Author Topic: Monki pox  (Read 2163 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Monki pox
« on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 08:08:23 »
they said it wasn't gonna be a thing, but now it's a thing

/ angryface

....describes monkeypox as "very stable" in the environment and says it can live "for days to weeks in water, soil, and on refrigerated food." It adds that the virus can live for months to years inside of scabs.

The report does not say how long the virus can survive on surfaces, but the CDC said investigators found the live virus 15 days after a patient's home was left unoccupied, according to one study....

....Regarding decontamination, the DHS report said that, as of July 12, no data demonstrates the effectiveness of most common disinfectants against the monkeypox virus but bleach is recommended against emerging viruses. ...testing with the vaccinia virus—a close relative of monkeypox—suggests that the disinfectants Virkon, Dettol and Sanytex are effective.

Surface survival is important because experts know that while sexual transmission has played a significant role in the spread of the disease this year, monkeypox can be spread via contaminated objects such as clothing.

.....The virus can also spread via direct contact with the rash it causes, contact with body fluids, contact with respiratory secretions and intimate contact like sex, kissing, hugging and prolonged face-to-face contact, the CDC said. Also, pregnant women can spread the virus to the fetus. In addition, people can catch the virus from infected animals, including their meat.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Monki pox
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 03:01:30 »
Getting the MP vaccine today :D .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 13:13:56 »

keep us updated on effects.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 13:53:13 »
I **** you not, wife found out she was close contact with someone who had it.  She actually gave her a hug a few weeks back.  The lady had some "bumps" at the time but didn't know what it was.

It's going to be brutal in the schools. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2022, 13:55:34 by pixelpusher »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 14:32:58 »
seems like there's only 100,000 doses for 1,000,000 eligible right now.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 15:04:15 »
how does the vaccine clinic know if a person is gay (to qualify for current eligibility),  do they give people a quiz ?
You have to suck their ****. I don't make the rules, I just follow them.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 17:34:10 »
I mean, isn't it most likely to transmit exactly like chicken pox and small pox?  I've never heard anyone say they weren't worried about Chicken Pox b/c it's mainly spread in the gay community... The entire situation was messed up from the start.  Again, we had plenty of advanced warning from doctors in Africa.

I can imagine that the current administration knew beyond a doubt that ramping up production of vaccines and advising the general public to get a shot was a laughable matter after the way Covid was received. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 17:37:53 »
it says potentially ~1 in 10 peeps may have severe consequences from infections.  that's actually alot isn't it?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 17:45:51 »
I mean, isn't it most likely to transmit exactly like chicken pox and small pox?  I've never heard anyone say they weren't worried about Chicken Pox b/c it's mainly spread in the gay community... The entire situation was messed up from the start.  Again, we had plenty of advanced warning from doctors in Africa.

I can imagine that the current administration knew beyond a doubt that ramping up production of vaccines and advising the general public to get a shot was a laughable matter after the way Covid was received.
Literally just on the news today they said that gay people are more likely to get it because of all the promiscuous sex they totally have. It's the AIDS crisis part 2, the planet of the AIDS.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 18:02:20 »

It's the AIDS crisis part 2

People are just going to have to stop banging monkeys.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3234451/
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 18:21:54 »
The best science we have for HIV origins today is the Bush_Meat (monkey meat) trade which springs up around Logging camps cutting into jungles for Timber and to plant monocrop (soy/oil palm/cattle feed).  The workers there ate a tramendous amount of monkey meat, which put them in intimate contact with the SIV (Simian), which when hopped to humans, eventually mutated into HIV.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 20:58:58 »
got these mosquito bites, tp4 thinks, buh now, everything feels like monkip0x

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 01:24:28 »

keep us updated on effects.

Day after, so far am feeling/noticing bugger all. Should specify that none of my three Covid vaccines gave me any effects whatsoever.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 09:55:37 »
just caught oneself scratching in the mirror, christ, we even look like monkies, the resemblance is unshakable.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 10:47:14 »
I have read that there are about a dozen "basic" human face shapes.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 01:15:56 »
2 days after, little stiffness at injection site, still zero side effects.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 14 August 2022, 18:23:11 »
It seems mosquitoes can transmit "small pox" in laboratory setting.

Can't find if it can transmit the Monki