tracks sound organic. This is the song that made me look into jhop and really appreciate it more.

Nujabes is truly inspirational. Very chill and spiritual. He's a producer who has worked with a couple of emcees worldwide. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago in a car accident. I cried the day I found out he passed away. He did many tracks for Samurai Champloo if your into anime it's worth watching too. I miss him. R.I.P. Jun Seba.

Shing02 is bilingual and really awesome. He's done songs with Nujabes as well. I believe he travels back and forth from LA and Japan. Really genuine guy.

ZEN-LA-ROCK is goofy and has a really unique voice. Most of his videos are funny and does remix contests often. Lately I've been listening to him a lot.

Grooveman Spot is a DJ and producer. He's also worked with a wide array of emcees from around the globe. He's also from the same label as Gagle which is called Jazzy Sport.

BASI is that really cool, dope, and quiet kid you know. I really like his flow and style. He has several other songs that are more easy and simple to listen to.

KOHH is from the Japanese projects. If trap is something that might interest you than this kid is right up your ally. VICE Japan did a special on him that's worth watching. The video does have subs you just have to enable them. I enjoyed it.

So that's most of who I listen to. Keep in mind jhop is really really small compared to here in the states. Japanese hip-hop is like non-existent to the general Japanese populace, because rock and pop dominate the scene.

I hope you give them all a shot, and I hope to hear your thoughts on some of them. Enjoy! :thumb:

Peace!

I listened to every single one just now.. Good stuff..

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:25:33 »

Peace!

I listened to every single one just now.. Good stuff..

Glad you enjoyed it! :cool: