Author Topic: What show has you hooked?  (Read 25080 times)

Offline Touch_It

Re: What show has you hooked?
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 21:56:35 »
Lots, but my favorites in order are TWD, it's always sunny (1a/b) arrow, agents of shield, and recently the 100.  Binge watching ftw.  15 episodes in 3 days thus far.  Probably will squeeze in 4 more yet tonight.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 21:58:41 »
Seriously, if the TWD writers kill Daryl, it will be the de facto series finale. I won't watch after that.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:02:19 »
Seriously, if the TWD writers kill Daryl, it will be the de facto series finale. I won't watch after that.

No spoiler! I am a few episodes behind. :P

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:08:17 »

No spoiler! I am a few episodes behind.
I'd never reveal any spoilers here for those who may be behind. But if I say I've stopped watching TWD, you may know something is up. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:10:33 »
I'm currently 6 seasons into 'Curb your Enthusiasm' and it just keeps getting better. Seriously, why didn't I watch this show sooner.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 02:50:01 »
Yeah TWD is getting better, I was about to give up on this show but it's getting better.

Otherwise, atm the show I'm watching : Shameless, Better Call Saul and Vikings, I consider all three of them better than TWD.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 14:52:32 »
Lots, but my favorites in order are TWD, it's always sunny (1a/b) arrow, agents of shield, and recently the 100.  Binge watching ftw.  15 episodes in 3 days thus far.  Probably will squeeze in 4 more yet tonight.
Just got into the 100 about a month ago. Season 1 was great. Season 2 drug on though. I am looking forward to season 3 though. It looks like a promising story line.
I would be shocked if they killed off Daryl. The cool thing about Daryl is, he isn't dictated by the books. So they could do anything with him. With that said, if they kill him off, I am sure the show would be over quickly.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 14:54:16 »
Criminal Minds!

Offline mauri

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 14:06:52 »
iZombie pilot was suprisingly good. Imagine veronica mars was a zombie and instead of being a student she was a medical examiner.

Definitely my new favorite tv show
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 01:48:50 »
I finally broke down and started watching Firefly. It's really damn good, not sure why I kept putting it off. Guess I imagined it would never live up to the hype.

It do.

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 09:49:42 »
I finally broke down and started watching Firefly. It's really damn good, not sure why I kept putting it off. Guess I imagined it would never live up to the hype.

It do.

you're like wow this is so awesome, then you realize you're already on the last disk in the bluray :(.

Yeah TWD is getting better, I was about to give up on this show but it's getting better.

Otherwise, atm the show I'm watching : Shameless, Better Call Saul and Vikings, I consider all three of them better than TWD.

showtime has been killing it lately, shameless, masters, penny. TWD is good considering its not HBO/Show aka Game of thrones budget.

I'm guessing carol for some reason...no i haven't read the comics haha

Offline mauri

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 07:49:40 »
Things got a bit out of hand and I binged Steins gate, Elfen lied and Attack on titan and Eyeshield 21..

It's been a long ass feel trip ._.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 21:37:17 »
RIVER MONSTERS IS BACK, BABY!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 19:07:35 »

It do.

you're like wow this is so awesome, then you realize you're already on the last disk in the bluray :(.

But there's also the Movie Bluray..

THEN..

Depression 

No more Firefly.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 19:16:05 »

It do.

But there's also the Movie Bluray..
Show Image

THEN..

Depression 
Show Image

No more Firefly.

I'm excited for con man. Check it out. It's being written by Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillian. They are in the funding phase on IGG currently and I think they are planning to film in june.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 21:27:52 »
Sooooo sad about Firefly. The sense of loss I sometimes feel is still so raw.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 10:00:28 »
Breaking Bad, wooo!

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 10:06:35 »
Not out yet, but I expect it to be as good as Season 1 was, HBO finally released a teaser for True Detective Season 2.

https://youtu.be/4OfU7CGY5DQ

#hype
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 10:17:16 »
Game of Thrones. I waited until about a month ago to watch the whole series, totally worth it. New season starts this Sunday!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 10:52:41 »
Game of Thrones. I waited until about a month ago to watch the whole series, totally worth it. New season starts this Sunday!

It got lengthy for me..

I don't think they needed to tell the story on most of those characters, they're simply not interesting..

There's the little short dude that's great..

And the Cgi dragons..

the only 2 things I like about the show..

The weakest character IMHO is the blond..  No Nobility in those periods would be un-sexist enough to follow a little fat blond chick into battle.. It's just so unrealistic..

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 11:51:41 »

It got lengthy for me..

I don't think they needed to tell the story on most of those characters, they're simply not interesting..

And the Cgi dragons..

The weakest character IMHO is the blond..  No Nobility in those periods would be un-sexist enough to follow a little fat blond chick into battle.. It's just so unrealistic..

Actually the backstories of most of the charecters are important especially later in the story. I belevieve the TV show is 2 books behind the written series (the newest book is supposed to be realesed "soon"). Not sure who you mean by little fat blond chick... Daenerys is blond, but not fat at all (and she has dragons).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:07:31 »

It got lengthy for me..

And the Cgi dragons..

Actually the backstories of most of the charecters are important especially later in the story. I belevieve the TV show is 2 books behind the written series (the newest book is supposed to be realesed "soon"). Not sure who you mean by little fat blond chick... Daenerys is blond, but not fat at all (and she has dragons).

I get that the story is important to people who care about the book..

But my point is that, to someone who has not invested in the universe.. The characters' stories as presented "on tv" at least is not very enticing.

And I don't know bout how daenery looks in the book..

but on the show, she's this pudgy blond chick, and despite the CGI dragons,  you can't visually take her seriously as a "leader" that old world soldiers would actually follow..

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:08:41 »

It got lengthy for me..

And the Cgi dragons..

But my point is that, to someone who has not invested in the universe.. The characters' stories as presented "on tv" at least is not very enticing.

but on the show, she's this pudgy blond chick, and despite the CGI dragons,  you can't visually take her seriously as a "leader" that old world soldiers would actually follow..

Your definition of pudgy seems skewed.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:35:14 »

It got lengthy for me..

And the Cgi dragons..

I personally think Emilia Clarke is hot a hell and not even remotely pudgy, but the real hotty on that show is Carice Van Houten (the evil looking, fire-obsessed chick in the red dress).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:44:47 »

It got lengthy for me..

And the Cgi dragons..

I didn't say she was fat.. just pudgy from the neck down, 

and that conflicts with this female leader character she's playing..

Now if they had.. Charlize Theron..from "the huntsman" that'd make it a more convincing character.

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:48:24 »

It got lengthy for me..

And the Cgi dragons..

I didn't say she was fat.. just pudgy from the neck down

(Attachment Link)

I stand corrected. Get that ***** a treadmill asap! 

Stay crazy bro.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:49:33 »

It got lengthy for me..

And the Cgi dragons..

I didn't say she was fat.. just pudgy from the neck down, 

and that conflicts with this female leader character she's playing..

(Attachment Link)
wtf tp, that's not remotly close to pudgy.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:55:18 »
So what would YOU guys consider pudgy..

but the "circle" represents what I know of -that- particular word..

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #179 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:59:43 »
Do rewatches count? The Wire still hooks me... the third time through.  :eek:

It's kinda like Topre in that it seems to ruin everyone's desire to try anything else (so I hear).

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 13:03:16 »

It's kinda like Topre in that it seems to ruin everyone's desire to try anything else (so I hear).
I still think the wire season 4 is the greatest season of television, ever.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 13:49:35 »
I still think it is universally accepted by anyone with any taste that the wire season 4 is the greatest season of television, ever.

i wholeheartedly agree. i still get the feels thinking about randy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 16:04:50 »
So I just saw a few epis  of the show "Forever"..  the guy who lives for 200 years, doesn't die, immortal..

So he saves a baby from Auschwitz.. and raises it to adulthood..   In the show, his child is now 60+ yrs old and acts as his sidekick..

Here's the problem...

Judd Hirsch plays the character of the jewish baby grown up..

Now.. THe main character is an ENGLISHMAN, as is his ENGLISH wife..

HOW could the baby completely raised by them grow up to be so "Jew-ee".. hahahaha..  with all full blown jewish mannerisms and hand-gestures and accent and intonations ...

It's such a huge plot hole....

I mean.. the character itself "Abe" is great, and loveable, as is any character played by Judd Hirsch,  but... this is CLEARLY a mistake..   

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 16:13:39 »
I watched all 3 seasons of House of Cards not too long ago, liked it a lot, 3rd season was not as good as the first two though.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:44:44 »
I have really enjoyed Better Call Saul so far. Sorry that season one was so short. I am also re-watching Scrubs and the Office, and just getting into 30 Rock for the first time.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 11:39:07 »
I have really enjoyed Better Call Saul so far. Sorry that season one was so short. I am also re-watching Scrubs and the Office, and just getting into 30 Rock for the first time.

I haven't seen Better Call Saul yet, although I've watched the entire season of Breaking Bad, how is it?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 11:50:27 »

I haven't seen Better Call Saul yet, although I've watched the entire season of Breaking Bad, how is it?

Definitely worth watching. Totally different show. But, the producers make a lot of assumptions about the audience's understanding of Breaking Bad. In that sense, the show couldn't stand on its own, but in another sense they are taking it in a totally different and original direction. Some people seem to think they're taking too long to develop the story but Id' rather have that than have it be rushed.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:07:39 »

Definitely worth watching. Totally different show. But, the producers make a lot of assumptions about the audience's understanding of Breaking Bad. In that sense, the show couldn't stand on its own, but in another sense they are taking it in a totally different and original direction. Some people seem to think they're taking too long to develop the story but Id' rather have that than have it be rushed.

Great! Will find the time to start watching, Better Call Saul  :thumb:

Offline mauri

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 04:07:50 »
So I just saw a few epis  of the show "Forever"..  the guy who lives for 200 years, doesn't die, immortal..

So he saves a baby from Auschwitz.. and raises it to adulthood..   In the show, his child is now 60+ yrs old and acts as his sidekick..

Here's the problem...

HOW could the baby completely raised by them grow up to be so "Jew-ee".. hahahaha..  with all full blown jewish mannerisms and hand-gestures and accent and intonations ...

I mean.. the character itself "Abe" is great, and loveable, as is any character played by Judd Hirsch,  but... this is CLEARLY a mistake..

It's not that far fetched that the jew babys adoptive parents raised him to jewish given that he was rescued from a concentration camp.. Don't most immigrants raise their children about the culture and such of their home? The immortal dude just kicked it up a notch in that regard.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 04:38:40 »

Here's the problem...

It's not that far fetched that the jew babys adoptive parents raised him to jewish given that he was rescued from a concentration camp.. Don't most immigrants raise their children about the culture and such of their home? The immortal dude just kicked it up a notch in that regard.

Unless, you argue that perhaps there were enough other jews around "judd hirch's" character abe while he was growing up to have influenced his demeanor..

It seems impossible that  the main character and his wife (both very British in demeanor) could've imparted so many distinct jewish mannerisms on Abe while having 0 such qualities themselves,

HAHAHAHA

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 04:46:14 »

I still think the wire season 4 is the greatest season of television, ever.

Was season 4 the one with the least mcnutty?

I just finished 12 MONKEYS. That show went from being as bad as the movie to actually something great after the first epIsode.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:24:25 »
Any good sci-fi lately?

Show Image

not exactly sci-fi but I can't recommand Black Mirror enough.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:12:21 »
Any good sci-fi lately?

Show Image

seconded! though that's been set aside as I have finally decided to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion to see what all the hype is about.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:35:36 »
Any good sci-fi lately?

Show Image

seconded! though that's been set aside as I have finally decided to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion to see what all the hype is about.

eva is one of those,,  you get out what you put in type shows..   The animation is like a template where you attach your own story upon.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:52:51 »
Any good sci-fi lately?

Show Image

eva is one of those,,  you get out what you put in type shows..   The animation is like a template where you attach your own story upon.

i don't really care about technical merits of anime, like animation, because at the end of the day it's like 20 fps tops anyway. i prefer to focus on the feel, plot, and impression it leaves. the whole kawaii/otaku thing killed these qualities in most modern anime imo.

so far it's pretty good. soundtrack is very nice too.

Offline LarsMarkelson

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:03:00 »
To chime in on the anime discussion, two recent animes that are in my all time favorite movies/shows/etc. are: Kill La Kill (hilarious, amazing animation, epic) and Ping Pong: The Animation (amazing and unorthodox animation, beautiful art/story).

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 20:11:08 »
To chime in on the anime discussion, two recent animes that are in my all time favorite movies/shows/etc. are: Kill La Kill (hilarious, amazing animation, epic) and Ping Pong: The Animation (amazing and unorthodox animation, beautiful art/story).

Couldn't get into Kill La Kill. It's like they fed Gurren Lagann with steroids and then took away the character development. Too much fanservice.

Vikings on History is another great show! Always been a sucker for Norse mythology.

Offline mauri

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 04:06:27 »
Any good sci-fi lately?

Show Image

i don't really care about technical merits of anime, like animation, because at the end of the day it's like 20 fps tops anyway. i prefer to focus on the feel, plot, and impression it leaves. the whole kawaii/otaku thing killed these qualities in most modern anime imo.

so far it's pretty good. soundtrack is very nice too.

You're in for a disappointment friend.. the ending killed me, I couldn't even be bothered with any of the movies.

E: on the anime topic, I just finished the last season of major.. man that was some heavy ****
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2015, 13:24:07 by mauri »

Offline mauri

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 19:10:46 »
Yoyoyo lets get this **** back on track :thumb:

mr robot's been real interesting i'm kinda getting fight club vibe off it