Author Topic: I truly love early 20th century Berlin | What is your favourite city?  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
In my opinion one of the most beautiful city's on earth. It has a certain charm to it. Do you have a favourite city?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: I truly love early 20th century Berlin | What is your favourite city?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 13:08:18 »
Prague stands out as the city I remember with the most personality. A lot going on, a cool medieval layout. Lost my virginity there.

The most charming city I've ever been to is easily Čze, France. A tourist trap to be sure, but enough charm to superseded all of that. Beautiful place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 13:10:11 »
I remember seeing something on the history channel about the monolithic concrete cities that Hitler was planning..

That looked pretty cool... although Concrete is... mmm...  I don't understand how they thought it would last // look good forever given how soft concrete is..   

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 13:13:59 »
I remember seeing something on the history channel about the monolithic concrete cities that Hitler was planning..

That looked pretty cool... although Concrete is... mmm...  I don't understand how they thought it would last // look good forever given how soft concrete is..

These pictures are showing a Berlin before word war 1. probably around 1900 to 1907. Just a guess. If it would be any later then 1909 there would have been cars all over the place.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2017, 13:34:26 by Olumin »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 01:40:12 »
I still have not been to Berlin, but would love to go. There is a certain appeal to Germany that i've had for quite a while. I would love to take my old Golf and drive there one day.

For me though, my favourite city at the moment is Amsterdam. Even with all the booze tourism and the obvious other sins, it still manages to be goddamn pretty.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 02:43:23 »
I still have not been to Berlin, but would love to go. There is a certain appeal to Germany that i've had for quite a while. I would love to take my old Golf and drive there one day.

For me though, my favourite city at the moment is Amsterdam. Even with all the booze tourism and the obvious other sins, it still manages to be goddamn pretty.

Of course..Of course...   Our -Katushkin- only goes for the family fun stuff..  None of that corruption is for Geekhack Users...

Geekhack Users are excellent, god fearing, Wholesome, human, beings.. !!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 02:54:15 »
Berlin has a special place in my heart since I studied abroad over there and made some really special friends but what you see up there is all gone. Bombed in WW2. Only the first one is still slightly there and that is only because the Dom on the left is still there and they are rebuilding the palace on the right from scratch.

Not sure what it would be right now. I want to see more of Tokyo in the next few years. Las Vegas maybe too but that is because I set my first steps there.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread