Author Topic: Best device for scrolling images?  (Read 6229 times)

Offline Entropia

Best device for scrolling images?
« on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 05:34:19 »
In my job I have to view thousands of images everyday and I use ACDSee in fullscreen mode and the mouse scroll wheel to browse them. One of the mouse buttons uses a script to select the current image. Sometimes, when my finger gets too tired or hurts, I switch to my left hand and use pgup and pgdown to browse the galleries.

Do you know of any specific device that allows a more comfortable and ergonomic scrolling? I've thought of a dedicated and larger scroll wheel, but I don't know if such thing exists.

Recently I've discovered a kind of jog wheel called Shuttle Xpress, which is used for audio and video edition. I don't know if this would suit my needs. What do you think?

« Last Edit: Sat, 22 April 2017, 05:36:16 by Entropia »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Best device for scrolling images?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 08:03:14 »
large trackball + autoscroll (can be emulated in X.Org, XMBC,…)

Offline 3K

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 08:13:22 »
I simply scroll with PageDown. I guess the key can be remapped, and used with every finger, so the stress is divided between all fingers.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 11:58:57 »
I think i saw a japanese laptop that had something like this in that godzilla movie i just watched..

Offline Encabulator

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 16:39:50 »
It would help if you could be slightly more specific on what the job was. Is it possible that you could run an AHK script that will scroll through images at various speeds based on which button is pressed and if you see something you need you can press a key to stop it? Otherwise there are things like free scrolling mice
demonstration

Or, if you need to scroll through those images REALLY fast.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 April 2017, 16:41:25 by Encabulator »
relax bro.. no one will bite ur head off on geekhack.. this is not that kind of community...   hahahahahahaha

Though tp4 will personally chew you out if you start selling $60 orings.