Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4207458 times)

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #24800 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 15:51:01 »

Man, that would have made me so angry. Has he done anything for reparations?

Would it not be possible to keep the frame and remake the soft parts?

It would, if I had the money to fix it or the materials to do so. But it was also a custom made pattern I believe, and I'm not sure I could do that even if I had the money.

Also the ***hole in question just randomly showed up this morning with the intention of coming in and hanging out. We told him to leave. His response was to sit on our patio--we ended up calling security. Like, WTF, no I'm not going to be friendly with you after that. (Did not help that he was wearing the same clothes, which he hadn't even washed, and which had a giant, visible urine stain on them.)
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #24801 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 00:23:00 »

I truly wonder when I will feel like I can finally don't have to worry about everything related to him.

It's like that for the first few years. The primary respite that you get is in grade school, mostly that is pretty safe and benign until somewhere up around middle school, when "real-world" stuff really starts to encroach and you need to hope that they have a good school and nice friends.

When you get to "Daddy, can I borrow the car?" it gets frightening, and then they leave home for college or whatever.

The answer to your question is "probably never"
OMG, I can't imagine when he actually learns how to drive... just thinking back when I first learn how to drive and the crazy things I've did... But I guess in the grand scheme of things, hopefully everything works out and he turn out to be a decent boy, that's all I want hehe

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24802 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 03:42:04 »
UPS

Tracking website offers to change the delivery address, just sign up.  Sign up, can't change the address because something to do with aliases that I can't work out.  The address matches the package exactly so it should just work.  Unless it wants County which they don't have a box for...  Randomly it also decided to send a pin via snail mail but I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with it.

Today is delivery day so I've just checked if it is out for delivery or if I can go out this morning.  Someone scanned the package at 4 AM so you'd hope they put it on a van, but according to the 3 stage thing they did not.  There's a big button saying "What time will your package be delivered to your home? Get FREE estimated Delivery Windows on most UPS packages." which would be lovely, but once I sign in the button disappears.  Maybe it's a USA only option?  Surely they could see from the delivery address (partially displayed on the page) that it's in the UK?

That leaves only one other remotely useful option - SMS notifications.  They send an SMS, I reply yes to say it's really me and I want the service and - 'there's been a problem'.  That's what it said early on Friday so clearly they're not interested in fixing it.

My only hope is ebay have leaked the ETA UPS seem so unwilling to give me as the last time was added at least 4 hours in the future.  I'd be more confident if the package had actually moved on the 24th but it didn't get collected until the 25th...

Hopefully they actually find my house (not hard but proved too much for fedex last year) and are willing to leave it with one of my many friendly neighbours.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 May 2018, 05:41:14 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24803 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 05:33:57 »
So was it DHL or UPS? If UPS, you have to have a UPS My Choice account in order to change your delivery information (redirect, reschedule, etc.). In order to verify that you are the one living at that address, they send you a PIN which you will attach to your (newly created) UPS account. Also, changing delivery costs a fee through UPS if I remember correctly.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24804 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 05:55:12 »
So was it DHL or UPS? If UPS, you have to have a UPS My Choice account in order to change your delivery information (redirect, reschedule, etc.). In order to verify that you are the one living at that address, they send you a PIN which you will attach to your (newly created) UPS account. Also, changing delivery costs a fee through UPS if I remember correctly.

Oops, I was so annoyed I got their name wrong!  UPS , definitely UPS :))

I guess it makes sense that you can't change the address without proving you have access to the original one but that me, a relatively intelligent person, didn't understand that from their website shows it's not a good site.

At least I don't have to go out now so as long as they turn up all good.  Hopefully sooner rather than 'end of day', whenever that may be.  Again, really helpful website...

Edit:
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Wednesday, 30/05/2018 , By End of Day

F-U UPS!

Edit 2:
And now the package that was never on a van has arrived!  Thought I'd got a free computer instead but it just has the wrong invoice in the box.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 May 2018, 10:02:08 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24805 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 05:23:44 »
Just finished building in my freshly arrived case, which appears to have had a serious impact resulting in the back panel being twisted (it was cheap and I was planning to mod it so that isn't a problem)

Seems I was spoiled with my ancient watercooled Antec P180 with missing pannels and the doors hanging off though as the noise coming from this thing with one fan (running quieter than my previous bodged GPU cooler fan) is unbearable unless I pick the case up - the whole thing is resonating.  I'll ignore the horrific temperatures for now as an TRUE 120 extreme was never meant to run semi-passive let alone with a DIY'd bolt through mod on the s775 bracket, but this noise...  might have to rethink everything.

Edit:

Now the hard drive has powered down the resonating noise has gone, the fan's so slow it doesn't appear to be doing anything but that means I can't hear it and I'm idling under 50°C so it's livable.  Am I happy?  No, I'm now aware of coil whine which seems to come from the PSU if the CPU isn't at least slightly loaded.  How good are Seasonic support...
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2018, 08:02:47 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24806 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 08:42:07 »
Just finished building in my freshly arrived case, which appears to have had a serious impact resulting in the back panel being twisted (it was cheap and I was planning to mod it so that isn't a problem)

Seems I was spoiled with my ancient watercooled Antec P180 with missing pannels and the doors hanging off though as the noise coming from this thing with one fan (running quieter than my previous bodged GPU cooler fan) is unbearable unless I pick the case up - the whole thing is resonating.  I'll ignore the horrific temperatures for now as an TRUE 120 extreme was never meant to run semi-passive let alone with a DIY'd bolt through mod on the s775 bracket, but this noise...  might have to rethink everything.

Edit:

Now the hard drive has powered down the resonating noise has gone, the fan's so slow it doesn't appear to be doing anything but that means I can't hear it and I'm idling under 50°C so it's livable.  Am I happy?  No, I'm now aware of coil whine which seems to come from the PSU if the CPU isn't at least slightly loaded.  How good are Seasonic support...

m0ar overclock. m0ar dota. m0ar frag

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #24807 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:29:42 »
feelings of not being good enough for someone and that im gonna be forgotten soon after i pass
For what it's worth you're on my list of random forumites whose name will never be forgotten, though in time I will probably forget your story and why you're on the list.  Not sure that's any comfort, it was meant to be...

Glad to see you're still around anyway :)
i appreciate the honesty, feels better than empty statements to be frank

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #24808 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:35:53 »
feelings of not being good enough for someone and that im gonna be forgotten soon after i pass

Good to see you're still kicking man.

I know that feeling of not being good enough tho. Check out this poem
good poem, thanks

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #24809 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 11:36:31 »

Good to see you're still kicking man.

I know that feeling of not being good enough tho. Check out this poem
good poem, thanks

You're welcome and good to see you still kicking man.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24810 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 13:18:31 »

m0ar overclock. m0ar dota. m0ar frag
Haha, overclocking when power management is on and it's idling at 0.63v and still 40+°C?  This is the CPU with the cracked die, I could probably clamp my dodgy bolt through harder but I'm scared!  Could also add a fan to the heatsink which would help I'm sure, but the next mod has to be to isolate the hard drive.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24811 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 05:23:39 »

Haha, overclocking when power management is on and it's idling at 0.63v and still 40+°C?  This is the CPU with the cracked die, I could probably clamp my dodgy bolt through harder but I'm scared!  Could also add a fan to the heatsink which would help I'm sure, but the next mod has to be to isolate the hard drive.

If only they'd fix the coil whine.. !! Arrghhh.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24812 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 07:12:43 »

After a quick exchange with someone who knows what they're talking about (I didn't do half the troubleshooting steps as I could prove they were irrelevant) I've been advised whine is covered under warranty.  Good customer service doesn't bother me, well done Seasonic :thumb:

Now, can I drill holes in the case without removing the components?  The lazy in me says yes, common sense says otherwise.  I guess I could remount the heatsink while the mobo's out, can't do any worse a job than last time...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24813 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 07:14:06 »

After a quick exchange with someone who knows what they're talking about (I didn't do half the troubleshooting steps as I could prove they were irrelevant) I've been advised whine is covered under warranty.  Good customer service doesn't bother me, well done Seasonic :thumb:

Now, can I drill holes in the case without removing the components?  The lazy in me says yes, common sense says otherwise.  I guess I could remount the heatsink while the mobo's out, can't do any worse a job than last time...

well u never want metal bits /shavings near pcbs,  they get stuck in the grooves and cause shorts.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24814 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 07:30:11 »
well u never want metal bits /shavings near pcbs,  they get stuck in the grooves and cause shorts.
I know, I'm just lazy and impatient!

Would taping a bit of polystyrene block behind the panel catch all the metal?   Sounds like it should work.  But then the cooling would still suck...

* suicidal_orange reluctantly powers down computer and prepares to empty it :(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24815 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:10:28 »

Would taping a bit of polystyrene block behind the panel catch all the metal?   Sounds like it should work.  But then the cooling would still suck...

Just do it, live life dangerously. YOLO. etc.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24816 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:11:33 »

well it'd catch the other side maybe, but the bore pulls metal upwards. and the drill's impellers would blow micro-shavings all over..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24817 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:14:08 »

well it'd catch the other side maybe, but the bore pulls metal upwards. and the drill's impellers would blow micro-shavings all over..

You cant accidently short circuit the mobo if you short it on purpose.... just saying.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24818 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:17:48 »

You cant accidently short circuit the mobo if you short it on purpose.... just saying.

/Logical Overwhemlngz..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #24819 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:36:31 »
Neighbour yelled at my house because one of the people that lives here parks their car out the front next to the curb, where you are legally allowed to park. My brian cannot handle the thought process required to conceptualize this scenario. Why do people feel they should control what other people do based on their preference of where a car should be parked. Is it an aesthetic issue. Or is it the inconvenience of having to simply turn the steering  wheel slightly right a bit earlier to avoid hitting a car. I mean isnt that half the purpose of driving, to avoid hitting other cars? There is like 10 metres between their driveway and where the car is. ****s me, but if it happens again im calling the poo-poo... i mean po-po... i mean police service.

I should probebly get surveillance cameras, a person that has enough passion to yell at a house about a legally parked car, probably has the capacity to do some weird **** to my house/property when i am not here.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24820 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:41:23 »
Neighbour yelled at my house because one of the people that lives here parks their car out the front next to the curb, where you are legally allowed to park. My brian cannot handle the thought process required to conceptualize this scenario. Why do people feel they should control what other people do based on their preference of where a car should be parked. Is it an aesthetic issue. Or is it the inconvenience of having to simply turn the steering  wheel slightly right a bit earlier to avoid hitting a car. I mean isnt that half the purpose of driving, to avoid hitting other cars? There is like 10 metres between their driveway and where the car is. ****s me, but if it happens again im calling the poo-poo... i mean po-po... i mean police service.

I should probebly get surveillance cameras, a person that has enough passion to yell at a house about a legally parked car, probably has the capacity to do some weird **** to my house/property when i am not here.

Don't antagonize him as first response..

Try talking to the guy directly, if he's completely unreasonable,

196771-0

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #24821 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 09:56:04 »

When they forward the whole email chain in the ticket  :mad:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24822 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 10:18:22 »
Stripped it out, drilled some holes and rammed rubbers from old case through them - all good!

Power fits just fine but all the SATA cables have a bigger bend, so I now need one that bends over the clip.  There's one on ebay, but it's yellow...

At least my idle temps have dropped to 'only' 35°C, about 20 over ambient :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24823 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 10:37:54 »
35C is pretty low, most computers idle around 40-50C in my experience.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24824 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 10:47:07 »
Seriously?  Perhaps my aging and never properly cleaned watercooling setup has perverted my expectations, I'm sure it idled below 25° on all but the hottest summer day.  This has an old TRUE 120 extreme with no fan on it and some random bolts through the S775 brace it came with - it's about as worse-case scenario as I'd consider using.  Perhaps 'most computers' you deal with use the crappy stock cooler or belong to overclockers who don't care for powersaving features?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24825 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 13:46:42 »
Was just talking to a coworker about when I was 6 and obsessed with dinosaurs. Told her I think my inspiration was, "The Land Before Time."

She said, "dude i fux with land before heavyyyy" and then continued, "i tink i want a starleaf tat."

:mad: :mad: ITS TREESTARS YOU PHONY

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24826 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 13:49:29 »
Was just talking to a coworker about when I was 6 and obsessed with dinosaurs. Told her I think my inspiration was, "The Land Before Time."

She said, "dude i fux with land before heavyyyy" and then continued, "i tink i want a starleaf tat."

Is she EX-class attractive ?

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24827 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 13:54:20 »

Fasho. All that glitters is not gold though

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24828 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 14:08:55 »

Has she ever played a part in Illegal Civ?

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24829 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 14:36:14 »

Don't think so. Does illegal things though.. Got a DUI a couple weeks ago  :-X

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24830 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:08:22 »

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24831 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:35:02 »

yea I don't watch that so I'm sure I didn't pick up what you put down

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24832 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:56:28 »

yea I don't watch that so I'm sure I didn't pick up what you put down

So..... Did the date work out or ?

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24833 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 17:48:49 »
They did but red flags were springing up all over. We mostly hate on a *****y woman in our office now.

When was the last date you went on TP? Did it go over well?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24834 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 18:40:12 »
They did but red flags were springing up all over. We mostly hate on a *****y woman in our office now.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #24835 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 18:52:44 »

Show Image

oops sorry tp  :))

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24836 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 19:08:42 »
A DUI is a pretty massive red flag. What a bummer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24837 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 19:15:07 »
A DUI is a pretty massive red flag. What a bummer.

But, females like dat are DT*.. well u know.. !!

/sinister snicker

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24838 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 19:34:56 »
The wife wants to move furniture and heavy things around just to see if she'd like it better.

I totally don't get it.  Everything fits the way it is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24839 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 19:39:57 »
The wife wants to move furniture and heavy things around just to see if she'd like it better.

Opportunity to show off dos' Spam ' Musclez..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24840 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 19:49:19 »

More like hurt my back.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24841 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 20:04:22 »

More like hurt my back.

Stiffen Core, Lift with ur legs.. !!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24843 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 08:37:42 »

I sense a great disturbance in the FOSS, as if millions of developers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Guys, your favorite off-brand indie band will ALWAYS sell out..

This is assuming they're actually any good.

So, Let's not get too hung up on the -Less Rogue- nature going forward..

Eventually,  iMav will retire,  and Razer keebs gonna cut him a check,  and that'll be that..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24844 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 08:39:59 »
^ Not sure about terror but I'm certainly lost for words!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #24845 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 08:50:38 »
They keep reminding us that they are still the evil empire ...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24846 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 09:14:16 »
They keep reminding us that they are still the evil empire ...

Corporations and Governments  are similar to the Brain of the Body.

The Proletariat/ Peasants  are the Body.

Ultimately we all work toward the same goal..

The Brain does some non-optimal/ harmful things.. 

But it Understands (For the Most Part)  that there is a limit to how far it can take the body,  BEFORE we collapse and together Die.

It's early in the morning to be so morbid..

For the longest time, we've had wars, primarily because of bad communication,  and the lack of nuclear arms..

It's akin to a young person who believed himself indestructible..

Humanity as a whole has reached _Adulthood_ in that there are enough people in the Ruling-Party who are aware of the Brittle nature of lifeforms.

They can not fix everything overnight. 

Do your part,  relax,  and give it some time..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24847 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 09:27:47 »
Just my luck. I start using a service five months before it becomes Azure Mobile. Hello Gitlab..

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24848 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 09:33:43 »
I don't get why it's such a big deal. Microsoft has been doing far better in the open source community as of late, even outright supporting Linux.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24849 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 09:35:50 »
I don't get why it's such a big deal. Microsoft has been doing far better in the open source community as of late, even outright supporting Linux.

The Conspiracy theory is,  they're actively opening backdoors in the linux community so that their DOD ties can sink claws into -the herd-