Author Topic: Hieroglyph caps  (Read 3446 times)

Offline arnuschky

Hieroglyph caps
« on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 06:03:52 »

This is an art project:
In this ongoing series titled Unlikely, artist and photographer Giuseppe Colarusso imagines bizarre and humorous objects, each of which is either technically impossible, improbable, or simply useless in its proposed design. Colarusso tells me via email that many of the pieces he fabricates himself, however some are digitally created in Photoshop. So what’s the point? He hopes each image will make you stop, think and hopefully bring a smile to your face, which is definitely a worthy cause.
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/08/giuseppe-colarusso-unlikely/

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Hieroglyph caps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 06:10:27 »
Interesting.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 06:54:31 »
Intriguing.

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 07:01:06 »
sortawant-inducing

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 07:10:36 »
USe Hieroglyph instead of Otaku,

All the n00bz be m@d cause they can't use the keyboard.

Derp
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline gladysqueen

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 09:26:43 »
very nice!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 17:20:11 »
Novel.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 09:42:41 »
very well done

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 10:13:04 »
I like it.  Any correlation to QWERTY?
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:04:53 »
I thought it would be fun to do a groupbuy with ancient languages some time. Like Akkadian/Sumerian, Phonecian, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Norse Runes, whatever else that is cool looking.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 21:54:23 »
I thought it would be fun to do a groupbuy with ancient languages some time. Like Akkadian/Sumerian, Phonecian, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Norse Runes, whatever else that is cool looking.

With Cherry legends? :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline morpheus

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 22:14:04 »
Akkadian looks cool

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 22:16:38 »
Akkadian looks cool

Show Image

ooo... wtf did they use to form those triangles, a quill?

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 11:37:59 »
Akkadian looks cool

Show Image

ooo... wtf did they use to form those triangles, a quill?
Show Image

they used sticks with a triangle end, and the narrow parts were drug to make the lines
it's called cuneiform, very old, and a cool writing structure