Author Topic: Russian Revolution in progress...  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Russian Revolution in progress...
« on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 00:55:26 »
Timeline as best I can tell.

So a few weeks/months ago, a Russian commander in Ukraine got drunk and shelled a Wagner battalion (neo-nazi paramilitary mercenary group who were considered Putin's private army), he laughed it off and they went in and took him out. This soured relations but all seemed fine.

Today(?) the Ministry of Defense screwed up and bombed a Wagner battalion.
Now they're pissed and vowing revenge on anyone involved, including a bunch of Russian troops (10k is the rumor).
His troops head back to Russia towards Rostov where the Ministry of Defense is headquartered for the Ukraine offensive, not sure if Wagner endorsed it, it sounds like maybe not initially.
The Wagner commander gets branded traitor/mutineer and issues an arrest warrant so now he's in on it as well.
Russia then bans Google News to silence outside news.
Yandex (Russian search engine) banned the Wagner commander's name from search.
The latest They basically surrounded the town, took the streets and bridges then surrounded the Ministry of Defense.
A top Russian battalion refused to mobilize against them.
Other Russian battalions are scared or support them.
Then a (small?) convoy left towards Moscow, a heli attacked and Wagner shot it down.
Apparently many random skirmishes so far.

The latest news is Wagner's commander issued a press release stating he's in a convoy with 25k troops on his way to Moscow and more fights have broken out.

This may or may not be 100%accurate especially the timeline. The news is fast, sporatic due to news blackouts and it's a way,  and there's translation issues. So...

I'm not sure how many good troops Russia still has, much less in Moscow but the Wagner mercs are well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. Even if Russia knocks them down it's very possibly going to be the end of the Ukraine offensive as without Wagner they probably have zero chance.  Worse still for Putin it could weaken Russia enough that Ukraine (who has stated they're watching) could try another offensive and with out Wagner's help Russia could be in trouble. There's also a small revolutionary force that has been freeing Russian towns for a few weeks as well.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Russian Revolution in progress...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 01:19:26 »
'Murica is shipping DU ammo into vkra1ne. this stuff has a high contamination rate, look no further than 1raq, their children hospital is pretty horrific with birth defects owing mostly due to our use of DU in that country.

Hopefully the conflict ends before too much of that stuff is cast into the environment.

Will it end soon ?

Let's say power change hands, we'll have pvt1n 2, and they still can't capitulate, both sides have invested a tremendous amount of prestige in this matter.

The bad part is we're on the hook as much as they are.

If ne1 is interested in DU ammo, look into work done by Dama(1o L0pez who grew up in the town where it was first developed. The health hazards are overwhelming.

Also there's a .pdf document by Doctor Ma5s1mo zu((he7, many photos of the impact he's witnessed.

Offline iri

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 04:17:43 »
Timeline as best I can tell.

So a few weeks/months ago, a Russian commander in Ukraine got drunk and shelled a Wagner battalion (neo-nazi paramilitary mercenary group
I thought "where would the bull**** start" and the answer is, on the second line.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 04:20:22 »
made this Yandex search literally right now

300026-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 08:27:39 »
You can't tell what these Russian military leaders' motivations really are by listening to their claims about who did what, because they always tell lies. You can only look at what they are actually doing.

Perhaps this is a reaction against Putin's generals, like what is claimed. Perhaps this is a military coup long in the planning. Perhaps this is a diversion for an attack on the Ukraine. Perhaps this is a long-time planned scheme for Putin to blame the whole war on Prigoszyn (sp?) so as to get out of it. Perhaps this is a plot to find an excuse for escalating the war.
At this moment, WE DON'T KNOW. We can only watch, and hope for the best.

Offline iri

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 12:16:17 »
There's also a small revolutionary force that has been freeing Russian towns for a few weeks as well.
OK, let's look who was 'freeing' Russian towns:

Its leader is known as Denis Kapustin or Denis Nikitin, a Russian nationalist, and the group openly espouses a mono-ethnic Russian state.
Wow, Leslieann is a literal nazi sympatiser.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 13:21:21 »
OK, it's over. Boring.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 16:49:03 »
made this Yandex search literally right now

(Attachment Link)
Yandex sounds like something you'd look up anime girls on. Like exclusively.

Either way this 3 day occupation is taking awfully long.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 17:35:58 »
what's the update, not seeing a whole bunch of coverage.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 01:18:59 »
Its leader is known as Denis Kapustin or Denis Nikitin, a Russian nationalist, and the group openly espouses a mono-ethnic Russian state.
That's a jump.
I'm not routing for Russia, Wagner or the rebels, I would like the Ukraine war to end.
Oh and the Yandex thing may have only applied to Russia or may have just been rumor.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 01:37:21 »
what's the update, not seeing a whole bunch of coverage.
Wagner demanded two people be delivered to him to call it off, no word if he was given those people.
They got through a bunch of checkpoints with minimal effort, shot down a heli and a jet (no deaths supposedly) and got within 120 miles of Moscow before Belarus brokered a deal to stop the whole thing.

The deal:
Has the leader going to Belarus, friend of Putin or not, I think I'd be disappearing as soon as I got there and watch what I ate. I could see friends and foes of Putin trying to take him out.
Wagner troops are not going to face charges and are being pushed into to the Russian army a different merc group named MOD, though apparently no sooner had they signed and Russian troops started ransacking their homes. I could even see his own troops feeling betrayed now (again).

Meanwhile Ukraine made some gains in the confusion.

Edit: correction to troop pledge
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 June 2023, 02:09:20 by Leslieann »
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iri

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 06:38:07 »
That's a jump.
Not really, just a natural reaction to someone calling nazi attacks "freeing towns". I'm glad that you don't root for them lol

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 12:35:09 »
That's a jump.
Not really, just a natural reaction to someone calling nazi attacks "freeing towns". I'm glad that you don't root for them lol
Just cheering for a disruption to the war.

Freeing was originally in quotes but I removed it to keep it somewhat impartial.
While they seem to be doing revolution things I'm sure Ukraine's propaganda arm is amplifying anything they do. Anyone can walk into the middle of a town and declare it or themselves free, sovereign citizens do it all the time, it doesn't really mean anything. Maybe they're more than that though, I have no idea, so I tried to be impartial about it.

More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 25 June 2023, 12:38:55 »
Not alot of press on the DU ammun1ti0n. They are very to><ic.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 18:37:58 »
Well only took 2 days to start to fall apart.
Word is it was all called off due to threats to the head of Wagner's Family and promises of no repurcussions.

The head of Wagner is complaining about Ministry of Defense again after they planned to disband Wagner roll uninvolved Wagner troops into Russian main military and confiscated one of three vans full of gold and cash intended for payroll and widow benefits for their fighters. Now Russia is refiling charges an some are wanting treason charges (as in up against the wall and shoot them) for those who participated.

Russia also claimed all Wagner troops were back in Ukraine but people on the street have been seeing them around town acting like nothing had happened.
Despite Russian initial claims of no dead, there were several pilots killed.

Personally, I think the "deal" was always a ruse to buy time.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 02:45:30 »
All I know is that all the official Russian statements are false.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline iri

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 04:52:40 »
Leslieann's are.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 06:06:30 »
What were they buying time for?
To mount a response/plan.

Leslieann's are.
This is/was looking like the start of a historic event, I was just posting what I have seen here and there about what was happening.

I have no care for Russian (or Ukrainian) politics beyond them leaving Ukraine.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 06:55:57 »

acting like nothing had happened.

I have not been following this boondoggle too closely, but Putin has never been kind to people who have crossed him.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 13:42:11 »
Leslieann's are.
This is/was looking like the start of a historic event, I was just posting what I have seen here and there about what was happening.

I mean, you are literally spreading fake news without sources.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 14:37:36 »
Leslieann's are.

Yeah, they'd fit right in with the russian media!
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 16:36:20 »
Leslieann's are.

Fake news = news you don't like.

It was supposed to be casual conversation and you jump in with calling me a Nazi and several days later(?) suddenly demanding sources. Since when did GH become your trusted source for world news?
Go jump in a lake.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iri

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 03:18:27 »
No, they are just fake. And it takes seconds to disprove some of them, like that one with Yandex. I can go over your statements with sources if you like.

you jump in with calling me a Nazi
I didn't call you a nazi. I called you a nazi sympathiser for a very valid reason that was explained to you.

-Ray Bradbury

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 08:26:36 »
My kids were here for a rare visit so I was not paying close attention, but this whole affair seems utterly bizarre and pointless from the surface perspective.

What happened, and what didn't? Make a big noise and then say "Nothing to see here, folks, just move on."

Clearly *something* happened and we may never know, but what does it mean for the Ukraine War?

From over here it looks like an enigma wrapped in a mystery. A smoke screen so that Prigozhin can escape to a remote moutain villa in the 3rd world?

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 09:22:45 »
Clearly *something* happened and we may never know, but what does it mean for the Vkra1neWar?

From over here it looks like an enigma wrapped in a mystery. A smoke screen so that Pr1go2hin can escape to a remote moutain villa in the 3rd world?

We'll never know what happened.  But the Vkra1ne war is in attrition. Our western powers seem content to fight to the last Vkra1n1an.  Vkra1ne can not destroy Rv55ia. The converse is not true.

Initially we were hoping for a successful co0p which in some twist of fate might allow Rv55ia to save face and reduce,  but it's increasingly looking like that's not what the western Capitalist mi1itary industrial structure desires. The US directly interceded France's attempt at de-escalation negotiation.

The main problem is we lost the last 5 wars against opponents with basically macguyver level gear.

This war is entirely about Ego from both sides, Vkra1ne will unfortunately probably end the same way as iraq/afghan/syria.

The worst is yet to come, with large shipments of DU-ammo going in, contamination will result in birth defects well into the future, if there's any Vkra1ne left.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 04:46:38 »
It was fun while it lasted.

Is "retiring to Minsk" going to be a new euphemism for those who go on extended holiday after disagreeing with Putin?
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2023, 04:57:31 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 05:39:28 »
Is "retiring to Minsk" going to be a new euphemism for those who go on extended holiday after disagreeing with Putin?
I think "committed suicide" will remain the primary euphemism.
Prigozjin (sp) is too well known, and too protected for that to happen to.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 07:27:40 »
I doubt it. He now has enemies within Wagner as well as the Russian MoD, as one of the main reasons for the uprising was because he didn’t want Wagner merged into the Russian military. Now Wagner is being merged into the Russian military, seemingly, as part of his deal to have all charges dropped.

I hope incredibly bad things happen to him and everyone in Wagner.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 08:13:31 »
This is alot of guesswork, we don't have the facts.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 09:10:49 »

About him having enemies in Wagner and the RuMoD or the war crimes part? Because he has said in his own videos that he didn't want Wagner as part of the RuMoD

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 10:13:29 »

About him having enemies in Wagner and the RuMoD or the war crimes part? Because he has said in his own videos that he didn't want Wagner as part of the RuMoD

Just saying for every info they release, there are obscure happenstances behind the scene which makes our above board interpretations inaccurate.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 10:17:40 »

we don't have the facts.

for every info they release, there are obscure happenstances

We in the West probably know very little about what is actually giong on, and have far too little to even speculate.

But if I worked for a life insurance company, I wouldn't be writing any policies for anybody in that part of the world these days.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 11:15:21 »

Just saying for every info they release, there are obscure happenstances behind the scene which makes our above board interpretations inaccurate.

Good to see you haven’t changed after all this time tp and your posts still make no sense.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 30 June 2023, 12:03:21 »
No, they are just fake. And it takes seconds to disprove some of them, like that one with Yandex. I can go over your statements with sources if you like.

you jump in with calling me a Nazi
I didn't call you a nazi. I called you a nazi sympathizer for a very valid reason that was explained to you.
Pretty much calling someone a Nazi

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline iri

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 04:54:58 »
We in the West probably know very little about what is actually giong on
Truer words were never spoken.

-Ray Bradbury

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 07:19:18 »
What sources do you recommend for more reliable information?

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 02 July 2023, 16:18:35 »
What was being called a "coup" or a "revolt" a week ago is now being recast as a "protest" to bring attention to some sort of "rivalry" between the Russian military and the Wagner Group.

Assuming that the latter is a better description, where did the "revolution" narrative come from, and, maybe more importantly, how did a media event that embarassed Putin seem to simply evaporate with few consequences?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 02 July 2023, 17:17:50 »
That's the problem with an Un-Winnable war.

Rvss has the nv(lear shield.  NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, they can suicide the planet on their own, EVEN INDIA has this capacity.  It's unfortunate that Nv(lear weapons are critical to peace, but it is what it is.

So, in a tugg-of-war that goes on Indefinitely,  All the Vkra1n1ans are dead is the only thing we'll have to show for it.

It doesn't actually matter which side capitulates first,  My best guess is, Vkra1n will have to surrender to Rvss1a eventually.

The US can't let down its pride given how much prestige we've invested, waving our big military around, and it's not officially OUR WAR, even though it 100% is.

Rvss and Vkra1nians are not dissimilar enough to say they're fundamentally 2 different nations. So, Rvss will never let this go, out of again, Invested Prestige.

In the End, Vkra1n's own oligarchs will decide, everyone dies, WHAT the hell for ?  History assures us, pride is worth less than Potatoes.

The whole concept of Nation-hood is a remnant of Colonialism, and it's inappropriate given our science and understanding of how the world actually works.

This war, as with EVERY SINGLE WAR, is the Rich Oligarch's war, fighting over who gets to exploit the taxes and labor of the Plebian Class.   The working class kids go off to die, while the Oligarchs of Their Nations Feast.