Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423174 times)

Offline Kayla

• :3
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1500 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 08:00:07 »
I lost sleep. I lost a lot of sleep. I need to sleep but Im waiting on Purolator so I can RMA a bad laptop back to Lenovo. So tired though ; ; why cant they just be here at 8 am..

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1501 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 08:58:38 »
I haven't slept yet... but I have remedial summer course starting in about 2 and a half hours (lasts for 2 and 45 minutes). Fun time, I'll be browsing geekhack non stop so keep me busy guys <3

And since this isn't "What are you going to do today", yesterday I celebrated Canada Day by grabbing wings with some friends and then singing in Rock Band
I love Elzy

Offline iri

« Reply #1502 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 10:08:39 »
Installed SwiftKey. Can't believe I didn't do that before. It is almost able to conjugate!!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1503 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 10:09:08 »
Installed SwiftKey. Can't believe I didn't do that before. It is almost able to conjugate!!

Dude swiftkey is the best purchase I've ever made for my smartphone.
I love Elzy

Offline iri

« Reply #1504 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 12:19:52 »
and i installed it for free.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1505 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 08:35:13 »
Never driving a 1,300 mile road trip ever again. It was fun as a kid but now.. I'm too old for this shiz!

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #1506 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 08:41:28 »
got a job offer.

Nice.  Does that mean you won't be moving to London with your previous company?
It was a relocation offer from my current employer. And luckily the smallish town to which the team moves is not London. And I am very glad it isn't! I have been living in Moscow for 26 years. Big cities? Never again!

Cool. Ya living I'm a little city now, but I grew up in 'the woods' without electricity and running water. Don't want to go all the way back to that, but a smaller town with some mountains near by would be pretty sweet.

Come to Beloeil/Mont-St-Hilaire!

Seriously, I have been living on the south shore of Montreal when i was young and it was nice, but I moved to Beloeil to get closer to my job and because the price of houses is just crazy and I must admit that living 10 minutes away from a small mountain is super nice. Got my pass to go walk there with the family whenever we want and I am sad we don't go more often. And it's a super nice place to raise a family!

And they are building lots of new houses kuf kuf ...  ;D
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1507 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 09:04:28 »
got a job offer.

Nice.  Does that mean you won't be moving to London with your previous company?
It was a relocation offer from my current employer. And luckily the smallish town to which the team moves is not London. And I am very glad it isn't! I have been living in Moscow for 26 years. Big cities? Never again!

Cool. Ya living I'm a little city now, but I grew up in 'the woods' without electricity and running water. Don't want to go all the way back to that, but a smaller town with some mountains near by would be pretty sweet.

Come to Beloeil/Mont-St-Hilaire!

Seriously, I have been living on the south shore of Montreal when i was young and it was nice, but I moved to Beloeil to get closer to my job and because the price of houses is just crazy and I must admit that living 10 minutes away from a small mountain is super nice. Got my pass to go walk there with the family whenever we want and I am sad we don't go more often. And it's a super nice place to raise a family!

And they are building lots of new houses kuf kuf ...  ;D

Ya mont-st-hilaire is fun. I did an elective summer course there when I was at McGill. "Canadian Flora", it was such an easy course. We basically lived up there for 2 weeks and went on hikes every day and identified plants. I got blitzed every day of that course and still aced it. Haha. Guess growing up in the bush has some perks. :). It was a great couple weeks though and I really enjoyed being outside so much.

When I say mountains, I mean more like out west where I grew up. Where it takes you at least a day to get to the top and you have to camp on the mountain if you plan to go to the top.

There is something very humbling and peaceful about being in mountains that can kill you if you are not careful.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1508 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 10:38:44 »
Today I cut my hair. Don't support the hairdressers lobby!

Offline bursar

« Reply #1509 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 14:47:00 »
It was a day of two halves. In the morning I failed an MS certification exam, but in the afternoon I got a payrise. I think it evens out :)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1510 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 14:49:21 »
I got my laptop back! Also, went to the bakery and ordered a cake for the fiance's birthday, and made plans to go visit family next weekend.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline osi

« Reply #1511 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 07:03:30 »
Working on a holiday -- what's new?? :D

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #1512 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 07:10:55 »
Almost got myself a speeding ticket on the way home from work tonight (and undoubtedly would have deserved it) but the cop that pulled me over was the nicest guy. Only gave me a caution. :thumb:
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #1513 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 12:59:18 »
I got the day off work, zero plans for once.

Finally going to sit in front of my computer and zone for a day. yay for america.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1514 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 13:01:16 »
I got the day off work, zero plans for once.

Finally going to sit in front of my computer and zone for a day. yay for america.

what holiday is today??

nm.. i see it..

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1515 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 13:43:46 »
Sorry about the cell phone quality and the tardiness (I was sick most the week), but, as promised, pic of the new car:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1516 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 13:47:18 »
that's a cool looking car
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1517 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 13:55:17 »

Sorry about the cell phone quality and the tardiness (I was sick most the week), but, as promised, pic of the new car:

Show Image

looks really noice
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 14:43:07 »
Stressing on finishing my MSc-thesis, being my first paper soon to be submitted as well. Put new tires (GP4000S2 25mm) on my racing bike (Cube Agree w/Ultegra SL). Bought tons of biking gear that was in dire need of replacement (spare tires, bidons, plates for under my SPD-shoes, etc.). Took the bike for a little spin to check how my new tires grip on the road. Watched the games (World Cup France - Germany).
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 18:40:31 »
At the river, waiting for the sun to go down and for the fireworks to begin.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1520 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 18:44:22 »
I spent 8 hours configuring addons in world of warcraft.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1521 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 18:45:35 »

Show Image

start a riot
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1522 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 18:46:16 »

I spent 8 hours configuring addons in world of warcraft.
dude get on steam pls
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1523 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 21:50:44 »
with the kids
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1524 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 22:02:36 »
ohey

those look like the ones in NYC

I guess that's what your lat/long is
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1525 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 22:10:27 »

Show Image

Nice choice.  Really liking the styling of the new Mazdas.  The flat front with the swooping fenders looks sharp.  Only thing I don't like is the placement of the front plate right in the middle of the grill - probably the first thing I would change would be to relocate it lower. 

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1526 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 23:54:56 »

Show Image

Wowww that's a cool shot of the buildings, I've never been to NY!

Watched fireworks from our house, trees kinda in the way but worked. Saw them going off all over in other cities too. A good night over all!

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1527 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 01:57:58 »
Just finished watching Initial D Final Stage. Though I personally wouldn't want them to end the series but the ending was sure as hell great!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1528 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 02:46:27 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1529 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 03:08:56 »
Just finished watching Initial D Final Stage. Though I personally wouldn't want them to end the series but the ending was sure as hell great!

hahahahahaha.... Initial D... hahahaha.. the good old days.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1530 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 07:18:55 »
not sure if you're into it or you're laughing cause it's not nice at all D:

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1531 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 07:40:21 »
let's replace every d word with just d
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1532 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 08:21:04 »
let's replace every d word with just d

I got a d bick.
and it's my d in a box

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1533 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 08:26:25 »
man the cute d's down at the park are amazing
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1534 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 18:54:02 »
**** i can't sleep i hear footsteps pacing out around the back of the ****ing cabin at 2am in piss rain
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1535 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 18:55:26 »

Show Image

Is that a park in Brooklyn Heights or on the Brooklyn Promenade?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1536 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 19:16:10 »

Show Image

Is that a park in Brooklyn Heights or on the Brooklyn Promenade?

That's on the Promenade, overlooking the river.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1537 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 19:17:40 »
That's on the Promenade, overlooking the river.

Love the Promenade. It's lovely to walk on and the skyline view is great :D. My grandmother used to live near it.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1538 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 19:18:29 »
riotonthebay didn't start a riotonthebay
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1539 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:25:25 »

is that by the festival pier? i saw a show there 3 years ago and it was beautiful.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:27:08 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1540 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:30:18 »

is that by the festival pier? i saw a show there 3 years ago and it was beautiful.

HipsterPunks, you have a Maker badge!

Congratulations D:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1541 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:33:16 »
Let's flip that frown upside down…

Congratulations :D

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1542 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:38:50 »
eat meat.  drank beer...  :P

69962-0

x-post: The Beer Thread
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:42:36 by swill »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1543 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 00:33:25 »

(Attachment Link)

Man, that looks like a satisfying meal. What's under the ribs?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1544 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 00:55:51 »
Took grandma out for birthday dinner, played DotA.
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1545 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 01:05:35 »
Took grandma out for birthday dinner, played DotA.

:eek: dude, you'll be running low on grandma's at this point!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132891-Teen-Kills-Own-Grandmother-After-Scolding-Update

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1546 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 01:17:38 »
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1547 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 02:58:25 »

Congratulations D:

He'll yeah!!!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1548 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 06:53:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Man, that looks like a satisfying meal. What's under the ribs?

Chicken thigh. It was a new place my wife and I tried last night. It was pretty good.

Offline iri

« Reply #1549 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 10:58:45 »
Met the female nymphomaniac friend and wannabe girlfriend. Yes, I friendzoned her. No, we didn't have sex. We went to the Pushkin museum to look at the splendid paintings by Picasso, Matisse, Van Gogh and numerous others. Then we had a tasty dinner in a Turkish cafe.

-Ray Bradbury