Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 12106 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
No Man's Sky
« on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 01:04:44 »
Anyone got it?  Anyone playing it?

None of my PCs come anywhere near being able to run it, but I like what I see so far.

Several reviews say that it is mostly an exploration game similar to Minecraft.  I like Minecraft and the exploration aspect of it particularly, plus I like space games, so I get a feeling that I would quite like No Man's Sky.

Anyone found any particularly interesting flora or fauna?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SRTroN

Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 02:04:30 »
I was really excited about this but I'm glad I held off on preordering. It looks like they didn't finish it in time and I hear a lot of people saying that there isn't really any content.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 02:16:48 »
I was really excited about this but I'm glad I held off on preordering. It looks like they didn't finish it in time and I hear a lot of people saying that there isn't really any content.

No content?  But it's all procedurally generated, so there should be an infinite amount of content!

Heh anyone found any rude landscape features yet?  *snigger*
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 02:22:57 »
I preordered it and I was super hyped for it before it came out (not as much as others, but I got to very high levels before its release), but I haven't had the time to play it yet. From what I heard about the port (non-PC optimized menus and just horrible performance on PCs) and the fact that there isn't much variation in the gameplay makes it seem not so exciting. I'll probably play it tomorrow or tuesday and I hope it really surprises me.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 03:13:02 »
I've heard conflicting reports of PC performance.

Some say it's horrible, but apparently Hello Games suggest it's because of absent (?) or outdated drivers.

Also a few reviews I've read people are excited to explore new planets, but do admit that they are all generated to a pattern.  Sometimes voiced is the concern that exploring the same thing with different colours and trees over and over again will eventually become boring.  Too soon to tell that.

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 04:01:43 »
Been playing most of this weekend on PS4. I really love it, but I think thats because I didn't get caught up in the hype. If you're looking for a really deep story driven game then maybe this isn't for you.

Will end up with the PC version once its gone through a few more patches.

I haven't even made it to the next star system yet. Have been mining/selling all the gold I can, while finding all the drop pods I can, which allow you to add inventory slots. First one is free, each subsequent upgrade cost $10k more. Once you have 10+ extra slots it opens up a much more fun and flexible way to play :thumb:
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 05:02:00 »
I thought the main draw to minecraft was the multiplayer..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 06:00:14 »
Haven't been playing myself but I've been watching streamers play it all weekend.
Mostly pc users - the performance varies a lot and I don't think I'll be getting it. At least not yet.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 07:06:51 »
I thought the main draw to minecraft was the multiplayer..

Honestly, the "someone has been here before" aspect seemed most interesting to me. Otherwise it looked like Space Minecraft, which is about as interesting as watching paint dry to me.

Firm pass until they fix everything. EVERYTHING.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 14:31:43 »
I've heard conflicting reports of PC performance.

Some say it's horrible, but apparently Hello Games suggest it's because of absent (?) or outdated drivers.

Also a few reviews I've read people are excited to explore new planets, but do admit that they are all generated to a pattern.  Sometimes voiced is the concern that exploring the same thing with different colours and trees over and over again will eventually become boring.  Too soon to tell that.
Well I mean, TotalBiscuit is saying there are big problems with the port, I don't think his drivers are outdated. At least thats how it was on launch. I think that Hello Games fixed it a bit, but it doesn't sound completely fixed.

Also I was lured to this game because I considered it Pokemon + Minecraft + Elite.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 15:45:38 »

It only crashed once in my first hour and no issue running on my pc(after editing some things)

I was on the first planet for 8.8hrs just exploring, finding new places and stuff.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 21:56:07 »
Show Image

It only crashed once in my first hour and no issue running on my pc(after editing some things)

I was on the first planet for 8.8hrs just exploring, finding new places and stuff.

8.8 hrs on one planet? :eek:

Might take you a while to reach the centre of the universe ;)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 00:55:24 »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 03:07:01 »
https://vid.pr0gramm.com/2016/08/15/5322c9ed537c76b8.mp4
Hahaha that's fantastic.
I have seen some beautiful planets though, with creatures that didn't look and walk that retarded.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 05:25:16 »
https://vid.pr0gramm.com/2016/08/15/5322c9ed537c76b8.mp4

:))

I wonder if there's any controls over what the generated creatures look like.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 05:30:33 »
Been playing it a bunch on PS4. It runs pretty well to be honest, sure there are some pop-ins, but personally doesn't bother me. I've probably got about 10-12 hours in it so far, and I'm not really all that far (at least I feel).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 05:47:51 »
Been playing it a bunch on PS4. It runs pretty well to be honest, sure there are some pop-ins, but personally doesn't bother me. I've probably got about 10-12 hours in it so far, and I'm not really all that far (at least I feel).

I gather that there are thousands if not millions of planets you can explore before you, as a single player, reaches the centre of the universe or wherever else you are supposed to get.

Like in Minecraft this one time I started travelling in one direction as far as I could.  After a couple of weeks of that, making camp overnight, running during the day, I got maybe 20000 metres away from spawn, and gave up.  Just more and more of the same.

I'd like to play No Mans Sky one day when I can upgrade my gaming PC.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 07:40:23 »
I like it so far, but I wish I could save anywhere. I have it on PC. Accidentally alt-tabbed and I couldn't open it again. Apparently you have to play in windowed mode to prevent this.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 10:41:45 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xx9y1/ok_im_in_love_pc_mods/
This looks very interesting. I'm going to try out the mod in a bit when I have time.

Offline gohono3

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 21:19:31 »
I built a new gaming rig with this game in mind. Played it heavily over the week and it was a blast just exploring. That being said, I think the game is an amazing idea with less amazing execution. I got a different impression from all the media hype vs what the game could currently deliver in some areas. Unless you just love space sims, I would wait for a sale of some kind. I'll still hop on to fly through space every so often, on that note Rebel Galaxy is well worth a look.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 23:19:15 »
I've heard very good things about Empyrion which people will probably overlook due to NMS.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 03:35:32 »

Played a fair bit so far and I have been enjoying it but as many have said, idea is great, execution is definitely not quite there. They promised a lot that they didn't deliver in game. My advice is don't race anywhere, you will end up unhappy, just enjoy the exploration and take your time.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 06:36:06 »

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 06:43:18 »
Its got potential to be great but is otherwise an "Assassins Creed" (essentially a foundation). Wouldnt recommend getting till a price drop since they need to fix their **** quite frankly. Had a 62hour save file up and vanish :eek: last I looked they arent even acknowledging the bug :eek:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 05:46:48 »

... and all you do is name things after vile bodily functions :))

This is the internet, after all.  What else would you expect? :p

Offline JamesGoblin

• My name is Goblin. James Goblin.
    • Camelot Unchained Wiki
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 10:01:18 »

Ah, that reminds me of all the joys of free form building...
Trivia: Warhammer Online is the best game ever made.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 21:54:05 »

Ah, that reminds me of all the joys of free form building...

Go Minecraft!!!1!1

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 03:35:57 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1
I'm so over Minecraft. Played it a little and I guess I can see the appeal. It's just not for me.

No Man's Sky was a disappointment.
Of course, I buckled and bought the game and I've put in some hours, but because of all the things I've seen in the game and the things I've read I decided to not even bother going to the center and following the 'advice' because I heard what happens when you reach the center.

I'm pretty sad about it.
But I'll give it another go when it's seen a lot of patches.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 05:35:56 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1
I'm so over Minecraft. Played it a little and I guess I can see the appeal. It's just not for me.

Of course, I buckled and bought the game and I've put in some hours, but because of all the things I've seen in the game and the things I've read I decided to not even bother going to the center and following the 'advice' because I heard what happens when you reach the center.

I'm pretty sad about it.

Not every game is for everyone.

I like Minecraft, but every now and again I have to have a break.  I'm crap at building things, so I explore mostly.

Which is why I think I might enjoy No Man's Sky - I don't have to build clever buildings, make villagers mate or stuff like that, I can just explore!  Maybe.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 06:02:17 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1

I'm pretty sad about it.

I like Minecraft, but every now and again I have to have a break.  I'm crap at building things, so I explore mostly.

Which is why I think I might enjoy No Man's Sky - I don't have to build clever buildings, make villagers mate or stuff like that, I can just explore!  Maybe.
This is true in NMS all you do really is explore, so that might be right up your alley.
I have a friend who enjoys it immensely when he's drunk, maybe I should try that as well. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 06:10:21 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1

I'm pretty sad about it.

This is true in NMS all you do really is explore, so that might be right up your alley.
I have a friend who enjoys it immensely when he's drunk, maybe I should try that as well. :D

I was kinda looking forward to Notch's next game 0x10c but that never eventuated.

Seeing NMS now makes me think it is just a higher resolution version of 0x10c.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 07:31:08 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1

I'm pretty sad about it.

I like Minecraft, but every now and again I have to have a break. I'm crap at building things, so I explore mostly.

Which is why I think I might enjoy No Man's Sky - I don't have to build clever buildings, make villagers mate or stuff like that, I can just explore! Maybe.

I was kinda looking forward to Notch's next game 0x10c but that never eventuated.

Haha that could very well be true. :D
The devs have also said they'd be adding things like bounty hunting and trading (I think, don't quote me on trading) so there is that to look forward to.
They (Hello Games) seem genuine enough in their approach to the whole thing. And they released PC patches pretty quickly following the launch to deal with the worst issues.
It doesn't appear that they're going to completely abandon the project now that it's "completed".

Offline Arallu

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 16:30:00 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xx9y1/ok_im_in_love_pc_mods/
This looks very interesting. I'm going to try out the mod in a bit when I have time.

Ya, the mods have been great so far, things like Low Flight, Immersive Space, Big Things.
http://nomansskymods.com

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 22:01:04 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1

I'm pretty sad about it.

I like Minecraft, but every now and again I have to have a break. I'm crap at building things, so I explore mostly.

Which is why I think I might enjoy No Man's Sky - I don't have to build clever buildings, make villagers mate or stuff like that, I can just explore! Maybe.

The devs have also said they'd be adding things like bounty hunting and trading (I think, don't quote me on trading) so there is that to look forward to.
They (Hello Games) seem genuine enough in their approach to the whole thing. And they released PC patches pretty quickly following the launch to deal with the worst issues.
It doesn't appear that they're going to completely abandon the project now that it's "completed".

I wonder if it is going to go from an exploring game to a 4X game.

Personally I'd prefer the former, but I suspect many others would prefer the latter.

Plenty of other 4X games out there though ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 22:01:58 »

Ya, the mods have been great so far, things like Low Flight, Immersive Space, Big Things.
http://nomansskymods.com

It's great that there is so much modding capability from the start.  They could have locked it down to prevent anyone modding.  Not that that would have stopped some people :))

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 09:56:01 »
I can't wait for a minecraft mod for NMS!

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 12:56:55 »
There is something poetic about that site not loading for me. Heh.

Offline Skywalker

• INFP
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 10:45:29 »
I wanted to get this game after hearing all the hype, but it might just make me want to play Minecraft again... eager to hear about what people think after playing it for months.
WASD V2 - MX Browns | Topre Realforce 87UB 45g

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 11:20:50 »
I've played for about 50 hours, and I think I'm going to shelve it for a while until new content comes out .

I have got kinda bored. I'm used to grinding, I like grinding in RPGs, but I'm struggling to find the desire to continue exploring places that are pretty much the same as the last places I have explored. My space ship ****s all over all the bandits, I've got loads of money, I have max suit and ship and almost max multitool. I just don't really know what I'm supposed to do now. there isn't even much point to have money any more as I've maxed everything (nearly).

There needs to be some kind of point or narrative. I think the game needs loads of diplomacy, and a more diverse market which actually does something, the economy stinks in NMS. And maybe, just maybe, a damsel in distress who I can go and save.
I got boards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 21:52:20 »
I've played for about 50 hours, and I think I'm going to shelve it for a while until new content comes out .

I have got kinda bored. I'm used to grinding, I like grinding in RPGs, but I'm struggling to find the desire to continue exploring places that are pretty much the same as the last places I have explored. My space ship ****s all over all the bandits, I've got loads of money, I have max suit and ship and almost max multitool. I just don't really know what I'm supposed to do now. there isn't even much point to have money any more as I've maxed everything (nearly).

There needs to be some kind of point or narrative. I think the game needs loads of diplomacy, and a more diverse market which actually does something, the economy stinks in NMS. And maybe, just maybe, a damsel in distress who I can go and save.

They are supposed ot be adding trade and a couple of other things at some stage.

Wasn't the aim to sort of generally meander in the direction of the centre of the game universe?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 02 September 2016, 07:27:05 »

They are supposed ot be adding trade and a couple of other things at some stage.

Wasn't the aim to sort of generally meander in the direction of the centre of the game universe?

Yeah that's the dream they have sold - but it means wading through a quagmire of similarity to do it! You need to keep landing to find more warp crystals (or at least materials to make them) and that's about the only thing left I need to do to get there, but that sounds really mundane as I imagine the centre of the universe is quite far away as I've only jumped 20 times or so :D
I got boards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 06:31:05 »

Yeah that's the dream they have sold - but it means wading through a quagmire of similarity to do it! You need to keep landing to find more warp crystals (or at least materials to make them) and that's about the only thing left I need to do to get there, but that sounds really mundane as I imagine the centre of the universe is quite far away as I've only jumped 20 times or so :D

From original hints the centre is a very, very long way away.

I also seem to vaguely recall that it was said that everyone would start on a planet somewhere way out on the edge of the galaxy.  As the galaxy (universe?) is so large and there are so many planets, it was going to be virtually impossible for any player to encounter any other player at the beginning of the game.

as you progressed in the game, you were supposed to move closer and closer to the centre of the galaxy, and the likelihood of encountering other players would increase.

Apparently two players landed on the same world and decided to meet up, but despite being in exactly the same location they could not see each other.

Still, I like exploring games, and despite seeing numerous screenshots of other people's games, I'd still like to play it for myself.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 11:26:02 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1

I'm pretty sad about it.

Personally I'd prefer the former, but I suspect many others would prefer the latter.

One of my fave 4X games right now is Stellaris, it's so good!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 05:14:57 »
Go Minecraft!!!1!1

I'm pretty sad about it.

One of my fave 4X games right now is Stellaris, it's so good!

One day I might have a PC that can run Stellaris :(

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 07:59:26 »
Awww I'm sorry man!
I hope you do too, it's really a great game.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:02:32 »
Awww I'm sorry man!

My list of games I want to play but can't because of underpowered computer is getting longer every year :))

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 06:08:08 »
Awww I'm sorry man!

My list of games I want to play but can't because of underpowered computer is getting longer every year :))
That sucks man I had mine made a year or two ago and then I got married, got a house and a new car so I won't be getting any new hardware anytime soon. I'll be in your situation in a few short years I'm afraid.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 06:16:36 »
Awww I'm sorry man!

That sucks man I had mine made a year or two ago and then I got married, got a house and a new car so I won't be getting any new hardware anytime soon. I'll be in your situation in a few short years I'm afraid.

The sad thing is if I get the opportunity to get a new computer I'll probably get a new Mac, as I use my current older Mac for everything except games.  A new computer just for games would be a waste of money at the moment, plus I have very little time to play games anyway.

One silver lining is that when I might finally get around to being in a position to play all these game, they will be dirt cheap :D

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 06:22:13 »
One silver lining is that when I might finally get around to being in a position to play all these game, they will be dirt cheap :D
Very true!
My current backlog is so huge that by the time I get around to buying any of the new games I like they'll be on sale for sure.
YAY silver linings!