Author Topic: 8 Billion humans sharing 1 small planet  (Read 2391 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
8 Billion humans sharing 1 small planet
« on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 08:32:53 »
UN announced that today the human population reached 8 billion.

They said that we could expect to exceed 20 billion before 2100.

From my perspective, the effort to give my 2 children a secure middle-class existence and education was significant and unrelenting, (although joyful beyond words and something that I do not regret), even with 2 of us working in professional occupations. Recently, I saw a TV interview with an obviously destitute and distraught woman, in some climate-disaster ravaged country, wailing "I had 11 children and 5 of them were killed!"

WTF? In my opinion, it is a horrible and cruel thing, just on its face alone, to bring more children into the world than you are capable of adequately nurturing. What are they thinking?

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: 8 Billion humans sharing 1 small planet
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 08:59:43 »
The main problem is Not how many humans there are.

The problem is animal agriculture.

We have 80 BILLION  food animals.   

75% of all Arable land goes into producing animal feed, to feed 80 BILLION Animals,  which ONLY rich countries eat,  accounting for only ~15% of all calories eaten by humans.

If we STOP animal agriculture, we would free up 75% of all arable land (reforest them).  Forests are a carbon sink.  This solves climate change almost completely.

It has been definitively proven that Humans are biologically HERBIVORES.

video starts at 0:58

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 09:48:50 »
In some less developed rural societies, having kids is how you ensure that you have someone to provide for you when get old. And child mortality rates used to be high, even in the west if you go back only a hundred-fifty years.

The classic explanation for the population boom that I learned in school is that it would be during a period of a country's development, when health care becomes available that you'd see a sharp growth of its population, and that it should level out afterwards.
Hans Rosling used to tout one prediction (based on that theory, I think) that the population would level out at around 10 billion
But does that model really hold any more?

I agree that world meat consumption is already much too high, and we can't afford people everywhere living as in the west. The average westerner even eats a lot more meat, and especially beef, than westerners did only some fifty years ago.
I think that some cuts of meat need to revert to becoming luxury items again. We need a shift to quality over quantity.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 November 2022, 11:36:43 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 10:49:22 »
With the way climate change is going, the human population will be closer to 0 in the year 2050 than 20 billion.

The average american eats ~200lbs of meat a year. that's alot, it's a person and a half.

But the discussion should not be about how much meat a person should eat,  the answer is -0-.

Meat, is highly toxic to the human body. Our digestive tract is too long, as it is designed for eating plants. REAL carnivores have very short guts, so the meat goes in and out quickly.

In humans, meat Putrifies in our gut.  Japan used to be primarily plant based, but after ww2 when American culture hit the island, their Colon and Bowel cancer exploded.

Cholesterol gives us heart attacks. Meat is also our primary exposure pathway for Dioxins, Pcb, mercury, tmao, AGEs, Neu5gc, Heme Iron, Heterocyclic amines. Meat also concentrates pesticides because we're feeding many times the food a human would eat to the cow, our exposure increases by 2x-6x.  Fish is the worst, the ocean is the public sewer and a chemical dumping ground, all of our industrial output ends up in it,  The sea life bio-accumulates these toxins up the food chain from plankton up to larger fish.

We are also megadosing ourselves in animal estrogen by drinking cow's milk and eating beef. Milk gives men moobies.

So if eating meat is ONLY bad for humans,  and it's the primary cause of climate change as it opposes Carbon sinking <forests>  ,  we shouldn't eat it at all.

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 11:13:58 »
dunno about you but im not gonna stop eating meat because of some stupid climate change or something
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 11:50:34 »
Fish is the worst, the ocean is the public sewer and a chemical dumping ground, all of our industrial output ends up in it,  The sea life bio-accumulates these toxins up the food chain from plankton up to larger fish.
We should reduce fish intake for multiple reasons. Too many waters are overfished. And in many cases edible fish gets fished only to provide feed to farmed fish, such as salmon.

meat is ...  the primary cause of climate change as it opposes Carbon sinking <forests>  ,  we shouldn't eat it at all.
Not just a reduction in animal agriculture. Applied methods for agricultural and forestry really need to improve overall, to keep carbon sinks standing and to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases such as nitrous oxide from improper land management.

dunno about you but im not gonna stop eating meat because of some stupid climate change or something
I see in your post history that you are a 15-y/o kid from Poland, which is the country in Europe with the largest amount of climate change denial.
Well, you will all have to grow up and face reality.
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 11:59:51 »

Check out the documentary "The Game Changers 2018" playbox,  every scene is verified and the sources labeled, and are well checked from the highest diet/medicine/sports authorities.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 12:07:08 »
WTF? In my opinion, it is a horrible and cruel thing, just on its face alone, to bring more children into the world than you are capable of adequately nurturing. What are they thinking?
Have you seen the Quiverfull movement?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

Apparently it doesn't matter how many kids, "God will provide".
College? Girls don't need that, and most of the boys stop learning around grade 8, which in my experience was pretty typical in the midwest anyhow.

Not that they hold a candle to some of these guys who have pregnancy fetishes...
There's a bunch of men running around with 30+ kids from multiple women, at least a few have over 50.  Most making minimum wage.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=court+man+with+32+kids
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 12:19:56 »

College? Girls don't need that, and most of the boys stop learning around grade 8, which in my experience was pretty typical in the midwest anyhow.

How prevalent is this,  how does it work when they say stop learning around 8th grade.

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 12:30:17 »

Check out the documentary "The Game Changers 2018" playbox,  every scene is verified and the sources labeled, and are well checked from the highest diet/medicine/sports authorities.

i think i just don't like vegan food, i do eat veggies but i just don't want to stop eating meat i like (yes its controversial but i like meat). the vegan food for me is a bit overadvertised, its not like veggie meals can't taste good, but i won't stop eating meat if ill still be able to. i really hate these "vegan burgers" that i was seeing quite a lot since the start of veganism popularity, vegan food in my opinion should be something different not to try mimicking meat
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 13:21:37 »

i think i just don't like vegan food, i do eat veggies but i just don't want to stop eating meat i like (yes its controversial but i like meat). the vegan food for me is a bit overadvertised, its not like veggie meals can't taste good, but i won't stop eating meat if ill still be able to. i really hate these "vegan burgers" that i was seeing quite a lot since the start of veganism popularity, vegan food in my opinion should be something different not to try mimicking meat

playbox, you are missing some crucial information "about meat" and its impact on your person and the environment. give the documentary a go when you're free.

at the current rate due to the climate impact of animal agriculture, you will not live to 50, the planet will be dead.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 13:57:36 »
I think that eventually the bulk of meat production will be made from animal cells grown in large tanks, because we have to. But it will take a long time before we get there.

vegan food in my opinion should be something different not to try mimicking meat
We're getting off track a bit, but: fake meat products aren't really representative of "vegan food". IMHO, it is food for the lazy or the nostalgic. In descending order:
 - They are for meat-eaters who are cooking for vegans/vegetarians (and often non-vegetarians together) and can't come up with something more interesting
 - For when a vegetarian just wants a classic dish where the quality of the meat is not really that important in the context of the whole dish. For instance Bolognese ragu should have a certain texture and colour, that you can get from soy mince. But soy mince is not much different from tofu -- a common vegan ingredient.
 - For some, some foods are just traditional at holidays. If you grew up with the meat-variety, you'd want a good replacement for nostalgia's sake.
 - It is convenient to have something half cooked just ready to heat.
🍉

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 14:00:38 »
8 billion???? so many fake fans now a days, i knew the earth before it got popular (7 billion)
The Earth's population was HALF its current size the year I was born.
🍉

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 14:35:47 »

i knew the earth before it got popular (7 billion)

Earth's population was well under a third when I was born, and that was already plenty.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 15:30:02 »
It is all a simulation.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 15:51:09 »
It is all a simulation.
The server is getting too popular! :-P
🍉

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 23:44:36 »
And yet I still can't make friends or get laid....

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 01:12:17 »
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 02:03:05 »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 02:35:30 »

How prevalent is this,  how does it work when they say stop learning around 8th grade.

More than you'd like.

That was supposed to say rural midwest.
They still finish high school (usually), they just stop learning around that time, it's obviously not everyone, but it's quite prevalent in many the places I've been or lived. There's a reason the midwest rural areas are emptying of young people.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 18 November 2022, 07:40:52 »

i knew the earth before it got popular (7 billion)

Earth's population was well under a third when I was born, and that was already plenty.

52% of all wild Vertebrates died between 1970 and 2010.

At this pace, roughly all wild animals will be dead by 2026.

We kill 3.25 BILLION animals every 12 hours.

We kill between 1 to 3 Trillion sea animals a year.

Only ~1 Billion humans has ever died in all wars combined.

This has gone well beyond unsustainable, it's plainly stupid.