Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196747 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #26950 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 19:52:55 »

drugs were involved, which made my decision a little bit easier...

That is the correct decision.

Even with professional help, it's typically not possible to reverse the consequences of drug-use.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #26951 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 02:01:18 »
That is the correct decision.

Even with professional help, it's typically not possible to reverse the consequences of drug-use. [/size][/color][/font]
Where does your expertise in the realm of drug abuse stem from tp? You say "this is the correct decision" as if it's a clear cut situation with no variables; as if the line between black and white lies on drug usage.

It's not typically possible to reverse the "consequences" of drug-use? Would that not depend on the drug in question, the severity of usage and the mental state/characteristics of the person in question? No, of course not. Drugs and drug abuse really are as two-dimensional as you describe. /s

What's bothering me right now is your seemingly unstoppable drive to comment on things which you have no ****ing clue about. Why not stick to your near-illegible ramblings instead of making comments that could potentially affect somebody's life? You idiot.

I let my cousin move down to my apartment because I thought I could help him turn his life around; that he needed someone he could talk to about the troubles he's been going through and learn to deal with them and give him the chance that nobody else would.

Three and a half months later I'm having to kick him out because the exact opposite happened, and I really don't know if I didn't give him enough of a chance or if he would have continued on his self-destructive cycle and by kicking him out I'm actually saving him.

I love him more than my own brothers, but I just can't decide if I did the right thing in either case.
I'm so sorry to hear about this man. Similar things have happened within my family, and I know your pain. I'd be a hypocrite if I offered any words of advice on the situation itself since I know nothing about it beyond what you've posted, but I beg you to not give up on your cousin. The only advice I can give that would hold true in any situation like this is: talk to your family, talk to your cousin and seek guidance from an addiction center or somewhere similar. Make sure your cousin knows that if he wants to make changes in his life he doesn't have to do it alone.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26952 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 08:12:39 »
Drugs

For a very long time, we blamed PEOPLE, the Drug users lacked will power, they're selfish, etc etc.

This is because in the field of psych, it had been the only field where there was very little mechanical analysis of the (Organ) being treated.

These advanced technologies to look at the brain were not invented until very recently.

What we now know, is that the brain is VERY mechanical, and it has breakable components.

For drug use, it's the limbic system/ reward pathway.

With Hard drugs, the system is burned out rapidly.  With Soft drugs including alcohol/ tobacco, that pathway is similarly degraded, but more slowly.

With regard to Family / Friends of addicts, all the love in the world is as useful at growing back a limbic system as it is an amputated arm.

With Hard Drugs, it is not something general civilians are equipped to handle. Even in the case of institutional treatment, ~90%+ heroin users relapse.

The thing about heroin is, very rarely do people choose heroin, they usually start on something lighter, and then quickly run out of money, and Heroin's at the very end, and is cheaper.

The point i was trying to get across isn't that we should be callous to the people afflicted by drugs.  I was merely indicating, they absolutely can not be helped in the same way as a divorced dad who didn't get the house or the dog.

Are there degrees of this problem, of course, is the general population equip to deal with ANY of it, NO.

Offline derznation

« Reply #26953 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 08:26:52 »
Drugs

For a very long time, we blamed PEOPLE, the Drug users lacked will power, they're selfish, etc etc.

This is because in the field of psych, it had been the only field where there was very little mechanical analysis of the (Organ) being treated.

These advanced technologies to look at the brain were not invented until very recently.

What we now know, is that the brain is VERY mechanical, and it has breakable components.

For drug use, it's the limbic system/ reward pathway.

With Hard drugs, the system is burned out rapidly.  With Soft drugs including alcohol/ tobacco, that pathway is similarly degraded, but more slowly.

With regard to Family / Friends of addicts, all the love in the world is as useful at growing back a limbic system as it is an amputated arm.

With Hard Drugs, it is not something general civilians are equipped to handle. Even in the case of institutional treatment, ~90%+ heroin users relapse.

The thing about heroin is, very rarely do people choose heroin, they usually start on something lighter, and then quickly run out of money, and Heroin's at the very end, and is cheaper.

The point i was trying to get across isn't that we should be callous to the people afflicted by drugs.  I was merely indicating, they absolutely can not be helped in the same way as a divorced dad who didn't get the house or the dog.

Are there degrees of this problem, of course, is the general population equip to deal with ANY of it, NO.

Also worth calling out that lots of heroin addicts are created from prescription pain medication abuse.  Those are the really sad cases to me because those were typically healthy functioning members of society who had an accident and got hooked on opioids thanks to careless doctors. 

/rant

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26954 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 08:43:33 »

Also worth calling out that lots of heroin addicts are created from prescription pain medication abuse.  Those are the really sad cases to me because those were typically healthy functioning members of society who had an accident and got hooked on opioids thanks to careless doctors. 

/rant

I have my doubts on that particular statistic. I don't find it harmful a belief on its own. But I've noticed many of the _Users_ are embarrassed by their affliction and (cause of affliction). This is where that -It started with a broken leg- box on the check list provides a popular neutral reason as to avoid any judgement.

I don't doubt prescription is among the causes, only that __the degree__ to which it is blamed seems unlikely.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26955 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 16:05:24 »
I can't think about The House of the Dead without thinking about Ruby on Rails and vise versa.  Frickin' podcasts are ruining my mind

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #26956 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 17:23:55 »

Yes, drugs are often hard to quit once a serious addiction has been established and heroin is notoriously hard to quit. But why would you instantly assume that CLIB's cousin is abusing heroin? For all you know he could just be smoking weed or taking speed. More importantly, even if he were abusing some of the worst opiates/opioids, he could be in the early stages of addiction which is an entirely different scenario from a long-standing, chronic addiction. I went through a period of oxycodone/oxycontin addiction and managed to quit it without any serious withdrawal and without any desire to continue usage because I caught it early enough. So please, don't be a pessimist. I get it.. some people are beyond help, but you assumed far too much in your comments. If your assumption about the substance in question is correct and if he's in the early stages of abuse then your post is especially damaging - now is the time where aiding him in quitting would have the highest chance of success.

Also, do you have a source for what you said about drugs causing permanent damage to the limbic system? I'm well aware that drugs disrupt it, but I've never read anything about permanent damage. I'm very interested in learning more.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2019, 17:30:57 by Photekq »
github

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26957 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 18:07:57 »

Yes, drugs are often hard to quit once a serious addiction has been established and heroin is notoriously hard to quit. But why would you instantly assume that CLIB's cousin is abusing heroin? For all you know he could just be smoking weed or taking speed. More importantly, even if he were abusing some of the worst opiates/opioids, he could be in the early stages of addiction which is an entirely different scenario from a long-standing, chronic addiction. I went through a period of oxycodone/oxycontin addiction and managed to quit it without any serious withdrawal and without any desire to continue usage because I caught it early enough. So please, don't be a pessimist. I get it.. some people are beyond help, but you assumed far too much in your comments. If your assumption about the substance in question is correct and if he's in the early stages of abuse then your post is especially damaging - now is the time where aiding him in quitting would have the highest chance of success.

Also, do you have a source for what you said about drugs causing permanent damage to the limbic system? I'm well aware that drugs disrupt it, but I've never read anything about permanent damage. I'm very interested in learning more.

There is a misunderstanding here. I was strictly focused on the point that Clib himself, with a couch and his soft ears are not enough to help someone with addiction.   I assumed after saying that, Clib would attempt to contact someone who could help his friend. If that's too presumptuous, Ok, my fault for being curt.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #26958 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 18:20:26 »
There is a misunderstanding here. I was strictly focused on the point that Clib himself, with a couch and his soft ears are not enough to help someone with addiction.   I assumed after saying that, Clib would attempt to contact someone who could help his friend. If that's too presumptuous, Ok, my fault for being curt.

You said "discontinue immediately". I don't see how else I could've interpreted that :))
github

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26959 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 18:49:58 »

You said "discontinue immediately". I don't see how else I could've interpreted that :))

:D

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #26960 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 12:57:17 »
 Coming down with the flu and awake at 4am popping a couple of paracetamol and sipping a concoction of apple cider vinegar and honey.
I would take today off but I already had yesterday off looking after my wife and this evening there is only two on shift, so it is a pain in the backside when someone calls it in. 🙁
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26961 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 15:11:26 »
Organic/all natural peanut butter is the worst product ever created by mankind. It is by no means in any way an accurate representation of what peanut butter is supposed to be.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26962 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 17:03:53 »
Organic/all natural peanut butter is the worst product ever created by mankind. It is by no means in any way an accurate representation of what peanut butter is supposed to be.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26963 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 17:11:46 »
Coming down with the flu and awake at 4am popping a couple of paracetamol and sipping a concoction of apple cider vinegar and honey.
I would take today off but I already had yesterday off looking after my wife and this evening there is only two on shift, so it is a pain in the backside when someone calls it in. 🙁

Caught flu in July, bad luck. Kekeke..

Dis' why Tp4 avoids other hughmahns.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26964 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 17:13:10 »

Show Image

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #26965 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 20:34:10 »

Peanut butter should only have peanuts and salt as ingredients. It doesn't need any extra crap.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26966 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 20:38:50 »

Peanut butter should only have peanuts and salt as ingredients. It doesn't need any extra crap.

Well..... cinnamon is pretty gud'..   Then there are combo nut butters.. Cashew + Peanut,  Sesame + Peanut,   etc.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #26967 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 20:52:00 »

Well..... cinnamon is pretty gud'..   Then there are combo nut butters.. Cashew + Peanut,  Sesame + Peanut,   etc.

It is but I'm just talking about all natural peanut butter vs the doctored crap.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26968 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 21:04:57 »

It is but I'm just talking about all natural peanut butter vs the doctored crap.
Being a doctor is bad?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26969 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 21:13:00 »

Well..... cinnamon is pretty gud'..   Then there are combo nut butters.. Cashew + Peanut,  Sesame + Peanut,   etc. [/size][/color][/font]

Being a doctor is bad?

Doctor Oz  kills people.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26970 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 23:42:25 »
Nut butter..... LOL

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26971 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 00:50:10 »

All I know is that organic crap comes with about two inches of oil on top, when you mix it the peanutbutter turns to the consistency of runny baby ****, it spreads as well as an arthritic nun's legs, and tastes like it has ****ing sand in it. It is birthed by Satan himself!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26972 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 07:43:40 »

All I know is that organic crap comes with about two inches of oil on top, when you mix it the peanutbutter turns to the consistency of runny baby ****, it spreads as well as an arthritic nun's legs, and tastes like it has ****ing sand in it. It is birthed by Satan himself!

Oh THAT'S what you meant.  My local hippie/honky grocery store Ward's Supermarket carries a few varieties made by local farmers.  Good stuff

Offline invariance

« Reply #26973 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 08:26:45 »

AND charge more for it.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #26974 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 15:20:00 »
Innocent kbdist happily remarks that they're enjoying their new mx black keyboard:

Sweaty nerd that hasn't left home in 3 months:

"Well if you like the feeling of unlubed blacks, you'd really love some Krytoxosys™ GPL 420 Grade 69 lubed vintage yokholy GSUS sakurios on a polycarbonate half plate :cool: "

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26975 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 16:07:06 »
I'm suddenly compelled to refer to quills as information feathers.

Offline iri

« Reply #26976 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 04:52:35 »
My 'all natural' PB is nothing like noisyturtle described.

What bothers me is being back in the Blighty  :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26977 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 04:56:26 »

Furphy Feathers

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26978 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 21:52:49 »

For years Rowdy has been referring to the humble stapler as a "staple placement facilitation unit".
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26979 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 14:46:37 »
How some companies think it's OK to ask for your SS and tax information as part of the job application. Like the initial submission, before they even interview you. Why do you need my tax information for a mid-level job? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

How about no. How about I simply don't apply to your obvious data-stealing bull**** company.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26980 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 16:28:20 »

For years Rowdy has been referring to the humble stapler as a "staple placement facilitation unit".

Thanks for the rabbit hole btw..  Wikipedia: Staple extraction facilitation unit

Offline Chevy_Monsenhor

« Reply #26981 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 08:35:02 »
I'm sleeping waaaay too much lately.
And even if i sleep 12 or 13 hours i'm still sleepy all day long.
Keyboards: Leopold FC900R (Pinks), Logitech G613
Mice: Glorious Model O (Glossy), Logitech G305

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26982 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 09:32:03 »
I'm sleeping waaaay too much lately.
And even if i sleep 12 or 13 hours i'm still sleepy all day long.

What's ur cholesterol.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26983 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 12:38:15 »
I thought it would be funny to check out the 80s inspired $20 JLab Rewind headphones.  Surely they'd be horrible because all Bluetooth devices are trash right?

So now what is bothering me is that I like the JLab Rewind headphones more than I like my ~$70 pair of clumsy AKG 240K Studio (non-austrian) headphones.

I was introduced to the Walkman portable cassette player line around the WM-AF54 era (I also had a CD version).  Definitely not due to nostalgia lol.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26984 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 12:52:18 »
I thought it would be funny to check out the 80s inspired $20 JLab Rewind headphones.  Surely they'd be horrible because all Bluetooth devices are trash right?

So now what is bothering me is that I like the JLab Rewind headphones more than I like my ~$70 pair of clumsy AKG 240K Studio (non-austrian) headphones.

I was introduced to the Walkman portable cassette player line around the WM-AF54 era (I also had a CD version).  Definitely not due to nostalgia lol.

I tried getting back into headphones a while back,  but they were too hot. I couldn't find one that was airy.

The over-ear ones I tried were ok for heat, but they hurt after 5 minutes.

Still stuck with ear-buds. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #26985 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 16:13:57 »
I thought it would be funny to check out the 80s inspired $20 JLab Rewind headphones.

Oh man, those foam covered headphones.  :))  I have no idea if those are still around other than as nostaliga-fueled tributes, but every time I see them I'm taken back to computer class in elementary school in the mid-late 90s.  They must have been cheap enough that they could afford a pair for everyone, cause we were each assigned a pair that we kept in a bin in the lab so us children wouldn't lose them.  Many memories playing Oregon Trail and other educational games.  ^-^

Different design to what you have, of course, but literally every time I see the foam covers I think of them.  :)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26986 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 16:38:57 »
I thought it would be funny to check out the 80s inspired $20 JLab Rewind headphones.

Oh man, those foam covered headphones.  :))  I have no idea if those are still around other than as nostaliga-fueled tributes, but every time I see them I'm taken back to computer class in elementary school in the mid-late 90s.  They must have been cheap enough that they could afford a pair for everyone, cause we were each assigned a pair that we kept in a bin in the lab so us children wouldn't lose them.  Many memories playing Oregon Trail and other educational games.  ^-^

Different design to what you have, of course, but literally every time I see the foam covers I think of them.  :)

Dang, your class had headphones for each student?!  Our PC lab teacher had to suffer through all the beeps and bloops as students like myself freaked out other students by prying off the top hats of the BS keyboards. :))  My favorite foam padded headphones where the Sony MDR-G45LP or behind the neck style headphones.  Though IIRC I had those ~1999--and IIRC the WM-AF54 headphones were those not great headband earbud things.  I guess my foam padded headphone days weren't muddied by questionable classroom headsets.  If those classroom headphones where anything like the earbuds Delta use to hand out on flights then #feelsbadman those things were crummy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26987 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 16:41:38 »

Oh man, those foam covered headphones.  :))  I have no idea if those are still around other than as nostaliga-fueled tributes

They're not still around, because there was a push for bio-degradable foam and rubber. Consequence of which, well... ~10yr shelf life, then they bio-degraded. it turns into this powdery floof that tore and fell apart.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #26988 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 00:15:37 »
Alright on the 8th of august i got my driver exam to get my license. Give me your power to make it :)
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26989 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 00:54:59 »
250 mass shootings in a year is a bit much. It's so frequent now I am ashamed to say I'm growing desensitized to the entire notion, I found myself having to Google "Today's mass shooting" to find out where it happened. It feels like the horrible people in this world are leaving a legacy of people who are worse at their core in their wake. Not just those close to the tragedies who are affected tenfold, but the entire world every time they think "ANOTHER shooting?!?" The ripples are so ever-reaching, and none of them with good effect. I am a worse and less empathetic person due to just the sheer volume of tragedy. What a circle of sickness.

sorry about getting heavy here

Offline iri

« Reply #26990 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 05:06:19 »
223741-0

223745-2
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26991 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 06:59:38 »
250 mass shootings in a year is a bit much. It's so frequent now I am ashamed to say I'm growing desensitized to the entire notion, I found myself having to Google "Today's mass shooting" to find out where it happened. It feels like the horrible people in this world are leaving a legacy of people who are worse at their core in their wake. Not just those close to the tragedies who are affected tenfold, but the entire world every time they think "ANOTHER shooting?!?" The ripples are so ever-reaching, and none of them with good effect. I am a worse and less empathetic person due to just the sheer volume of tragedy. What a circle of sickness.

sorry about getting heavy here

Is it 250 ?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26992 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 07:53:39 »

I'm growing desensitized to the entire notion,

Fox TV and the Republicans are winning their campaign to restructure the very fabric of our society.

This is music to the ears of Putin and the Russian military.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26993 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 08:14:12 »

I'm growing desensitized to the entire notion,

Fox TV and the Republicans are winning their campaign to restructure the very fabric of our society.

This is music to the ears of Putin and the Russian military.

Fohat is a new nationalists, a person who disregard personal responsibility and blames all ills on other people and nations.

No nation does more to sabotage other nations than Our very own USA.

We invented the most modern (and successful) international disruption service, the CIA. That's its very purpose.

For example, Post WWII, In order to combat the rise of communism, the USA had a dilemma, Jpn was already heavily resistant of USA influence, because we bombed them. So what did we do. We had the CIA go in, PROP UP the Then Japanese-War-Criminals, the same Bad-Dudes responsible for Killing Americans (during the war), who are the direct ancestors to the current prime minister Abe. We couldn't control the Good guy Japan, so we struck a deal with the VERY-bad guy.

The reason for this was to puppet the Jpn gov so we can have our foothold in the east, as communism swept south.

Same thing when Saddam was seated.  The CIA wrote the modern book on this sort of thing.

Fohat doesn't read any books not written by racist nationlist white dudes, or rather anything that he doesn't already agree with. Take his comment with a grain of salt.

Tp4 believes USA is great for many reasons, but as far as Who's fault it is for the latest crises ,  to Fohat, it's always someone else, not his own choices, it's the russians making him fat, it's the russians propping up trump, it's the russians preventing clean tap water. 

All this fohat blaming other nations, Seems a familiar rhetoric, OH, because that's exactly what Trump does. fohat is far more similar to trump than the h8 he claims.

These problems are Our-Own, WE have to work to solve them.

Offline iri

« Reply #26994 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 08:29:45 »
Russian military couldn't give two ****s about mass shootings in the US.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26995 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 10:49:21 »
Russian military couldn't give two ****s about mass shootings in the US.

Correction: GRU
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26996 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 11:52:02 »
Well sure GRU charges nearly double what FPL charges, both I think both are equally invested mostly in the prospect of utility usage.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26997 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 21:53:59 »

Thanks for the rabbit hole btw..  Wikipedia: Staple extraction facilitation unit

Rowdy has had a number of staple extraction facilitation units, and has never managed to get one of them to work as advertised.

Rowdy usually ends up using a small screwdriver to lever the pointy ends of a staple out, then levers teh staple out from the other side.

It is a notable fact that Rowdy has more screwdrivers to hand than staple placement/removal facilitation units.

It is also possible that a screwdriver could be referred to as a rotational screw insertion facilitation device.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26998 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 22:02:29 »

Rowdy has had a number of staple extraction facilitation units, and has never managed to get one of them to work as advertised.

Rowdy usually ends up using a small screwdriver to lever the pointy ends of a staple out, then levers teh staple out from the other side.

It is a notable fact that Rowdy has more screwdrivers to hand than staple placement/removal facilitation units.

It is also possible that a screwdriver could be referred to as a rotational screw insertion facilitation device.

I kind of like this new Rowdy describes office tasks in third person thing.  I'd totally watch a staple extraction walk-through with third person narration.

Offline invariance

« Reply #26999 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 04:20:26 »
Here’s Rowdy at work
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104