Author Topic: Petition to Save Net Neutrality  (Read 4085 times)

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Petition to Save Net Neutrality
« on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 13:18:59 »
Sign these if you care about your Internet freedoms.

Without Net Neutrality, ISPs can choose what you see online, favoring some sources or blocking others. For example, if someone launched a petition on Change.org against a company like Verizon, Net Neutrality prevents Verizon from blocking or slowing their customers’ access to our site. 

We already have a discussion up and running in another thread, but I thought it was a good idea to fill a thread with various petitions to save net neutrality before December 14. Obviously, it's a little naive to assume something can be done by the general public to sway the US government, but I am not going to sit idly by. Please, inform yourself and sign the petitions.

https://www.change.org/p/save-net-neutrality-netneutrality
https://www.battleforthenet.com/
https://petitions.signforgood.com/ProtectNetNeutrality/

If you have any others likes you wish to share, feel free to comment.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Petition to Save Net Neutrality
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 13:54:51 »
Signed up.. !!

This matters people..

Who you vote for ?  Probably doesn't matter.. most people voted ****lery,  Dump still won..

But Net neutrality Directly affects your bandwidth...

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 18:59:57 »
You can fill out all the petitions you want.
Pai's already admitted he threw out anything lacking legal speak and form letters.

Congress could possibly stop him, but who do you think put him there knowing what he would do and if you saw the latest tax bill, you already know how much they care about you.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 19:07:05 »
Pai's already admitted he threw out anything lacking legal speak and form letters.

Congress could possibly stop him, but who do you think put him there knowing what he would do and if you saw the latest tax bill, you already know how much they care about you.

The truth, ladies and gentlemen: we're all screwed.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 20:01:30 »

start downloading the Internet NOW.. !!

Before they don't let you do it no more.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 20:04:20 »

you already know how much they care about you.

And I blame the 44 million eligible voters in the US who sat on their asses a year ago instead of voting.

When are 99% of the citizens in the US going to realize that the Republican Party hates them and that the Republican Party is their worst enemy?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 20:22:23 »

And I blame the 44 million eligible voters in the US who sat on their asses a year ago instead of voting.

When are 99% of the citizens in the US going to realize that the Republican Party hates them and that the Republican Party is their worst enemy?

When are you going to realize voting doesn't matter,  and that it almost certainly takes protests and rioting before anything gets done.

Hahahahaha..  Enough people voted against trump, He still won.. Enough people voted against Bush, HE STILL WON..

Are you really going to blame voters ?

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:15:43 »

Both with the tax reform and NN I think. Canadia looks tempting

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:33:03 »
This petition will stop it for sure.

I use a modem and download my shareware from BBS's, so I'm ok either way.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:50:28 »

Both with the tax reform and NN I think. Canadia looks tempting

Well, the tax reform is largely the democrats fault for getting distracted with RussiaGate.  They got distracted by the magpie goal of fighting the election over and over rather than fighting what was in front of them.

The US Senate passed the most drastic rewrite of America’s tax system since the Reagan administration, which is expected to mostly benefit the wealthiest Americans while further crippling the nation’s already broken healthcare system and includes an addendum to allow oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and in the meantime, what's trending?  Flynn and Trump.  Get over the fact that Trump won, and work on the current issues rather than what happened in the elections.

People think that the petitions are going to keep NN alive.  That fight was already lost with Ajit Pai's appointment, and there is no forum that will force him to take a more moderate approach.  Well, other than money.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:56:57 »

If it all goes down.. We're all going to move to the country side,  and be farmers..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:03:27 »

If it all goes down.. We're all going to move to the country side,  and be farmers..

I like the positive thinking...we'll get organic food for way less monies.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:04:24 »

and build forts..

I've got xbox original w/ 4 controllers

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:07:28 »

and build forts..

I've got xbox original w/ 4 controllers

oOoo me too! OG Halo was the best.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:13:57 »

yea, but if we're playing og halo,  everyone has to bring their own xbox..

we're not doing that 15fps split screen madness.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:15:52 »

Kids are so spoiled now a days.. with their 32" computer screens pfft. We had to 4-way split a 21" CRT and we thought it could never get better :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:18:57 »

Kids are so spoiled now a days.. with their 32" computer screens pfft. We had to 4-way split a 21" CRT and we thought it could never get better :)

I have an x2vga for the xbox,  Tp4 = CRT Ready. although in the apocalypse we'd probably opt for led backlit lcd..  !!

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:56:41 »
To hell with net neutrality. How about freeing up the Internet by sending antitrust after Google, Facebook, and the other big tech companies that monopolize and censor online discussions to satisfy the political needs of the ultra-left.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:32:32 »
To hell with net neutrality. How about freeing up the Internet by sending antitrust after Google, Facebook, and the other big tech companies that monopolize and censor online discussions to satisfy the political needs of the ultra-left.

Don't forget to close down all those gambling sites, their clogging the tubes. It's not a big truck you can just dump stuff on.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:36:02 »
As long as GH stays up, the rest can burn down.. (except for Amazon Prime)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 17:01:45 »

the tax reform is largely the democrats fault

What could the Democratic Party possibly have done? Seriously, what?

They were completely shut out of the entire affair and barely got to see a hand-scribbled draft mere hours before the vote.

Every other major tax bill has been examined and debated rationally, for months, in full view of all parties involved, including - wait for it - the public.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 17:37:28 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 18:03:47 »
They have to pass the bill so we can know what's in it.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 19:08:08 »

start downloading the Internet NOW.. !!

Before they don't let you do it no more.

All I could think of was this:

But yea, Pai has made it abundantly clear he DGAF and is killing the NN rules.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 19:25:35 »

They were completely shut out of the entire affair and barely got to see a hand-scribbled draft mere hours before the vote.

Every other major tax bill has been examined and debated rationally, for months, in full view of all parties involved, including - wait for it - the public.

I don't think the legislative filibuster has been neutered yet.  Over something so important, it seems this would be the time to man up and stay there until it gets postponed, no matter what McConnell says.  Yes, they're playing dirty pool, but those are the times that you up your game, just like they did for the health care repeal.  This is more important by a long shot than 'RussiaGate'.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 19:29:41 »

Because of the Electoral College (which is rigged to give southern states more power), unless you are a swing state, your vote doesn't matter.

My state was going to go to Trump, and my county was even easier. Many positions are a contest between 2 or 3 Pubs and not a Dem in sight. In fact if you have a Dem sign in your yard on your car, it's probably going to be destroyed. It's not that will look at you weird or sneer, no, they will actually vandalize your house and car for it and you are lucky if that is all they do.

If you want to lay blame... Blame Hillary for not doing her job (she never went to Michigan or Wisconsin), or the Dem party for sabotaging Bernie (she was going to get the nomination, no need to cheat), or both for ignoring the midwest's hatred of her in the first place. Or you could blame the media for making Trumps campaign a circus everyone wanted to watch or flat out making things up or ignoring things they should have covered. Or even more direct, the flat out villainizing of anyone in the middle, or even slightly left leaning by the right to the extent that they would rather elect a child predator instead of a Dem.

Plenty of blame to go around, but blaming someone who's vote was a throw away, is not where blame should be placed.
There is also a case to be made that many people simply sholdn't be voting because they have no clue what is even really on the ballot. Many voters on both sides (but especially the right) vote based on party name and ignore what the person actually stands for or plans to do when in office.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 19:33:07 »

I don't think the legislative filibuster has been neutered yet.  Over something so important, it seems this would be the time to man up and stay there until it gets postponed, no matter what McConnell says.  Yes, they're playing dirty pool, but those are the times that you up your game, just like they did for the health care repeal.  This is more important by a long shot than 'RussiaGate'.

Sorry, but you are wrong, just like when they installed that Supreme Court Justice, they used Reconciliation, which suspends normal proceedings and only requires a 51% majority.

Dems could do nothing but stand and watch.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 19:46:48 »

Sorry, but you are wrong, just like when they installed that Supreme Court Justice, they used Reconciliation, which suspends normal proceedings and only requires a 51% majority.

Dems could do nothing but stand and watch.

They used reconciliation (the Nuclear Option) to remove the capability for a filibuster on confirmation hearings for Gorsuch : http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/politics/neil-gorsuch-filibuster-senate/index.html.  They did not do the same for the legislative filibuster, and McConnell is on record for saying that it would not be nuked while he was in office, though he tried to go back on that promise.  They needed 60 votes to break the filibuster. The vote was 51-49, so they could have successfully filibustered it.  It had also been ruled under parliamentary rules that it didn't even meet the requirements for reconciliation.  They had options, they just didn't use them effectively.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 21:00:57 »
They used reconciliation (the Nuclear Option) to remove the capability for a filibuster on confirmation hearings for Gorsuch : http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/03/politics/neil-gorsuch-filibuster-senate/index.html.  They did not do the same for the legislative filibuster, and McConnell is on record for saying that it would not be nuked while he was in office, though he tried to go back on that promise.  They needed 60 votes to break the filibuster. The vote was 51-49, so they could have successfully filibustered it.  It had also been ruled under parliamentary rules that it didn't even meet the requirements for reconciliation.  They had options, they just didn't use them effectively.
In the Senate, you cannot pass anything with less than 60% unless it is through Reconciliation.

They like to say it may not conform to the rules because it sounds good in news headlines and Facebook blurbs, true or not because they know the average person isn't going to actually go and read what was really said or care if they retract it 5 minutes later.

As per Wikipedia..
Reconciliation is a legislative process of the United States Congress that allows expedited passage of certain budgetary legislation on spending, revenues, and the federal debt limit with a simple majority vote in both the House (218 votes) and Senate (51 votes). Senate rules prohibit filibustering and impose a 20-hour cap on the total time for debate, motions and amendments related to reconciliation bills.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 21:16:57 »
In the Senate, you cannot pass anything with less than 60% unless it is through Reconciliation.

They like to say it may not conform to the rules because it sounds good in news headlines and Facebook blurbs, true or not because they know the average person isn't going to actually go and read what was really said or care if they retract it 5 minutes later.

As per Wikipedia..
Reconciliation is a legislative process of the United States Congress that allows expedited passage of certain budgetary legislation on spending, revenues, and the federal debt limit with a simple majority vote in both the House (218 votes) and Senate (51 votes). Senate rules prohibit filibustering and impose a 20-hour cap on the total time for debate, motions and amendments related to reconciliation bills.

That's just wrong.

http://fair.org/uncategorized/how-many-votes-does-it-take-to-pass-a-senate-bill/

It really is worth being specific on this: It does not take 60 votes to pass an ordinary bill in the Senate; it takes a majority of the senators voting. If everyone is present, it takes 51 votes, or 50 votes if the vice president votes to break the tie. Under the current rules of the Senate–which can be altered by a majority vote–it takes 60 votes to proceed to a vote on a bill when some senators want to continue debate forever, or filibuster.

The reason that it appears that you need 60 is because of the filibuster, not because it's a normal rule.

Relevant parties spent the overnight hours seeking to hammer out an accommodation to address Corker and Flake's deficit concerns after the Senate parliamentarian ruled that a proposed "trigger" mechanism compromise did not pass procedural muster under reconciliation rules. 

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 22:57:48 »
Sorry, forgot about that.

I'm seeing that they did use Reconciliation and others are not saying if they did or not.  Regardless, I think you could have talked till you were blue in the face, they weren't going to let this go.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 01:28:16 »
Sorry, forgot about that.

I'm seeing that they did use Reconciliation and others are not saying if they did or not.  Regardless, I think you could have talked till you were blue in the face, they weren't going to let this go.

The Truth and Reconciliation.. Sniper lvl.. !!