Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423359 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2200 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 04:15:42 »
Went to a protest, got shot twice in the chest and once in the back with plastic bullets. Loads of teargas. Came home made dinner, played some Battlefield.
Geez! Nothing like real, and make believe battlefield all in the same day! I'm glad you were at least able to have a relaxing evening.

Thanks, pretty used to it by now. Only problem is that a bunch of my t-shirts now have legit bullet holes in them  :))
metal as ****
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2201 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 11:37:06 »
Went to a protest, got shot twice in the chest and once in the back with plastic bullets. Loads of teargas.
are you invulnerable?

I'm a big guy. Plastic bullets just make me angry.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2202 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 11:53:25 »
guess what
it begins with skating and ends with
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2203 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 13:36:46 »
Had to deal with some more BS with USPS ... they are really going down hill.

Shipped a BroBot on September 3rd, paid for 2 day shipping, 5 days later it's still not there and this is all USPS had to say (I'm deaf BTW, so I communicate with random people through writing);

between the incident with them arguing with me that Malaysia and Madagascar are the same country (seriously? are they retarded?) and shipping delays 90% of the time, I am ready to switch to another courier

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2204 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 15:36:19 »
Went to a protest, got shot twice in the chest and once in the back with plastic bullets. Loads of teargas.
are you invulnerable?

I'm a big guy. Plastic bullets just make me angry.
Damn, what a beast!

Be safe homie!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2205 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 15:42:31 »
I've been dealing with non-stop phone calls and faxes while trying to find a tactful way to tactfully tell my work that that they need to pay for travel time to and from a conference they want me to attend.  It will add 2 to 4 hours to my work day since if's up in LA and is from 8-5 each day. 

Offline nahka

• Did you see that, Fio?
« Reply #2206 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 15:54:33 »
Registered here and drooled. Like a lot.

Poker II
    Reds

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2207 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 19:19:20 »
Welcome to Geekhack! And yes, many pretty boards on here.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2208 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 02:40:57 »
Read about home renovation, plastic bullets, concert with other GHers...

And I just sat here bolt modding a full size M.

I got it off Craigslist thanks to a post in the great finds section.

For a Monday off it was grand by myself with only the sounds of Nujabes and my tools working.

More
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline RED-404

« Reply #2209 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 03:00:49 »
I stared at a white wall in a quiet room and listened to my tinnitus hoping it would drive me into an insane murderous rage. Sadly, it didn't.. Now I can't ignore or drown out the noise, so I can't sleep.

Why do I do stupid things...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2210 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 14:08:41 »
I put my cards on ice because I think I genuinely have a problem with money.

I also got a *cough* thing from *cough* somewhere...

It's a terminal one though, so I think I need a teensy?

More

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2211 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 15:47:36 »
Those look like ASCII characters on the num pad. That's awesome! Nice board.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2212 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 16:54:53 »
Cried all morning in bed
rolled out of bed at around 2pm
ate some leftovers
threw them up
cried some more
went on the internet

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2213 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 17:31:04 »

Cried all morning in bed
ate some leftovers
threw them up
cried some more
went on the internet
hug us all
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2214 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 17:38:01 »

Cried all morning in bed
ate some leftovers
threw them up
cried some more
went on the internet
hug us all

you don't want my hugs. apparently I am poison to everyone around me.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2215 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 17:39:56 »

Cried all morning in bed
ate some leftovers
threw them up
cried some more
went on the internet
hug us all

you don't want my hugs. apparently I am poison to everyone around me.
yeah we just saw that in the thread of mine  :blank:
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2216 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 18:57:26 »
Set a 1500 pound cartesian robot on its platform 11 feet in the air after driving the 8 foot x 10 foot machine down a 6 and a half foot hallway, making a 90° turn, then down a 7 foot wide hallway before I could pick it up in the air.  Had to drive it in with a fork truck.  Only took a couple hours once we started down the hallway.  I doubt I can get pics because of where it is and it is an international federally protected firm.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2217 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 19:00:42 »
Set a 1500 pound cartesian robot on its platform 11 feet in the air after driving the 8 foot x 10 foot machine down a 6 and a half foot hallway, making a 90° turn, then down a 7 foot wide hallway before I could pick it up in the air.  Had to drive it in with a fork truck.  Only took a couple hours once we started down the hallway.  I doubt I can get pics because of where it is and it is an international federally protected firm.

Melvang, advertising the sale of military secrets ... ??

shame on you...

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2218 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 19:02:36 »
Not military John Deere Foundry.  Though the longest part of the process to go from tractors to tanks is pulling the molds out of storage.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2219 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 19:19:59 »

Distorting the laws of physics on the way?

How did you get a 8x10' item through a 6' hallway?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RED-404

« Reply #2220 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 19:28:27 »
Not military John Deere Foundry.  Though the longest part of the process to go from tractors to tanks is pulling the molds out of storage.

Can you get John Deere to stop using crappy little snap-rings on the wheels of riding mowers. Once you add wheel weights and a leaf vac you start losing your front wheels at random...

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2221 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 19:58:09 »

Distorting the laws of physics on the way?

How did you get a 8x10' item through a 6' hallway?

Turn it diagonally as it was 8 feet wide in the middle of the 10 foot dimension not on the ends. 

Can you get John Deere to stop using crappy little snap-rings on the wheels of riding mowers. Once you add wheel weights and a leaf vac you start losing your front wheels at random...

Sorry can't help you there.  All they make at the plant I am working is 700+ lb castings for the 7000 series and larger using both ductile and gray iron.  For the record I work with parts held together with snap rings and they work very well but they do have their limitations.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2222 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 20:30:57 »
shoutout to all the people that actually like me

all one of me
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2223 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 22:32:10 »
Did some extreme **** in Mexico. Zip line, repelling off of some tall wonky structure, and went snorkeling in a cavern. Will up some pics when I get home. :-D
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2224 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 02:38:44 »
Today I received my JD40.

Desoldered a TVS-e to harvest the blue switches.

And soldered all of the diodes onto the JD40.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2225 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 08:52:41 »
Today I learned that back in the day, my workplace used Wang computers, Wyse thin-clients, and DEC VT420 terminal monitors.

Time to start hunting for Wang 725s/724s, WYSE boards, the terminal monitors, and anything else they want to throw out. Really hoping to find an IBM stash somewhere...I can dream right? :)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2227 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:17:49 »
Did some extreme **** in Mexico. Zip line, repelling off of some tall wonky structure, and went snorkeling in a cavern. Will up some pics when I get home. :-D

This explains why you've been ignoring my texts....    :cool:

Super cool!  Can't wait to see some pics.  :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2228 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:20:27 »
I wish Lurch would text me :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2229 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:25:14 »

Me too :(

I guess we can sext each other instead

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2230 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:26:13 »

I'm not good enough for you?  I'm totally going to rip up my all expenses paid Mexico adventure tickets because CPT isn't into txt adventures as much as he's into Lurch.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2231 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:28:05 »

I'm not good enough for you?  I'm totally going to rip up my all expenses paid Mexico adventure tickets because CPT isn't into txt adventures as much as he's into Lurch.

I'm not good enough for Binge.  :(  No texts from him.  I want to hear about your txt based adventures.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2232 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 11:08:16 »

No, I'm greedy and I want all the text and txt based adventures :D.

But we already do that. That's not a consolation.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2233 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 11:17:05 »

No, I'm greedy and I want all the text and txt based adventures :D.

But we already do that. That's not a consolation.

It's all we got bae

Offline RED-404

« Reply #2234 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 22:55:22 »
Fugly  :D

Offline Lurch

« Reply #2235 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:33:34 »

This explains why you've been ignoring my texts....    :cool:

Super cool!  Can't wait to see some pics.  :D

I would never willingly ignore you! :-*

PM yer number!

Me too :(

You too! Let's get some three way action!

I think you might be too good for all of us, unless you get in on this 5-way sexting action.  ;)

Offline Lurch

« Reply #2236 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:33:54 »
PS - it's good to be home bros :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2237 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:59:41 »

Welcome back!

Offline Lurch

« Reply #2238 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:10:57 »

Welcome back!

Thanks bud!

I heard you, CPT, and Hoffmanbromyster had an awesome hangout session! :thumb:

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2239 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:37:39 »
Took the shroud off my PS3 due to heat issues.  There was surprisingly little dust in the unit but the intake vents were completely blocked.

Offline RED-404

« Reply #2240 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 20:48:02 »
This morning my friend decided to dock with my giant gas station and well he hit it at full speed all that remained was a rather large green Kethane tank so I had to save it.

It's so ugly.  :D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2241 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 22:14:22 »
also pissed people off on twitter. say one thing about 911 that isn't wholeheartedly patriotic enough and the ****storm hits
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2242 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 22:16:15 »
also pissed people off on twitter. say one thing about 911 that isn't wholeheartedly patriotic enough and the ****storm hits

Be glad I didn't see your comment and please do NOT repeat it here.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2243 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 22:18:44 »

I only asked that equal representation be given to other tragedies, nothing to insult the victims of 9/11 or something like that

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2244 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 22:58:59 »

I only asked that equal representation be given to other tragedies, nothing to insult the victims of 9/11 or something like that

While I agree with you on this, today would probably be one of the worst days to mention that on social media.  In a way I do not feel bad for you for lacking the tact.  If you feel all tragedies deserve equal representation than why say something like this on the anniversary of one of the largest terrorist attacks on US soil?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2245 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 23:01:52 »
I'm so glad I got rid of my Facebook account. Always served as nothing more than a platform used to instigate arguments.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2246 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 23:07:18 »

Welcome back!

Thanks bud!

I heard you, CPT, and Hoffmanbromyster had an awesome hangout session! :thumb:

Indeed! And the badass and me will be painting the town purple this weekend!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2247 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 23:09:58 »

Why is this always the go to response for any tragedy?

Celeb dies. "Oh why dont you cry about the other milliom people that die".

It gets rather old and annoying.

The person complaining is usually doing nothing about it either other than complain. If people feel others should be remembered, absolutely nobody is stopping them.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2248 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 23:13:26 »

While I agree with you on this, today would probably be one of the worst days to mention that on social media.  In a way I do not feel bad for you for lacking the tact.  If you feel all tragedies deserve equal representation than why say something like this on the anniversary of one of the largest terrorist attacks on US soil?
The rampant bashing of muslims and islam as whole was probably what was bugging me, but looking back, probably better reserved for a different time and place

Offline iri

« Reply #2249 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 01:31:24 »
I'm so glad I got rid of my Facebook account.
how? since you can't delete it. you just stopped using it?

isn't it too obvious and therefore pointless to say?

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury