Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423228 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1350 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 19:24:09 »
i wanted a few sound files from watch dogs
now i'm sat here with 1,849 .ogg files alone and they're not labelled more than just "sound *generic number*"

**** me i'm going to have a dandy time browsing this

next up time to rip the artwork from this game because i want a sharp-as-knives raw version of the dedsec skull and defalt rat head

yay

I'd say you have -problems-    but watchdog album is enticing..
Show Image

do you want me to mail you some of the ambient honking noise files?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1351 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 21:09:08 »
Worked a 12 hour shift, 4 hours of which were in surgery.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #1352 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 21:14:07 »
Tried to learn how to play starcraft 2. All I learned is that it is not command and conquer and that it is rather hard :P

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1353 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 21:15:35 »

I hope you're a surgeon, and not that you had to work through a surgery...   :eek:

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1354 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 21:44:14 »

I hope you're a surgeon, and not that you had to work through a surgery...   :eek:

I work in a vet practice. For those 4 hours I was assisting with anesthesia and monitoring.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1355 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 21:53:52 »
Vets are cool.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1356 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:08:58 »

I work in a vet practice. For those 4 hours I was assisting with anesthesia and monitoring.

That's very cool. How do you enjoy that line of work? Seems intense but also fun cause kitties.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1357 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:33:22 »
i wanted a few sound files from watch dogs
now i'm sat here with 1,849 .ogg files alone and they're not labelled more than just "sound *generic number*"

**** me i'm going to have a dandy time browsing this

next up time to rip the artwork from this game because i want a sharp-as-knives raw version of the dedsec skull and defalt rat head

yay

I'd say you have -problems-    but watchdog album is enticing..
Show Image

do you want me to mail you some of the ambient honking noise files?

LOL... thx but I get enough of ambient noise from all the crickets around here...

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1358 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 23:24:36 »

That's very cool. How do you enjoy that line of work? Seems intense but also fun cause kitties.

It's pretty intense at times. Today we had a cat in that had been attacked by a bunch of dogs. But we also had a baby chipmunk.

It's one of two paths I'm considering going forward with in school. The other is physics professor :P

Offline iri

« Reply #1359 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 01:41:14 »
listened to The Official Cambrige Guide to IELTS. way easier than i thought.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #1360 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 02:28:04 »
Switched from Firefox to PaleMoon as I hate the new FF UI!
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 June 2014, 03:42:44 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1361 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 03:08:20 »
bought a house...

Congrats!!

now to get through all the inspections and such, but the offer was accepted.  w00t...

edit: oh and the 3 months of renos we have planned for it before we move in.  we are crazy...

So where you do live in the mean time? In the rough Canadian wilderness?

Today I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not to take selfies at work.

But....#seflies. Lemme take one :(
AIN'T SKEERED
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1362 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:30:31 »
Discovered you can get through USA airport security without a driver's license.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1363 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:31:23 »
:O

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1364 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:34:57 »
I've gotten through the airports several times without a driver license... using my passport LOL.
Got some new tires for the car... I really didn't want to but they were really really really bad to the point of being unsafe so...
Expect a sale from me soon for a bunch of keyboards and keycaps.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1365 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:36:58 »
No passport, no drivers license. I was playing the airport game on hard mode and won.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1366 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:38:48 »
Did it involve a library card? Or perhaps an expired school ID from like junior high?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1367 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:39:54 »
Did it involve a library card? Or perhaps an expired school ID from like junior high?

Nope, just a cold thick finger and a loooooooot of lube.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1368 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:40:26 »
College ID and credit cards. And a hilarious pat down. First time I managed to make the other person uncomfortable.

No lube either. Not gonna lie, i was worried.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:42:09 by CPTBadAss »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1369 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 15:08:09 »
I've gotten through the airports several times without a driver license... using my passport LOL.
Got some new tires for the car... I really didn't want to but they were really really really bad to the point of being unsafe so...

Haha...  Ya I just put 2k on my CC for all sorts of repairs to my car.  :(  Unfortunately I do not have much to sell yet.  Soon I will have custom keyboards to sell...  :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1370 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 18:55:30 »

:'(   I always hate having to sell things to pay the bills...  :(  Hope it's not too big of a dent.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1371 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 07:58:49 »
Well not too terrible, $300 for a full set of 4 tires installed. It's just annoying since I am actually trying to sell that car and really didn't want to put one more cent into it. But, one tire was starting to split so it would be unsafe. I suppose I didn't really NEED to replace all 4 tires, but I hate it when things like that don't match. If I hadn't also bought a bunch of new shoes and clothes as well... LOL, its really the combination of those things ending up in too much money spent. Besides I have way more keyboard and keycap than I could possibly need right now anyway. It's a good excuse to push myself to sell some.

Offline iri

« Reply #1372 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:01:59 »
Besides I have way more keyboard and keycap than I could possibly need right now anyway
one of every cherry model ever manufactured?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1373 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:07:44 »
Hahah no I am not that bad. I 'only' have 11 keyboards and like 8 or 9 sets that aren't on anything, plus some various individual keys.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1374 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:41:37 »
bought an analogue camera within my price range
69088-0
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1375 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 16:35:15 »
Made some ghetto greens from blue switches and black springs. Need to figure out which board I'm going to take apart in order to test them out in a plate.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1376 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 16:56:00 »
(Attachment Link)
You're such a hipster  ^-^

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1377 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 17:03:57 »
Lots of no-no hush-hush photo stuff
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1378 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 18:19:40 »
Hahah no I am not that bad. I 'only' have 11 keyboards and like 8 or 9 sets that aren't on anything, plus some various individual keys.

Your tiny apartment sort of self-regulates your collection size anyway.   :p

(Attachment Link)

That would be called a film camera.   ;)   

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1379 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 21:14:09 »
Started putting in job applications...sadly, my University job isn't covering basic living expenses anymore, and I'm sick of asking my family for assistance. Also, minimum wage is about to go up in Michigan, screwing me and a bunch of other people I work with out of more hours where I'm at. I love being an adult...
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1380 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:20:18 »
Had an inspection on the house I am buying.  It went well.  The structure is perfect, but I need to re-wire and re-plumb the whole house.  I knew this already though and am budgeting for it.  I also need to completely redo a kitchen and bathroom.  It ain't going to be cheap...   :'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1381 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:38:58 »
Had an inspection on the house I am buying.  It went well.  The structure is perfect, but I need to re-wire and re-plumb the whole house.  I knew this already though and am budgeting for it.  I also need to completely redo a kitchen and bathroom.  It ain't going to be cheap...   :'(

Ouch!   :-X   As long as you get it done before you move in it will at least be manageable though.   :thumb:

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1382 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:50:21 »
played payday 2 for prob 6 hrs :'(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1383 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:54:03 »

Oh to be back in high school or college.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1384 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:56:29 »

:))   Sounds like high school to me.  Never had enough time for that in college.   ;)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1385 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 23:01:35 »

:))   Sounds like high school to me.  Never had enough time for that in college.   ;)

He is a high schooler.  I hate to admit it, but I did find time like that in college...on rare occasion.  I was one of those people who had a full schedule, extracurriculars, was in the honor's program, had a campus job, and, somehow, still had time to do stuff like that sometimes.

The best was when my roomie and I got blasted and played Army of Two.  Terrible game, but so much fun with a friend when you're drunk.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1386 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 23:17:14 »

Ouch!   :-X   As long as you get it done before you move in it will at least be manageable though.   :thumb:

Ya. 3 months of reno before we move in. Carrying two places for the 3 months is going to be a bit rough. It will be awesome once we are in though. 

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #1387 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 23:57:52 »

Ya. 3 months of reno before we move in. Carrying two places for the 3 months is going to be a bit rough. It will be awesome once we are in though.

Are you staying in Montreal or are you moving to another city (I am just curious!)
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1388 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 00:32:16 »
I made this!

LEGO Highway Speedster by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1389 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 06:24:01 »
Continued packing my stuff.

Moving in 5 days.

I'm a bit excited but also very nervous. It's a major step in my life.

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1390 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 06:28:12 »
I made this!

Show Image

LEGO Highway Speedster by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr
As a Dane I'm very pleased.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1391 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 08:03:52 »

Are you staying in Montreal or are you moving to another city (I am just curious!)

Staying in montreal, but moving out to the end of the island by sainte-annes.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1392 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 08:24:15 »
ESEA pug'd all morning... now I'm going to the bank... but what for...
Stay tuned kids ;)

Also, let's play some Castle Crashers!!!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1393 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 09:03:18 »
Stay tuned kids ;)

Aww ya. :) Shhhh, don't jinx it...

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1394 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 09:04:24 »
Stay tuned kids ;)

Aww ya. :) Shhhh, don't jinx it...
lol, I know  right.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1395 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 09:33:13 »
Finished up some pieces for JBM and geekhackers.org.

69240-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1396 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 09:39:53 »
Posted on GH for the first time in over a week :eek: (thanks to the couple people who checked on me ;) )

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1397 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 10:08:58 »
Posted on GH for the first time in over a week :eek: (thanks to the couple people who checked on me ;) )

:thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1398 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 12:33:20 »
I also picked up some metal...  :))

Offline Pacifist