Author Topic: Anime Thread  (Read 387881 times)

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Anime Thread
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 11:22:36 »
Anyone watching Kill la Kill? It has far surpassed my expectations, but I still think the main character's "outfit" is dumb.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #551 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:26:02 »
I will watch in like a week
I love Elzy

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #552 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:23:51 »
I watched the first episode and haven't had time to keep up since then.  I'm getting to the point where I prefer to not keep up with currently airing and just watch them at the end of the season when it finishes.  The waiting week to week is - meh.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #553 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:26:57 »
Anyone watching Kill la Kill? It has far surpassed my expectations, but I still think the main character's "outfit" is dumb.

watched it. very entertaining but not for someone who cannot handle a little fan service LOL. still a good crazy anime though
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #554 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 13:46:35 »
I need a good anime to watch :( Something ongoing or lengthy, probably 100+ episodes. I hate to admit this, but I'm a fan of the fantasy/romance genre. Any suggestions?
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline HairyBob

• but my name isn't Robert
« Reply #555 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 15:49:49 »

It's very interesting. I don't really like it or hate it, but yet I want to keep watching.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #556 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 17:29:14 »
I need a good anime to watch :( Something ongoing or lengthy, probably 100+ episodes. I hate to admit this, but I'm a fan of the fantasy/romance genre. Any suggestions?

Yes..

Could someone with Updated Anime knowledge recommend some "new stuff"..

Super Thanks

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #557 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 23:05:57 »

Yes..

Could someone with Updated Anime knowledge recommend some "new stuff"..

Super Thanks
Show Image

It's impossible to find good animes these days. The only good ones I've seen have only lasted 10-20 episodes. So sad :(
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #558 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 16:53:58 »
Started with Attack on Titan(Shingeki No Kyujin) two days ago, watched all of the episodes now. Man that is some gooooood ****!
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #559 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 01:42:43 »
Does anyone know where to get the Gurren Lagann DRILL Plush...  I can't find it.....

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #560 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 06:04:30 »
If you don't feel up to handling 5cm per second, stay away from Kino's Journey.

It is the most ridiculously sad story I've seen in a long time, that also happens to be highly rated. The manga creators and their animators have really gone out of their way to ensure that no ending is not miserable and unfair and leaves a sense of loss and disillusionment and all that.

If you wonder why I endured to watch all 13 episodes, well that is a testament to the quality of the work. Very, very well animated and the author really knows how to grab people's emotions. I watched it all in one session and couldn't stop! But if you haven't started, don't waste your time on it. There is no happy ending.

Anyone else seen stuff by Makoto Shinkai? I just caught The Garden of Words. Animation was beautiful but the story was kinda meh.

Definitely going to check out his other stuff.
I know 5cm per second is supposed to be really good, but I haven't gotten around to watching it.  I'm pretty sure its a sad one so I've been putting it on hold.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #561 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 08:14:31 »
Re watching Lucky Star for the 60th time, and finding random anime movies on the web. I recommend "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" from 2006, really good movie.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline BakaPhoenix

« Reply #562 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 14:53:24 »
Does anyone know where to get the Gurren Lagann DRILL Plush...  I can't find it.....
Show Image

Show Image

Holy carp that one is awesome XD

Offline regack

« Reply #563 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 15:02:51 »
I'm rewatching Eureka Seven again, but subbed this time.  I prefer to stay away from dubs, but I originally started watching the dub, and didn't feel like switching over mid stream.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #564 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 16:09:57 »
I'm rewatching Eureka Seven again, but subbed this time.  I prefer to stay away from dubs, but I originally started watching the dub, and didn't feel like switching over mid stream.
Beautiful anime. One of my all time favourites! I'm assuming you know about Eureka Seven: Ao right?
Keyboards Owned:

Offline regack

« Reply #565 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 19:09:31 »
Beautiful anime. One of my all time favourites! I'm assuming you know about Eureka Seven: Ao right?

Yes, and I haven't watched it yet.  One reason I'm rewatching... I have AO sitting here, but I thought I should re-watch with subs (currently at ep33) and then jump right into AO, assuming I don't get distracted by finishing up Ben-To or Monogatari 3... and after this page, I added Suisei no Gargantia to the list.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #566 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:35:47 »
Hello friends, it has been a while. No I have not started watching Kill La Kill, however some time after the winter break, those anime dyesub caps we discussed a few pages back? It might finally be happening. Stay tuned OuO
I love Elzy

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #567 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 23:15:51 »
:O Can't ****ing wait for it !!! :D
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #568 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 11:50:39 »
Ghost in the Shell: Arise 1 & 2 are absolutely mind blowing, couldn't recommend it more!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #569 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 11:55:47 »
Ghost in the Shell: Arise 1 & 2 are absolutely mind blowing, couldn't recommend it more!

realllly...... hmmm... ooo bluray is out too... arrrrggg

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #570 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 02:55:02 »
I just watched Gundam 00 awakening of trailblazer.
Holy **** that movie was so bad.
It reminded me of my university's hippie pride.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #571 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 06:23:12 »
90% of all gundam ova/movies are just pure trash, and really just try to bank on the series to just get some quick cash. The only one off the top of my head that deserves a "it's good" is char's counter-attack, which imo is one of the top 3 anything gundam.(i'm not an old gundam lover, seed is actually my favorite series... but i try really hard to forget destiny ****)

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #572 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 05:50:22 »
I finally got around to watching Future Diary. It was recommended to me earlier in this thread.

Amazing.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 17:41:27 »
I JUST FINISHED HITSUGI NO CHAIKA SEASON 1 YESTERDAY AND MY MIND IS SO FULL OF **** AND ****

Also Initial D translations needs to finish so I can put an end to x amount of years of my life.
I love Elzy

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #574 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 17:56:25 »
Anyone watching Mahouka? While I don't think it will become a super must see anime, it's good enough to have fun watching it so far.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:53:35 »
I JUST FINISHED HITSUGI NO CHAIKA SEASON 1 YESTERDAY AND MY MIND IS SO FULL OF **** AND ****

Also Initial D translations needs to finish so I can put an end to x amount of years of my life.

Been wanting to watch that but I just started up Evangelion so I'm gonna get through that first.

I know I'm late  :-[

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:54:29 »

Been wanting to watch that but I just started up Evangelion so I'm gonna get through that first.

I know I'm late  :-[

LMFAO ur in for a mind full of **** regardless have fun my brave friend you poor thing
I love Elzy

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #577 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 14:27:13 »
Anyone watching Mahouka? While I don't think it will become a super must see anime, it's good enough to have fun watching it so far.

Haven't watched anything from spring season yet besides the first ep of NGNL last night.  I assumed it was just going to be some mediocre harem anime and was reluctant to start it.  It surprised me since the myanimelist rating jumped from like a 7.5 to an 8+ after 4 ep's or so.  But i plan on trying mahouka, chaika, knights of sidonia, mekakucity actors, and black bullet.

Really excited for summer though.  Akame ga kill, aldnoah zero (especially cause of the great staff and that kalafina music), zankyou no terror, and maybe tokyo ghoul.

And after seeing the Satsuki nendoroid today...I might have to get my first figurine. 
More

GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #578 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 14:35:33 »
Dat nendo got personality

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #579 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 14:57:33 »
Wdf this thread EXISTS!?

Yeah but dat satsuki doesn't have ass like the real one

I just finished Mekakucity actors and it wasn't half bad; very vague and had a lot of gaps in storytelling though

Fking mahouka though... wdf is this anime and why am I still watching it lol

Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #580 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 15:08:37 »
Wdf this thread EXISTS!?

I just finished Mekakucity actors and it wasn't half bad; very vague and had a lot of gaps in storytelling though

lol personally I'd rather have one without the fan service.  Definitely wouldn't get one with her transformed.

As for mekaku I believe it was originally based off vocaloid songs so I really don't expect a great story.  I juts really liked the songs they're based off of and I usually like Shaft's works.  Though I heard people didn't like mekaku as much but that might also be because Shaft was trying to do too many shows at once (hanamonogatari+nisekoi+mekaku).

Oh and for mahouka honestly the main reason I want to try it is because of how many people are in it from oreimo.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Anime Thread
« Reply #581 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 15:34:07 »
Wdf this thread EXISTS!?

lol personally I'd rather have one without the fan service.  Definitely wouldn't get one with her transformed.

As for mekaku I believe it was originally based off vocaloid songs so I really don't expect a great story.  I juts really liked the songs they're based off of and I usually like Shaft's works.  Though I heard people didn't like mekaku as much but that might also be because Shaft was trying to do too many shows at once (hanamonogatari+nisekoi+mekaku).

Oh and for mahouka honestly the main reason I want to try it is because of how many people are in it from oreimo.

It has a concrete story, but apparently it needs the combined knowledge of all the previous forms of media for the series (manga , LN, MVs) in order to make any sense of the true plot

And as for satsuki's ass, I was kidding
The nendo needs larger eyebrows though

Mahouka is like one of those guilty pleasure animes now.
The pacing is piss-poor, each episode is another 'adventure into oni-sama's room', and we will get excommunicated if we don't bow down and praise our lord and saviour, Tatsuya--yet the animation and  concept could have made it turn out completely different
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 June 2014, 15:36:20 by CK Briefs »

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #582 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 15:40:05 »
i just finished my first anime season ever. shingeki no kyojin. sho good.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #583 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 15:41:34 »
It's been so long... We should Lock this thread and create a new one.. to list the New Animes people have been watching..

assuming there has been new anime that people here r watching..

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #584 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 15:50:55 »
It's been so long... We should Lock this thread and create a new one.. to list the New Animes people have been watching..

assuming there has been new anime that people here r watching..
i suppose so. 2 years seems to be a long time when it comes to new anime :p

Offline Lanx

« Reply #585 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 23:59:28 »
was only able to get sun tickets (ny comic con site went bust on 3 day tickets). since i moved near ny (since i moved out years ago) i can go, actually wife wanted to go. i think i'll cosplay an asian tourist and take pics of bad cosplay.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #586 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 01:31:23 »
Lain forever, but there are many good ones. I've seen 100's of series for almost 15 years now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #587 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 02:56:30 »
Lain forever, but there are many good ones. I've seen 100's of series for almost 15 years now.

Anything you would recommend that's recent?

Offline dantan

« Reply #588 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:14:54 »
was only able to get sun tickets (ny comic con site went bust on 3 day tickets). since i moved near ny (since i moved out years ago) i can go, actually wife wanted to go. i think i'll cosplay an asian tourist and take pics of bad cosplay.

Or cosplay a policeman and do pat downs and cavity searches?

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #589 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:42:44 »
I just keep rewatching Daily Lives of High School Boys.
Just an all-around great comedy series, not to mention it's refreshing to see an SoL about guys just shootin' the ****.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #590 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:23:10 »
Just an all-around great comedy series, not to mention it's refreshing to see an SoL about guys just shootin' the ****.

---This ^^^ is legit-ly the gayest post I've ever read on GH..

Your assembly of elements.

-Young Boys
-Slice of Life
-Packing fudge

... no, Tp4 is not anti-gay... u guys do whateves u like

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #591 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:25:11 »

Show Image

-Young Boys
-Slice of Life
-Packing fudge

Show Image

You're silly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #592 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:26:01 »

Show Image

-Young Boys
-Slice of Life
-Packing fudge

Show Image

You're silly.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #593 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:44:49 »
Slice of life isn't 'gay' per se

And do they actually jerk it on screen like shinji?

And how many of you are excited for the summer season?

I'm looking out for aldnoah.zero, Akame ga kill, Zankyou no terror, and glasslip. Sao II for the nostalgia and entertainment factor; maybe it'll surprise me

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #594 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:49:44 »

If you're asking about Daily Lives of High School Boys, it's not like that at all.
If you like SoL at all, it behooves you to give it a try.

Here's a ****ty YT link of part of the first episode.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #595 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 03:59:51 »

If you're asking about Daily Lives of High School Boys, it's not like that at all.

I'm on mobile with little data to spare so I can't watch

It's been recommended to me and it seems like a good break from all of the incoming action series

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #596 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 04:06:04 »

I'm not knocking the show bro..  I'll take ur word for it that it's a fine anime..

I was just casually pointing out that your post #589 had a really gay-assembly-of-words.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #597 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 04:08:25 »

I'm looking out for aldnoah.zero, Akame ga kill, Zankyou no terror, and glasslip. Sao II for the nostalgia and entertainment factor; maybe it'll surprise me

any good finished animes you'd rec so far into June?

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #598 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 04:20:13 »

Show Image

Finished as in story complete or finished as in done for the season?

Recent animes (fall 2013 -summer 2014) that I'd recommend:
- Attack on Titan (a bit overhyped, but it's honestly great)
- No game No life (there needs to be a season 2; very deserving of being mentioned for anime of the season, alongside ping pong)
- Knights of Sidonia (I haven't watched it, but I've heard if you can get used to the cgi, it's quite the total package)

Random anime that I'd recommend in no order whatsoever:

- code geass
- mahou shoujo madoka magica
- psycho-pass
- fate/zero
- kokoro connect
- neon genesis evangelion + End of evangelion + Rebuild
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Durarara!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #599 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 04:27:10 »

Show Image

Finished as in story complete or finished as in done for the season?

Recent animes (fall 2013 -summer 2014) that I'd recommend:
- Attack on Titan (a bit overhyped, but it's honestly great)
- No game No life (there needs to be a season 2; very deserving of being mentioned for anime of the season, alongside ping pong)
- Knights of Sidonia (I haven't watched it, but I've heard if you can get used to the cgi, it's quite the total package)

Random anime that I'd recommend in no order whatsoever:

- code geass
- mahou shoujo madoka magica
- psycho-pass
- fate/zero
- kokoro connect
- neon genesis evangelion + End of evangelion + Rebuild
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Durarara!!

haha... finished as in I can DL the whole thing..