Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423295 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1450 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 21:22:42 »
Yesterday I spent 2 hours cleaning glass shards out of my truck!  Yippeeeeee.  Now I can drive and not feel afraid of cutting myself if I reach into my cup holder....

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1451 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 21:43:17 »

Yesterday I spent 2 hours cleaning glass shards out of my truck!  Yippeeeeee.  Now I can drive and not feel afraid of cutting myself if I reach into my cup holder....

Threads called "what did you do today" not "what did you do yesterday" COME ON HOFF!

Now, do tell. Where did the glass come from?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1452 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 21:44:20 »
Went with the fiance to pick up my wedding band. She surprised me with it. Black titanium with a carbon fiber inlay  ;D
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1453 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 21:44:52 »
Someone break in or... Details man!!!  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1454 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:38:32 »

Threads called "what did you do today" not "what did you do yesterday" COME ON HOFF!

Careful - that was probably from the day before yesterday :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1455 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:39:49 »

We need more threads!
"What did you do yesterday"
"What did you do the day before yesterday"
And so on!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1456 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:42:24 »

We need more threads!
And so on!

What are you going to do tomorrow?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1457 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:42:50 »

We need more threads!
And so on!

What did you do two days after the day before yesterday?

Oh, wait ........
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1458 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 22:43:46 »
"I know what you did last summer" thread

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1459 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:06:21 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45656.msg1286237#msg1286237

It's taken me awhile to do the full cleaning.  Up until yesterday, if you pulled the passenger side visor down you got a nice sprinkling of glass shards.   :rolleyes:   My sister only made that mistake once.   :))

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1460 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:08:27 »

It's taken me awhile to do the full cleaning.  Up until yesterday, if you pulled the passenger side visor down you got a nice sprinkling of glass shards.   :rolleyes:   My sister only made that mistake once.   :))

Poor bird :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1461 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:09:36 »

That's...what?...  No, no.  Poor ME.  My windshield broke, Halverson.  And I only got to spend half the day with Ivan instead of the whole day.   :'(   That's the real travesty here....

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1462 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:11:31 »

That's...what?...  No, no.  Poor ME.  My windshield broke, Halverson.  And I only got to spend half the day with Ivan instead of the whole day.   :'(   That's the real travesty here....

Awe :(

Offline iri

« Reply #1463 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 01:09:18 »
bought an engagement ring with a cute-looking heart-shaped stone.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #1464 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:05:05 »

Oooh...when are you going to pop the question? :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #1465 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:07:09 »

**** knows.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1466 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:09:46 »

**** knows.

And will **** ultimately let us know?

Offline iri

« Reply #1467 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:20:35 »

**** knows.

he tells me, i tell y'all

-Ray Bradbury

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #1468 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 02:42:37 »

**** knows.

Well, the best of luck to you! :cool:

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1469 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 04:58:18 »
Still finishing up packing. Wednesday is the day I head out.

Packed up all my mech keyboards so I'm on a rubber domes.  :eek:

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1470 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 05:04:16 »
Did some sketches for a couple of hours and then got the dremel out and started stripping down an old 70's amp that I'm gonna use for a htpc case. Stupid old ass metal is sharp as hell dammit! Should look good when I'm done though.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1471 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 05:13:40 »
Did some sketches for a couple of hours and then got the dremel out and started stripping down an old 70's amp that I'm gonna use for a htpc case. Stupid old ass metal is sharp as hell dammit! Should look good when I'm done though.

what kinda of sketches?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1472 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 05:14:38 »

what kinda of sketches?

Trains, tanks and clacks today!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1473 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 05:16:54 »
I stayed up all night working.  I'm always up late but I haven't done this in a long time.  Eyes are sore but I feel pretty good.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1474 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 05:22:42 »
I stayed up all night working.  I'm always up late but I haven't done this in a long time.  Eyes are sore but I feel pretty good.

studies show sleep deprivation reduces depression... weird eh?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1475 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 05:24:35 »

studies show sleep deprivation reduces depression... weird eh?
Show Image

I have a hard time believing that. Will have to check it.

Offline iri

« Reply #1476 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 05:52:42 »

**** knows.

Well, the best of luck to you! :cool:
thanks!

Packed up all my mech keyboards so I'm on a rubber domes.  :eek:
what about watches and fountain pens?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #1477 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 07:54:19 »

I hit a kangaroo once... In terms of damage to the car I came off really lucky. It cracked up the front bumper and took of a bit of trim but that was it. Could have been much worse. Still. It's scary spinning down a highway at 100km/hr (at point of impact) with a kangaroo under your car.

The kangaroo wasn't so lucky.

Oh and in keeping on topic I worked 8 hours and then drove for 2 and a half hours today.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1478 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 07:56:13 »

I hit a kangaroo once... In terms of damage to the car I came off really lucky. It cracked up the front bumper and took of a bit of trim but that was it. Could have been much worse. Still. It's scary spinning down a highway at 100km/hr (at point of impact) with a kangaroo under your car.

The kangaroo wasn't so lucky.

Oh and in keeping on topic I worked 8 hours and then drove for 2 and a half hours today.

My parents live out bush, a number of their cars have been taken out by suicidal roos!

Offline osi

« Reply #1479 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 08:07:56 »
Yesterday marked one week since I smoked a cigarette.

Friday afternoon since any dip.

~3 days nicotine free. I just wanted to write this down somewhere

Feelsgoodman

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1480 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 08:10:12 »

Feelsgoodman
Sounds good man  ;)

I wish you luck.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1481 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 08:12:44 »

Feelsgoodman

Nice! I'm 4 days without a cig thanks to Chantix and some willpower.

We can do it! :D
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline osi

« Reply #1482 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 08:13:40 »

Feelsgoodman
Sounds good man  ;)

I wish you luck.

Feelsgoodman

Nice! I'm 4 days without a cig thanks to Chantix and some willpower.

We can do it! :D

Thanks mangs -- lets do this!!

Offline iri

« Reply #1483 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 08:44:34 »
*iri is 7.5 years cigarette free

-Ray Bradbury

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1484 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 08:45:30 »
*iri is 7.5 years cigarette free

Congrats sir.

My dad's about 2 years free, having smoked for 30 or so years prior. I'm glad you quit earlier.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1485 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 09:12:45 »
Glad I never started.

Offline iri

« Reply #1486 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 11:17:23 »
got a job offer.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1487 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 12:47:15 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1488 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 12:47:49 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1489 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 13:47:07 »
I have the week off so I'm probably gonna finish up fate/zero
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1490 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 21:51:25 »
got a job offer.

Nice.  Does that mean you won't be moving to London with your previous company?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1491 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 22:27:32 »
I saw the new Transformers!! It was amazing!! Probably my favorite one. Way more about Transformers and for their survival. Mark Wahlberg is one of my top fav actors and it was fantastic!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1492 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 22:31:29 »
Headed to Seattle tomorrow. I've never been so it should be fun  :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1493 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 22:37:00 »

If you like beer, check out The Pine Box, Stumbling Monk, Hopvine, and Brouwer's Cafe.  And if you see a bottle of Iron Horse Brewing Quilter's Irish Death, don't even think twice, just buy it.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #1494 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 22:54:30 »
Went to go buy another set of rubber mold (because I ran out). Now back to more experiments.  :p

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1495 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 22:57:33 »
Went to go buy another set of rubber mold (because I ran out). Now back to more experiments.  :p
How'd you run out? One bottle for me got 4 working sets and a crap ton of duds

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1496 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 23:06:07 »

If you like beer, check out The Pine Box, Stumbling Monk, Hopvine, and Brouwer's Cafe.  And if you see a bottle of Iron Horse Brewing Quilter's Irish Death, don't even think twice, just buy it.

I would if I was of age--not quite there yet  :))

Offline iri

« Reply #1497 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 02:14:28 »
got a job offer.

It was a relocation offer from my current employer. And luckily the smallish town to which the team moves is not London. And I am very glad it isn't! I have been living in Moscow for 26 years. Big cities? Never again!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1498 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 03:06:13 »
got a job offer.

Nice work! I'm on the hunt at the moment, not having much luck though.

Today I finally did last years tax (only 9 months late too), luckily it looks like I should be getting about $850 bucks back! Couldn't have come at a better time, really hoping I get a similar amount when I do this years tax return in a couple of days..

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1499 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 06:52:28 »
got a job offer.

It was a relocation offer from my current employer. And luckily the smallish town to which the team moves is not London. And I am very glad it isn't! I have been living in Moscow for 26 years. Big cities? Never again!

Cool. Ya living I'm a little city now, but I grew up in 'the woods' without electricity and running water. Don't want to go all the way back to that, but a smaller town with some mountains near by would be pretty sweet.