Author Topic: Do you guys drink alot of water?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Do you guys drink alot of water?
« on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 16:03:01 »
Everyone Tp4 meets, they'd be like, Tp4, we never see you drink any liquids. You need to drink water or you will dehydrate and die. You're gonna get kidney stones, and prostate cancer.

Meanwhile, Tp4 has never had a kidney stone, they've had several.

What's up with this water stuff ? Tp4 maybe drinks 1 cup of tea a day max, 2-3 times a week. Everything else just veggies.

Is Tp4 missing something, are 1 supposed to just "feel it."  Broken thirst receptors ?

How much water/fluids do you guys drink?

306339-0

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Do you guys drink alot of water?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 02:55:22 »
I drink an enormous amount of fluids, but never "just water".

In the morning, half a litre of thin, 0 cal lemonade.
Then at work, 1 cup of hot chocolate and 1 cup of tea before lunch (~300 mL each).
For lunch, 1 litre of drinking yoghurt.
After lunch, three more cups of tea.
When I get home, a pot of tea (~1 L).
Around 1.5 L of milk during the evening, mostly around dinner.
Usually another pot of tea during the evening/night, or maybe one big glass (0.5 L).

Around 6-7 L of fluid per day in total. I honestly don't know what imperial unit is used to describe drinking fluids, pints? Gallons? Floz?
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 06:22:59 »
Around 6-7 L of fluid per day in total. I honestly don't know what imperial unit is used to describe drinking fluids, pints? Gallons? Floz?

This seems excessive. How often bathroom?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 08:18:48 »

what imperial unit is used to describe drinking fluids

Reommendations vary wildly, in the US they talk about 1 ounce of water per pound of body weight.

That would equate to 5 liters (a little over a gallon) for a 75 kg (165 pound) person.

Of course, caffiene and alcohol mess with this ratio because both tend to have diuretic effects.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 09:51:03 »
I drink 24-32 oz of coffee (black coffee, no cream/sugar) between 8am-3pm or so at work. Then I drink 20-60oz of water between 5pm and bedtime when I get home. On weekends I will drink 12-18oz of coffee and drink 40-60oz of water and maybe a "fun" drink like Olipop or Poppi.

Probably a bit much when it comes to coffee, but working at home today I had 12-16oz coffee and now I am done with coffee and have switched to water.

I sip coffee at work because I enjoy the flavor and it's warm. I don't get caffeine withdrawals so I haven't felt much of a need to cut back.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 09:58:01 »

I sip coffee at work because I enjoy the flavor

I don't get caffeine withdrawals

I love the flavor of good coffee (and I put a spoonful of good cream in it) but I can definitely feel the effects of addiction and withdrawal.

On the other hand, I sleep much better when I don't drink coffee.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 11:26:29 »

Show Image

A fair few times, but I'm not constantly on the toilet or anything xD .

I have almost no sensation of hunger, but get thristy very quickly. I get thirst-angry. Thangry xD .

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 12:08:10 »

get thristy very quickly

No idea what type of "tea" you are drinking, but my guess is that you vary them by time of day.
You might look at the relative diuretic effects of different strains.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 18:03:05 »

get thristy very quickly

No idea what type of "tea" you are drinking, but my guess is that you vary them by time of day.
You might look at the relative diuretic effects of different strains.
It's definitely not that, I've been thirsty all my life, but have only been drinking tea for a few years. I really only started drinking tea because I was drinking 3+ L of milk everyday and I wanted to cut down on those calories xD .

I drink mostly black teas btw, some are cinnamon-pear and cinnamon-apple, also mango, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, some chais occasionally, and occasionally a mint tea.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 February 2024, 18:05:39 by chyros »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 19:09:48 »
I really only started drinking tea because I was drinking 3+ L of milk everyday and I wanted to cut down on those calories xD .

Stop drinking milk Chyros, you WILL get prostate cancer.  This is definitive.

306358-0

Offline LavenderB

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 02 March 2024, 14:33:47 »
I feel like I'm constantly refilling my glass of water. I've never counted how many I drink a day, maybe like 8-10.
Safa | 1993 UK ISO-DE Model M  | Frog TKL | 3d printed bakeneko | Akko 5075s

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 March 2024, 23:57:46 »
I feel like I'm constantly refilling my glass of water. I've never counted how many I drink a day, maybe like 8-10.

Same. I never counted, but that sounds about right.

Does gin count as water as well?