Author Topic: Anyone else have pet snakes? (Or other reptiles!) [PICS of course]  (Read 3537 times)

Offline vewy_nice

I have 3 snakes, but I just had my favorite (Don't tell the others), Mars, out for a bit. 
She's a young Blood python (A species of Short-tailed python) 
She's going to be huge some day.

Here's an album: 
https://imgur.com/a/DFaa4

I also have an Albino Western Hognose named Beef
https://i.imgur.com/C3HCNGF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/10tGzIy.jpg

And a big fat Ball python named Bubbs
https://i.imgur.com/GYTlmZ0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gTDQ9nG.jpg

My girlfriend has a Leopard gecko named Falkor (Yes, the luck dragon)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline captain

Re: Anyone else have pet snakes? (Or other reptiles!) [PICS of course]
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:21:38 »
I have an ex-spouse.
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 20:06:02 »
When I was a kid (in the 1960s) I had a wild-caught black rat snake, which lived about a year and a half, but never really thrived, and an iguana ("Iggy" of course) that lived about 3 years and doubled in size.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 20:11:16 »
Haven't had any herps for over a decade, but used to breed emerald tree boas and (briefly and terribly)Jackson's Chameleons. Very rewarding and heart-breaking experience at the same time.

The last herps I had as pets were a Cal. King x Honduran Milk named Herman who was very nice, and a Nile Monitor named Mr. Bip who was very mean.

All these dudes existed before digital cameras were any good, so all the pics of them are on film in a box in my mom's basement somewhere. :(

Nowadays I don't own one because the trip to the pet store for live food every week gets old super fast, and I am not raising crickets/maggots/mice in ANYWHERE I actually live ever again.

Your guys look very happy, good that you're handling them all and letting them explore. That hoggy is adorable.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 20:15:00 by noisyturtle »

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 22:53:54 »
I had a California King, 4ft. Had to give him away when I moved. His name was Thtebe as he had a speech impediment.

TBH, I don't miss him. Getting food was a chore as not many places in NYC sell mice, and he was too stinky for a tiny NY apt. Snakes stank up a small place pretty quickly.

He went to a good home, he's called Morse now. Probably doesn't even remember me.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 04:34:33 »
All Aussies do, I would imagine - whether they like it or not :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 07:21:41 »
I had a California King, 4ft. Had to give him away when I moved. His name was Thtebe as he had a speech impediment.

TBH, I don't miss him. Getting food was a chore as not many places in NYC sell mice, and he was too stinky for a tiny NY apt. Snakes stank up a small place pretty quickly.

He went to a good home, he's called Morse now. Probably doesn't even remember me.

I love talking to peeps with lithps ,  it's soothing and makes me smile.. 

If 20% of the population had a lisp, there'd be no more wars.