Author Topic: mouse that uses keyboard switches  (Read 1790 times)

Offline FOTANA

mouse that uses keyboard switches
« on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 08:37:31 »
anyone familiar if something like this ever been attempted?

Re: mouse that uses keyboard switches
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 09:43:18 »
These scientists we're so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should..

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/g2cbye/modified_logitech_g600_with_mx_cherry_speed/

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 09:45:09 »
Not exactly what you're looking for, but the Ploopy mouse has been on my radar..

https://www.ploopy.co/mouse

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline FOTANA

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 09:50:13 »

lol yeah its a weird idea and would require a totally custom mouse very & special custom keycaps as well as that would look bizarre; maybe like that tray you lay your finger in to get a pulse reading or whatever . . .

but would be nice to have a thockier option then the little thin sound of a mouse click; a more satisfying mouse click

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 17:49:10 »
Not really "keyboard switches" used for mice but ... Topre made a "Realforce Mouse" for which it had developed a special low-profile Topre switch for.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 14:08:09 »
These scientists we're so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should..

Why, in the name of all that is holy, would you linearize mouse buttons? Seems more to me like they knew that they shouldn't do it, ever, and that was precisely why they felt the need to.

way too much travel for mouse.

You could use choc switches. I think I could get on board with a choc jade mouse.

Not really "keyboard switches" used for mice but ... Topre made a "Realforce Mouse" for which it had developed a special low-profile Topre switch for.

A topre mouse? ... and now I need to feel it.

« Last Edit: Tue, 06 April 2021, 14:10:31 by Maledicted »

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 00:10:50 »
Personally, I just want a mouse that has the same feeling as those “tactile switches” they used in old Commodore mice. I love the thockiness, and the chunky feeling of the click. It just felt a whole lot more solid than microswitches.

But anyway, I’d 100% like a mouse using super light, low travel clickbar switches. It would feel pretty satisfying.
Nice.

Offline yui

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 05:07:30 »
way too much travel for mouse.
i dunno, my current trackball has about 1.5mm before the click so a speed switch should be about similar, i planed to use kailh choc on my next. and i think i used mice with similar travels, although i am not a leet gamer so maybe that would bother a cs pro
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)