Author Topic: [Petition] Ask Corsair to keep their old logo - NEED YOUR SUPPORT GUYS  (Read 17247 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: [Petition] Ask Corsair to keep their old logo - NEED YOUR SUPPORT GUYS
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 18:51:13 »
Personally I never really cared for their old logo, but the new one is just atrocious. Not sure who their target audience is with the tribal stuff, because the folks who like that kinda stuff generally aren't tech-heads either, or if they are it's strictly competitive gaming and they happen to be 11 years old. It's just a baffling move from a company who in the past seemed to pride themselves on having an understated elegance. That's why customers are upset. If people wanted gaudy tribal **** all over their rigs they'd be buying Razer or any of the other countless tech manufacturer that already use that stale fashion platform.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 18:54:52 »
you guys are still going to buy their **** so who the hell cares?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 19:42:10 »

nuh unnn  I haven't bought a corsair **** , crap.. I bought their ram on sale.. n0000000000...

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 19:53:08 »
I quite like corsair products.   The tramp stamp is certainly not a good match for the brand image that they have created.   I'd love to see them step into a professional quality keyboard in the %60 space but it's pretty clear that their target market is 12 year old boys that think 1980's retro tribal tattoo are cool....

The motif confuses me personally but I'm not  a 12 year old boy.   I am though the part of the market that actually buys $200 keyboards.     I expect a $200 keyboard to last a long time and fit in on the job or at home for play.   It should be practical, rugged, and aesthetically pleasing.   

On an up note I ordered a cherry bro poker 2 and a nice aluminum case from qtan today so now all I have to do is wait patiently and decide which pcb to choose from for a custom build.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 19:57:38 »
I quite like corsair products.   The tramp stamp is certainly not a good match for the brand image that they have created.   I'd love to see them step into a professional quality keyboard in the %60 space but it's pretty clear that their target market is 12 year old boys that think 1980's retro tribal tattoo are cool....

The motif confuses me personally but I'm not  a 12 year old boy.   I am though the part of the market that actually buys $200 keyboards.     I expect a $200 keyboard to last a long time and fit in on the job or at home for play.   It should be practical, rugged, and aesthetically pleasing.   

On an up note I ordered a cherry bro poker 2 and a nice aluminum case from qtan today so now all I have to do is wait patiently and decide which pcb to choose from for a custom build.

um... m0re 12 yr old boys buy $200 keyboards than do adults who buy $200 keyboards..

strategy  nag nag nag nag nag  Cha-ching, thx mom...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 19:58:16 »

True, good thing everything I buy from them is internal ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 20:01:38 »

internal ?   corsair kidneys ?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 20:08:45 »

Show Image

ram chips like potato chips.

I actually don't think I have any corsair stuff, but I always thought that sails logo was pretty "dope".

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 20:25:27 »

Show Image

ram chips like potato chips.

I actually don't think I have any corsair stuff, but I always thought that sails logo was pretty "dope".

after doing a serious comparison of  corsair fans vs gentle typhoon..   corsair fans are such a rip-off..

Offline keyton

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 20:55:34 »
Corsair cases FTW!

Offline Igthorn

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 21:58:14 »
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132640

We hear You.

As many of you know we launched our new Corsair Gaming line of peripherals this week. We’ve received a ton of feedback on the products and new logo. We are amazed and humbled by the passion our customers have for the original Corsair sails logo. The ship + sails are here to stay and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products.

However, we know many of you prefer the classic logo on our keyboards, and you’ve made your voices heard. For those of you looking for the new K70 RGB with the original sails logo, it’s currently available in North America from Newegg – just look for the SKU CH-9000063-NA. What’s more, as a direct result of your feedback, we will continue to sell and manufacture the Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches, with the sails logo, via select retailers and Corsair.com.

Let’s keep talking!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 22:19:11 »
So this is their original response:

Well then... this is getting more and more interesting.

Show Image

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=729690&postcount=12
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132520

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2hesz6/corsair_forum_response_to_the_hate_of_the_new/

Now they've turned into this:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132640

We hear You.

As many of you know we launched our new Corsair Gaming line of peripherals this week. We’ve received a ton of feedback on the products and new logo. We are amazed and humbled by the passion our customers have for the original Corsair sails logo. The ship + sails are here to stay and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products.

However, we know many of you prefer the classic logo on our keyboards, and you’ve made your voices heard. For those of you looking for the new K70 RGB with the original sails logo, it’s currently available in North America from Newegg – just look for the SKU CH-9000063-NA. What’s more, as a direct result of your feedback, we will continue to sell and manufacture the Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches, with the sails logo, via select retailers and Corsair.com.

Let’s keep talking!

So it's been 3 days since launch, I guess they turned 180 compare to their first response regarding "we have a plan" and not going to listen to "insignificant numbers".

Honestly Yellowbeard (Corsair Forum Rep) should get fired, they really could've dealt with this nicely in the first place.

Though the rep Corsair Dustin actually represented what a good PR should've been.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline RED-404

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 22:21:23 »
The old logo is actually relevant to their name. The new one not so much.

To the people mentioning the Corsair PSU's.
Corsairs PSU's are all made by Seasonic, Channel Well(CWT) & Flextronics. Edit: I forgot Chicony Power Technology and the CS series is made by GreatWall.

Interestingly, I have never seen a bad Seasonic PSU I know they have to go bad I just have yet to catch one in the wild.

Oh, and not so many years ago the majority of Corsair products were crap, they just managed to dig themselves out of that ditch without anybody noticing.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 September 2014, 22:36:43 by RED-404 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:01:08 »
The old logo is actually relevant to their name. The new one not so much.

To the people mentioning the Corsair PSU's.
Corsairs PSU's are all made by Seasonic, Channel Well(CWT) & Flextronics. Edit: I forgot Chicony Power Technology and the CS series is made by GreatWall.

Interestingly, I have never seen a bad Seasonic PSU I know they have to go bad I just have yet to catch one in the wild.

Oh, and not so many years ago the majority of Corsair products were crap, they just managed to dig themselves out of that ditch without anybody noticing.

Seasonic Units that do go bad, are usually the ones where the Buyer forces them to reduce costs...

They've always had a good standard out of the gate.. but they can only do so much if buyers WANT an inferior product.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:03:15 »
new logo gave you 10wpm more and you guys ruined it.

i hope you like your ****ty branding more than l33tn3ss, n00bz
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 23:04:36 »
new logo gave you 10wpm more and you guys ruined it.

i hope you like your ****ty branding more than l33tn3ss, n00bz

dmk.. wtf man.. your trolling has become non coherent... 

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 00:17:43 »
Good luck changing the world with a poll.

Speacking of polls.  How DO you do polls here?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 00:21:01 »
The logo change is only going to be on boards with reds...and i ****ing hate reds. I was seriously contemplating picking one with blues up.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 00:24:38 »

Yeah mods, how DO you make a poll here?  :rolleyes:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 00:40:12 »

Step 1: become mod
Step 2: create poll
Step 3: ? ? ? ? ? ?
Step 4: profit
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 00:41:41 »
They've always had a good standard out of the gate.. but they can only do so much if buyers WANT an inferior product.

They're (Corsair) still selling PSU's at the same prices but have strived to reduce the quality much like Razer have done with their entire range of products.

It's ALWAYS the manufacturer who cuts corners on quality and durability because how can 'planned obsolescence' work if every one of your products last's for years?  Welcome to 2014/15 where manufacturers are no longer gullible when it comes to extracting maximum profits from their customers  ;D .

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 08:48:42 »
Damn that's horrible, signed. I have a lot of Corsair stuff as well, love the ship's sails logo.

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:26:05 »

Step 1: become mod
Step 2: create poll
Step 3: ? ? ? ? ? ?
Step 4: profit

So only Moderators can create polls?

Why is that?

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:34:59 »
That logo is truly terrible. It is like they intentionally made it to look cheap.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 11:09:00 »
That logo is truly terrible. It is like they intentionally made it to look cheap.

well... that's unfair to the logo..

The perverse use of emblems of that type above butt cracks is what makes it look cheap...

The logo itself if unassociated with buttcrackage is sound all to itself..

Offline bianco

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 11:40:37 »
signed.

Offline Battou62

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 11:47:43 »
I would pay extra if they removed all logos. I hate advertising for people and not getting paid for it :P

Offline RED-404

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 17:21:46 »
I would pay extra if they removed all logos. I hate advertising for people and not getting paid for it :P

I debadge everything I can. Note to self, kill the stupid samsung logo on my monitor.

Although it could be worse, do they advertise all their products when you call their support line. Nothing pisses me off more than calling a support line only to sit in queue hearing all about the amazing products I could buy only to have to call this ****ing line because the damn thing doesn't work or is missing a part.
BTW, just got a new Sleep Number bed...  >:D

Free guaranteed, 7 day shipping.  Doesn't ship for 3 weeks, then charges my CC for shipping without telling me, only to ship without all the parts. Then, if you want to add a second remote that came will all their past beds, but not with the i8 king. No sir, that only comes with the i10 sir, that will be $140, $170 with shipping sir. Little p.o.s. remote is worth $5 max its a SoC with a cheap LCD screen in a cheap brittle plastic case.

In hindsight Corsair can do whatever they want with the logo as long as they don't become complete *******s.

Well, that was a nice little offtopic'ish rant

Offline Coreda

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 17:27:24 »
This surely isn't a company re-branding, but for the keyboard line only, right? There's no way in hell they've changed their official logo to that.

Edit: yeah, only the gaming line. Still is a silly looking 'logo'.

well... that's unfair to the logo..

The perverse use of emblems of that type above butt cracks is what makes it look cheap...

The logo itself if unassociated with buttcrackage is sound all to itself..
Show Image

The logo mark objectively is terrible. It's typical of that phase of awful and crudely made 'designs' from the mid-2000s where random ornaments would be overlaid and made symmetrical, mostly used for products like teenage backpacks and random junk. The typeface by itself is fine, they should have made a better logo mark though (if any).
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 September 2014, 17:33:15 by Coreda »

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 04:22:17 »
"We have a plan. We're going to reprint the original logo on all our gaming gear once we've tested how this goes with the Cherry MX Red switches. If all goes well, we'll reprint the old logo on all our gaming gear, but jack up the price. That's our plan. We heard you guys, alright. We heard that cash cha-ching."

If Corsair was Razer or something. Who knows.
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 12:34:34 »

They're (Corsair) still selling PSU's at the same prices but have strived to reduce the quality much like Razer have done with their entire range of products.

It's ALWAYS the manufacturer who cuts corners on quality and durability because how can 'planned obsolescence' work if every one of your products last's for years?  Welcome to 2014/15 where manufacturers are no longer gullible when it comes to extracting maximum profits from their customers  ;D .

Which model lines are you talking about, the lower end units or the HX/AX?  My 4-5 year old HX1000 is still purring along, I'd be rather upset if the HX/AX aren't as good when it comes time to upgrade my whole system.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 14:30:44 »
I don't get whats so bad about it, not that I'm going to be buying any corsair products anytime soon anyway but that is besides the point.

Clearly corsair wants us to see our keyboards as weapons so by throwing dual swords out there we will be inspired to go for the win, every time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 14:50:27 »

Which model lines are you talking about, the lower end units or the HX/AX?  My 4-5 year old HX1000 is still purring along, I'd be rather upset if the HX/AX aren't as good when it comes time to upgrade my whole system.

I recall the only bad HX is the 650 - 800...  for a short period of time after the initially (GOOD hx620)...

The HX1000s have always been good because it'd been the flagship product and had massive premiums charged to ensure quality components.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 14:51:30 »
I don't get whats so bad about it, not that I'm going to be buying any corsair products anytime soon anyway but that is besides the point.

Clearly corsair wants us to see our keyboards as weapons so by throwing dual swords out there we will be inspired to go for the win, every time.

Klingon Swords !

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 14:51:58 »

Klingon Swords !

Doesn't get any cooler than that either.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 15:07:16 »
The logo mark objectively is terrible. It's typical of that phase of awful and crudely made 'designs' from the mid-2000s where random ornaments would be overlaid and made symmetrical, mostly used for products like teenage backpacks and random junk. The typeface by itself is fine, they should have made a better logo mark though (if any).
That's a very bold claim. I wonder if I am mistaking your irony or hyperbole.

You say it's "objectively terrible" but by what objective standard? I can only think of subjective aesthetic ideals, but if objective ones do exist, than I fail to see how they would apply to a logo. Just because it evokes negativity for you does not mean it's obvectively anything.

I do agree wholeheartedly that it's subjectively a pretty poor logo.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 16:13:14 »
That's a very bold claim. I wonder if I am mistaking your irony or hyperbole.

You say it's "objectively terrible" but by what objective standard? I can only think of subjective aesthetic ideals, but if objective ones do exist, than I fail to see how they would apply to a logo. Just because it evokes negativity for you does not mean it's obvectively anything.

Think of it this way: a person may like or dislike various key switches and boards, and that's typically a subjective opinion and taste, regardless of the objective construction/purpose of the item. Given a few years though a person may spend a great deal of time understanding the history, mechanics, build quality, workmanship, etc, behind the keyboard products they encounter, and can more easily spot objectively poor designs from good. Even if they mightn't like the product for their own use, for example, they may be able to tell from their experience something is otherwise still a solid design.

I'm typically not one to criticize such things online (truely), but honestly it's easy to see not much thought or draftsmanship is behind this logo, as there's a history of praiseworthy design of penmanship, lettering, font and logo design over the past several hundred years to compare the quality to (although I'm only talking of the logo mark here, the type is fine).

But more than anything to me it's just clear how it was made - it's practically obvious when you've experienced enough of them. That's why I made the remark about the mid-2000s design trend of merging together semi-ornate vectors and mirroring them to be symmetrical, because it shows here. It was designed without a lot of consideration or draftsmanship, and made to look a way the designer thought would be appealing to the gamer crowd, which judging by the feedback hasn't succeeded. I wouldn't really call it a subjective opinion.

That said I'm sure there would be some that like the design, and that's fine too. With more experience of anything comes a better appreciation and discernment of things though.