Author Topic: I went back to a Black Widow, what!?  (Read 47511 times)

Offline silas1128

Re: I went back to a Black Widow, what!?
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:24:45 »
I should note, the only Razer product I personally purchased was the DeathAdder. Though I don't HATE them, the kraken headset and BWU were christmas gifts and function perfectly. Their not my style, but I'm too poor to replace them.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 21:49:03 »
Hmm, I've had my Razer BWU, Kraken headset, and deathadder for like a year with heavy use. Not a single issue with any of it.. And the stuff takes a beating... Maybe I'm just lucky??

That's what I'm thinking...I've never had an issue with a single razer product...I must either really take care of my stuff, or be an outlier. Then again, I haven't owned one of their keyboards since my lycosa, and that ended when I came to college.

AFAIK it's hit or miss for most products -- though certain products have faired better than others among owners. Nagas have overwhelming amounts of people with the same problem I had for every single one of mine. Within one year, it falls apart from the inside. None of the others were quite as dramatically broken as that mouse.
c h e r

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 22:36:33 »
Hmm, I've had my Razer BWU, Kraken headset, and deathadder for like a year with heavy use. Not a single issue with any of it.. And the stuff takes a beating... Maybe I'm just lucky??

That's what I'm thinking...I've never had an issue with a single razer product...I must either really take care of my stuff, or be an outlier. Then again, I haven't owned one of their keyboards since my lycosa, and that ended when I came to college.

AFAIK it's hit or miss for most products -- though certain products have faired better than others among owners. Nagas have overwhelming amounts of people with the same problem I had for every single one of mine. Within one year, it falls apart from the inside. None of the others were quite as dramatically broken as that mouse.

"Hit or miss" does not inspire confidence!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 00:36:43 »

Which is why I stopped purchasing. Though they do adhere to their warranties and quickly, it's too much of a hassle if your stuff is "miss".
c h e r

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 05:38:22 »

Which is why I stopped purchasing. Though they do adhere to their warranties and quickly, it's too much of a hassle if your stuff is "miss".

Being cynical, one might suggest that they have had more experience responding to warranty returns than making the keyboards :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:02:30 »
Then there's also the problem if your Razer product is a miss and breaks right after the warranty period (which I see complaints about all the time on another forum

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 07:31:33 »
Then there's also the problem if your Razer product is a miss and breaks right after the warranty period (which I see complaints about all the time on another forum

I would be raging if that happened to me. All mine broke within warranty period... but that doesn't exactly make it better. >.>
c h e r

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 07:50:54 »

Might be luck or maybe you just don't use your gear heavily enough? Idk.

When I got my Kraken, I noticed the mic literally sucked ass. I've gone through about 5 deathadders as they all started having problems after around 6-8 months each. I've had 3 blackwidows and they all suffered from various issues as well. I was fed up with my ****ty Razer gear, and thus I started Googling, found GH and joined to find better peripherals. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:04:31 »

When I got my Kraken, I noticed the mic literally sucked ass. I've gone through about 5 deathadders as they all started having problems after around 6-8 months each. I've had 3 blackwidows and they all suffered from various issues as well. I was fed up with my ****ty Razer gear, and thus I started Googling, found GH and joined to find better peripherals. :)

you sure your power supply or mobo isn't putting out bad 5v killing all ur usb stuffs. ?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:19:22 »

you sure your power supply or mobo isn't putting out bad 5v killing all ur usb stuffs. ?

Is my HHKB dead right now?
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:36:48 »
In b4 quickest ban in GH history. Came out of lurking sick of the hypocrisy, misleading information and demik loving. Ban him he's useless. What boards does he even like. He just abuses noobs and says 'noted'. The milk is sour already!

*sirens* This is the demik police. We have received complaints of someone demik-hating. That is against geekhack law. We're going to need you to come down to geekhack headquarters for your banning due to insolence and libel against the demik name.

/s

In all seriousness, play the victim some more, dude. Or not, because you sound like a whiny ***** who can't take anything being said to them. Maybe you were better off just being a lurker.

Offline irecresum

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:38:49 »
In b4 quickest ban in GH history. Came out of lurking sick of the hypocrisy, misleading information and demik loving. Ban him he's useless. What boards does he even like. He just abuses noobs and says 'noted'. The milk is sour already!

*sirens* This is the demik police. We have received complaints of someone demik-hating. That is against geekhack law. We're going to need you to come down to geekhack headquarters for your banning due to insolence and libel against the demik name.

/s

In all seriousness, play the victim some more, dude. Or not, because you sound like a whiny ***** who can't take anything being said to them. Maybe you were better off just being a lurker.

And who are you?
esoomenona: "****, son. Don't you see my ****ing post count? I matter in this *****"

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:38:56 »

My deathadder also broke in about 6 months. Heck even my Razer vespula was actually starting to cause damage to my Logitech g9x after 4 months

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:42:05 »
And who are you?

****, son. Don't you see my ****ing post count? I matter in this *****, obviously. Step your game up before you come at me sideways.

I'm nobody. I'm somebody. I'm the person telling you what I'm telling you, and I'm the person you're responding. If your intent was to take away from me by suggesting I'm nobody, you would've been better off not responding at all.

Offline irecresum

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:45:35 »
And who are you?

****, son. Don't you see my ****ing post count? I matter in this *****, obviously. Step your game up before you come at me sideways.

I'm nobody. I'm somebody. I'm the person telling you what I'm telling you, and I'm the person you're responding. If your intent was to take away from me by suggesting I'm nobody, you would've been better off not responding at all.

your stupid post count means nothing punk. just cos the resident demik was banned or watever does mean ur the new big dog well go step in ur own doggie do

your post count...go frame it....ur grandchildren would be so proud
esoomenona: "****, son. Don't you see my ****ing post count? I matter in this *****"

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:47:49 »
And who are you?

your stupid post count means nothing punk. just cos the resident demik was banned or watever does mean ur the new big dog well go step in ur own doggie do

"The last topic report from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:49:36 »

My posts mean worlds more than your drivel means at this point. Any time someone looks in your direction funny, it's time to call 911, but no one even sees you. You're the only person tearing yourself down. Do you hate demik or me because your life is pathetic and someone actually pays attention to us? Is it your initial reaction to respond caustically when someone says your name due to a bad history of bullying and inadequacy? What is it that is really the root cause of your pain, because it isn't me, and it isn't any other member here.

Offline irecresum

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:51:31 »
And who are you?

"The last topic report from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later."

Noted.

Offline silas1128

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:02:32 »

I ALWAYS ignore mic reviews... 99.99% of the time its something wrong with your rig. I've had numerous headsets and EVERY SINGLE ONE had complaints about the mic by people. I have NEVER, except on one $4 headset, had an issue with a mic being crappy. This Kraken mic sounds perfect. I had a deathadder die too... after spilling something on it.

And the fact that you've killed a dozen different peripherals just boggles my mind... They may have a bad egg or two, but something else is/was going on there.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:06:00 »

I ALWAYS ignore mic reviews... 99.99% of the time its something wrong with your rig. I've had numerous headsets and EVERY SINGLE ONE had complaints about the mic by people. I have NEVER, except on one $4 headset, had an issue with a mic being crappy. This Kraken mic sounds perfect. I had a deathadder die too... after spilling something on it.

And the fact that you've killed a dozen different peripherals just boggles my mind... They may have a bad egg or two, but something else is/was going on there.

Nope, you're wrong. I've had over 10 other microphones - no issues... only with the Kraken. I said " I've gone through about 5 deathadders as they all started having problems after around 6-8 months each. I've had 3 blackwidows and they all suffered from various issues as well." - I didn't say I "killed" any of them. Do you not know how to read?

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:19:20 »
And who are you?

lol
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline irecresum

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:24:42 »

My posts mean worlds more than your drivel means at this point. Any time someone looks in your direction funny, it's time to call 911, but no one even sees you. You're the only person tearing yourself down. Do you hate demik or me because your life is pathetic and someone actually pays attention to us? Is it your initial reaction to respond caustically when someone says your name due to a bad history of bullying and inadequacy? What is it that is really the root cause of your pain, because it isn't me, and it isn't any other member here.

why are you making this your business. ppl don't like A holes so don't be one. even demik has changed and i helped him out today. ur not anonymous ur playing clint eastwood. 

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:32:31 »
And who are you?

lol

I would expect the joke to go over your head, pinche pendejo. But hey, come on in and remind us all how you shouldn't be a moderator acting as unprofessional as you do.

Does your post count give you super powers?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:34:27 »

why are you making this your business. ppl don't like A holes so don't be one. even demik has changed and i helped him out today. ur not anonymous ur playing clint eastwood. 

I'm making it my business because that's what friends do. Has demik changed? Please tell me how you helped him? You took everything he told you way out of context. He said "noted" in response to your post, purely as recognition, and your victim complex automatically took that negatively. And now you're throwing that at everyone? You're ridiculous. I don't have to be anonymous. That's not my intent. I'm not hiding behind anything.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:35:39 »
And who are you?

lol

I would expect the joke to go over your head, pinche pendejo. But hey, come on in and remind us all how you shouldn't be a moderator acting as unprofessional as you do.

Internet bullying at it's finest.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:40:02 »

Ah, is that what I am? And you're so much better making your indirect remarks at every comment I say? Do you sit on my profile page, waiting for the next thing I say so you can do it again? And if that's your honest opinion, didn't your mother teach you the best way to handle bullies is to ignore them? But if memory serves me correctly, you tried that and you just couldn't stay away.

Offline irecresum

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:42:50 »

Ah, is that what I am? And you're so much better making your indirect remarks at every comment I say? Do you sit on my profile page, waiting for the next thing I say so you can do it again? And if that's your honest opinion, didn't your mother teach you the best way to handle bullies is to ignore them? But if memory serves me correctly, you tried that and you just couldn't stay away.

wow the world really revolves around you

post count == epeen

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:45:01 »

post count == epeen

I truly give zero ****s about my post count. I brought it up because it apparently matters to you. Or did you forget how you attack members for their post count, trying to relate it to something about them? Let me refresh your memory:

Apparently you're the one making comparisons of your internet **** to others based on post count, not me.

Offline irecresum

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:51:16 »

post count == epeen

I truly give zero ****s about my post count. I brought it up because it apparently matters to you. Or did you forget how you attack members for their post count, trying to relate it to something about them? Let me refresh your memory:

Apparently you're the one making comparisons of your internet **** to others based on post count, not me.

You need to chill dude. I don't think this community would be any worse off with you gone. Go on...in say 3 months a dribble of folks may notice ur gone.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:54:10 »
You need to chill dude. I don't think this community would be any worse off with you gone. Go on...in say 3 months a dribble of folks may notice ur gone.

And this is the end of our conversation? "Please leave me alone. I will attempt to belittle you by making it appear as though you don't matter, as a means of proving my argument." Is that your final response?

Offline 1391406

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:56:24 »
I've purchased numerous vintage keyboards as well as a couple of Filco's, and while my daily driver is an IBM F-122, I have a Blackwidow that's seen daily use for several years now and still works as well as the day I bought it, at least according to the person who uses it around here. It's probably worth mentioning that I initially exchanged the first one due to a couple of non-clicky switches. In fact, I ended up going to the keyboard aisle at Frys and pulled about 7 or 8 out of the box to fully test the switches before I found one that felt and sounded consistent across all of the keys. To this day it's been a great keyboard, but it was cherry picked. Considering how many I tried in-store before finding one that felt consistent, I wouldn't recommend buying online.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline silas1128

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:58:11 »

Nope, you're wrong. I've had over 10 other microphones - no issues... only with the Kraken. I said " I've gone through about 5 deathadders as they all started having problems after around 6-8 months each. I've had 3 blackwidows and they all suffered from various issues as well." - I didn't say I "killed" any of them. Do you not know how to read?

"Various issues" 100% not caused by anything else besides bad quality? Doubt it.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:00:17 »

"Various issues" 100% not caused by anything else besides bad quality? Doubt it.

Some LEDs stopped working randomly and the anti-slip rubber pads fell of within 1 week on all 3 blackwidows. Don't be so sure when you're obviously clueless.

Offline irecresum

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:02:29 »

And this is the end of our conversation? "Please leave me alone. I will attempt to belittle you by making it appear as though you don't matter, as a means of proving my argument." Is that your final response?

war with the mods, inflated sense of ego, and the need to protect the despised. I suppose you can only empathise and so the conversation continues. Besides ur post count what have you contributed to this community in a positive manner in your opinion. You seem reasonable. So please expound. Post count is so very frivolous.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:04:52 »

war with the mods, inflated sense of ego, and the need to protect the despised. I suppose you can only empathise and so the conversation continues. Besides ur post count what have you contributed to this community in a positive manner in your opinion. You seem reasonable. So please expound. Post count is so very frivolous.

He's helped me and others multiple times for one.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:06:31 »

post count == epeen

How many would notice you're gone in three months, though? Just curious.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline 1391406

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:07:09 »

Were you a member of the forum under another name?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:08:03 »

Were you a member of the forum under another name?

He said he used to just be a lurker.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:12:07 »

I do empathize. That is one of the greatest things in human nature. I find myself feeling sorry that you can't do the same.

As far as what I've done for this community, I don't have to prove myself to you on a personal level. I know what I've done, and others do as well. No one ever has to say my name publicly, because that's not the purpose of helping. If that's how you feel, then the inflated ego is yours. Why don't you take some time to see what people have done before you choose to try to break them down based on your lack of reading comprehension and context interpretation? Or here's a funny idea: if you're not certain what someone meant, ask them. There's no need to set yourself as the victim unnecessarily.

And war with the mods? Not at all. Do I have a problem calling them out when they're wrong? No. And apparently that's the issue. The moderation team is not supreme. They make mistakes, and are subject to knowing it. ekw on the other hand doesn't like me. Maybe I said something wrong that he took personally one day. He never said. He added me to his ignore list. That's fine and dandy. I can respect someone who wants to ignore another, even if I don't do it myself. But what's the purpose of adding a person to your ignore list, only to read every comment they make, and make indirect remarks, interjecting often? Can you tell me?

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:29:10 »

Don't take this the wrong way, but your posts don't exactly give off a much better impression than those you condemn. Perhaps you should consider that a toxic dialogue takes at least two to be maintained.
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:30:24 »

You can check other forums for complaints about Razer products as well, it's certainly not limited to GHers.
c h e r

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:35:25 »
Wow, I did not think tensions would get this high just talking about problems with Razer. And damn, I just read this thread and cherpalla and other GHers are kicking so much ass lmao.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:55:11 »

You can check other forums for complaints about Razer products as well, it's certainly not limited to GHers.

I'm sure it's not, but if buyer ratings are any indication, it would seem the majority of those who purchased a Blackwidow from a site like Amazon, for example, are fairly satisfied.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:56:05 »
Okay, can we all just calm down a bit?  Not only are we horribly off topic, but nothing good will come of this.  I've been reading this thread from the beginning, and I'm still confused as to how this even started.  This is supposed to be a thread about Black Widows, and now it's a thread about loving or hating demik.  And also about whether moose has actually done things for the community and deserves his post count.  What?

So let's settle a few things right now:
- This thread is not about demik (sorry demik! it's nothing personal).  If you want to make a thread about loving demik, please see the Off Topic forum.  If you want to make a thread about how much you hate demik, please reconsider, as threads with no intent other than personal attacks are not allowed.
- If you must discuss how great moose is, please either do so subtly in existing threads or make a thread dedicated to the topic (once again in the Off Topic forum).  I could contribute a bit of content to such a thread, so I wouldn't object.
- If you want to talk smack about someone, please do so via PM or just not at all.  Starting flame wars is a big no-no.
- To the two that are getting edgy about actual Razer products (what? in this thread??), please take a breath and hug it out.   :-*   No need to get so heated about such a trivial topic, and what appears to be a simple misunderstanding.   :thumb:

Maybe we can get this topic back on track and have some actual discussion about Razer products and our experiences using them.  Go team!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:10:20 »
Right on Hoffman! I feel like this what the reaction to your post would be lololol

In other news I have two CLG Deathadders that have been pretty good so far. I've modded the old crossfire deathadder and the internals looked like a piece of trash compared to the new one. The old one had this crappy ribbon that had somehow become brittle and then broke from a light tug. The new one incorporates a different scroll wheel housing that uses a centered SMD LED instead of a weird angled normal LED and also gets rid of the weird unnecessarily large ribbon.

But I can agree with the naga stuff, my naga went bad after about half a year of use. My brother's old crossfire deathadder that I just mentioned had it's scrollwheel just break apart for no reason [the little nub that turns the actuator broke off]. I also had a carcharias headset that ceased functioning maybe 3 months after I bought it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:12:38 by Lastpilot »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:45:01 »

@sagii
It is like a softer/lighter brows, i have browns , all type of cherry mx brows and with different silencers/orings and they don't feel 100% exactly the same, you barely feel the click here. Similarities are there of course since they are supposed to be a clone of browns but it is enough to really satisfy me to buy this keyboard rather than others. I was going to take the hit on the HHKB but I decided not too. Just did not want to deal with the learning curve price if I wasn't 100% sure any other keyboard(and I have tried TONS) would do.
Actually told myself, if the next keyboard I bought sucked , I would go for a HHKB... but damn was I mistaken xD.

Huh, didn't know it was a softer brown O.o bear in mind the only brown switches I've tried besides razer's orange are the ones on the G710+, which, from what I've understood, really ain't a good starting point :))

Anywhoo.. I would DEFO recommend you pull the trigger on a HHKB :D Both formfactor and layout are just simply great, love it to death, but topre really isn't my thing (I don't think it is, at least). That's why I've just ordered a Poker 2 with mx clears from massdrop ^^

Have you typed on clears before? I really like the way they look, but I'm so used to reds I wonder if they would be too much for me.

You like the way clears look? Buy one fc660m  with clears and trying typing on it. It feels kind of spongy to me. Filco browns with thick imsto pbt trumps stock clears with pbt IMO. But I like the feel of the key stroke to be like a woman's skin. Smooth. So I like reds the most especially on vortex boards. I got a zippy Bluetooth one and a iKBC 104 key and they are my faves. The k65 and Filco not so good. The hpe I put down to not liking the dsa caps I stuck on them. I like Pom caps on reds like others. Cheers, Cherpalla. Btw, forgot I also have a poker 2 backlit with reds and a fc660m with reds. The poker is better to me than the Leo. It's interesting how switches feel across different boards in terms of perceived weight and enjoyment.

The hell are you talking about? Why was i even brought up?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 13:54:27 »

I'm sure it's not, but if buyer ratings are any indication, it would seem the majority of those who purchased a Blackwidow from a site like Amazon, for example, are fairly satisfied.

Most reviews are done within a few weeks of owning a product, at least on Amazon.  If you notice, most of the 3 star and below reviews have to do with problems with the keys being non-responsive within a few months of ownership.
c h e r

Offline 1391406

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:39:43 »

Most reviews are done within a few weeks of owning a product, at least on Amazon.  If you notice, most of the 3 star and below reviews have to do with problems with the keys being non-responsive within a few months of ownership.

Amazon reviews can be edited. Anyone who's ultimately unhappy with a product can update their rating and/or review at any time. Frankly, I have little reason to believe only those with negative experiences wait months vs. those with positive experiences. Either way, anyone who's ultimately unhappy can change their review, even years down the road.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:44:07 »

Amazon reviews can be edited. Anyone who's ultimately unhappy with a product can update their rating and/or review at any time. Frankly, I have little reason to believe only those with negative experiences wait months vs. those with positive experiences. Either way, anyone who's ultimately unhappy can change their review, even years down the road.

Can they, yes. Do they? Probably not.

At any rate, the response is not overwhelmingly positive. It's what I would expect. 4 stars. Enough people describing the same issues as described with other Razer products and on this board to say it is another hit or miss product, though not as bad as a lot of their other peripherals, namely their mice.
c h e r

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:12:40 »
?  Their mice are great.