Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4207336 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #24500 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:07:58 »
I bought scented hand lotion instead unscented ... Argh. The scent is strong enough that I could get a migraine from using it.
Why do scented lotions and schampoos exist in the first place?

Why would anyone want to splash multiple several different scents onto themselves anyway? Many people use shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, face lotion, body lotion, hair spray, deodorant ... and perfume or eau de cologne — each one with a different scent. That's crazy.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a8647411/vagina-pheromone-perfume-experiment/

NSFW ?

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #24501 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 09:54:01 »
I bought scented hand lotion instead unscented ... Argh. The scent is strong enough that I could get a migraine from using it.
Why do scented lotions and schampoos exist in the first place?

Why would anyone want to splash multiple several different scents onto themselves anyway? Many people use shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, face lotion, body lotion, hair spray, deodorant ... and perfume or eau de cologne — each one with a different scent. That's crazy.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a8647411/vagina-pheromone-perfume-experiment/

NSFW ?

Perfectly SFW. Also the hint is in the URL if you're squeamish.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #24502 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 10:33:20 »
Cosmo is NSFL

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24503 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 11:12:50 »
But great for this summer's look and bj tips!

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24504 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 11:14:00 »
I AM BOTHERED BY: the trunk in my car wont work!

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #24505 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:10:59 »
Was about so sit down for lunch at school today, just as two of my friends came by with a new student that joined us today and I got introduced as "a very friendly and kind Asian"
I almost spit out my food hahahahah

Wish Tp4 would get setuped with the females...

Sigh.......... 

//Queues Star Trek Video

#Ronery4ever

star trek = female magnet

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24506 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:32:54 »
The World Health Organization lists meats under Class 1 and Class 2 Carcinogen.
The biggest culprits are sodium nitrite and smoking/grilling/burning.
The formation of carcinogens when grilling meat could be countered by first marinating in liquids high in antioxidants.

(Attachment Link)
That diagram is weird. Not just that two dots are unlabelled but why are Iceland and Germany so far down and right from Norway, Sweden and Denmark? Are our foods so different?

That is not relevant to the question. Stop ****-posting.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:35:24 by Findecanor »

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24507 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:50:26 »
That is not relevant to the question. Stop ****-posting.

On the contrary, the thread is in Off Topic, the discussion is as general and meandering as can be, and the use of body smells as deliberately applied scents is very much in context of the post describing "anyone ... splash(ing) multiple several different scents onto themselves".

I was actually looking for information on what the French call "cassolette", which is the amalgamation of all sorts of smells on a person (usually female). This was the second link in the search.

Google Search

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24508 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:07:02 »

Fix It Again Tomorrow

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24509 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:10:12 »

Fix It Again Tomorrow

stahppp. Literally every "car" guy tells me that joke.... and the fiat has been extremely good to me so far!

I dug into the issue, seems the brainiacs at fiat used hatch wiring that does not do well when opened and closed repeatedly...

Hoping WHEN/IF i do get it open that the wiring loom isnt the issue......

picture for reference... hope mine is NOT like this...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24510 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:11:42 »

The formation of carcinogens when grilling meat could be countered by first marinating in liquids high in antioxidants.

The big industry would like you to believe that moderation and small changes in cooking method will absolve the harm, but that is Simply half the story.

We also know that animal protein raises IGF1 lvls in the body.

The primary exposure of the body to Dioxins/Pesticides/Industrial Pollutants/antibiotics is through consuming animal products.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24511 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:12:18 »

The big industry would like you to believe that moderation and small changes in cooking method will absolve the harm, but that is Simply half the story.

The primary exposure of the body to Dioxins/Pesticides/Industrial Pollutants/antibiotics is through consuming animal products.

DO THEY NOT KNOW THAT tp4=true YET?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24512 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:13:05 »

Fix It Again Tomorrow

stahppp. Literally every "car" guy tells me that joke.... and the fiat has been extremely good to me so far!

I dug into the issue, seems the brainiacs at fiat used hatch wiring that does not do well when opened and closed repeatedly...

Hoping WHEN/IF i do get it open that the wiring loom isnt the issue......

picture for reference... hope mine is NOT like this...

Show Image

I couldn't resist :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24513 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:19:10 »

DO THEY NOT KNOW THAT tp4=true YET?

The people IN CHARGE are all aware..  They're all in on it..

Our leaders are typically either themselves or through their children also captains of capitalism.

They're knowingly letting people die of preventable diseases as it lines pockets like nothing else.

It's not like a cellphone, you could do without one..  But if you get cancer or heart disease, that's an unbreakable financial chain to big-pharma.

It's unfortunate that it's come to this..

At least we're alive at the time of realization..  Most of our parents are going to die of preventable diabetes/ heartdisease/ cancer/ stroke/ dementia

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24514 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:21:40 »
It's not like a cellphone, you could do without one..
Not over here. The phone companies are closing down the landline network, an area at a time, and increasing the fees for the rest to force them to switch.

And there is nothing you can do against the cell phone towers.
The responsibility to control that they do not get too powerful or too close is left to the individual cities who have neither resources, knowledge or political will to do anything. The locations and other stats on the towers are known to our counterpart to the FCC but are not public records.

Some payments, such as parking, are even limited to a smartphone app, on iPhone or Android. Some stores may take credit card and phone payments but not cash. Payments by phone is taking over on the second-hand market, both online and at flea markets.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:25:30 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24515 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:24:16 »
Not over here. The phone companies are closing down the landline network, an area at a time, and increasing the fees for the rest to force them to switch.

The responsibility to control that they do not get too powerful or too close is left to the individual cities who have neither resources, knowledge or political will to do anything. The locations and other stats on the towers are known to our counterpart to the FCC but are not public records.

I thought sweden = Good

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24516 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:36:04 »
I thought sweden = Good
Oh no. Sweden is complacency and naïveté. Believe that the system cares for you and knows what is best. Be a sucker. Don't complain, don't get upset or spirited unless the cause is 100% PC and trendy right now. Anyone who complains or falls out of the norm becomes a loser.
The system has also encouraged a sense of entitlement. Combine that with an increasing trend in egoism. People don't display manners to strangers any more. It is like the worst non-moderated forums on the Internet, like Youtube's comment section, but in real life.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:39:55 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24517 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 21:37:59 »
I thought sweden = Good
Oh no. Sweden is complacency and naïveté. Believe that the system cares for you and knows what is best. Be a sucker. Don't complain, don't get upset or spirited unless the cause is 100% PC and trendy right now. Anyone who complains or falls out of the norm becomes a loser.
The system has also encouraged a sense of entitlement. Combine that with an increasing trend in egoism. You have got something like Reddit or Youtube's comment section, but in real life.

It says ur a hikikomori in below sweden ..

Are you actually a hikiko ? hahahaha

Offline Kavik

« Reply #24518 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:27:25 »

Some payments, such as parking, are even limited to a smartphone app, on iPhone or Android. Some stores may take credit card and phone payments but not cash. Payments by phone is taking over on the second-hand market, both online and at flea markets.

I am not a Christian anymore, but I made the joke a while back that smart phones are the mark of the beast because you'll eventually be obligated to have one to pay for stuff and function in the world. It correlates to the mark on the hands and head since it is something one hold's in his hands and works with and is always on one's thoughts/mind since it is used for every form of communication.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24519 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:42:49 »

I am not a Christian anymore, but I made the joke a while back that smart phones are the mark of the beast because you'll eventually be obligated to have one to pay for stuff and function in the world. It correlates to the mark on the hands and head since it is something one hold's in his hands and works with and is always on one's thoughts/mind since it is used for every form of communication.

Not a christian anymore ?

Wha happened ?

Did they stop giving out free cookies and grape juice ?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #24520 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:44:36 »

Not a christian anymore ?

Wha happened ?

Did they stop giving out free cookies and grape juice ?

I used my brain.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24521 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 22:54:42 »

I used my brain.

Any specific info on what caused your leap from faith ?

Was it the fantasy, the reality, or the message ?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24522 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 23:04:44 »
Pretty sure I just bombed that final. Which sucks because I was aiming for this semester to be higher.

Interesting. But there have always been people claiming such signs for millennia.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24523 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 03:03:50 »
[Your custom title] says ur a hikikomori in below sweden ..

It refers to something that happened in my youth. It was then when I transformed into a computer nerd.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 May 2018, 04:04:41 by Findecanor »

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #24524 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 09:08:11 »

It refers to something that happened in my youth. It was then when I transformed into a computer nerd.
Well, not all computer nerds are hermits, but hermits make the best computer nerds :)
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24525 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 10:16:01 »
I just read "unread" as "unread" in my morning new topic sweep and now I'm questioning my own existence.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24526 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 10:18:51 »

Well, not all computer nerds are hermits, but hermits make the best computer nerds :)

Tp4 , head of Gekhak Hermit Kingdom TaskForce..

Join us... renounce the outside.. !!

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24527 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 14:52:42 »
Windows 10 Maps still doesn't show a transit lines overlay.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #24528 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:56:34 »

there's a really cool app, called Google Maps
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline JP

« Reply #24529 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 20:34:39 »

there's a really cool app, called Google Maps
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:))
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #24530 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 20:58:52 »

I used my brain.

Any specific info on what caused your leap from faith ?

Was it the fantasy, the reality, or the message ?

It's been eight or nine years now, so I don't remember all the specifics of my thought process at the time. I took a business law class in which the professor made us think critically. In order to get us to think critically about law, he spent the first couple weeks challenging our beliefs so that we could be objective.

Basically, I allowed myself to think about the stuff that I already knew didn't make sense. For example, in 9th grade, I asked my Bible teacher where Cain's wife came from since there were literally only three people on earth at that point according to Genesis, and, if there had been another woman, she would have been his sister. He said something to the effect of, "We don't know. You just have to have faith." Once I allowed myself to think about it objectively, I realized that inconsistencies like this mean it's either not true or omitting details, i.e. not the 100% literal, true word of God. "Have faith" just means, "Don't think about it."

Every explanation for every question involved some sort of convoluted mental gymnastics (like explaining the age of the earth and why God didn't just destroy Satan immediately to prevent all evil) when there are simpler and more plausible secular explanations with evidence.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #24531 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 22:55:02 »
My tipping point was a Religious Education class where a teacher explained a logical argument for the existence of God (at least the Christian creator kind). It goes a little something like this:

- consider a perfect being;
- god is that perfect being;
- perfection must exist to be perfect as to not exist is not perfection;
- therefore god exists.

He did much better when it was all woolly and ephemeral - as soon as you try put a microscope to these concepts and be clever with deconstruction you quickly show there's nothing behind the facade, like your Cain's wife example.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24532 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 23:08:19 »
I would love to hear or read about the religions views regarding the collision of Theia and Gaia (Proto-Earth)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24533 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 23:20:26 »
In-laws that can't spell my kid's names. :mad:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24534 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 01:50:10 »
My tipping point was a Religious Education class where a teacher explained a logical argument for the existence of God (at least the Christian creator kind). It goes a little something like this:

- consider a perfect being;
- god is that perfect being;
- perfection must exist to be perfect as to not exist is not perfection;
- therefore god exists.

He did much better when it was all woolly and ephemeral - as soon as you try put a microscope to these concepts and be clever with deconstruction you quickly show there's nothing behind the facade, like your Cain's wife example.

I asked my Christian studies teacher if my dog would go to heaven. He said no. I instantly dismissed religion as no monster would create a "heaven" and exclude dogs. Also I'd rather go to an eternity of darkness than spend an infinite amount of time in a place with no dogs.   

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24535 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 01:54:57 »
I don't really know where I stand with religion anymore, I still consider myself Christian but there's a lot that doesn't make sense. I don't read anything literally in the Bible since there's so many inconsistencies (one can argue that there are literally two different creation stories). Science refutes much of what is explained as well (e.g. evolution).
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24536 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 02:58:32 »
I wonder how today's science would sound written down by a layman then translated between languages hundreds of years later - can't imagine it would be totally accurate :))

On the other side evolution works great once there are semi-useful creatures but I struggle with the idea that the best version of electrified slime managed to survive to start the process, let alone that there was just a load of stuff floating in space to get crushed together to cause the big bang.  But if someone (god) made the stuff floating in space who made god...
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 May 2018, 03:01:02 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24537 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 05:18:30 »
My current thoughts on the topic are that chemical evolution (the idea that certain amino acids were present which eventually became RNA and formed the early structures necessary for life) may be a process started by a higher power. Now whether that's the Christian God, aliens, or something else is impossible to know. Either way you look at it, this refutes the Creation story which poses other problems.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #24538 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 09:21:51 »
Lack of sleep from a nasty spring storm, including either a brush with a microburst or a small-scale tornado, followed by five hours without power. Walked outside this morning to view this lovely scene:

More storms incoming tonight, and last night's flash flood watch is still in effect as far as I know.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24539 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 09:23:58 »
Lack of sleep from a nasty spring storm, including either a brush with a microburst or a small-scale tornado, followed by five hours without power. Walked outside this morning to view this lovely scene:

More storms incoming tonight, and last night's flash flood watch is still in effect as far as I know.

yep

that's part of a tree

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #24540 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 09:43:53 »
Three trees actually. Slammed into my bedroom wall while tornado sirens blared last night. Apparently other parts of the complex got hit worse, to the point of portions of people's roofs being ripped off. Office told me that they doubt anyone in the entire complex slept at all last night.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24541 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 10:04:51 »
TAIL LIGHT WENT OUT. HAVE TO OPEN TRUNK TO REPLACE.  TRUNK DOESN'T OPEN. CRIES.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24542 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 10:05:58 »
ON TOP OF THAT I AM ALSO MAD TP4 IS MUTED.

JUSTICE FOR TP4

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #24543 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:40:23 »
In-laws that can't spell my kid's names. :mad:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Closely related, people who misspell my first name when returning emails.  FFS, my name is in the from field.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24544 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:50:10 »
My name has been pronounced and spelled more ways than I can count over the years.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #24545 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:03:42 »

JUSTICE FOR TP4

:))

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24546 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:20:49 »

JUSTICE FOR TP4

Someone should get the Official GeekHack Public Defender to help him.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Kavik

« Reply #24547 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:36:50 »
I wonder how today's science would sound written down by a layman then translated between languages hundreds of years later - can't imagine it would be totally accurate :))

On the other side evolution works great once there are semi-useful creatures but I struggle with the idea that the best version of electrified slime managed to survive to start the process, let alone that there was just a load of stuff floating in space to get crushed together to cause the big bang.  But if someone (god) made the stuff floating in space who made god...

The way I think of it is that, before the big bang (or whatever caused the current state of the universe), there was infinite time, so, even if there was only a 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000 chance of the universe's coming into being and life's beginning, it would actually be a 1 in 1 chance because, with infinite time, every possibility would eventually happen. I'm not sure if that would actually hold up if someone smart dissected it, but that's been my theory for a while, and it refutes the religious argument that life without purposeful creation is extremely unlikely based on the odds.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24548 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:51:40 »

JUSTICE FOR TP4

Someone should get the Official GeekHack Public Defender to help him.

JUSTICE HAS PREVAILED.

tp4 has been unmuted!

For future reference who is the Official GEKHAKR Public Defender?

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #24549 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 13:52:04 »
OMG WTH HES MUTED AGAIN WHAT HAPPENED HERE