Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423969 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #6300 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:29:33 »

I drove through one of the wealthier neighborhoods in the area and saw a house with their own snow machine making snow in a 15x30ft area of their front yard...

:confused:

but...

you live...

:blank:

Dude, the north is severely lacking snow. If I didn't leave my town in northern Ontario for the holidays I may have had my first green xmas.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #6301 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:30:15 »
I'm refining my photoshop skills for this thread

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77964.50

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #6302 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 17:46:10 »
Yeah, the lack of snow is a bit strange.  It's practically Christmas and our car is still on high-performance summer tires.  I'm still panicked about changing them, but the wife isn't.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6303 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 09:31:29 »
dreamed I was chillin with Hoff, we both got new keyboards. they were a gross looking red color.
I love Elzy

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6304 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 09:40:41 »

dreamed I was chillin with Hoff, we both got new keyboards. they were a gross looking red color.

Wine red? Huehuehue

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6305 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 10:19:33 »

Wine red? Huehuehue

a little lighter but yeah similar.
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6306 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 11:56:21 »
goign to see star wars later yay
I love Elzy

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6307 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 12:06:14 »
Saw Star Wars yo

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #6308 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 12:07:05 »
Saw Star Wars yo

I'm hoping to see it again with my parents. This will probably be the first movie I go see three times in theaters.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6309 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 12:08:02 »
Saw Star Wars yo

I'm hoping to see it again with my parents. This will probably be the first movie I go see three times in theaters.

I'd honestly go again tomorrow and watch it again, so it's not a bad thing to see it 3 times

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #6310 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 12:10:46 »
Figured how to reinstall properly my computer without losing my Itunes datas woho
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6311 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 12:56:33 »

:eek:

* HoffmanMyster is invading dreams now

Gross red?  Sounds familiar...  :P

Wine red?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6312 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:26:18 »
Looked into a few jobs thinking about moving back home but the pay is below federal poverty level. :(

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6313 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:43:30 »
Got the keys to my new house (rental but still good to have an address again). My dog arrives by plane tomorrow after not seeing him for 2 weeks YAY.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6314 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:46:14 »
Got the keys to my new house (rental but still good to have an address again). My dog arrives by plane tomorrow after not seeing him for 2 weeks YAY.

Nice, moving is a *****, I was supposed to do some moving yesterday and today but it is raining with no sign of drying up.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6315 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:52:22 »

Nice, moving is a *****, I was supposed to do some moving yesterday and today but it is raining with no sign of drying up.

Tell me about it, I have moved interstate 2 times now but dam I just can't settle down lol. I hear the weather in Sydney is a bit crazy at the moment, think I left at the right time. :p

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6316 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:25:55 »

Tell me about it, I have moved interstate 2 times now but dam I just can't settle down lol. I hear the weather in Sydney is a bit crazy at the moment, think I left at the right time. :p
I'm about an hour and a half south of Sydney on the coast and it's just been raining non stop, I took a whole week off work and I don't think I'm even going to be able to move :s

I guess it's still a good time of year to have a week off.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6317 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:56:08 »
I completely rearranged my living room due to a recent recliner purchase and pending TV inheritance.  :)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #6318 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:57:56 »
Wrapped presents! Glad that's out of the way, and they actually didn't come out that bad.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6319 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:03:36 »
Wrapped presents! Glad that's out of the way, and they actually didn't come out that bad.

Am I going crazy?  I swear I read this exact post a couple days ago.  :confused:

:))

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #6320 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:11:44 »
I completely rearranged my living room due to a recent recliner purchase and pending TV inheritance.  :)

Ooo fancy! Increase in laziness INC  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6321 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:19:52 »
took my cousin to her driving test.

was going to work after that but got called that the project wasnt ready so ran some errands and came home and napped.

No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6322 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:29:37 »

Ooo fancy! Increase in laziness INC  :thumb:

How can you increase from maximum?  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6323 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:45:21 »

was going to work after that but got called that the project wasnt ready so ran some errands and came home and napped.

Did she pass?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6324 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:50:47 »

Did she pass?

yeah, she passed. finally too.

i drove us back tho, i told her she might have fooled the dmv but not me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6325 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:56:19 »

Did she pass?

hahhahahaa... did you at least buy her ice-cream ?  I mean.. girls love ice-cream..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6326 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:59:17 »

Did she pass?

Congrats to her :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6327 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:21:00 »

Did she pass?

hahhahahaa... did you at least buy her ice-cream ?  I mean.. girls love ice-cream..

i.. yeah actually haha. i actually gave her a pint of americone dream when we got home.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6328 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 00:31:38 »
Saw Star Wars! Already knew about some of the major spoilers from reading EU years back... but pretty cool film.
I love Elzy

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6329 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 00:33:29 »
Spent money on Hifiman HE-400i's, didn't move house coz rain, had awesome Kenyan Single Origin from my coffee house.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6330 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 00:35:25 »
Saw Star Wars! Already knew about some of the major spoilers from reading EU years back... but pretty cool film.

I thought the movie was pretty entertaining, I saw it Sunday. I actually want to go back and watch it in 3D, I heard it was pretty well done and helps give a better perspective of the size of everything. I'm pretty sure Disney's plan is to pump out four more movies in the next four years or so, I'm curious to see how it's all going to turn out.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6331 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:05:13 »
Bought an eVic VT and a Uwell Crown in black.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6332 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 07:02:43 »

I thought the movie was pretty entertaining, I saw it Sunday. I actually want to go back and watch it in 3D, I heard it was pretty well done and helps give a better perspective of the size of everything. I'm pretty sure Disney's plan is to pump out four more movies in the next four years or so, I'm curious to see how it's all going to turn out.

I saw it in 3D. Thought it was pretty well done for 3D, but I've always been kind of against it so I'm by no means experienced in that regard (haven't seen many 3D movies).

Anyway, one of the weird things that bugged me was there were three or four times they'd be walking past something and the perspectives looked like they were going to run into it but they ended up not. Don't know if that's a fault of the 3D-ness or my eyes playing tricks on me.  :blank:

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #6333 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 07:13:36 »

I saw it in 3D. Thought it was pretty well done for 3D, but I've always been kind of against it so I'm by no means experienced in that regard (haven't seen many 3D movies).

Anyway, one of the weird things that bugged me was there were three or four times they'd be walking past something and the perspectives looked like they were going to run into it but they ended up not. Don't know if that's a fault of the 3D-ness or my eyes playing tricks on me.  :blank:

A lot of spare time now that there's all these new mods?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6334 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 07:14:29 »
How can you watch in 3d if you only have  1 eye
I love Elzy

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6335 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 07:28:08 »

I believe they have 3d glasses for 1 eye  ;)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6336 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 08:37:02 »
Went to the dentist for a cleaning then did some last minute Christmas shopping.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6337 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 09:11:49 »

I believe they have 3d glasses for 1 eye  ;)

but how can we fight the star wars if our eyes aren't real
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6338 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:29:22 »

A lot of spare time now that there's all these new mods?

Mayyyyybeeeeee  :rolleyes:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6339 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 10:57:12 »
Waiting for my puppy to get out of surgery for piometre, it sucks. Nobody told us that sterilization was mandatory after the third year.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #6340 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 00:15:22 »
Got engaged.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6341 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 00:31:51 »
Got engaged.

Awwwwwwwwwww ****! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6342 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 00:36:46 »
Bought the wife a new nook.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6343 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 02:19:03 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6344 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 03:08:23 »
Got engaged.

Whoa!  Congratulations :)

There is some good news in the world ;D

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #6345 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 03:10:56 »

Offline Connly33

« Reply #6346 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 03:59:28 »
Congrats on the engagement.

i didn't do anything to exciting today, aside from doing something stupid out of curiosity. 

Seeing a retractable pen spring on my desk and realizing it was almost the exact same diameter of a cherry spring.... i had to try it. measuring with a kitchen scale my clear switch had an actuation force of about 65 grams, but with the new spring it had an actuation force of 340 grams, or 1/4 lb. The polar opposite of an ergo clear times 10.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6347 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 04:48:10 »

Offline iri

« Reply #6348 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 04:59:47 »
Got the keys to my new house (rental but still good to have an address again)
Were you living under the bridge?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6349 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 05:57:01 »
Got the keys to my new house (rental but still good to have an address again)
Were you living under the bridge?
Lol no hotels. I wish a bridge would have been cheaper.