Author Topic: Clothes thread  (Read 75405 times)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
Re: Clothes thread
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:24:24 »
Levis 501 shrink to fits!

50 bucks on their website! I could do that!

How does their sizing work? I am looking for something more towards the SLIM/skinny scale (really dislike WIDE pant leg styles)

Edit: for example, the bottom of the pants look way too wide for my taste!

I can't speak to the fit of the 501s, but the 511s fit pretty close (even though I still usually pin them).

Would this be the pair?

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-jeans/p/045110241

How often are you wash raw denim for first time? Or after that.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #351 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:27:16 »

How does their sizing work? I am looking for something more towards the SLIM/skinny scale (really dislike WIDE pant leg styles)

I can't speak to the fit of the 501s, but the 511s fit pretty close (even though I still usually pin them).

Would this be the pair?

Yep, those are the ones. I have yet to wash either of my pairs of raw denim (never throw the Levi's in the washing machine either). One pair I've had for about a month, the other since Christmas. Though I have to wear a uniform everyday, so neither pair gets a ton of use. Really how often you wash them just kinda depends on how much you feel like. You could do it a few times a year, once a year, or every few years if you're hardcore. And even then just a soak in water. In between washes you can just hang them up outside for a bit if they start to smell a bit.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #352 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:28:56 »

Would this be the pair?

Yep, those are the ones. I have yet to wash either of my pairs of raw denim (never throw the Levi's in the washing machine either). One pair I've had for about a month, the other since Christmas. Though I have to wear a uniform everyday, so neither pair gets a ton of use.

Is there a magic number on how often you are suppose to wash it? Are you also saying you never wash your regular Levi's too?

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #353 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:30:07 »

Would this be the pair?

Yep, those are the ones. I have yet to wash either of my pairs of raw denim (never throw the Levi's in the washing machine either). One pair I've had for about a month, the other since Christmas. Though I have to wear a uniform everyday, so neither pair gets a ton of use.

Is there a magic number on how often you are suppose to wash it? Are you also saying you never wash your regular Levi's too?

check the edit ;). And I just kinda hand wash the 511s. Not really necessary, but w/e

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #354 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:34:21 »

Would this be the pair?

check the edit ;). And I just kinda hand wash the 511s. Not really necessary, but w/e

Awesome! Thanks for the info! It seems the general consensus for raw jeans is to just wash as few times as possible. I really want to get into raw denim and it seems like a pair of 511's water< would do!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:37:21 »
Awesome! Thanks for the info! It seems the general consensus for raw jeans is to just wash as few times as possible. I really want to get into raw denim and it seems like a pair of 511's water< would do!

Well, for actual starter raw denim, I'd check out Gustin. They have a lot of pairs on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #356 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:43:06 »

Well, for actual starter raw denim, I'd check out Gustin. They have a lot of pairs on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Do you have any pairs and can you speak for any fit similar to 511's?

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:04:44 »

Do you have any pairs and can you speak for any fit similar to 511's?

Well actually I have a pair of Naked and Famous Left Hand Twills in a Weird Guy fit and those are basically the same fit as the 511s. For those you'll want to go a size down (so I got a 32 when I normally wear a 34).

Although for the cuffs, you might want to go with the Stacked Guys, as those are made to have slim leg openings
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:14:28 by hwood34 »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:06:18 »
Didn't notice this thread before! Slightly excited to share the stuff I like.

I enjoy:

Left Field NYC Denim
Outlier Pants
Rick Owens jackets
Uniqlo shirts (some tees, some button downs)
H&M or COS basics
CK boxer-briefs (can't forget this one)
CK thin socks
Converse leather JPs in black

It's a bit difficult to describe what I like, but basically I care about good fits, decent materials, durable, willing to spend more on jackets and pants, but love well priced basics. I prefer buying good looking clothes that are simply great looking, timeless, and not so flashy/trendy.

No logos whatsoever, at least nothing gaudy.

I kinda wonder if anyone shares similar preferences, haha.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline iri

« Reply #359 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:29:30 »
Show Image

Show Image

Layer szn
Я АНЯ!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 21:19:41 »
Didn't notice this thread before! Slightly excited to share the stuff I like.

I enjoy:

Left Field NYC Denim
Outlier Pants
Rick Owens jackets
Uniqlo shirts (some tees, some button downs)
H&M or COS basics
CK boxer-briefs (can't forget this one)
CK thin socks
Converse leather JPs in black

It's a bit difficult to describe what I like, but basically I care about good fits, decent materials, durable, willing to spend more on jackets and pants, but love well priced basics. I prefer buying good looking clothes that are simply great looking, timeless, and not so flashy/trendy.

No logos whatsoever, at least nothing gaudy.

I kinda wonder if anyone shares similar preferences, haha.

Can't stand logos either.  Some are okay, but others make me go "wtf?" such as this polo: http://www.eventteesnj.com/images/large/eventteesnj/-Dress-White-Lo-Ralph-Lauren-Big-Logo-Men486_LRG.jpg

Had a few H&M shirt as basics, but have also been using up my local Old Navy and Gap Factory too.
Wish there was a Uniqlo by me to try their stuff on.  Almost snagged some of their selvedge denim when it was on sale, but figured it wouldn't fit well (have large thighs).

Have Converse JPs too.  Although mine are white canvas.  Right now mainly wearing my Clark Desert Boots in beeswax.  Get a lot of compliments on them actually.

Still trying to branch out from just the basics.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 21:29:27 »
Concerning the Levi's 501 STF discussion:

I wear 34x29 ish. So I ordered a pair of 35x30 and I shrunk them according to this guide.

I wash mine about once every 2-3 months. But you can wash them more or less than you want. And you could machine wash them if you like (it says on the tag you can machine wash em) or just soak them. I go for a soak and air dry. You could also just buy them at your exact size (So I'd get a pair of 34x29) and wear them raw. jwaz linked me this when I asked about washing jeans.

Not a valid vimeo URL
I have two pairs of 501STFs. I got one tailored with a slight taper and it's my favorite pair of jeans now.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 22:18:38 »
Concerning the Levi's 501 STF discussion:

I wear 34x29 ish. So I ordered a pair of 35x30 and I shrunk them according to this guide.

I wash mine about once every 2-3 months. But you can wash them more or less than you want. And you could machine wash them if you like (it says on the tag you can machine wash em) or just soak them. I go for a soak and air dry. You could also just buy them at your exact size (So I'd get a pair of 34x29) and wear them raw. jwaz linked me this when I asked about washing jeans.

Not a valid vimeo URL
I have two pairs of 501STFs. I got one tailored with a slight taper and it's my favorite pair of jeans now.

The Levis seem like the most affordable pair and a good gateway into raw denim!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:30:42 »
It seems that Levi's  is dropping the 36Lenght, they are harder and harder to find for me.
They are the only pants long enough for me :|
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 11:24:48 »
Saw a post on /r/FrugalMaleFashion about free 1 year subscription to GQ:  http://gentlemansbox.com/free-year-of-gq-magazine/

The site is advertising their Gentleman's Box. Figured I'd give it a go for $10.  Hope I get a cool pair of socks at the least.

Also found a pair of Levi 508's on Amazon for $30 shipped. Will probably snag a pair of them.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 11:27:14 »
70(+)% off summer clothes at target in November.
Same for winter clothes in May.
Clothes shopping complete for $30 a year.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 23:07:21 »
started laying my clothes out for school the night before to save some time in the morning. last day of exams:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 10:11:57 »
started laying my clothes out for school the night before to save some time in the morning. last day of exams:

Show Image

That's like twice the quantity of clothes I usually wear.  :O  I wouldn't even know what to do with it.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 11:32:31 »

Show Image

That's like twice the quantity of clothes I usually wear.  :O  I wouldn't even know what to do with it.

Picturing you in a bikini making snow angels  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 11:39:53 »

Show Image

Picturing you in a bikini making snow angels  :p

Awww yeeeeeee

^-^

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 17:13:54 »

Show Image

all about da layers ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 17:52:02 »

Show Image

all about da layers ;)

I've also noticed, I've been the only person wearing shorts in China for the past 3 weeks..

Everyone else got long pants and 2 shirts on ever since 75 degrees..

I'm like wtf, I'm still sweating...

Tp4 (Phat 2015)

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #372 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 10:45:34 »
The site is advertising their Gentleman's Box. Figured I'd give it a go for $10.  Hope I get a cool pair of socks at the least.
It arrived yesterday:

At least I got some nice socks.  Have no use for the Kiko leather passport holder or the wooden wooden luggage tag that I forgot to put in the pic. Was worth the try since it was only $10, but have since cancelled.

Grabbed this jacket in a medium at Macys yesterday too:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 20:54:31 »

****'s flipped but you get the idea. Also collar pins are in
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:06:34 by hwood34 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 22:37:28 »
Show Image

Show Image

****'s flipped but you get the idea. Also collar pins are in

That's faaaancy.  :O

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 09:41:57 »

Got a new T-shirt for Christmas.

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #376 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 08:41:53 »
Show Image

I like the shirt.

Been having the hardest time finding a decent pair of pants. I have tried Old Navy; Slim, standard, taper. The Gap; slim, Straight, Standard Taper, and Levi's: 501,511,513,514 all to being disappointed in one way or another. I liked the Levi's 508, but it is becoming more difficult to find in stores as it has been discontinued.  Finally checked out Marshall's and saw a 522.  Heard they were nothing similar to the 508, but figured it wouldn't hurt.

Thing fit like a glove, and was only $25.  And now I'm frustrated as Levi's website had selvedge 522 for $60, and now that I know I like the 522 they remove it.  Just. My. Luck.

Did also buy my first real raw denim/selvedge and should be here Wed.  Pair of UB201 by Unbranded.  Prime shipping + free returns, figured it wouldn't hurt.

Also got this Merona sweatshirt from my brother for Christmas: http://www.target.com/p/men-s-crew-sweatshirt-pomegranate-mystery-merona/-/A-17346731#prodSlot=medium_2_34&term=men+merona  Like it a lot so far

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #377 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 09:30:45 »
Show Image

Haha, this made me lol!
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline ImAWildDeer

• All about that click clack
« Reply #378 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 22:33:05 »
Show Image

I like the shirt.

Been having the hardest time finding a decent pair of pants. I have tried Old Navy; Slim, standard, taper. The Gap; slim, Straight, Standard Taper, and Levi's: 501,511,513,514 all to being disappointed in one way or another. I liked the Levi's 508, but it is becoming more difficult to find in stores as it has been discontinued.  Finally checked out Marshall's and saw a 522.  Heard they were nothing similar to the 508, but figured it wouldn't hurt.

Thing fit like a glove, and was only $25.  And now I'm frustrated as Levi's website had selvedge 522 for $60, and now that I know I like the 522 they remove it.  Just. My. Luck.

Did also buy my first real raw denim/selvedge and should be here Wed.  Pair of UB201 by Unbranded.  Prime shipping + free returns, figured it wouldn't hurt.

Also got this Merona sweatshirt from my brother for Christmas: http://www.target.com/p/men-s-crew-sweatshirt-pomegranate-mystery-merona/-/A-17346731#prodSlot=medium_2_34&term=men+merona  Like it a lot so far

Congrats on the raws. Unbrandeds seem to fade like crazy.
HHKB | Ergodox Infinity | OG Ergodox | Atreus | Planck | WASD V2  | Whitefox | TX1800 | F62

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #379 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:38:28 »
Show Image

I like the shirt.

Congrats on the raws. Unbrandeds seem to fade like crazy.

Thanks, unfortunately they were just a tad too tight. Luckily Amazon prime will allow me to ship them back for free.

Tried on a size 33 while in Indy:

Was the only Unbranded jeans they had left. Sales rep said they had a sale earlier and sold every N&F jean they had. Too bad as I wanted to compare it with the Weird Guy.

Also managed to snag Levi's 522 selvedge in hutching for ~$40 shipped. http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-jeans/p/168820010
Normally $120 on their website.  Might be a little too long, but nothing a hem or cuff couldn't fix.  Really like the 522 I'm wearing right now, but have wanted one in selvedge. Great timing.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #380 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 21:01:35 »
Show Image

Are you actually in your thirties ??  I thought you were late 20s.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:10:22 »
time for a bump?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:15:34 »
time for a bump?

Show Image

more like time for one of these:

is homeless chic making a comeback?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:16:05 »
****, did not expect the picture to be that big. my bad.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:17:47 »
time for a bump?

Show Image

Show Image

what can I say I'm a slave to trends

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:18:39 »
time for a bump?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

> slave to trends
> posts black people
> toppest of keks

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:25:55 »
time for a bump?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

> slave to trends
> posts black people
> toppest of keks

rip

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 20:57:02 »
how come the females never post...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 21:14:45 »
Damn dude, those jeans are ****ED.

But are those red loafers?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 21:24:06 »

that's what i want to know OuO

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 22:13:17 »

more like slippers

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 22:18:10 »

more like slippers

:))

Nice.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #392 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 23:08:47 »
double hood ftw

in other news grailed has been horrible for my wallet

Offline Sniping

« Reply #393 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 23:48:42 »
double hood ftw

Show Image

skrt skrt

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 00:07:27 »
double hood ftw

Show Image

I have to double hood + beanie every day for work because my car heats up so damn slow.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 00:56:24 »
double hood ftw

Show Image

I have to double hood + beanie every day for work because my car heats up so damn slow.
Well this is just one hoodie but with two hoods, head stays pretty warm though...

maybe you should update your ride

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 14:37:20 »
Does anyone on here wear those sweat pants that make you look like you **** yourself and are carrying around terds in your pants?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 14:51:09 »
double hood ftw

Show Image

Well this is just one hoodie but with two hoods, head stays pretty warm though...

Yea it might be double hood..

Or the guy in the mirror is about to steal that hoodie by wearing it out. hahahahaha

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 14:54:24 »
Does anyone on here wear those sweat pants that make you look like you **** yourself and are carrying around terds in your pants?
Show Image

never been big on drop crotch pants. bieber really started that trend and I always thought it looked a little silly especially since it was at a time wear clothes were trending toward becoming more and more fitted and guys were wearing pants right on their waist. I can appreciate wide leg pants but drop crotch ain't for me

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 17:10:09 »

Ah. Yeah I go with a hoodie and a jacket with a hood hah.

I knowwwww. I'm planning to get one in 2018. Not as a replacement but as a second car. I'm so looking forward to it...