Author Topic: What is Gekhak's preferred Soda.. ??  (Read 14745 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What is Gekhak's preferred Soda.. ??
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 23:24:55 »
That's the old style of Jolt cola can. They made it darker in the late '90s I think.
I have both of them on my shelf (of a the remnant of a once larger can collection).

I have also heard of a rip-off called "Volt cola" ...

Yeah there definitely was a rip off called Volt Cola or something along those lines. They sold it (but not real Jolt) at the refreshment shack at my local BMX track back in the day.

I've had Volt Cola, but I can't remember the taste, so I guess it wasn't all that impressive.

Mountain Dew tastes Green.. Tp4 enjoys Green..

Surge tastes green too (if same recipe)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 23:51:57 »
Josta was delicious especially when ice cold, never had a soda that tasted quite like it ever again either.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 20:09:47 »
Show Image

I was just thinking of Jolt.

Used to be bottled in South Australia, then I moved to Victoria and nowhere seems to sell it any more.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 21:58:44 »
Discovered a recipe to make Josta, gonna give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Recipe calls for:
24oz Pepsi (throwback preferred)
1/4 cup Bawls energy drink
3/4 cup Vitamin Water Power C

apparently it both looks and tastes very close to the original Josta  :eek:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 02:59:18 »
Discovered a recipe to make Josta, gonna give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Recipe calls for:

OK; so I got to try this recipe out today. Upon the first sip it genuinely did bring back memories of Josta, but by the time I was halfway into the glass it was clear it wasn't really the same... close though. One thing that this concoction was missing was Josta's trademark syrupy bite, the soda itself was almost viscous, like a bubbly fruity cola cough syrup while still retaining it's effervescence and bite/nip at the edges and tip of your tongue with the sharper fruit undercurrent. I wound up adding a few more teaspoons (1/2 cup total) of the Bawls to reenact that bite.

It would absolutely be better using a more concentrated dragonfruit juice flavor, but dragonfruit seems to have fallen out of popularity as a flavor and Vitamin Water was the only thing I could find.

Overall if you were a fan or want to have some idea of what Josta was like give this a try in a big mug full of ice and you won't be disappointed, but it certainly is not the real thing.

Offline bearz42

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 18:29:45 »
Nobody likes club-mate here?

That's pretty much the only soda that I'll drink anymore. I loathe corn-syrup in any form. I get this filmy coat of sugar on my throat that I can't stand. I've even changed BBQ sauce because of it.

But club-mate, I have yet to find a better soda...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 18:37:03 »

Recipe calls for:

OK; so I got to try this recipe out today. Upon the first sip it genuinely did bring back memories of Josta, but by the time I was halfway into the glass it was clear it wasn't really the same... close though. One thing that this concoction was missing was Josta's trademark syrupy bite, the soda itself was almost viscous, like a bubbly fruity cola cough syrup while still retaining it's effervescence and bite/nip at the edges and tip of your tongue with the sharper fruit undercurrent. I wound up adding a few more teaspoons (1/2 cup total) of the Bawls to reenact that bite.

It would absolutely be better using a more concentrated dragonfruit juice flavor, but dragonfruit seems to have fallen out of popularity as a flavor and Vitamin Water was the only thing I could find.

Overall if you were a fan or want to have some idea of what Josta was like give this a try in a big mug full of ice and you won't be disappointed, but it certainly is not the real thing.

I think you can achieve the bite with citric acid..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 18:48:43 »
Josta has more of a berry flavor, the sharp taste comes from the guarana in the Bawls which was one of the main ingredients in Josta.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 10:24:09 »
Josta has more of a berry flavor, the sharp taste comes from the guarana in the Bawls which was one of the main ingredients in Josta.

Damn I completely forgot about Josta, that **** was tasty.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 10:58:55 »

Damn I completely forgot about Josta, that **** was tasty.

I forgot about Bawls. 13 year olds shouldn't have had access to it

Now that I think about it, at that time, I really liked Peach Ne-His

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 11:11:49 »

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 11:17:24 »
Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack, comrade