Author Topic: Do you like horses?  (Read 4504 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Do you like horses?
« on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:35:00 »
Who likes horses? And horseback riding?

I HATE IT
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Do you like horses?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:55:24 »
No and no. Gimme a dirt bike instead.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:57:14 »
hate is a strong word
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 13:01:06 »
Neigh
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 13:12:46 »
I like horses. Don't like riding.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:04:58 »
No and no. Gimme a dirt bike instead.

I do race cycling instead. **** 'm horsies.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:06:06 »
I just think they smell awful..

My significant other is into 'em. It's horrible. We have a luxury toyota avensis sport wagon that is my ****ing baby. She puts mud and sand and horse smell in my baby. I detail my baby, wax her up. Take care of her. Treat her gently. AND THEN SHE GETS HORSE SMEAR INTO IT.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:47:38 »
Ever notice how horses, regardless of which direction you look at them, are basically all ass?
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:48:44 »
Ever notice how horses, regardless of which direction you look at them, are basically all ass?

It's amazing!

Offline rustywok

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:10:47 »
I was forced into the horse culture when I was a kid. My dad drug me to horse shows, made me compete in barrel races (I sucked), show competition, some other stuff that has faded from memory. The super serious show horse people all wore these crazy outfits and had saddles that must have weighed over a hundred pounds due to all the silver medallions and buckles and whatever hanging off the poor horses. Haven't been on a horse since except when I visit friends in southern Oregon and ride the trails through the Coast Range. Then all that experience comes in handy. As for horses, I like them a lot. Except for the **** horses. They can suck a big one.     

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:33:21 »
I was forced into the horse culture when I was a kid. My dad drug me to horse shows, made me compete in barrel races (I sucked), show competition, some other stuff that has faded from memory. The super serious show horse people all wore these crazy outfits and had saddles that must have weighed over a hundred pounds due to all the silver medallions and buckles and whatever hanging off the poor horses. Haven't been on a horse since except when I visit friends in southern Oregon and ride the trails through the Coast Range. Then all that experience comes in handy. As for horses, I like them a lot. Except for the **** horses. They can suck a big one.   

I like horses on the "gentleman level". Where it adds to your style and manner, like classic dancing, being able to play snooker, and fountain pen writing, and the equine clothes.

I'm also into equine photography.

But riding them competitively... I just don't get it.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 17:40:55 »
FIERCE HORSE
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline iri

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 18:35:06 »

I like horses on the "gentleman level". Where it adds to your style and manner, like classic dancing, being able to play snooker, and fountain pen writing, and the equine clothes.
OK, I guess I have 20% on a 'gentleman level'.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 April 2017, 18:58:28 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 04:00:40 »
DO YOU LIKE MY EQUINE PHOTOGRAPHY YALL:

166352-0

166350-1

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 07:18:04 »
I had to spend multiple days at a hospital because of a horse, no not as a patient but horses owe me like 2 days of my life.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 07:22:46 »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 07:27:11 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

what cropping strategy did you use.

On the first picture?

yea .. or in general..

I'm not super into photography,  but I've always seen the math guys around me apply a bunch of golden ratio crops,  but the majority of the time, at least to me, the choice in Which application of which partitioning strategy still seems arbitrary.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 07:41:56 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

what cropping strategy did you use.

On the first picture?

yea .. or in general..

I'm not super into photography,  but I've always seen the math guys around me apply a bunch of golden ratio crops,  but the majority of the time, at least to me, the choice in Which application of which partitioning strategy still seems arbitrary.

From a photographer's perspective, cropping strategy depends on the desired / intended composition entirely, but for most use cases people rely on two heuristics:
1) rule of thirds: divide your frame in 3 columns and 3 rows, align interesting things on the intersection. For instance, horizon on 1st or 2nd row, in the middle is often considered boring. For portret photography (and horses, not sure whether I did it here), guideline is to have the eyes on an intersection
2) hyperfocal distance or "two thirds in" horizontal alignment for landscape photography. Typical, for landscape photography, the question always is where to focus. Many photographers use hyperfocal distance, which is argued to be the optimum sharpness for objects nearby and far away, but it is not "infinity".

In my case, I divide all interesting objects in a picture (like an algorithm in my head) and decide what I want to give attention. If that doesn't perfectly align with whatever rules the hipster photographers these days try to impose on you, f**k m. It's art, not math.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 22:13:23 »
I like horses.

I like them grilled.

You know that phrase "hungry enough to eat a horse"? ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 03:09:20 »
I like horses.

I like them grilled.

#Savage
Never tried horse meat, would actually like to try it once.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 15:44:11 »
I like horses.

I like them grilled.

#Savage

IT TASTES FAKKING GREAT.

Reminds me of a story.. you guys know we had this "beef turned out to be horse meat" scandal in Europe? Turns out we had a famous Dutch restaurant who were well-known for their beef steaks. As a matter of fact, all the gastronomy experts / insiders / magazines always rated the beef top knotch. TURNS OUT IT WAS HORSE MEAT ALL ALONG. Hahahaha

Offline iri

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 19:15:44 »
I like horses.

I like them grilled.

#Savage
-> Kazakhstan

-Ray Bradbury

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 19:54:48 »
I went horseback riding a few years ago. Hurt my ass and I was afraid the horse was going to knock me over after it reared.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 20:28:20 »
Naw man, **** horses

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:02:35 »
Naw man, **** horses

But but... last time I did horsie bite me.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:16:12 »
I try feeding horse a few times.. damn thing nearly took my hand off..  vegetarians my ass... they want blooood.. and they almost got ol' Tp4

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 07:17:06 »
I try feeding horse a few times.. damn thing nearly took my hand off..  vegetarians my ass... they want blooood.. and they almost got ol' Tp4

Typically male horses bite or are very aggressive in their eating.

Female horses are more relaxed and don't nearly bite as much as male horses.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 01:59:04 »

TYPICALLY ALL HORSES ARE ****S AND WILL DO **** ACTS BECAUSE THATS WHAT MASSIVE *****Y BEASTS DO

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 05:05:55 »

TYPICALLY ALL HORSES ARE ****S AND WILL DO **** ACTS BECAUSE THATS WHAT MASSIVE *****Y BEASTS DO

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 11:09:58 »

They have horses in Oz? :p

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 16:04:55 »

we have wild ones also and camels.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 16:13:10 »

we have wild ones also and camels.

WOULD THEY MOUNT ME?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 17:51:28 »
16mm is just best for horses. Yes it's not natural. BUT LOOK AT ALL THE SWAG. Like yo waddup gonna f**k you up b**tch. That's how horses look shot with 16mm. JUST LOOK:

167328-0

So majestic, so high AF.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 01:58:10 »
Still can't see anything but arse :p .

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 05:31:56 »

But I like arse :p

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:17:23 »

You like horse arse? xD

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:29:19 »

You like horse arse? xD

I bet you like horse raddish

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:32:15 »

Offline mBass

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 07:07:04 »
I hate horses. I would eat one out of spite if I could.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:16:17 »
MOAR HORSIE (MEDIUM OR WELL-DONE?):

167515-0