Author Topic: Anyone watching Iron Fist on Netflix?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Anyone watching Iron Fist on Netflix?
« on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 00:03:34 »
I really dig the darker Marvel stuff. I am on Episode 4. I can not decide if I like the main guy though. His acting seems forced to me.

Really excited about it though!

Offline stoic-lemon

Re: Anyone watching Iron Fist on Netflix?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 00:58:08 »
Enjoying it, but it seems to be lacking something that makes me go WOW.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 01:01:50 »
Tried watching it, but stopped like halfway through episode one because it was boring as hell with ****ty acting and a forced plot.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 01:09:45 »
Just watched the trailer.. looks pretty cool..

The backstory sounds like -arrow- / -batman-   hahahaha.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 05:35:34 »
Episode 1 was hard to watch as everyone seemed like such a **** to our hero.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 13:55:02 »
Everything I have read says it's very underwhelming and boring with long-winded dialogue scenes of little consequence. But I haven't watched it yet, so maybe it's awesome!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:11:44 »
Tried watching it, but stopped like halfway through episode one because it was boring as hell with ****ty acting and a forced plot.

First two episodes have problems (though not as bad as everyone said to me), picks up in ep3, goes into overdrive in episode 6.  Not done yet, but instead of a lackluster finish (DD1/2/LC) or middle (JJ) seems like it has it's low point at the beginning.

Overall, seems more rushed than bad.  Especially if you give a martial arts lead with no martial arts experience, and without the advantage of a mask, 2 weeks of training before shooting, and 15-30 minutes to learn complicated fight choreography.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:13:29 by chuckdee »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 14:52:11 »
Enjoying it, but it seems to be lacking something that makes me go WOW.

Everything I have read says it's very underwhelming and boring with long-winded dialogue scenes of little consequence. But I haven't watched it yet, so maybe it's awesome!

Episode 1 was hard to watch as everyone seemed like such a **** to our hero.

It gets better but still not as good as Daredevil. I am excited about the Defenders and the Punisher.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:06:16 »
It's on a better arc, in my opinion.  Episode 9, about when the others seem to peter out (other than Jessica Jones) was just plain awesome, IMO.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 02:41:25 »
Ok, I am currently on the last episode. It isn't too bad, I feel like the story line is all over the place, the fighting isn't the best, and the the lead actor is a bit underwhelming. With all of that being said: I still enjoyed it.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 07:26:55 »
Might find this an interesting read:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/iron-fist/48013/iron-fist-finn-jones-and-jessica-henwick-interview

F: No, it was really intense. I moved to New York in March 2016 and had three weeks of prep, in the dojo doing martial arts and weight training every day, doing my best to reach the physical peak needed for the role. But then once the show started, the shooting schedule was insane - 12 to 14 hours every day, working 5-6 days a week. Body clock all over the place. The physical aspect became impossible to work on, so all my days off I'd just go to the gym and give it everything I'd go, but I'd be back filming again on Monday.

I barely had time to rehearse the fights in advance, it's kind of amazing when you see the show - I was learning 15 minutes before filming them. From that perspective I'm really proud of the work everyone's put in. I don't think people really understand how quickly this show was made. I've been doing this for a year now and it's interesting how my body has started approaching the material - we just did a massive fight for the Defenders and I was learning that on the day, but I just pick it up now.

They were rushing.  Especially as they didn't have the convenient expedient like in Daredevil of the mask.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 23:00:22 »
I'm halfway through episode 2 and I think I'll eventually watch it all. I'm a sucker for anything marvel.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 30 March 2017, 00:05:54 »
I'm halfway through episode 2 and I think I'll eventually watch it all. I'm a sucker for anything marvel.

It is for sure worth watching. I binge watched it the first weekend.

Offline mauri

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 17:13:30 »
It was good enough for me to binge through in a week but still pretty weak. Felt really rushed, the fighting scenes and such. Still, the netflix marvel universe is enjoyable.

Ward was probably my favorite character and the actor did a phenomenal job I think.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS