Author Topic: OnePlus One discussion  (Read 30814 times)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: OnePlus One discussion
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 19:44:36 »

Yay, it's updated.

About This Order:
Order Information
Order Date: October 27, 2014

ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME
Less than 1 week

:) :)

Just saw the same status for my order as well!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 06:44:07 »

Yay, it's updated.

About This Order:
Order Information
Order Date: October 27, 2014

ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME
Less than 1 week

:) :)

Just saw the same status for my order as well!

nooooo, my estimated delivery time is blanked off. darn it, I do hope I get it as stated though.
When I was checking out it says 1 week, then I check on the order it states 1 week as well. :(
I don't wanna wait for a month or even more  :-X
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 06:57:01 »
why are ya'll so excited for a phone..  i mean.. they all do the same thing.. they're all about as fast when it comes to the important stuff...

Best analogy I could make is ,  it's like you're getting excited over getting new socks..

I mean.. yea socks are important, some are warmer, some are softer..

but.. overall, they're just socks...

I mean.. i understand if you got excited when they first invented socks in 2007...

when I got my the first 8gb iphone, i was like. holy crap, I can ssh into my computer and remote desktop actually works well, OMG...

but..  2014.. like.. what's the big deal..

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 08:22:14 »
why are ya'll so excited for a phone..  i mean.. they all do the same thing.. they're all about as fast when it comes to the important stuff...

Best analogy I could make is ,  it's like you're getting excited over getting new socks..

I mean.. i understand if you got excited when they first invented socks in 2007...

when I got my the first 8gb iphone, i was like. holy crap, I can ssh into my computer and remote desktop actually works well, OMG...

Look how much cooler tp4 is than us, he's so above us plebeians and our petty concerns  :rolleyes:

To answer your question; I give a **** because my phone is the one device I interact with more than anything else almost everyday. My ifail5 is on its last leg and I'm excited to have a flagship grade phone for a stupidly-cheap price. Being that my job is web ops and I'm on call 24/7, my phone is how our NOC contacts me after hours as well as being a device I have on me at all times running important system and application monitoring tools. Maybe when all you use your phone for is trolling and spouting nonsensical, holier-than-thou rants they all look the same, but I suspect the rest of the productive world looks at them differently.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 11:21:48 »
Why do I even care what kind of keyboard I am using. They all do the same thing. I mean I was excited when I invented the keyboard, but now I just don't see the need for anything other than my Dell OEM.
Let's not even talk about the fact that I bought this new jacket even though my old one is completely functional with it's four holes and paint splatter all over it from an accident. Such a waste of money. It's not even like winter is coming.

Congratulations to everyone that is getting the Oneplus. I am sure you'll enjoy having a workhorse of a phone. Mine is just used as a paperweight since I have this 1st gen iPhone that still works, AND I have android running on it so what do I need a new phone for?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 15:51:23 »

Look how much cooler tp4 is than us, he's so above us plebeians and our petty concerns  :rolleyes:

To answer your question; I give a **** because my phone is the one device I interact with more than anything else almost everyday. My ifail5 is on its last leg and I'm excited to have a flagship grade phone for a stupidly-cheap price. Being that my job is web ops and I'm on call 24/7, my phone is how our NOC contacts me after hours as well as being a device I have on me at all times running important system and application monitoring tools. Maybe when all you use your phone for is trolling and spouting nonsensical, holier-than-thou rants they all look the same, but I suspect the rest of the productive world looks at them differently.

I've seen the tech team and dbas work first hand..  the only complicated thing that hits the phone are alert messages like,  "server needs more ram" "please merge tables" "job fail"

and most of those are just emails or txts..

I'm calling bull**** on just how "IMPORTANT"  this NEW technology is vs the billion phones that came before it which email and txt just as well...

and IDK why you'd think I'm being holier-than-thou..

If you read it that way.. that's your own insecurity...  I attempted no such emphasis.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 16:39:26 »

I've seen the tech team and dbas work first hand..  the only complicated thing that hits the phone are alert messages like,  "server needs more ram" "please merge tables" "job fail"

I'm calling bull**** on just how "IMPORTANT"  this NEW technology is vs the billion phones that came before it which email and txt just as well...

If you read it that way.. that's your own insecurity...  I attempted no such emphasis.

Show Image

Boy do I ever feel sorry for those "tech teams" if that's all the more monitoring and alerting capabilities they've got.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 16:51:29 »

Show Image

Boy do I ever feel sorry for those "tech teams" if that's all the more monitoring and alerting capabilities they've got.

They have them.. they're just usually not necessary, because if they get the alert, they'd rather just rd into the machines using a laptop vs using their phone..

Have you worked long in IT ? no body WANTS TO do any work on their phones..

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 17:42:42 »

They have them.. they're just usually not necessary, because if they get the alert, they'd rather just rd into the machines using a laptop vs using their phone..

I'm sure you and your "tech team" do just fine managing Fred Flintstones and Barney Rubles desktops at the Rockhead Quarry. However, when your managing distributed infrastructures where 100+ systems spread across the globe are used to host just one of dozens of web applications, tools like RDP and ssh don't cut it.

Sure management from a phone is less than ideal, but when you're in a pinch and **** is blowing up you don't always get the luxury of having a laptop around to use.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 18:28:50 »

I'm sure you and your "tech team" do just fine managing Fred Flintstones and Barney Rubles desktops at the Rockhead Quarry. However, when your managing distributed infrastructures where 100+ systems spread across the globe are used to host just one of dozens of web applications, tools like RDP and ssh don't cut it.

Sure management from a phone is less than ideal, but when you're in a pinch and **** is blowing up you don't always get the luxury of having a laptop around to use.

This is preposterous..    I've never met any admin that goes anywhere without wifi, or not bring a laptop with them..

it's not even for their job,, it's just a thing people DO... no one in tech goes anywhere without a laptop.

Offline vyshane

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 20:48:57 »
This is preposterous..    I've never met any admin that goes anywhere without wifi, or not bring a laptop with them..

it's not even for their job,, it's just a thing people DO... no one in tech goes anywhere without a laptop.

Well, you just lack imagination then.

This time next year we'll probably be having the same conversation, except that strict will be managing servers from his smartwatch :p

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:05:08 »
Zomg OnePlus One discussion thread on the forum I spend most of my time on?

Don't mind if I do!

Looking forward to getting my phone....... in 4-5 weeks. :-[
null

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 21:49:44 »

Don't mind if I do!

1-2 weeks for me :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 23:09:12 »

Don't mind if I do!

1-2 weeks for me :D

Lucky you are.

It took me just over an hour of refreshing to get in on the pre-order!
null

Offline iri

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 02:17:28 »
i don't get the hype.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Glissant

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 05:10:21 »
I hope you guys and gals saw this https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/bamboo-styleswap-invites.159297/ because if you didn't then I have even less of a chance to get one ;).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 05:20:55 »
I hope you guys and gals saw this https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/bamboo-styleswap-invites.159297/ because if you didn't then I have even less of a chance to get one ;).

I got the bamboo cap on my klean canteen. 

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 05:46:47 »
Show Image

My kleen kanteen always had a metallic taste to it.

I threw my name in the pool, but I'm not too worried if I don't get in.  I use a cover anyways.  Picked up a tempered glass protector as well.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 05:55:15 »
Show Image

Yup... that's how you know it's good..

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 06:22:01 »
Show Image

I threw my name in the pool, but I'm not too worried if I don't get in.  I use a cover anyways.  Picked up a tempered glass protector as well.

Show Image

Show Image

hey sweet case. what case is that may I ask? and what tempered glass did you get ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 06:23:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

hey sweet case. what case is that may I ask? and what tempered glass did you get ?

pretty much all temper glass are the same

just get one without the grid pattern..

the quality is all the same, they all come from the same place.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 06:27:24 »

It's the Boxwave arctic frost crystal slip case.  Fair warning: it does sit a tad bit lower than the screen protector.  I also have the boxwave blackout case, and that easily sits above the screen protector, if you're worried about dropping it on the front face.

The screen protector made by Orzly.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 08:12:11 »

It's the Boxwave arctic frost crystal slip case.  Fair warning: it does sit a tad bit lower than the screen protector.  I also have the boxwave blackout case, and that easily sits above the screen protector, if you're worried about dropping it on the front face.

The screen protector made by Orzly.

oh I heard of Orzly. There's this Nillkin one which is like 9 dollars but it doesn't ship to the UK.  :(

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 05:40:18 »
Oooohhhh. Updated once again.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME
Less than 1 week

=D

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 10:57:29 »
Went from 4-5 Weeks to 2-3 Weeks!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
null

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 20:04:19 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 20:09:34 »
null

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 06:46:27 »
Anyone received their phones yet ? I've heard ppl in EU(Not UK though) and Canada are receiving theirs.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 07:25:49 »
Anyone received their phones yet ? I've heard ppl in EU(Not UK though) and Canada are receiving theirs.

I'm still sitting in the failed payment purgatory  :'(

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 07:43:16 »

I'm still sitting in the failed payment purgatory  :'(

Ah crap that sucks dude. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't face that problem. Hope yours will be resolved soon.  :(

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 08:40:11 »
I just got an email that my payment failed again and that they have cancelled my preorder. **** OnePlus, what a joke this whole pre-order has been. I was pretty close to cancelling my order anyway after all the bull**** but this properly sealed the deal that I wont be buying a OP device.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 09:03:17 »
I just got an email that my payment failed again and that they have cancelled my preorder. **** OnePlus, what a joke this whole pre-order has been. I was pretty close to cancelling my order anyway after all the bull**** but this properly sealed the deal that I wont be buying a OP device.

man that really sucks.  :( sorry to hear that. yeah their pre-order was a massive blunder to say the least. maybe if you could try pre-order this coming nov the 17th if you wanna try your luck again.  :'(

Offline bear95

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 08:42:07 »
Just noticed, the placeholder name on the pre-orders:
Ivan Taninvite = I want an invite

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 10:33:22 »
Just got an email saying my phone is ready for shipping.... 2 weeks early.

Hoping OnePlus isn't trolling me!
null

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #184 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 11:30:43 »

I'm being trolled so badly by OP. Well I think UK buyers are actually. 1 week estimated has already past, but no shipping in sight yet. No even a notification  :(

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 20:14:12 »

I'm being trolled so badly by OP. Well I think UK buyers are actually. 1 week estimated has already past, but no shipping in sight yet. No even a notification  :(
Yeah, I'm a a bit skeptical of how OnePlus has handled the sales of their phones.

Just checked my Paypal account and OnePlus has already taken funds out of my account.

If I don't get my phone sometime next week I'm going to be a little bit irked.
null

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 07:55:03 »

Yeah, I'm a a bit skeptical of how OnePlus has handled the sales of their phones.

Just checked my Paypal account and OnePlus has already taken funds out of my account.

If I don't get my phone sometime next week I'm going to be a little bit irked.

Well apparently UK orders are being shipped but no tracking is given as they're too busy (?) it seems. I don't know. Hopefully I'll get mine next week  :(

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #187 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 09:33:24 »
Mine shipped with tracking... Status still lists 1-2 weeks lol.
null

Offline gcb

Re: [WTB]/[LF] OnePlus One invite
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:39:07 »
Not sure if you guys saw this: http://is.gd/YJ23WU , but at least there is a shot at getting it with this :D.

lol. the linked video explains why phones are all designed like a slipery soap

the designer only holds it like an expensive diamond to look at it... he never put in his pocket and take it out to see if the damn thing is usable.

amateurs.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 11:03:25 »
Apparently OnePlus is sending out invites to everyone who, like me, had their pre-order cancelled because I just got two invites. I cant decide if I want to say **** it and keep the 6+ that I really don't like or try my chances with OnePlus again. I can't help but look at this whole pre-order fiasco as a red flag for what it will be like if I ever needed support or to RMA the thing.

I have so many issues with the 6+, not the least of which being the dog-**** camera and how much ios8 sucks balls. I'm not convinced that the OnePlus is the holy grail that some people make it out to be though. There seems to be plenty of complaints on the OP forums and on /r/oneplus which makes me wonder if I dodged a bullet having my pre-order get cancelled.

Gah ... If only HTC had released the M8 Eye here in the states I would have made my decision already.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 11:06:55 »
WOO

My OPO is out for delivery!!!!

Was thinking of cancelling my preorder because my original order was 4-5 weeks delivery... It's been like a week and a half and I'm already getting my phone!
null

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 11:13:12 »
Mine's out for delivery since yesterday, unfortunately I'm only able to receive it on Monday. Oh well. :D

Offline Glissant

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 11:13:53 »
strict, get the OPO. Sell it if you're not happy.

Sygaldry, perfect timing now that the newest update just came out today :)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 11:19:55 »
Apparently OnePlus is sending out invites to everyone who, like me, had their pre-order cancelled because I just got two invites. I cant decide if I want to say **** it and keep the 6+ that I really don't like or try my chances with OnePlus again. I can't help but look at this whole pre-order fiasco as a red flag for what it will be like if I ever needed support or to RMA the thing.

I have so many issues with the 6+, not the least of which being the dog-**** camera and how much ios8 sucks balls. I'm not convinced that the OnePlus is the holy grail that some people make it out to be though. There seems to be plenty of complaints on the OP forums and on /r/oneplus which makes me wonder if I dodged a bullet having my pre-order get cancelled.

Gah ... If only HTC had released the M8 Eye here in the states I would have made my decision already.

Yeah get the OPO. If you don't fancy it, it's really easy to sell even for like 50 bucks more than the retail price. People would pay. That's the funny part  ;D

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 11:36:59 »
God ****ing damnit, there must be some force somewhere in the universe conspiring to make sure I never get a OPO. This is such bull****, I got both invites yesterday at 8AM and in a matter of 28 hours they ****ing expire???

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 12:33:34 »
strict, get the OPO. Sell it if you're not happy.

Sygaldry, perfect timing now that the newest update just came out today :)

Does the update address the stability issues the OPO has been having recently (a la boot loop etc)

Also, sadly I'm super OCD with my electronics so I probably won't touch my phone until my case and screen protector arrive (ordered these the moment I got my tracking number via Amazon Prime and somehow the phone is arriving even sooner than that). Will have to wait til Monday to play with my new toy!
null

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 13:29:42 »
God ****ing damnit, there must be some force somewhere in the universe conspiring to make sure I never get a OPO. This is such bull****, I got both invites yesterday at 8AM and in a matter of 28 hours they ****ing expire???

Show Image

WELL THERE.....
You might wanna open a tic. All I know is if you send it to someone, they have to use it within 24 hours. Not sure about your case though.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 16:02:45 »
Ok I caved....

Playing with this phone now and I'm so glad I switched back to Android from iOS (my last Android phone was the Nexus One).

Fun stuff... I can't believe I only paid 360 for it.
null

Offline Glissant

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 16:54:31 »
Congrats, Sygaldry. Now go nuts with CM11 themes on the play store ;). Flats, Flux, Lollipop 5.0 and Flat (iOS lookalike sort of) are some that I recommend taking a look at.
I'm currently running Flats with the Moonshine icon pack (using Nova Launcher) on my OPO.
No idea if you like that sort of thing, but I guess it's a nod to everyone that wants to try something new :).

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 16:55:49 »
Ok I caved....

Playing with this phone now and I'm so glad I switched back to Android from iOS (my last Android phone was the Nexus One).

Fun stuff... I can't believe I only paid 360 for it.

Wow, that's great ! iOS isn't that bad tbh. I used it, it was my first smart phone & I really liked it.
But nowadays, my gadgets that I prefer are usually my Nexus 4 + my iPad Mini w Retina Display.
The size of the mini is just nice for me. Can't wait to get my OPO now ;)