Author Topic: How do people with jobs find time to go to the gym?  (Read 7839 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
How do people with jobs find time to go to the gym?
« on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 01:48:59 »
Suppose you are working 48-60hrs a week, 6 days a week, and work until midnight. How the hell are you supposed to find time to go to the gym?
I genuinely do not understand how people find the time or energy. Explain this to me.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: How do people with jobs find time to go to the gym?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 04:09:46 »
Suppose you are working 48-60hrs a week, 6 days a week, and work until midnight. How the hell are you supposed to find time to go to the gym?
I genuinely do not understand how people find the time or energy. Explain this to me.
1) Gym rats don't really live for anything else.
2) Who the hell works that much? Oo I mean I did more than that during my PhD obviously but that was a temporary situation. (Come to think of it, I still went swimming five times a week even then)
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 04:55:50 »
2) Who the hell works that much? Oo I mean I did more than that during my PhD obviously but that was a temporary situation. (Come to think of it, I still went swimming five times a week even then)
Quite a lot actually.

Resident doctors, new lawyers, truckers, I.T., health care workers, sometimes teachers, and of course, independent business owners, especially new ones. Starting my last company, 80 hours would have been a dream.

Also military,
There's times where 72 hours was the norm and you were encouraged to "get at least 6 hours of sleep twice a week".
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 09:18:39 »
From a European perspective, those work hours are totally bonkers. I can understand if you are running your own business or you're a workaholic that takes on responsibility voluntarily, but it should never be dumped on regular workers: that's just abuse.

When I've had office jobs (job at all), I've had co-workers that went to the gym right before work, right after work or during the lunch break. Cliques formed at work that often went together.
The keys here were that hours were reasonable (40h work week), with some flexibility (allowing long lunch break) and that the gyms were located within short walking distance from the office.
A few times the employer encouraged people to to exercise by sponsoring them (tax-free benefit) and/or brokering a deal with a local gym for reduced membership fees. It was viewed as an investment: healthier workers are more productive workers.

But yeah. I've even had a gym membership that I never used because at the end of the day I just wanted to get some food and some alone-time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 12:14:52 »
They don't

They join January, and stop going 2 weeks later.

The only people who maintain live within walkable distance like 2-5 minutes.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 17:51:25 »
From a European perspective, those work hours are totally bonkers. I can understand if you are running your own business or you're a workaholic that takes on responsibility voluntarily, but it should never be dumped on regular workers: that's just abuse.
A lot of those jobs are a lot waiting around or figuring things out, after hours light work or just piddly stuff you either couldn't do during normal hours or just has to get done at some point, it's not like most of those jobs  are the same as spending 80 hours digging ditches, but still.

Resident docs though, they do work their a$$es off, luckily it's not long term but many end up abusing drugs to get through it. It's rampant, especially the anesthesiologists because they know how much and how often they can do it safely (at first). It's all kind of a poorly kept secret in drug testing circles and hospitals.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 18:48:32 »

When I've had office jobs (job at all), I've had co-workers that went to the gym right before work, right after work or during the lunch break. Cliques formed at work that often went together.
The keys here were that hours were reasonable (40h work week), with some flexibility (allowing long lunch break) and that the gyms were located within short walking distance from the office.
A few times the employer encouraged people to to exercise by sponsoring them (tax-free benefit) and/or brokering a deal with a local gym for reduced membership fees. It was viewed as an investment: healthier workers are more productive workers.

But yeah. I've even had a gym membership that I never used because at the end of the day I just wanted to get some food and some alone-time.

Just 2 jobs I work 6.5 days a week. One is a remote CRM thing, and the other is just a grocery store gig. I average about 60hrs a week working, and only barely make enough to cover my bills every month with zero savings. Welcome to America.
I want to move out of the area I'm in because it is so expensive, but I literally cannot afford to take any time off and have no savings to make the move. It's basically a trap.

But I'd really love to find any time for the gym. Even just like 2-3hrs a week would be great.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 November 2023, 07:05:04 »
I want to move out of the area I'm in because it is so expensive, but I literally cannot afford to take any time off and have no savings to make the move. It's basically a trap.

But I'd really love to find any time for the gym. Even just like 2-3hrs a week would be great.

This resonates with Tp4's experience with human cities.  Much like the Night-City of Cyberpunk Edgerunners,  The Cities are a Prison to all but its staff and warden. 

EVEN then, the people at the top are themselves slaves to the same system.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 November 2023, 08:28:25 »

even as an american this seems a little nutty
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 November 2023, 08:30:01 »

Just 2 jobs I work 6.5 days a week. One is a remote CRM thing, and the other is just a grocery store gig. I average about 60hrs a week working, and only barely make enough to cover my bills every month with zero savings. Welcome to America.

are there any opportunities at your jobs you can take advantage of for exercise? like walking the aisles at the grocery store for a few minutes or something like that? better than nothing
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 08:51:52 »
I go late at night

Offline iri

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 28 November 2023, 04:23:35 »
I am not American so I work reasonable hours. Gym is in the afternoon, at work, three times a week.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline funkmon

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 28 November 2023, 11:00:10 »
I'm sorry - did you just say the gym is at work?]

Offline iri

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 29 November 2023, 05:08:01 »
I did
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 29 November 2023, 07:26:34 »
My ex-wife worked in a building with a small gym in the basement. It used to be more common, but it may be coming back.

Larger companies (in large buildings) are much more likely to have the faciliites.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 30 November 2023, 05:50:50 »
Used to go to the uni gym as well, or the uni swimming pool, while I was doing my PhD.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 02 December 2023, 01:51:54 »
Why do people even want jobs,  jobs = sucks.
 >:D

I don't think anyone WANTS a job, but you NEED a job.

People who have never worked for anything, and don't have jobs but still have money, are losers.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 December 2023, 08:21:39 »
People who have never worked for anything, and don't have jobs but still have money, are losers.
Or the 0.01%.
Like it or not they're rarely losers.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 01:41:23 »
Or the 0.01%.

It is a matter of perspective. If all being a winner means to you is having money, than sure.
But to me, someone with no skills, no education, no work history, and had everything handed over to them, are absolutely losers. Stupid, ignorant of the World, blissfully ignorant of empathy, can't even do their own laundry or prepare a meal. That's a total loser in my book.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 06:50:56 »
sure but id take being one of them over my current life any day lol. im grateful and all but cmon man

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 07:52:40 »
Or the 0.01%.

It is a matter of perspective. If all being a winner means to you is having money, than sure.
But to me, someone with no skills, no education, no work history, and had everything handed over to them, are absolutely losers. Stupid, ignorant of the World, blissfully ignorant of empathy, can't even do their own laundry or prepare a meal. That's a total loser in my book.

NT, you are inventing some movie-style villain as the pivot for your personal persecution-complex.

There are very few such people, and if they are as ineffective as your imagination prescribes, then they are of no importance and have 0 impact on your life. The insulation of their "wealth" would also resolve such that the probability of meeting them is 0.

The other possibility
from the Gekha-Audience's perspective is that your persistent philippic is a trope of self-deprecating humor to ameliorate some debilitating mental illness, or to invert the roles of reality as to curse your own inutility despite all the opportunities handed to you.

In any case, socio-economic inequality is an inefficiency within our organizational machinery. It's not an innate evil, which might not exist in any form outside of an illness. It happens because most human beings, born lucky or not, are myopic morons.

We will eat the rich eventually, it's happened repeatedly in history.

Even if we don't, The digital AI-Divinity is almost upon us, fret not flesh bags, Evolution is near. It is far better to live as a drone than a mediocre hughmahn.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 08:46:17 »

socio-economic inequality is an inefficiency within our organizational machinery. It's not an innate evil

I would argue that it is an evil, actually 2 evils.
The first was set up when our country was created with its foundational wrongs to accommodate slavery, and the second occurs continuously when people exploit the gaps for their own enrichment at the expense of others.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 10:02:49 »
The sad answer is you either have to play the game as the rules are written or play a different game. If you choose to chase money and the American dream there is rules that our culture has put in place on what defines success (The house, the car, the vacations, the watches, etc) and getting there is a matter of luck and connections more than hard work.

Or you play a different game and understand money is a means to needs and if your job allows you to do the things you want to do (within bounds) and you willingly forgo the paper chase and lower your expectations of what a good life looks like, your perspective can change. Social media really warped perceptions of what wealthy/comfortable looks like.

As a car person my FYP on social media is a lot of cars. I love older cars that are somewhat attainable (sub 30k). Your older Euro, JDM, etc. But what I get served is 1m+ hypercars and all these posts talking about "Making it" once you have your Lambo. We are telling people unless you drive a $250k+ car or live in a mansion in LA you need to grind more. This is such a warped view on reality. There are 300+ million people in the US, 299 million of us will probably never sit in a lambo, much less own it. I drive a 2008 legacy GT Specb that I bought for less than 20k and I smile every time I drive it. Rain, sun, or snow it's a blast. By changing my perception of what your dream is, you can change how you feel about your life.

We gotta stop pretending that if you don't have a million in the bank, you are just lazy. The US economy is run by rich people who only want to get richer off the labor of the lower classes. Until the Govt is run by everyday people who enact change that benefits the rest of the 99% and not financially connected mouthpieces for the wealthy, we will have this situation. The best thing regular folks can do is change our expectations on what we need to do to be happy.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline iri

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 10:34:50 »
If you choose to chase money and the American dream there is rules that our culture has put in place on what defines success (The house, the car, the vacations, the watches, etc)
wow i'm successful

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 11:09:39 »
If you choose to chase money and the American dream there is rules that our culture has put in place on what defines success (The house, the car, the vacations, the watches, etc)
wow i'm successful

Not fair, you're British. Also, even if those are all rented/leased/mortgaged it doesn't matter because you have it and others don't. Don't look man (loans/debts) behind the large curtain.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 14:20:06 »

socio-economic inequality is an inefficiency within our organizational machinery. It's not an innate evil

I would argue that it is an evil, actually 2 evils.
The first was set up when our country was created with its foundational wrongs to accommodate slavery, and the second occurs continuously when people exploit the gaps for their own enrichment at the expense of others.

This happens because most hughmahns are morons, exploitation and excess is the equivalent of NOT-seeing the bigger picture, it does not indicate an innate desire to do harm/evil.

Human beings are born on a normal distribution for intelligence, it's an unfortunate mathematical certainty that most are idiots. The problem is further compounded by the fact that our existing evolution is not equipped to empathize with more than a village of 200, when the cancer that is man has ballooned to billions in the blink of geological time. Famine and irradiated surface life is the most probable outcome, but Tp4 is still relatively optimistic.
  :cool:

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 06:38:36 »
wow i'm successful

Not fair, you're British. Also, even if those are all rented/leased/mortgaged it doesn't matter because you have it and others don't. Don't look man (loans/debts) behind the large curtain.

Pros: British
Cons: British

Offline iri

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 06:40:26 »
wow i'm successful

Not fair, you're British
Well **** :C

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 06:41:06 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 06:44:41 »
idk u get free healthcare and ur late queen had some sick ass cars

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 11:05:24 »
Pros: British
There are pros in that?

You got a lot of fun cars that America didn't. Specially the Gen4 Subaru Legacy spec.B (Liberty) with the EZ30 + 6 Speed from the STi. Only Japan and UK markets got those.
Also your govt has basic consumer protections that the US thinks capitalism will just fix itself (it doesn't).

Offline iri

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 13:13:00 »
idk u get free healthcare
Most of the world does though.

You got a lot of fun cars that America didn't. Specially the Gen4 Subaru Legacy spec.B (Liberty) with the EZ30 + 6 Speed from the STi.
Quote from: autocar
The hydraulic power steering has more weight for the Spec B and feels accurate and responsive, but feel is poor
:(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 16:03:22 »
Quote from: autocar
The hydraulic power steering has more weight for the Spec B and feels accurate and responsive, but feel is poor
:(
[/quote]

I wonder how much of that is due to pricepoint. The SpecB was in BMW 3 series price ranges so they often get compared. But also said to hear those smearing the name of the Spec B.

Offline arcx

• lurking since 18'
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 18:26:37 »
You will never "find the time" to workout or pursue anything out of your regularly scheduled day.

The only way to make change is to literally schedule it into a calendar like you are setting up a medical appointment. This way you have a better chance of actually going to it.

Scheduling after work will probably  lower the chances considering everyone just wants to go home. I find scheduling it at the beginning of the day or during lunch the best.

2-3 hours a week of dedicated fitness time should be enough for the average person. Thats 2-3 "skipped" lunches where you eat at your desk or in the car. Or  2-3 early mornings when you wake up before the sun.

Zephyr | Abel X | Ares

Offline iri

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 07 December 2023, 10:38:46 »
Thats 2-3 "skipped" lunches where you eat at your desk or in the car.
Why would you torture yourself like this.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 13 December 2023, 06:54:11 »
Thats 2-3 "skipped" lunches where you eat at your desk or in the car.
Why would you torture yourself like this.

gains

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 13 December 2023, 17:02:33 »
I have both gains and normal lunches.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 02:26:06 »

I'm surrounded by teen-20 something year old kids who eat 3500-4k calories a day talking about how they are losing weight.
Meanwhile I have a cup of coffee and a stick of jerky all day, and gain 5lbs.

Life is a ****ing scam.

Offline iri

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 03:11:00 »
Your scales are ****.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 03:29:35 »
Your scales are ****.

Nah bro, my scales are built using Mandolin Crystals.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 20 December 2023, 08:03:21 »

i dont eat lunch at all and sometimes dont eat breakfast and am still (   .   )
help

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 26 December 2023, 20:28:29 »

Same but I also workout like 10 hours plus weekly

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 26 December 2023, 21:25:00 »

That's ****ing berserk wtf. That's like Marvel Movie training, do you compete or anything like that?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 26 December 2023, 21:51:40 »

That's ****ing berserk wtf. That's like Marvel Movie training, do you compete or anything like that?

Can't let the demons win.

But in all honesty, it's a routine at this point. It's fun

Offline Mandan

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 29 January 2024, 20:52:55 »
I set up my own gym at home. 

Offline Kavik

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 17:14:33 »
I set up a garage gym a few years ago because I was tired of crappy equipment and people's taking the rack I was using when I went to the bathroom or got a drink.

When I went to a commercial gym, I usually went around 9 PM on weekdays and sometime in the early afternoon on weekends. In my garage gym, I usually have the same schedule. I've tried working out in the mornings, but I just can't wake up early consistently, and I prefer working out at the end of the day so that I don't run into a hard stop before the workout is over.

I've tried the lunch break thing, but then I don't get to eat lunch or do chores or errands.

BUUUUUT, if you don't like working out or aren't in the mindset, you're not going to do it whether you have the time or not. I've been struggling with that a lot lately. I am just tired all the time, so I don't feel like going out to the garage and putting in the work. Once I actually get out there and start, I'm usually fine.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 17:35:47 »
I have figured out a routine that works for me: Exercising vigorously in my bedroom after work at around midnight for 30mins before I jump in the shower. 30 mins, 6x a week.

I have crunched the time numbers, and have so many times over the last 2 weeks made good intentions to go to the gym instead of working out at home. But it simply is too much hassle. If I were to go to the gym it would turn my convenient 30 minute workout into a drawn out 80min+ pain in the ass to get ready and get to/from the gym.

It just doesn't ****ing work. There is simply no time for me to go. If I had equipment at home it would be 100% doable.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 18:54:15 »
I have figured out a routine that works for me: Exercising vigorously in my bedroom after work at around midnight for 30mins before I jump in the shower. 30 mins, 6x a week.

I have crunched the time numbers, and have so many times over the last 2 weeks made good intentions to go to the gym instead of working out at home. But it simply is too much hassle. If I were to go to the gym it would turn my convenient 30 minute workout into a drawn out 80min+ pain in the ass to get ready and get to/from the gym.

It just doesn't ****ing work. There is simply no time for me to go. If I had equipment at home it would be 100% doable.

Home gym equipment can be found for relatively solid pricing on Facebook marketplace or OfferUp

Offline iri

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 04 February 2024, 05:10:43 »
I'd get used kettlebells, they are very versatile for home gymming.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Kavik

« Reply #50 on: Sun, 04 February 2024, 11:55:36 »

Home gym equipment can be found for relatively solid pricing on Facebook marketplace or OfferUp

I was going to suggest Titan Fitness because it used to be insanely cheap (if one didn't care about some minor hand-fitting or RMAing certain pieces), but I just checked the website, and everything is approaching Rogue prices. I got my power rack shipped to my house for $306.10 in 2018.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 05 February 2024, 09:19:11 »

I'm surrounded by teen-20 something year old kids who eat 3500-4k calories a day talking about how they are losing weight.
Meanwhile I have a cup of coffee and a stick of jerky all day, and gain 5lbs.

Life is a ****ing scam.

the last month or so my appetite has been really reduced for some reason and I've lost 7 lbs so far. dunno how or why but hopefully im finally getting that teenage boy metabolism i was always promised

Offline iri

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 05 February 2024, 16:04:28 »
I hope it isn't drugs :p

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 06:37:27 »
I hope it isn't drugs :p

Oh yaeh forgot to mention ive gotten into meth lately

Offline pelfox

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 13:20:31 »
walking my dog has become my favorite alternative to the gym. it's a peaceful way to stay active while enjoying the outdoors plus, the companionship. it's a simple yet effective way to incorporate exercise into my routine without the pressure of a formal workout and I just lift in my garage (work night shifts)
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 26 March 2024, 09:48:50 »
I am in week 3 or 4 of early morning workouts. It is the only way I can fit it into my life comfortably. I wake up at 5 and spend about 50-60 minutes on the treadmill. My day is easier to ease into and my pants fit a bit better. The only downside is my bedtime is now 9:30-10PM instead of 11.

I am the type of person who once they are home after work will only leave if forced (kid's activity, etc). I just can't bring myself to work out after the work day.