Author Topic: [HELP] Looking for Luxury Keyboard Kit  (Read 962 times)

Offline calino

[HELP] Looking for Luxury Keyboard Kit
« on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 04:04:19 »
Hello hello !

I am new in the mechanical keyboard community. I fell into it thanks to Yaeha Types Youtube channel.
Now i got in mind that i want a new keyboard =)

I found a looooooot in the GB section of this forum, any shape, any prices. I have trouble finding what a high quality would be for a keyboard.
Im french and i need a french layout keycaps, so if you people could advice me brands, it would be amazing !

I am a cherry mx black user, and i was wondering if there was any better quality switches nowdays also.

My budget is 600 - 1000€  for a new keyboard, out of the box (im too bad at soldering....)

Thank you !

Offline twohands

Re: [HELP] Looking for Luxury Keyboard Kit
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 20:04:42 »
At that price range, there aren't any pre-builts AFAIK. You can basically customize whatever you want if you have enough patience. Best to partner with a commissioned builder IMO (such as Taeha himself - check his website). There are tons of less mainstream switches too - but this is really a personal choice rather than a "better" in terms of total ordering; again, builders may be able to advise you on this, or you can spend some of your budget on different switches.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: [HELP] Looking for Luxury Keyboard Kit
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 21:57:03 »
Don't buy anything from group buys unless you're ready for 6months to 2 years of delays.

As a newbie, just buy a $20-40 mechanical BLUE switch keyboard on amazon. And play with it for a couple months. THEN COME BACK, you'll understand the process much better. Mechanical keyboards aren't really that special. They just look glamorous because of the marketing.