Author Topic: Does anyone else only remember to wash hands so you don't get the keyboard dirty  (Read 2100 times)

Offline funkmon

Okay, maybe I'm a weirdo here, but I wash my hands after the bathroom, and uh...that's it.

But, for the past 6 months or so, since I've bought new keyboards I care about, and I've gone through and cleaned some of my old crappy ones, I've been mad enough at the board chow and general grossness that I now wash my hands before I use the computer, every day. I get home from work, wash my hands, and go to the computer.

Is it just me? Am I weird?
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2020, 08:50:29 by funkmon »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Nah I know my keyboard is gross, but it's mine. Not gonna give myself anything I don't already have.

Offline funkmon

Nah I know my keyboard is gross, but it's mine. Not gonna give myself anything I don't already have.

I dare you to lick it. I feel like if I can't lick my keyboard without feeling weird, I've done something wrong.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
my hands are usually clean. i don't eat at my keyboard either.

never forget pho's hhkb. *barf*

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40658.msg2784797#msg2784797
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
I don't like for my hands to be dirty, so I wash them often.

I especially don't like for my hands to feel greasy, but I do use lotion sometimes as long as I know that it will be absorbed soon.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline funkmon

my hands are usually clean. i don't eat at my keyboard either.

never forget pho's hhkb. *barf*

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40658.msg2784797#msg2784797

I have one that looked not quite as bad but close.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
It's like you meet people @ college, and you realize, they're barely human beings.

Not everyone takes advantage of running water / hot showers or / Laundry

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Cheetle and keyboard do not mix . I wash hands so my hands smell better and feel more
Smooth

Offline Kavik

No, I wash my hands any time I touch anything could carry pathogens. I've been a germophobe since I was a kid, and I have a sensation on my hands (it's like an automatic mental note) after I've touched something that doesn't go away until I've washed them. It always surprised me how other kids at school could pee, poop, touch the bottom of their shoes, open doors, etc. without washing their hands and feeling weird about it.

As far as computer peripherals, it actually bothers me more to have greasy hands when using my mouse than my keyboards. I have an EC1-B, and the plastic is already glossy and slick as it is.

This whole pandemic mandate of frequent hand washing has just made it clear how poor the average person's hygiene is.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
A major problem is, studies show that 80% of meat at the supermarket is contaminated with Fecal matter.

This is why they detect higher fecal contamination in people's kitchen sink than on the toilet bowl, because people wash meat into the sink.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
It's like you meet people @ college, and you realize, they're barely human beings.

Not everyone takes advantage of running water / hot showers or / Laundry

out in public is a totally different story, especially running QA labs I've become somewhat anal about keeping public workspaces wiped down. But at home it's all my own filth.