Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 390858 times)

Offline natAT

Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #451 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 10:00:57 »
Big Trouble in little China. In which Kurt Russell (tongue firmly in cheek) plays a sidekick who believes he's the main hero.

Example: A scene where the heros ingest a "magic potion" of cryptically unclear composition and effect, before taking an elevator up to the final battle of the movie  ;D

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #452 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 19:42:00 »
Chernobyl

We are s0oooo  screwed..

Yep. I remember the day when it happened. I was 6, in nursery, my dad picked me up and took me straight to doctor, where had to drink iodine.
All were told that it is necessary, so we do not get cancer...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #453 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 19:46:59 »
Chernobyl

We are s0oooo  screwed..

Yep. I remember the day when it happened. I was 6, in nursery, my dad picked me up and took me straight to doctor, where had to drink iodine.

U r @ Scotland ?

Offline iri

« Reply #454 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 17:43:34 »
I know someone who grew up in the contamination zone. My best friend's wife.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #455 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 03:02:28 »
Chernobyl

We are s0oooo  screwed..

U r @ Scotland ?

I'm from Poland. But yeah, live in Scotland now.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 04:54:50 »
I'm from Poland. But yeah, live in Scotland now.

Ur thoughts on the Soviet Union ?

Haha, we would need to open new Thread for that:)
I really do not care about politics and the past. It is always hard to comment on something like that.
I was a kid during the time when Poland was in Communism, I didn't see anything wrong when was a kid, there were good and bad things I guess.
However, when you look at Charnobyl situation and how Russian government dealt with it, it is hard not to agree it was a disaster.

Have you heard about Kursk? There was also a movie about this accident. You would think that country would do everything for their citizens, but it's a whole different subject.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2019, 04:56:56 by phinix »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 14:29:12 »
Lots of kayaking videos.  I listened to one The Nine Club podcast episode, and now I can't get kayaking off my mind.  Lots of modding in that community too.

Offline iri

« Reply #459 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 04:35:06 »
csmertx's new hobby:

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #460 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 06:27:57 »
Reddit gif's

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #461 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 06:46:05 »
Reddit gif's

I see you're a man of culture.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #462 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 10:50:45 »
csmertx's new hobby:

(Attachment Link)

If there were more standing, fishing, 100% less children, and the common sense to steer AWAY from modern day dinosaurs.. yep, probably :))

Offline iri

« Reply #463 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 15:04:11 »
First I thought than standing and fishing in Florida will get you eaten by mosquitoes, but then I recalled what's it like in Russia...

222834-1

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #464 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 15:35:12 »
Yea, definitely implement some kind of mosquito avoidance plan.  Wish the same could be said for Siberian Tiger avoidance.  Or finding frozen water bottles in the house...

Exibit A: Tiger steals bumper off Jetta..

Offline iri

« Reply #465 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 15:49:14 »
Nah, tigers in Russia are chill.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #466 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 16:01:03 »
Can you imagine if they ran out of money to feed them?  RIP

edit - btw, Headwaters Kayak :thumb:  (still searching for an east coast or FL yt channel)
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 July 2019, 14:51:28 by csmertx »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #467 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 14:32:02 »
Been on a Larry David binge lately. He's pretty funny.

Pre-tty pre-tty funny

Offline phinix

« Reply #468 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 16:50:21 »
Just watched "Escape Room".
Kinda ok, similar to old Cube...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #469 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 17:04:28 »

Cube's prequel and sequel were both awful.

Cube was the best.

Haven't see xcape r00m yet

Offline phinix

« Reply #470 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 03:10:43 »

Cube's prequel and sequel were both awful.

Cube was the best.

Haven't see xcape r00m yet

Agree, original Cube was best, rest of it was totally crap.

Offline phinix

« Reply #471 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 10:40:38 »
Finished season 3 of Stranger Things.
I don't think that Hopper died, have a feeling that he went on the other side, maybe I'm wrong.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #472 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 11:41:14 »
House Judiciary Committee hearing just finished. House Intelligence Committee hearing set to begin in a few minutes

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #473 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 12:46:21 »
House Judiciary Committee hearing just finished. House Intelligence Committee hearing set to begin in a few minutes

What's the synopsis ?

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #474 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 12:59:32 »

What's the synopsis ?

No real new information. Just clarification and confirmation of the details of Mr. Mueller's report.

Representative Lieu of CA framed the obstruction of justice case that could be pursued once Trump is out of office.

Mueller clarified his conclusion, "that there was no evidence of a criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians during the 2016 election." He did this just prior to the House Intelligence hearing as in the House Judicial hearing, he answered affirmatively once or twice when asked, "I’d like to ask you the reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of OLC [Office of Legal Counsel] opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?”

The reason being that the former is the correct way to address the culpability of his findings as dictated by the special counsel appointment but the latter is also correct- probably for the obstruction case - which wouldn't constitute a "necessary and appropriate" prosecution, as the indictment can't be brought while he is in office. That is my understanding. Its ongoing
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2019, 21:22:06 by sncbraxsc2 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #475 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 02:10:42 »

Offline phinix

« Reply #477 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 09:44:56 »
Started Orange is a new black. Funny.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #479 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 10:43:12 »

thought this was for chix and lesbian chix.

So because a show has predominantly female characters, it's for 'chix and lesbian chix'?

The **** is wrong with you?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #480 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 10:59:15 »

So because a show has predominantly female characters, it's for 'chix and lesbian chix'?

The f is wrong with you. projecting your insecurities on others.

I said nothing about female characters, I've only heard from others , that the show was designed for women and particularly the lez theme appeals to lez women.

223537-0

223535-1

Offline iri

« Reply #481 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 11:56:17 »

Why are you talking to tp4? What's wrong with you?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #482 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 12:05:32 »
I finished "The Boys" a couple days ago; for as gory as it is, it's a refreshing take on Superheros, I was getting pretty tired of all the cookie cutter happy meal marvel films. Haven't caught up on "Peaky Blinders", it's okay. Like most series similar to it, it's interesting and novel in the first 1 or 2 seasons; then due to the characters' successes their future plights become mundane when they reach a certain scale.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #483 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 12:38:14 »
I finished "The Boys" a couple days ago; for as gory as it is, it's a refreshing take on Superheros, I was getting pretty tired of all the cookie cutter happy meal marvel films. Haven't caught up on "Peaky Blinders", it's okay. Like most series similar to it, it's interesting and novel in the first 1 or 2 seasons; then due to the characters' successes their future plights become mundane when they reach a certain scale.

I've seen up to season 2 of peaky,  not caught up. does it get better or worse.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #484 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 14:53:32 »
Finished up to season 11 of KOTH.  Not bad.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #485 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 16:08:16 »
anyone else watch its always sunny in philly

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #486 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 16:38:11 »

it's interesting and novel in the first 1 or 2 seasons; then due to the characters' successes their future plights become mundane when they reach a certain scale.

My feelings exactly. After a fierce and protracted story line, particularly when major characters get killed off, reviving interest and excitement with a new story in a new setting is very difficult.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #487 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 11:16:48 »
anyone else watch its always sunny in philly

I'm not caught up, but it's in the catalog of shows I watch and greatly enjoy.  :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #488 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 01:48:06 »
Been putting off watching The Boys because the trailers made it look terrible and cheesy, but it's actually kinda good. Binged the first 6 in two days, and am finishing it up tonight. Karl Urban is like the love child of Colin Farrell and Hugh Jackman, and the other dude is like a bootleg Bill Hader.
Good show, would recommend.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #489 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 10:21:12 »
Been putting off watching The Boys because the trailers made it look terrible and cheesy, but it's actually kinda good. Binged the first 6 in two days, and am finishing it up tonight. Karl Urban is like the love child of Colin Farrell and Hugh Jackman, and the other dude is like a bootleg Bill Hader.
Good show, would recommend.

Hrrrrrrmmm....... it doesn't look super popualr, but if NT says it's that good.. hrrrm.

img quality looks pretty good.. Good use of HDR,  not overblown.

You can tell it's shot on Red,  see it from a mile away. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #490 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 12:05:38 »
Gahh.. i like marvel bubble wrap super heroes better.

This is 2 real,  and all the secs stuff...

Agree with NT, the plot and acting is excellent, anyone who can stomach this sort of thing should watch it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #491 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 16:20:23 »
I think a lot of people are mad because it deviates greatly from the comic books plot. Probably the very same people who have never read the comic or heard of The Boys before the show.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #492 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 17:11:20 »
I think a lot of people are mad because it deviates greatly from the comic books plot. Probably the very same people who have never read the comic or heard of The Boys before the show.

Is the comic any good.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #493 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 17:35:40 »

Is the comic any good.

No idea :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #494 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 18:25:13 »
Eeek.... couldn't resist watching it..  on episode 4

Just quickly skipped over all the secs stuff.. similar strategy with Altered Carbon.. There is way to much of that, unnecessary.

Story is very good, the only unrealistic character seems to be starlight,  everyone else behaved logically..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #495 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 18:52:06 »
The HDR and SDR on this show look very similar..  the SDR has quite alot of crush.. Perhaps they graded the HDR then auto tonemapped , because the shadows are too deep in some places in the SDR stream.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #496 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 01:13:33 »
Watched the new Invader Zim movie last night and was very surprised by how good it actually was. They evolved the premise and characters to meet modern standards of character development instead of taking the easy route and just giving people more of the same. Very surprised, they did a great job. And the animation is good too.

Offline phinix

« Reply #497 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 05:35:59 »
Watched Brightburn - meeh.. maybe 5/10 I would score it.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #498 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 11:37:59 »
Catching up to a few decades worth of Treehouse of Horror episodes before teh Halloween.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #499 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 14:49:40 »
Watched Brightburn - meeh.. maybe 5/10 I would score it.

The deaths were cool. But the movie overall was meh and a bit slow at times. But what was the kid's motivation? Seemed like he was killing for no reason.