Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4211734 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #23750 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 19:32:57 »
I hurt my stupid back AGAIN today. This time a man said, "Hello" and I turned slightly and said, "Hello" and my ****ing back went out. That's it.  :blank:

I said 'hello' to a man and my back went out. It's like I'm the focus of some sick joke.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #23751 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 19:56:39 »
I hurt my stupid back AGAIN today. This time a man said, "Hello" and I turned slightly and said, "Hello" and my ****ing back went out. That's it.  :blank:

I said 'hello' to a man and my back went out. It's like I'm the focus of some sick joke.

Hrrrrm...??

Danger 1,  Cholesterol clogging spinal arteries, leading to disk deformity /pathology

Danger 2,  Opiod Medication , casually opening the path to serious addiction.

Soon enuff,  N-Turtle is knocking off scripts for his fix..   Whenever asked, how much pain are you in, it's always a 9..

Then one day, the scripts fail, they put him on THE LIST...

No where to turn, he asks his weed dealer what else does he got..

At first, Turtle stick with the luxury prescription pills, the roxies and percos..

But soon , the tolerance builds, and it isn't enough..

The dealer hands him a little bag of white..  At wits end, it's cheaper, and he says it's more powerful..

Desperate for a fix, he hands Turtle a piece of foil and a lighter... fumes fill his lungs... Love at first sight..

All the hesitations melt away, the mysteries of the universe puzzles turtle no longer, This was the solution..

He goes home with a pocket full..  Ready for a new life.

-- In part 2,  Keyboard Firesale..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23752 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 20:12:52 »
Well I don't take any drugs, not even aspirin for personal reasons, and the doc says my choleserol is only slightly above normal.

Given that my rapid succession back issues are something new to the last two years, I'm pretty sure it's the sitting behind a computer all day.

I may need to consider putting in a work order for one of those fancy standing desks :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23753 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 20:18:04 »
Well I don't take any drugs, not even aspirin for personal reasons, and the doc says my choleserol is only slightly above normal.

Given that my rapid succession back issues are something new to the last two years, I'm pretty sure it's the sitting behind a computer all day.

I may need to consider putting in a work order for one of those fancy standing desks :(

Of course,  computer chair + labored tired posture  definitely has an influence.

However, you must keep in mind, that the AVERAGE western cholesterol level is 190- 210+

Arteriosclerosis begins at 145+,  they've autopsied children (who died of various causes) with the 150-200 cholesterol ranges and can already begin to see fatty streaks in their arteries..

This is a disease built from youth

What does this mean,   it means that the ENTIRETY of what we consider Average is Above the threshold for pathology.

That is to say, it may be NORMAL to be AVERAGE,   but that doesn't mean you are free from its harms.

In fact most people who have heart attacks like yourself, have average or near average cholesterol..

It is the case that the AVERAGE is abnormal..   and you are indeed WAY TOO HIGH..

What is ideal..  Wellllll, you've seen the Vegeta thread.. hahahahaha

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23754 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 22:19:20 »
Been wanting to get back into the keyboard hobby but can't seem to find that passion that I once had. Bothered that I burnt myself out in the first place.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23755 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 22:22:50 »
Been wanting to get back into the keyboard hobby but can't seem to find that passion that I once had. Bothered that I burnt myself out in the first place.

Friends don't let friends do drugs..

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23756 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 22:30:00 »

I built myself what I dreamt of as the perfect keyboard and now it's been collecting dust for months as I type on a Filco Majestouch. I feel like if I fix up my board it may cause me to relapse. Wondering if I even have the time to come back. I'm another year older with more responsibilities and less time. It just keeps piling on.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #23757 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 22:43:02 »

Well that's a name I haven't seen in a while...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23758 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 23:42:00 »

I built myself what I dreamt of as the perfect keyboard and now it's been collecting dust for months as I type on a Filco Majestouch. I feel like if I fix up my board it may cause me to relapse. Wondering if I even have the time to come back. I'm another year older with more responsibilities and less time. It just keeps piling on.

Dude.. Haz u hurd.. about 100% veggies @ 10% fats ? 

Offline iri

« Reply #23759 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 04:06:43 »
I'm pretty sure it's the sitting behind a computer all day.

Consider going to a gym or swimming pool. And stretching. Stretching is the most important.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #23760 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 08:34:41 »
Nothing is as exciting as it was in the first place, you just got to find something in keyboards that is new to you.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23761 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 13:47:34 »
Nothing is as exciting as it was in the first place, you just got to find something in keyboards that is new to you.

optical analogue.. !!!

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #23762 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 13:59:59 »

Blast from the past my guy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23763 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 14:16:27 »

Well that's a name I haven't seen in a while...

Yeah it's been quite some time, glad to see you're still around Xondat.

Yeah I know but I just have no more motivation. I went as far as designing and creating a board that was ready for production but never pulled the trigger.

Blast from the past my guy

Hey DudeSnail, nice to see you here.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23764 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 20:03:41 »

All of what you said happens to pretty much all of us.

At least it is a good learning experience to begin with, and then you can apply that knowledge as you go forward.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23765 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 11:08:47 »
Fruit flies laid claim to the keurig's tank. I wouldn't have known about the fruit fly occupation if the k10 mini didn't have an overheating/overflow issue. *shivers*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23766 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 11:11:52 »
Fruit flies laid claim to the keurig's tank. I wouldn't have known about the fruit fly occupation if the k10 mini didn't have an overheating/overflow issue. *shivers*

u realize, u can't ever get the funk out..

It's fruit fly pewp coffee forever now..

Even if you swap out some of the tubing..  Because no surface is fundamentally flawless, it will always contain trace quantities of fruitfly pewp..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23767 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 11:28:35 »

u realize, u can't ever get the funk out..

It's fruit fly pewp coffee forever now..

Even if you swap out some of the tubing..  Because no surface is fundamentally flawless, it will always contain trace quantities of fruitfly pewp..

Haha, the keurig is outside waiting for trash pickup.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #23768 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 12:17:30 »
Im bothered by the fact that I'm supposed to be choosing classes for high school today but I'm sitting at home sick with a nosebleed and can't go to school...

ughhhh

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23769 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 12:59:08 »
Im bothered by the fact that I'm supposed to be choosing classes for high school today but I'm sitting at home sick with a nosebleed and can't go to school...

ughhhh

hahahah..

pick all the computer classes,  that's all you need to know.

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #23770 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 13:06:34 »

ughhhh

hahahah..

My plan exactly hehe, I went for Architecture and Digital Technology and now realise that I'm going to have no friends in those classes.
welp, career before friends.

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23771 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:31:03 »

ughhhh

hahahah..

My plan exactly hehe, I went for Architecture and Digital Technology and now realise that I'm going to have no friends in those classes.

There we go. That's the spirit :)

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #23772 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:37:21 »

ughhhh

hahahah..

There we go. That's the spirit :)

Very hard choice to make, but it's for my own good.   :)

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23773 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 20:04:46 »
Frontier is awful....they claim I didn't pay last months bill (which I have a hard time believing since I always pay my bills usually early) and have a late charge but the now new current bill is still higher than the 2 regular bills plus the late fee.....urghhh I wish I had some other options....

Edit: Oh this is rich....they switched me to paperless billing without notifying me and they don't send out any kind of reminders or anything like that and I just noticed my internet cost has went up for the second time in ~ 3 months.... >:(

Edit 2: I'm honestly not sure if I'm even chatting with a real person or if its a really good bot....  ???

Edit 3: Definitely a bot they asked if I had any other questions and within 10 seconds closed the chat due to inactivity  :-\
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 November 2017, 20:20:44 by SpAmRaY »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23774 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 20:40:21 »
Frontier is awful....they claim I didn't pay last months bill (which I have a hard time believing since I always pay my bills usually early) and have a late charge but the now new current bill is still higher than the 2 regular bills plus the late fee.....urghhh I wish I had some other options....

Edit: Oh this is rich....they switched me to paperless billing without notifying me and they don't send out any kind of reminders or anything like that and I just noticed my internet cost has went up for the second time in ~ 3 months.... >:(

Edit 2: I'm honestly not sure if I'm even chatting with a real person or if its a really good bot....  ???

Edit 3: Definitely a bot they asked if I had any other questions and within 10 seconds closed the chat due to inactivity  :-\

U got get on the Fios...

Yea, it's overpriced.. but at least haz Gigabit.. !!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23775 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 20:42:13 »

U got get on the Fios...

Yea, it's overpriced.. but at least haz Gigabit.. !!
I live 10+ miles from town we just got dsl like a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23776 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 20:45:42 »

How you even google with dsl.. hahaha just kidn'

I'm pretty sure they're lenient on the late refund as long as you're not one of those late all the time customers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23777 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 20:48:34 »

How you even google with dsl.. hahaha just kidn'

I'm pretty sure they're lenient on the late refund as long as you're not one of those late all the time customers.
Yeah they said 2-3 billing cycles I'll get $9 credit but I dunno about extra taxes and the base cost went up $5 for internet.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #23778 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:33:15 »
This one is keyboard related

MIA, #cat

anybody on here relate? this set now has little value without it and last I checked, there is no GMK grab bag.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23779 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:37:45 »

Show Image

MIA, #cat

anybody on here relate? this set now has little value without it and last I checked, there is no GMK grab bag.

you could try contacting sherry @ originative he might have some busted up sets for parts

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #23780 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:48:22 »

Show Image

MIA, #cat

you could try contacting sherry @ originative he might have some busted up sets for parts

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, yeah. I am just trying to think where my cat would have taken it if it was indeed her.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23781 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:52:39 »

Show Image

MIA, #cat

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, yeah. I am just trying to think where my cat would have taken it if it was indeed her.

Mine would have put it under a couch.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23782 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 13:17:26 »
Moon phase unicode refuses to line up with me fancy i3wm bar fonts. I tried to insult unicode's lack of sex appeal. But that didn't work :confused:

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #23783 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:27:39 »
THE CORRUPT DINOSAUR MEDIA, LEFT WING ESTABLISHMENT, DEMOCRATIC PARTY, SAUL ALINSKI, HILLARY CLINTON, GEORGE SOROS, BARACK OBAMA, HARVEY WEINSTEIN, AND CRAPPLE ARE BOTHERING ME.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #23784 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:29:18 »
THE CORRUPT DINOSAUR MEDIA, LEFT WING ESTABLISHMENT, DEMOCRATIC PARTY, SAUL ALINSKI, HILLARY CLINTON, GEORGE SOROS, BARACK OBAMA, HARVEY WEINSTEIN, AND CRAPPLE ARE BOTHERING ME.

WHAT ABOUT ANTIFA???

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23785 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:30:38 »
THEY BOTHER ME TOO.

DON'T FORGET:

BLACK LIVES MATTER
NFL
HOLLYWOOD
CHUCK SCHUMER
JOHN CONYERS
RADICAL FEMINISM
WASHINGTON COMPOST
GOOGLE
AMAZON
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #23786 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:31:10 »
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23787 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:47:05 »
Hello, microsoft windows. We had great times with the html frames and such. I'm glad you're back

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23788 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 20:14:15 »

TRUMP FTW!!

Whoa, talk about a blast from the past.

Offline iri

« Reply #23789 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:25:33 »
THEY BOTHER ME TOO.

DON'T FORGET:

BLACK LIVES MATTER
NFL
HOLLYWOOD
CHUCK SCHUMER
JOHN CONYERS
RADICAL FEMINISM
WASHINGTON COMPOST
GOOGLE
AMAZON
No chance for Facebook?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23790 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 16:00:36 »
GOOD MEMORY - I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE. FACEBOOK, AND ALL THE CENSORSHIP-RIDDEN TECHNOCRATIC ENTITIES BOTHER ME. TIME FOR ANTITRUST TO BREAK THEM UP!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23791 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 14:52:31 »
Spilled one tiny little minuscule drop of mustard sauce on my shirt and now it's all I can smell for the rest of the day

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23792 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 16:30:10 »
 183837-0

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23794 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 17:11:38 »
(Attachment Link)

Hahaha,  it's begun long ago..

Soon..... /Love Skynet..

Yep, an upgrade to the Skynet approved Win 10 Pro is the only solution for the future.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23796 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:36:48 »
(Attachment Link)

Yet another reason to run Linux

Aye. Here's the thing, I have issues working with others via freecad. I've found that Fusion 360 (or having a copy of Windows handy) makes my life easier.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23797 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:38:59 »
LINUX IS AN EXCELLENT CHOICE OF OPERATING SYSTEMS. I PREFER IT SECOND TO WINDOWS 98 AND HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO USE IT.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23798 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 18:58:47 »
LINUX IS AN EXCELLENT CHOICE OF OPERATING SYSTEMS. I PREFER IT SECOND TO WINDOWS 98 AND HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO USE IT.

183851-0

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #23799 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 20:47:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Arch + i3? I approve.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u