Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423851 times)

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #6450 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:18:33 »
Went to the beach.

There was lots of water.  And lots of sand.  And lots of wind.  And some sun.

And seagulls.
That's where I will be tomorrow. Going towards sunset to avoid people also since it's winter I doubt there will be many there to begin with.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6451 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:38:51 »
Went to the beach.

And seagulls.
That's where I will be tomorrow. Going towards sunset to avoid people also since it's winter I doubt there will be many there to begin with.

There were surprisingly few people there today.  Not an empty beach, by any means, but more than enough space to be a very comfortable distance away from anyone else.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6452 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:39:12 »
Worst part of the beach is the sand.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6453 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:58:22 »

-1 (sand washes off easily)

Worst part is the sunburn, but fortunately I managed to avoid that this time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6454 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 05:02:57 »

Rub the lotion on the skin rowdy to avoid the burn. I can never get of all the sand and there lies th problem so grainy

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #6455 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 07:19:15 »
Went to the beach.

And seagulls.
Ah, the beach.  Ours is covered in snow, lol.  We actually didn't even know it was here until the first spring after we moved here!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6456 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 08:45:48 »

Rub the lotion on the skin rowdy to avoid the burn. I can never get of all the sand and there lies th problem so grainy

Sand + suntan lotion is bad, just sand is not usually too bad. 
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6457 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:56:26 »

Whatever mad genius put skunk spray and barf in a jelly bean was very accurate.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6458 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:58:08 »
Show Image

Whatever mad genius put skunk spray and barf in a jelly bean was very accurate.

See, I went through every flavor in that game playing with friends and I didn't think any of the bad flavors were all that bad. Skunk spray I almost just thought was a really odd and weak licorice, and the stinky sock kinda tasted like gorgonzola cheese (a bit off-putting, but not that bad per say)
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6459 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 16:11:24 »

worst part of the beach is going outside
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6460 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 16:13:07 »

demik pls

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6461 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 00:39:51 »

It puts the lotion in the basket.

+1

Safer inside.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #6462 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 02:20:39 »
Went to the beach. There were a total of 5 people besides us there. No more than 2 at a given time. Also slightly tapped a dudes bumper on my way there. He laughed it off and waived me off.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6463 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 02:57:48 »
yesterday is lubing topre with thick lube and silencing ring. Doesn't like the feel of the board using the thick lube and today cleaning the board and redoing the lube process again with ro 59. Some key doesn't register so I open the case once more to see that there is water on the pcb. Cleaned it off and thanks god It work and the feel is so much better than using the thick lube. Some info for people who wants to lube topre don't use thick lube it will make the switch feel mushy and heavier use lube with low viscocity like ek mechlube 2. ro 59 or krytox 100 series.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6464 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 02:58:35 »
Went to the beach. There were a total of 5 people besides us there. No more than 2 at a given time. Also slightly tapped a dudes bumper on my way there. He laughed it off and waived me off.

What were the weather conditions at your beach?

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #6465 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 03:01:01 »

About 60° F.
Went as the sun was about to set as I don't like the sun.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6466 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 03:02:56 »

About 60° F.
Went as the sun was about to set as I don't like the sun.

Which is about 15c - that's a comfortable temperature.

It is summer over here, but was only about 24C (75F) when we went.  4/8 cloud cover, which meant only about half direct sun.  Plenty of wind.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #6467 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 03:06:00 »
The weather was actually really comfortable but we decided to jump in the water when it was pitch black out and I soon got very cold. Would do it again though, it felt rejuvenating.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6468 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 04:13:09 »

Well, if it's a very fine grain of sand, you need soap,  because the sand is stuck to the oil on your skin.. The soap removes the oil and thereby the sand.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6469 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 04:15:11 »
Today I discovered that the New members area probably didn't exist when I joined GH.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #6470 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 04:24:13 »
After getting the idea from a live stream i decided to play around with coiling my own cables.

I got a cheap cloth sleeved cable a week or so ago so that's what i tried it on, I wrapped it tight around a couple pencils taped together before wrapping the uncoiled part and connectors in foil and placed it in my toaster oven, bringing it up to 300 Fahrenheit quickly  then down to 200 for about 15 minutes. then i put it in the freezer for 20 minutes. I like they way it turned out visually, but i dont imagine it will hold the coil if its stretched out at all,  so ill probably use it for my cable i bring to class with my board where i dont need more than a few foot cable.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6471 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 04:45:49 »
After getting the idea from a live stream i decided to play around with coiling my own cables.

I got a cheap cloth sleeved cable a week or so ago so that's what i tried it on, I wrapped it tight around a couple pencils taped together before wrapping the uncoiled part and connectors in foil and placed it in my toaster oven, bringing it up to 300 Fahrenheit quickly  then down to 200 for about 15 minutes. then i put it in the freezer for 20 minutes. I like they way it turned out visually, but i dont imagine it will hold the coil if its stretched out at all,  so ill probably use it for my cable i bring to class with my board where i dont need more than a few foot cable.

oooooo........ coil-ee........

Hrrrmmmmmmm

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6472 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 09:10:03 »
Interesting self-made cable coil!

Made my first group buy interest thread yesterday and am really excited about all the positive responses. :D

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6473 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 18:58:11 »
Finished modding an Unsaver plate for win keys, and adding the 4 keys around the arrows.  Results should be very repeatable with the jig I have made.  I wish could show pis for the completed keyboard, but all I have is the top plate and the mat. Holes in the plate also have slots for AT style barrels.

http://m.imgur.com/a/x53ah
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6474 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 20:29:12 »
Finally got over this cold!  Now I have to get ready to travel again. :(

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #6475 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 23:09:42 »
Spend most of my day packing for my move to Rochester, NY (attending RIT starting this spring).

Now I'm hanging out, watching AGDQ.
Poker II

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6476 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 23:59:56 »
Maybe I spoke too soon about the cold...:(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6477 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 00:59:07 »
Went to the bottle shop today, and saw a 4.5L bottle of Absolut Vodka!

It looked really nice.

No way it would fit into our freezer though.

$254 but :(

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6478 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:04:51 »

It looked really nice.

That'd make a really nice coin jar after you guzzle it all down. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #6479 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:08:10 »

It looked really nice.

straya size mate

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6480 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:10:28 »

It looked really nice.

straya size mate

Pfft I can get like 4L of fruitylexia for like $15 AUD

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6481 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:12:13 »

It looked really nice.

I do not miss Australian alcohol prices.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #6482 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:13:01 »

It looked really nice.

straya size mate

mate stanley wines is the go

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6483 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:44:35 »

It looked really nice.

straya size mate

There's no reason to pay for Brand Name Vodka..

The whole point of vodka is to be as tasteless as possible..

IF ANYTHING,   the no-name vodkas are far more industrial than the Branded counterparts.

The branded Vodkas usually add some sort of perfume or flavoring for their stuff to be recognizable.

Where as  No-Name Vodka is just that,  as industrial as possible...

Given modern technologies, it doesn't even take that much to get a very high quality , high purity product..

You guys really need to try Costco Vodka.. it's fantastic.. . it's sold under the Kirkland brand (costco in house brand)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6484 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:48:36 »
My friends bought cooking rum once years ago because cheap obviously as not for direct human consumption. That was the first and last time they did that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6485 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 01:52:32 »
My friends bought cooking rum once years ago because cheap obviously as not for direct human consumption. That was the first and last time they did that.

cooking rum?  don't they add salt to that?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6486 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 02:02:21 »

It looked really nice.

straya size mate

IF ANYTHING,   the no-name vodkas are far more industrial than the Branded counterparts.

The branded Vodkas usually add some sort of perfume or flavoring for their stuff to be recognizable.

Given modern technologies, it doesn't even take that much to get a very high quality , high purity product..

You guys really need to try Costco Vodka.. it's fantastic.. . it's sold under the Kirkland brand (costco in house brand)

I find lots of ****ty vodkas taste more than less taste. Less distilling will mean more impurities.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6487 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 02:08:49 »

I find lots of ****ty vodkas taste more than less taste. Less distilling will mean more impurities.

If I'm doing all night vodka..  I usually have 3 shots straight at the door..   Then I get 1 shot mixed with a new soda that I haven't tried before and sip...

Since i'm doing the straight as fast as humanly possible..   I don't mind the taste all that much.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6488 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 02:10:27 »

If I'm doing all night vodka..  I usually have 3 shots straight at the door..   Then I get 1 shot mixed with a new soda that I haven't tried before and sip...

Since i'm doing the straight as fast as humanly possible..   I don't mind the taste all that much.

Yea if you're not sipping than whatever. Had some lemon vodka with Coke and it wasn't too bad.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6489 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 02:16:16 »

cooking rum?  don't they add salt to that?

They do something to it to discourage drinking that if for sure.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6490 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 04:09:34 »

It looked really nice.

straya size mate

Absolut is not exactly brandless.  Top vodka from Sweden (something like that).

My favourite is Absolut Vanilla.  Smooth.  Sweet :)

Or Wisent - that's nice.  You can drink a lot of that without realising you are drinking a lot of that without realising you are drinking a lot of that..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #6491 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 06:29:50 »

It looked really nice.

That's double the UK price wtf yo

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #6492 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 10:02:00 »

It looked really nice.

4.5L bottle of Absolut vodka here is $75USD ...
Poker II

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6493 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 12:05:25 »

It looked really nice.

Where?  I've never seen a bottle that big (but would love to).

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6494 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 12:31:00 »

It looked really nice.

We had them here in Michigan at a couple places but I thought they were more like $100.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6495 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 12:39:45 »

It looked really nice.

We had them here in Michigan at a couple places but I thought they were more like $100.

One question, why drink vodka in the first place?  It has no flavor.  Drink rum.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #6496 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 13:01:00 »
One question, why drink vodka in the first place?  It has no flavor.  Drink rum.

+1 on this!  Agreed!  Give me that Bacardi Superior White and Coke.

Offline tronbeaver

« Reply #6497 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 14:07:31 »
No work - snowed in!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6498 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 14:12:39 »

It looked really nice.

Some people like vodka because its like the ultimate mixer.  Because it has little to no flavor, you can mix it with things that you couldn't or wouldn't mix rum or whiskey into.  Personally, I drink maybe a couple times a year now so all liquors have specific tastes, and of those tastes I enjoy none of them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6499 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 18:41:31 »

It looked really nice.

:eek:

srsly :eek:

I was going to take a picture, but I think they object to things like that.