Author Topic: Topre Realforce 104UW - Is it beige or white or are there two types of it?  (Read 3357 times)

Offline damipl

Hello everyone,

I was going to buy Topre Realforce 104UW but I am confused - what's the real color of this keyboard? I was going to buy this keyboard from keyboardco.com (because it's in Europe but if you know other European stores with this keyboard I would be more than happy to find some alternative stores):
https://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/usa-topre-realforce-104uw-variable-black-on-beige-keyboard.asp
but it looks very beige there.  On the other hand there is exactly the same model (XF01T0) in elitekeyboards.com:
https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rf104&pid=xf01t0
which looks white.
Even on youtube videos sometimes it looks white and sometimes beige.

White
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=73926.0;attach=106656;image

Beige

On these photos it looks more like the beige one https://imgur.com/a/ToJ90 but the author claims it's "white as snow":
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3fikg5/realforce_45g_vs_55g_a_rambling_comparative/ctp16cn/

So are there two version of this keyboard? Or is it always the same keyboard if so then is it more white or more beige?

Thanks

Offline 00

same version, the keyboardco pic has terrible lighting. it's white.
It's like, dude, you gotta re-evaluate
Your perspective and your priorities, because
You started doing this because it was ****ing fun, you know?
It has to be fun
Otherwise, you're just torturing yourself, you know?
You're... you're just stuck inside your own ****ing head

Offline damipl

great, thanks for the reply! so I'm ordering this one, I have been using the black version (all 30g) for 5 years and I really like it but I still can't get used to these black caps (black labeling on dark gray), the white ones seem to be a lot more readable..

Offline 00

no worries, i didn't know there was a 30g black on black 104u actually. got any pics, or the model number?
It has to be fun

Offline damipl

Unfortunately it's 108UDK with Japanese layout not 104U. At that time I really wanted to have a 30g version and it was the only option (probably still is). I was able to remap these Japansese keys using Autohotkey and even get used to this tiny space bar but these black caps.. look cool but sometimes they are annoying.

It looks like this one - https://www.diatec.co.jp/products/det.php?prod_c=650

Offline 00

oh right, yeah there are the ducky uniform 30g 104us but they're white on black. i think that's it as far as ansi goes for now
It has to be fun

Offline zslane

I own a 104UW and it is off-white, not beige. I also have a 104UK (HiPro) and it is also off-white. In less than super bright lighting they can even look a little bit like a creamy white. But definitely not beige.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
I don't want you have to false expectations but it's definitely not white.

It's more or less inline with IBM Model M colour.  So it's definitely a really light grey or a really light beige (has a tiny tint of it).  It's not as beige as Filco beige, but it's also definitely not white.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline opensecret

• 公开的秘密
I don't want you have to false expectations but it's definitely not white.

It's more or less inline with IBM Model M colour.  So it's definitely a really light grey or a really light beige (has a tiny tint of it).  It's not as beige as Filco beige, but it's also definitely not white.

Agree.  I'd describe my Realforce boards the same way:  grey and light grey.  The light grey could be seen as off-white or as a light beige.  If there are Realforce boards that are really white-white, I haven't seen them.
IBM Model M |Matias Mini Quiet Pro|Plum 84EC-S|RealForce 103U-UW & 87U-UW|Omnikey Ultra T| 2 Omnikey Ultras| WASD V2| Xmit Hall Effect|

Offline zslane

I use the term off-white because beige has more brown in it than you'll find in "white" keyboards today, including Realforce boards. Beige looks more like this:

Hell, even IBM Model F/M keyboards weren't really beige. They were off-white (or light gray) too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Topre Realforce 104UW - Is it beige or white or are there two types of it?
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 11:55:47 »
Beige usually has a little yellow or a little brown..

Off-white could mean anything that's close to white..

Offline Erikdayo

Re: Topre Realforce 104UW - Is it beige or white or are there two types of it?
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 12:37:16 »
It is off white. Pretty sure the R2 I ordered is listed as 'ivory', but it's not yellow or brown-ish ivory. Just off white.