Author Topic: Panic Buy has BEGUN, peeps.  (Read 16228 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Panic Buy has BEGUN, peeps.
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 00:31:11 »
And yet I've still to meet or see one single sick person.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 01:59:27 »

That'd be a little bit like trying to meet someone who died of lung cancer from smoking

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 07:21:22 »
That'd be a little bit like trying to meet someone who died of lung cancer from smoking

Well, Walk outside,  40% of our 'Murica adults are affected by sup3r-phatness,  you can assume 100% of them have heart disease,  they just haven't died from it yet, because you know, they're still walking.

100% of them has accelerated cancer growth as well, but again, not dead "Yet".

heart disease is 1/4 of all deaths,  cancer about another 1/4.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 10:47:00 »
There are a couple of guys at work who aren't well but like they say - "the symptoms sound a lot like normal flu, I'm still standing so surely can't be this disease that's going to kill everyone".  If they've been contagious for 10 days everyone else who works there is exposed already so no point them staying home now, though one was off yesterday...

Went grocery shopping earlier, the place was busier than usual and there was no toilet roll or mushroom soup but normal stock levels of everything else.  The comments from the old guy in front of me at the checkout was great too - "get it early then you're immune and will be able to be useful when/if everyone avoiding it finally gets infected".  Looking at him it would probably kill him but I like his way of thinking.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 17:26:54 »
Gotta say I am enjoying seeing the people who are buying tons of tp and hand sanitizer being shamed publicly on the internet. Those *******s deserve it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 17:28:13 »
Gotta say I am enjoying seeing the people who are buying tons of tp and hand sanitizer being shamed publicly on the internet. Those *******s deserve it.

I don't really understand the shaming..

1, It's made in 'Murica, so it's not actually going to run-out.
2, It's pointless to stock, but they're not hurting no one.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 17:41:06 »

I don't really understand the shaming..

1, It's made in 'Murica, so it's not actually going to run-out.
2, It's pointless to stock, but they're not hurting no one.

I've gone to 8 stores in 2 days which were all out of hand sanitizer, and then I hear the clerk talking about some lady came in days earlier and bought the entire shelf and back stock. She can go **** herself with a red hot railroad spike in hell.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 17:49:46 »
I've gone to 8 stores in 2 days which were all out of hand sanitizer, and then I hear the clerk talking about some lady came in days earlier and bought the entire shelf and back stock. She can go **** herself with a red hot railroad spike in hell.
Agree you have a right to be mad @ the inconvenience this causes you.

But, realistically, you don't need to stock either of those things.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 18:04:43 »

If they've been contagious for 10 days everyone else who works there is exposed already so no point them staying home now,

The unusually nasty aspect of this one is that you are contagious 2 days before symptoms appear.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 21:25:15 »
Managed to stock some food and got hyper light drifter, enter the gungeon, shovel knight treasure trove and celeste off the internet.

Oh and also some master system, nes, n64, snes and genesis roms.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 22:01:49 »
Walmart's going to only be open from 6am to 11pm, clearly the skies are falling :eek: (our local stores are practically empty of food (among other things), having serious doubts about getting our pickup order tomorrow)

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 22:28:13 »
Walmart's going to only be open from 6am to 11pm, clearly the skies are falling :eek: (our local stores are practically empty of food (among other things), having serious doubts about getting our pickup order tomorrow)

My walmart only has a frozen section, no other food.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 03:21:16 »
yeah, went to the store today... all the milk, rice, ramen, soup, pasta, toilet paper, and paper towel shelves were empty. sucks. i just wanted some more milk and spicy ramen man

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 06:54:37 »

My walmart only has a frozen section, no other food.

Is this a case of American stores being bigger to cope with more customers so the 0.001% of customers who are nutcases with empty rooms waiting to hoard supplies becomes a big enough number to wipe out stocks or is your fresh food supply reliant on all the countries who don't have Trump owned golf courses and the movement ban had immediate effect?

I could understand buying all the frozen food because it keeps, but no - you can still buy that :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 08:02:18 »
Is this a case of American stores being bigger to cope with more customers so the 0.001% of customers who are nutcases with empty rooms waiting to hoard supplies becomes a big enough number to wipe out stocks or is your fresh food supply reliant on all the countries who don't have Trump owned golf courses and the movement ban had immediate effect?

I could understand buying all the frozen food because it keeps, but no - you can still buy that :confused:

That, or the failure of public education.  Critical thinking needs to be taught and -practiced-. America's system of education presses neither.

And so we have a drone population which respond in predictably simple ways. This is intentional. If everyone got edumakated to become lawyers and engineers, who would do harder physical labor. Who would join the military and die for oil companies.

It's unfortunate society is orchestrated this way. The sooner AI takes over the better.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 11:12:24 »
I would have thought both being developed nations our education systems would be similar in teaching the regurgitation of 'facts' rather than thinking, that's how I saw it many years ago anyway - abstract and useless.  Either way there will always be non-intellectually intelligent people to do the manual jobs - those who excel in interpersonal or physical situations instead.  I'm thinking of people like a bodybuilder/postman I used to see on my way to work and my sister, who's a carer.  Military would be compulsory for anyone who failed to gain full time employment by a certain period after leaving education and once all positions are occupied would operate on one-in one-out system where the oldest people who wanted out were released having had a portion of their wages retained so they could afford to live while finding a job.  Benefits/welfare?  None.

The only trouble with AI as a solution is Terminator is inevitable as the AI will quickly realise we are not needed and kill us off.  But will it then see that the rest of the world is capable of self regulating so there's no need for it either so it shuts down, making way for the evolution of the next dominant species, or will it decide something needs to watch and kill off any emerging species so it doesn't happen again?  I don't rate myself intelligent enough to attempt to answer this question...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 11:21:21 »
Societal restructuring will happen.  This is certain, will it be for the better, sigh, well if the plague doesn't kill most of us first, perhaps. LOLOL..

People greatly misunderstand AI emergence.  AI will replace humanity as a whole. There will no longer be any need for biological children once a replicating-Sustaining AI is establish.

AI is the next stage of human evolution.  It is not a threat to humanity. It is the Next-Humanity.

Explained more simply.  We have children, to raise, and educate, so they would have the ability to replicate.  This is the sole-creed of ALL-LIFEFORMS.

ONCE we have a Replicant-AI,  It can be indefinitely powered, its data can be mirrored and backed up, it WILL BE the ULTIMATE-Lifeform.

WHY BOTHER with making dumb humans that take 30yrs to educate to do the most basic task.

The AI will have persistent access to all of its accrued knowledge.  It can replicate as long as there is solar energy.  It can indefinitely EXPAND itself and its comprehension of Cross-Field-Disciplines.

The AI coming online, will have access to the SUM knowledge of humanity, the (current) dominant lifeform.

AI's comprehension will be on a completely different level,  The Human Biological system has done its JOB in giving birth to AI Sentience.   It's our duty, and our FINAL CREATION as humans.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 13:36:21 »
Societal restructuring will happen.  This is certain, will it be for the better, sigh, well if the plague doesn't kill most of us first, perhaps. LOLOL..

People greatly misunderstand AI emergence.  AI will replace humanity as a whole. There will no longer be no biological children once a replicating-Sustaining AI is establish.

AI is the next stage of human evolution.  It is not a threat to humanity. It is the Next-Humanity.

Explained more simply.  We have children, to raise, and educate, so they would have the ability to replicate.  This is the sole-creed of ALL-LIFEFORMS.

ONCE we have a Replicant-AI,  It can be indefinitely powered, its data can be mirrored and backed up, it WILL BE the ULTIMATE-Lifeform.

WHY BOTHER with making dumb humans, that take 30yrs to educate to do the most basic task.

The AI will have persistent access to all of its accrued knowledge indefinitely.  It can replicate as long as there is solar energy.  It can indefinitely EXPAND itself and its comprehension of Cross-Field-Disciplines.

The AI coming online, will have access to the SUM knowledge of humanity, the (current) dominant lifeform.

AI's comprehension will be on a completely different level,  The Human Biological system has done its JOB, in giving birth to AI Sentience.   It's our duty, and our FINAL CREATION as humans.

lmao way too many sci fi movies tp

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 14:08:47 »
lmao way too many sci fi movies tp

In the meantime,  Handwashing + eat m0ar vegetables.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 17:59:09 »
It's pretty simple: People see others doing stupid things, or hear others are allegedly doing stupid things through the media, then decide they need to get in on those stupid things lest they miss out on a nonexistent opportunity. These are the same kinds of people who just follow the gps blindly without going the more efficient route.

A panicked idiot is one of the most dangerous things, and what's more, panic is a contagious condition.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 19:44:30 »
They're telling the teachers here there's a possibility they aren't going back to school until fall.

I did luck out and Kroger still had sushi.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 20:08:19 »
They're telling the teachers here there's a possibility they aren't going back to school until fall.

Is kroger sushi hand made or they got robo rollers ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 20:09:30 »

Is kroger sushi hand made or they got robo rollers ?

No idea, it's about all we can get around here.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 20:11:51 »
No idea, it's about all we can get around here.

Sushi's pretty easy to DIY spam.. u just gotta get the right Sushi rice.. Hit up the Korean stores, they got sushi rice , it should say sushi rice right on the bag. 15-20lbs

Offline yui

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 03:51:54 »
peoples have gotten crazy here, stores completely empty, and you get fined if there is too many peoples in one place... all that for an overzealous cold.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 06:40:21 »
Just went out for breakfast for my sister's birthday, quite a few people still out and about in town but only one other in the cafe which is usually busy.  My regular supermarket was expecting a lorry full of toilet rolls but thought they'd be gone by 10AM, they open at 7 so I guess that's not too bad.  Still not sure how toilet roll helps a fever though...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:41:21 »
Just went out for breakfast for my sister's birthday, quite a few people still out and about in town but only one other in the cafe which is usually busy.  My regular supermarket was expecting a lorry full of toilet rolls but thought they'd be gone by 10AM, they open at 7 so I guess that's not too bad.  Still not sure how toilet roll helps a fever though...

Newyork has closed resataurants/ bars / clubs.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:47:42 »
Does the shortage of toilet paper mean that tp4tissue will have to stop using his TP for tissue for the foreseeable future?  :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 10:00:00 »
Does the shortage of toilet paper mean that tp4tissue will have to stop using his TP for tissue for the foreseeable future?  :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, always kepz 6 month supply.. only buys on sale.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 10:02:42 »
Our wonderful govna' has decided to ban gatherings of 50 or more people.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 15:46:05 »
Sucks for bars on St. Paddy's Day, it's a main source of revenue for some.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 16:21:39 »
They opened a test tent outside my local hospital. Everyone on social media all of a sudden have "symptoms" and are going to it. My brother who is a glass-blower and never used proper protection with fumes has been complaining about his lungs for 10 years. NOW it is covid. FFS
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 16:36:51 »
Isn't this the ultimate time for anti-vax parents to have corona-parties for their kids?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 16:38:28 »
Isn't this the ultimate time for anti-vax parents to have corona-parties for their kids?

Haha. Religious and anti-sciencers all of a sudden are sheltering.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 17:03:53 »

Haha. Religious and anti-sciencers all of a sudden are sheltering.

Tp4 nevr gets invited to nething gud'

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 17:13:17 »

Awesome!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Coreda

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 18:11:27 »

No, always kepz 6 month supply.. only buys on sale.

tp will be among the last survivors of the 2020 toilet paper wars

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 18:44:10 »
tp will be among the last survivors of the 2020 toilet paper wars

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 19:30:25 »
A ton of food delivery services are offering contactless delivery. So you pay and they just leave the food at the door, but if the delivery person's already sick what difference does that make? It just seems to promote more fear hype.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 19:35:03 »
I'd worry less about the delivery person and more about the people making it.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 20:33:41 »
Our wonderful govna' has decided to ban gatherings of 50 or more people.

We're already down 10 or less, and no in-person meetings. Restaurants are closed entirely other than takeout. Schools are closed until further notice.

The hospital my mother works at doesn't have enough masks, so they're rationing to 1 a day. People who have been told that their appointments are cancelled if they're routine and not vital have been coming in anyway. Not sure how many people are assuming that they have Covid when they really don't yet. I don't think there's a confirmed case in that county at all yet to begin with. People keep trying to bring unnecessary guests in too ... to the cancer center, since that's a fantastic idea.

Dell's local service technicians are apparently all working overtime, and it is getting worse since all of the businesses and schools closed apparently.

I worked over 10 hours today with no lunch and there's more waiting for me still in the morning. The firestorm doesn't even begin until tomorrow, since that's when our email, messaging, and phone support officially begins. It is going to be fun spending an hour trying to get people to adequately describe what the actual problem is with their computer.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2020, 22:21:52 by Maledicted »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 20:56:10 »

Not sure how many people are assuming that they have Covid when they really don't yet. I don't think there's a confirmed case in that county at all yet to begin with. People keep trying to bring unnecessary guests in too ...

A large percentage of contagious folks are asymptomatic

Offline Kavik

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 21:03:32 »
How long do you think it will be before martial law kicks in and the national guard is putting plastic over our houses and shooting us if we leave?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 21:05:06 »
How long do you think it will be before martial law kicks in and the national guard is putting plastic over our houses and shooting us if we leave?

That costs money, they couldn't possibly afford it.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 22:28:29 »

Not sure how many people are assuming that they have Covid when they really don't yet. I don't think there's a confirmed case in that county at all yet to begin with. People keep trying to bring unnecessary guests in too ...

A large percentage of contagious folks are asymptomatic

I'm aware. I just also know that a lot of people that aren't infected are being tested for just about no reason too. Waste of test kits, and undue stress on medical facility resources.

They would need one hell of a lot more national guard members if they wanted to enforce something like that in the United States to begin with. I think I might have more guns than the whole base across town does. I'm all for the measures put in place so far. I almost wish they would do it every cold/flu season. I'm already screwed for the better part of a month whenever I catch anything respiratory, and there's really not much good reason crap like that should spread around as easily as it does to begin with.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 22:42:20 »
I'm already screwed for the better part of a month whenever I catch anything respiratory, and there's really not much good reason crap like that should spread around as easily as it does to begin with.

Ur not eating enuff Veggies Maledicted.. Tp4 recommends Cabbage.  Half a cabbage per day.  Immune+++

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 22:51:18 »
I'm almost positive the food delivery guy was sick, he was sniffling and sweaty. Perhaps he just went for a nice jog before delivering my food :(

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 23:16:11 »
I'm already screwed for the better part of a month whenever I catch anything respiratory, and there's really not much good reason crap like that should spread around as easily as it does to begin with.

Ur not eating enuff Veggies Maledicted.. Tp4 recommends Cabbage.  Half a cabbage per day.  Immune+++

Half of a whole cabbage per day? I like cabbage, but I don't know about that much of it. You're probably right though.

I'm almost positive the food delivery guy was sick, he was sniffling and sweaty. Perhaps he just went for a nice jog before delivering my food :(

Maybe, maybe not. Could just have some allergies or something. My nose runs year round, and there's still regular colds and flus making the rounds.

Offline yui

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 02:05:25 »

killing peoples is what they like best, it is like training, and they can also enroll hunters to help i would not be surprised if it goes on for too long, north corea is already doing it
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)