Author Topic: Anime Thread  (Read 386191 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Anime Thread
« Reply #1100 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 01:53:18 »
Guys, anyone watching Heavy Object?

Am currently watching it, so far liking it.

Love how two flesh-and-blood soldiers that don't wear helmets taking out technologically advanced military weapons called Objects with them skills and strategies   :eek: :eek:

I saw this , good stuff..  the story/plot is anime-generic ,  but Hey I like Anything with robots..

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1101 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 01:55:54 »

Love how two flesh-and-blood soldiers that don't wear helmets taking out technologically advanced military weapons called Objects with them skills and strategies   :eek: :eek:

I saw this , good stuff..  the story/plot is anime-generic ,  but Hey I like Anything with robots..

I see, right now Im at episode 6 only... so far liking how they "handle" the Objects part  :cool:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1102 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 01:57:59 »

I see, right now Im at episode 6 only... so far liking how they "handle" the Objects part  :cool:

I love the commander, Frolaytia Capistrano,  97/58/81(cm),  Although the 97 is probably 120 in reality numbers instead of anime numbers..

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1103 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 02:01:07 »

I love the commander, Frolaytia Capistrano,  97/58/81(cm),  Although the 97 is probably 120 in reality numbers instead of anime numbers..

+ 1 with Frolaytia

Frolaytia, although Havia questions her age of 18 with that bust, but since she's voiced by Itou Shizuka, say no more  ;D

edit: Hey Tp, did you watch Macross Delta? I just watched episode 01, it turned out better than I expected and it is surprising... in a good way of course
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 April 2016, 04:33:37 by rurushu »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1104 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:44:33 »
I'm having my Lunner right now.. watched 4minutes and 58 seconds so far of Macross Delta..

The anime pop music thing is getting out of hand. it seems like that's taking such a central role, that it makes no sense..

But I guess music cds are still the best way to monetize..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1105 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 14:07:16 »
I checked out Psycho Pass recently and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of cool tech. I'm not crazy about the intro but I'll definitely watch the first season if only for the gadgets :eek:

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1107 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 01:17:21 »
I'm having my Lunner right now.. watched 4minutes and 58 seconds so far of Macross Delta..

The anime pop music thing is getting out of hand. it seems like that's taking such a central role, that it makes no sense..

But I guess music cds are still the best way to monetize..

Yea, I was so facepalm by it during the first 15 minutes, but then.... the following 10 minutes.... I have to give it second thought because it becomes serious shyt and everything becomes so awesome that I can forgive the pop music part altogether  :cool:

I checked out Psycho Pass recently and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of cool tech. I'm not crazy about the intro but I'll definitely watch the first season if only for the gadgets :eek:

Psycho-Pass, I only watched s1, not yet start s2 and movie, the Dominator gun is sick  ;D

the concept and story is very gooding, expecting no less from Urobutcher  :cool:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1108 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 02:22:50 »

Psycho-Pass, I only watched s1, not yet start s2 and movie, the Dominator gun is sick  ;D

the concept and story is very gooding, expecting no less from Urobutcher  :cool:

The allegory to reality from psychopath, is that all of our leaders are psychos, which gives them a clear competitive advantage against less aggressive people.

And their choice of work is to hire other psychos to Thwart the possibility of yet MORE psychos who would challenge them..

Thereby creating a perfect nation / world of sheep-human..

The problem here is,  OK, fine, sheep human.. THEN WHAT... what now... you've got your sheep,  what are you gonna do with them.. you've already got 10 sweaters for every person.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1109 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 02:37:18 »

The allegory to reality from psychopath, is that all of our leaders are psychos, which gives them a clear competitive advantage against less aggressive people.

And their choice of work is to hire other psychos to Thwart the possibility of yet MORE psychos who would challenge them..

Thereby creating a perfect nation / world of sheep-human..

The problem here is,  OK, fine, sheep human.. THEN WHAT... what now... you've got your sheep,  what are you gonna do with them.. you've already got 10 sweaters for every person.

hahaha... yes, the story is ****ed up, but that is like an alternate future of Japan, should they decide to shut themselves from the world, which they didnt do in the real world.

In such society, what is happening in pyscho-pass is only natural, and the Sibyl system or (the brains of the pyschos) are the one discussing/ debating on whether or not who is guilty and should those people be executed or else, and for those that Sibyl could not determine their hostility, Sibyl  will "recruit" them to join Sibyl system, as it might think that those persons that it could not judge are having the same kind of thinking as theirs and thus should join them in their cause to "manage" and "govern" the society.

I think the aim of Sibyl system is to create a "peaceful" and "manageable" society where crimes and potential criminals can be prevented even before it happens but in truth Sibyl goes full Skynet... LOL...

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #1110 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 03:15:48 »
Misdirection Overflow *not the gif

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1111 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:42:35 »
why is this thread so quiet in GH.... no love for anime from GHers?  :'( :'(

On another note, after reaching episode 17 of Heavy Objects, I think JCStaff improved alot in their 3D animation, the ones in HO is kind of "unique" and not as stiff like some studios....  :cool:

Also dropping some random anime suggestions of the day:

WORKING!! -----> all 3 seasons (comedy + slice of life)
Kill La Kill     -----> abit NSFW, but the fight animation is imcomparable (battle action)
Afro Samurai ----> Western people as samurai wearing Nike AirMax-like slippers (battle action)
Inou Battle   -----> comedy
Blassreiter    -----> one of the best by Gonzo, one of my personal fav (battle action)
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ -----> hitman/ assassin
Black Lagoon  ------------------------------------> somewhat similar genre to Phantom, but different
Hunter x Hunter (2011 by Madhouse)  ---> nuff said

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:07:52 »
Kill La Kill ; Afro Samurai ; Inou Battle ; Blassreiter ; Phantom ; Black Lagoon
I haven’t seen these

I watched 2 episodes a couple years ago, but it didn’t seem very engaging; I didn’t see the point. What did you like about it?

I recommend skipping this one. Some of the animation is well done, there’s some decent voice acting, and some of the plot ideas are kind of interesting, but well over half of the content is filler, sometimes 10 minutes repeated almost verbatim from one episode to another, with long tedious voiceovers telling us what to think. The plot is filled with “shocking” / violent elements, as if to imply that the show is for a mature audience, but the themes are so moralistic and heavy handed, with so much gratuitous explanation, that the show was surely written for a 10–15-year-old audience who need a lot of hand holding to understand what’s going on. I felt like they only had 30–40 episodes worth of ideas, but they needed to fill out 5x that much time, so they just padded what they had to the max. In other words, the producer/director have no respect for the audience.

After watching this you’ll feel depressed that you wasted so much time. Given the amount of internet hype, I had medium-high expectations, but was very underwhelmed. With the same amount of time investment, you can finish 12 full one-season shows, or go design and build a new custom keyboard or paint a mural or something.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:16:11 by jacobolus »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1113 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:24:10 »
Afro Samurai reminded me of Samurai Champloo, the same dark kill or be killed vibe. Main difference imo is that Afro Samurai has that American edge to it. Which I guess would be hit or miss for some people? I watched one episode of Black Lagoon. Seems alright, the gear is pretty cool

I recently started Welcome To The N.H.K. I don't know which I like more, NHK, or Psycho Pass. They're both completely mental, but I like that

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:26:45 »
Kill La Kill ; Afro Samurai ; Inou Battle ; Blassreiter ; Phantom ; Black Lagoon
I haven’t seen these

I watched 2 episodes a couple years ago, but it didn’t seem very engaging; I didn’t see the point. What did you like about it?

I recommend skipping this one. Some of the animation is well done, there’s some decent voice acting, and some of the plot ideas are kind of interesting, but well over half of the content is filler, sometimes 10 minutes repeated almost verbatim from one episode to another, with long tedious voiceovers telling us what to think. The plot is filled with “shocking” / violent elements, as if to imply that the show is for a mature audience, but the themes are so moralistic and heavy handed, with so much gratuitous explanation, that the show was surely written for a 10–15-year-old audience who need a lot of hand holding to understand what’s going on. I felt like they only had 30–40 episodes worth of ideas, but they needed to fill out 5x that much time, so they just padded what they had to the max. In other words, the producer/director have no respect for the audience.

After watching this you’ll feel depressed that you wasted so much time. Given the amount of internet hype, I had medium-high expectations, but was very underwhelmed. With the same amount of time investment, you can finish 12 full one-season shows, or go design and build a new custom keyboard or paint a mural or something.

Kill La Kill, you have to see it for yourself, even one episode is good enough  :cool:
but just to let you know, it is a love it or hate it relationship with this one.

As for WORKING!! well, that is the main point of it, it is about a bunch of people working as part-timers in a restaurant and their daily shenenigans  :))

For Hunter x Hunter I followed it till the last 10 episodes I think, cannot bring myself to finish it because it will reminds me that there will be no more of it  :'(
So far I like how it turns out, but maybe that is because I didnt watch the previous ones.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:53:27 »
Hey babes, would someone please recommend something for me to start that is on Netflix?
All I've seen on the Netflix listings are fma, sword art, death note,  hxh,  attack on Titan

I'm open to anything other that high-school drama anime

Offline zearoh

« Reply #1116 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:45:50 »

On another note, after reaching episode 17 of Heavy Objects, I think JCStaff improved alot in their 3D animation, the ones in HO is kind of "unique" and not as stiff like some studios....  :cool:

Kill La Kill     -----> abit NSFW, but the fight animation is imcomparable (battle action)
Afro Samurai ----> Western people as samurai wearing Nike AirMax-like slippers (battle action)
Blassreiter    -----> one of the best by Gonzo, one of my personal fav (battle action)
Black Lagoon  ------------------------------------> somewhat similar genre to Phantom, but different

I liked Kill La Kill, Afro Samurai, and I loved Black Lagoon. Revy was a beast! Looks like I'll have to look into Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ sometime in the future when I've finished Baby Steps.

Akame Ga Kill was pretty good, starts out with a kind of light tone to it but by the end of the first episode it shows you it's anything but...

Darker Than Black was also really enjoyable to watch, not really sure how to describe that one it's just good imo.

Baka to Tesuto to Shōkanjū is one of my favorite comedies. Pretty inappropriate and probably not for everyone but I found it very amusing!

Hey babes, would someone please recommend something for me to start that is on Netflix?
All I've seen on the Netflix listings are fma, sword art, death note,  hxh,  attack on Titan

Gurren Lagann, K, Durarara!!, Soul Eater, Aldnoah Zero, Samurai Champloo, Kill La Kill. and Knights of Sidonia (which admittedly almost turned me away at first) are all pretty good imo :)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1117 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 21:58:28 »

I liked Kill La Kill, Afro Samurai, and I loved Black Lagoon. Revy was a beast! Looks like I'll have to look into Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ sometime in the future when I've finished Baby Steps.

Akame Ga Kill was pretty good, starts out with a kind of light tone to it but by the end of the first episode it shows you it's anything but...

Darker Than Black was also really enjoyable to watch, not really sure how to describe that one it's just good imo.

Baka to Tesuto to Shōkanjū is one of my favorite comedies. Pretty inappropriate and probably not for everyone but I found it very amusing!

Gurren Lagann, K, Durarara!!, Soul Eater, Aldnoah Zero, Samurai Champloo, Kill La Kill. and Knights of Sidonia (which admittedly almost turned me away at first) are all pretty good imo :)

Dayum, how can I forget Darker than Black and Durarara!!, both watched and dayum they are awesome!!!
Still praying that one day can have new Darker than Black, every season's end is a blardy cliffhanger!!! Where did Hei go?!

Got eye on Sidonia for awhile, but havent start it, maybe it is time, ONLY AFTER I finished Heavy Objects  :cool:

Offline mauri

« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 16:05:41 »
stumbled upon a show called Koutetsujou no Kabaneri recently, there are only two episodes out but I'm already hooked.

think attack on titan but with trains and zombies. definitely one of the best spring season shows for me along with re:zero.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 April 2016, 16:11:18 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 23:35:43 »
stumbled upon a show called Koutetsujou no Kabaneri recently, there are only two episodes out but I'm already hooked.

think attack on titan but with trains and zombies. definitely one of the best spring season shows for me along with re:zero.

well, that is because Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is by the same studio/ team that did Shingeki no Kyojin a.k.a. Wit Studio  :cool:

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #1120 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 07:34:33 »
Gintama (best of the best [gag comedy + action])
Trigun (old but gold)
Hataraku Maou-sama (action comedy)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka (it isnt what you think it is)
GTO (life lessons)
Fate/Zero -> Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (probably the most beautiful anime youll ever see, also really good action)
Hellsing Ultimate (violence and sarcasm)
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (comedy and common anime troupes)
No Game No Life (eye candy and overpowered main characters)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (the manliest of men)
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Romcom, more comedy than romance, youll see what i mean)
Yowamushi Pedal (who knew bicycling would be so interesting)
Toradora! (everybody's favorite romcom)
Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun (interesting characters)
Log Horizon (Sword art but better IMO)
Assassination Classroom (light-hearted action that slowly gets more intense, but not too intense)
Shokugeki no Souma (foodporn + borderline porn)
One Punch Man (you need to watch this)
Ajin (what is it like to be immortal?)
Macross (Gundam... but about music and love triangles)
Suisei no Gargantia (great plot twist at the end)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (everybody's favorite shoujo aside from ouran host club)
Ore Monogatari (You can watch the first 3 episodes by itself, or watch the entire series and have the same effect)
Claymore (berserk but female)
Berserk 2016 (not out yet, but god damn I can't wait)
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1121 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 09:33:40 »
Gintama (best of the best [gag comedy + action])
Trigun (old but gold)
Hataraku Maou-sama (action comedy)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka (it isnt what you think it is)
GTO (life lessons)
Fate/Zero -> Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (probably the most beautiful anime youll ever see, also really good action)
Hellsing Ultimate (violence and sarcasm)
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (comedy and common anime troupes)
No Game No Life (eye candy and overpowered main characters)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (the manliest of men)
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Romcom, more comedy than romance, youll see what i mean)
Yowamushi Pedal (who knew bicycling would be so interesting)
Toradora! (everybody's favorite romcom)
Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun (interesting characters)
Log Horizon (Sword art but better IMO)
Assassination Classroom (light-hearted action that slowly gets more intense, but not too intense)
Shokugeki no Souma (foodporn + borderline porn)
One Punch Man (you need to watch this)
Ajin (what is it like to be immortal?)
Macross (Gundam... but about music and love triangles)
Suisei no Gargantia (great plot twist at the end)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (everybody's favorite shoujo aside from ouran host club)
Ore Monogatari (You can watch the first 3 episodes by itself, or watch the entire series and have the same effect)
Claymore (berserk but female)
Berserk 2016 (not out yet, but god damn I can't wait)

nice list, could use some of your recommendation once I finished my backlog  :D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1122 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 09:58:50 »
Oh man, I just finished Welcome To NHK yesterday. I was already in too deep before I realized it is a romantic comedy. :confused:

Offline mauri

« Reply #1123 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 12:09:09 »

well, that is because Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is by the same studio/ team that did Shingeki no Kyojin a.k.a. Wit Studio  :cool:

they don't make the source material though do they?

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1124 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 03:20:05 »

they don't make the source material though do they?

Nope, Wit Studio just adapt them into animes, FYI Wit Studio is one of the many child studios of Production I.G  :cool:

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1125 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 21:02:35 »
Finished Heavy Object, now I want a season 2 for it  :(

Anyone here watching Utawarerumono and Utawarerumono 2 Itsuwari no Kamen?
Watched S1 and S2 now around half.... so far so good  :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1126 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 21:14:06 »

The issue I started to think was silly after about a week after watching it, is that All of those guns on the objects are -rail-guns-

So... if at any point they're Firing out of order..  the Object should actually TURN or Spin around or even flip over, given how big those guns are..

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1127 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 21:33:20 »

The issue I started to think was silly after about a week after watching it, is that All of those guns on the objects are -rail-guns-

So... if at any point they're Firing out of order..  the Object should actually TURN or Spin around or even flip over, given how big those guns are..
Show Image

Show Image

hahaha, that one I think it is compensated by the weights of the Object itself, I think every episode when they go into commercial they got show the data of the Objects and the weight I think is enough to offset the recoil of those guns  :)

I think there are other things that are more "silly" in this anime than the rail guns on objects.

i. Qwenthur: "Can I have some guns? It is dangerous to move around battlefield full of enemy hostiles without any firearm to protect myself."
   Frolaytia: "Oh no I can't authorize to allow personnel who have yet to complete the firearm training to have firearms!"
   Qwenthur: "Oh... okay...."
   Frolaytia: "But here, have some C4s as replacement, you can have those instead."
   Qwenthur: ".......... Ok."

ii. Two flesh-and-blood soldiers moving around in battlefield filled with enemies and Objects of Mass Destruction and yet, they DO NOT WEAR HELMETS. Even when EVERYONE ELSE is wearing them in the battlefield... I think they are protected by Plot Power as they say "Main characterss do not die?"

:)) :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1128 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 21:39:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

hahaha, that one I think it is compensated by the weights of the Object itself, I think every episode when they go into commercial they got show the data of the Objects and the weight I think is enough to offset the recoil of those guns  :)

Well, yea, the mass would be enough if it was Anchored..  but we see it fire while moving, and the rounds do not impact the momentum of the object..

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #1129 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 19:24:20 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1130 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 02:42:43 »
Has there been any shows lately, where it's NOT totally formulaic ?

Also, that it isn't one of those revealer animes that take 9 episodes to tell you something which could've been summed up in 1 sentence..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1131 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 02:58:13 »
I'm feeling like I need to watch Steins;Gate again. Maybe I missed something when I watched it the first time :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1132 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 03:12:20 »
I'm feeling like I need to watch Steins;Gate again. Maybe I missed something when I watched it the first time :p

What could you have missed..

it's a very straight forward anime,  the only reason it was "confusing" was because they told the damn thing backwards,  and made unrealistic character interactions..

Like, why did that time travel daughter not reveal her intentions instantly.. would've saved 10 episodes.. 

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1133 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 03:19:45 »

it's a very straight forward anime,  the only reason it was "confusing" was because they told the damn thing backwards,  and made unrealistic character interactions..

Like, why did that time travel daughter not reveal her intentions instantly.. would've saved 10 episodes..

from the way you give your comments, I think you will not appreciate animes like Blast of Tempest or The Garden of Sinners...  :(

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1134 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 03:21:14 »

I liked the subtle changes in the characters. Like when Kuriso secretly tricks Okabe into drinking something other than Dr. Pepper. :p I would rewatch Steins;Gate for the same reason I would rewatch Scrubs.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1135 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 03:26:43 »

from the way you give your comments, I think you will not appreciate animes like Blast of Tempest or The Garden of Sinners...  :(

I think my issue is,  these guys are creating story arcs, for the sake of creating story arcs..

hahahaha..  They intentionally create preposterously unrealistic miscommunications.

And in many animes of late,  the characters are extremely slow to act.. 

In most cases, they could solve problems instantly, within the episode, but they drag this out..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1136 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 03:56:57 »

I think my issue is,  these guys are creating story arcs, for the sake of creating story arcs..

hahahaha..  They intentionally create preposterously unrealistic miscommunications.

And in many animes of late,  the characters are extremely slow to act.. 

In most cases, they could solve problems instantly, within the episode, but they drag this out..

Show Image

Pretty much the mechanics to most modern comedy shows

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1137 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:00:16 »
Has there been a  particular series made for  Older audiences?

I'm trying to go through the top anime lists,  and the majority, despite being fan-promoted as Deep and Thought-provoking,  IMO would only be the case for a young-guy..

Like Death Parade,  this was a total letdown..  You see more complex drama at a regular work Office..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1138 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:04:29 »
Black Lagoon is heavy enough for most adults that I know. Might be a tad too heavy for some, definitely nsfw. I'm up to episode seven of the first season so far and I've got to say that I've liked every part of every episode.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1139 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:06:42 »
Black Lagoon is heavy enough for most adults that I know. Might be a tad too heavy for some, definitely nsfw. I'm up to episode seven of the first season so far and I've got to say that I've liked every part of every episode.

It's on the burner..

I'm making ramen in preparation to watch...

Can't watch anime without ramen...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1140 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:09:07 »
Also started watching with the subtitles in the middle of the screen..

hahaha. .I was against this for the longest time..  Then I realized,  I don't really care about the picture that much...  I just need the plot as fast as possible.. with some clear-enuff fight scenes going in the back..

Offline shortround

• Scoot jockey, nomad trash.
« Reply #1141 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:16:59 »

I would have recommended "Darker than Black" but it's no longer there.  Sword art Online is a good one, and so is Attack on Titan, but they only have 1 season of that.  The Netflix selection has dwindled. 

Has there been a  particular series made for  Older audiences?

I'm trying to go through the top anime lists,  and the majority, despite being fan-promoted as Deep and Thought-provoking,  IMO would only be the case for a young-guy..

Like Death Parade,  this was a total letdown..  You see more complex drama at a regular work Office..

I would suggest the Ghost in the Shell movies and series.  Not kiddy at all with adult plots containing hacking, espionage etc.  I would suggest starting with the original movie if you haven't seen it yet.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:19:11 by shortround »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1142 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:18:27 »
Also started watching with the subtitles in the middle of the screen..

hahaha. .I was against this for the longest time..  Then I realized,  I don't really care about the picture that much...  I just need the plot as fast as possible.. with some clear-enuff fight scenes going in the back..

If you want the plot to be as fast as possible you might be watching the wrong show :))

Edit - I fast forward through the intro though, fierce but not my kind of stuff
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:24:19 by csmertx »

Offline TwitchXL

« Reply #1143 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:34:55 »
One piece for me is what I look forward to every week.

recently I watched One Piece man and Akame no Ga Kill.

I enjoyed these.
Filco MJ2

Offline mauri

« Reply #1144 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 05:19:37 »
Ya'll hyped for the new summer anime? The list looked really stacked.

New berserk, food wars s2, relife, mob psycho 100, seven deadly sins s2 and tons of other good stuff.

https://static.neregate.com/2016/04/neregate.com-Summer-2016-Anime-Chart-v1.jpg

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1145 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 15:25:11 »

New berserk, food wars s2, relife, mob psycho 100, seven deadly sins s2 and tons of other good stuff.

this is gonna be fun  :cool:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1146 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 13:17:14 »
Is a Crunchy Roll subscription worth it?

I just went through hell batch converting PGS subtitles.. It works, but this is really slow because it goes through OCR.. at least it works by batch.. still slow though.

Also, can the crunchy roll subtitles be moved to the center of the screen?

Offline rurushu

« Reply #1147 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 23:18:56 »

I just went through hell batch converting PGS subtitles.. It works, but this is really slow because it goes through OCR.. at least it works by batch.. still slow though.

Show Image

Never used crunchyroll... created an account before they gone commercial, but never really use it.
If I wanted to watch one without downloading, I would go to kissanime, totally fine with streaming 1080p if your connection is stable and up to speed.

Tp you normally download and watch or stream?

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #1148 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 23:25:24 »

Show Image

Used crunchyroll for a long time, it's nice if you want HQ streaming with good subs. I've watched some shows before on other sites with community subs and they can be awful so I just pay unless it's not available on any paid sites.

Nope, can't move the subs.

Hopefully new  Berserk and D.Grey Man are good.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 May 2016, 23:29:35 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1149 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 03:01:51 »

Show Image

Never used crunchyroll... created an account before they gone commercial, but never really use it.
If I wanted to watch one without downloading, I would go to kissanime, totally fine with streaming 1080p if your connection is stable and up to speed.

Tp you normally download and watch or stream?

I dl, because I'm not early bird enough to catch the streamable bandwidth.