Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423225 times)

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2250 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 04:33:44 »
I became an expert at turning 1 line on an index card into 3 to 5. Like I actually bought a magnifying dome because the writing is beyond tiny. I can fit 3 pages of textbook on one side of an index card and I'm proud of that in a nerdy way.

Also, I volunteered to be the runner in a video project, only to find that I'm not cut out for it. My calves needed ice when I got home and I took a nap too. Tiring stuff. Maybe that was enough takes and shots.

I'm done with Calculus. Going to quit the class. It ain't worth this level of stress and wanting to off myself. Not repeating last year.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2251 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 09:09:23 »
I worked on my first TPS report. :))

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2252 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 09:16:05 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2253 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 09:20:21 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2254 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 09:34:39 »
Show Image

LOL. I found out that they existed like 3 months ago and it's perpetually cracking me up :)) :D

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2255 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 17:49:04 »

This is hilarious.  :))

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2256 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 18:32:34 »
Tried to get out of this perpetual funk I've been in the past few weeks and actually got out of bed and did some unpacking. People say doing things will make you feel better and take your mind off of things, but it seems to be only temporary. Essentially, whenever a mind is not in motion it's in dark crushing depression. So all I have to do is keep busy until the day I die.

Nevermind this babbling, I just needed to vent. Sick of talking to the cat.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2257 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 22:04:01 »
Tried to get out of this perpetual funk I've been in the past few weeks and actually got out of bed and did some unpacking. People say doing things will make you feel better and take your mind off of things, but it seems to be only temporary. Essentially, whenever a mind is not in motion it's in dark crushing depression. So all I have to do is keep busy until the day I die.

Nevermind this babbling, I just needed to vent. Sick of talking to the cat.

you need a build project...  :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2258 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 23:44:03 »
Drove to Cleveland to visit a certain girlshark

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2259 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 00:08:36 »
I drove to a campsite and am camping. Nice and relaxing...

Fire + beer + cigar = happy

:D

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2260 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 00:22:21 »

Sounds awesome man, wish there were good camping spots near Perth but I feel like I need to drive like 3 hours before I really feel like I'm away from everyone.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2261 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 00:38:41 »
You're not actually camping if you're able to post on gh

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2262 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 00:47:52 »
I took my bro set mountain biking!  :))

Offline iri

« Reply #2263 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 01:56:23 »
Fire + beer + cigars + shashlyk is my exact plan for today.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2264 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:01:30 »
Wasted a perfectly good Friday on geekhack talking to a wall. Never happening again.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2265 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 09:06:13 »

I'm so glad I got rid of my Facebook account.
how? since you can't delete it. you just stopped using it?
rofl you can nerd
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2266 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 09:36:05 »

You're not actually camping if you're able to post on gh

Well that's rude. It's not my fault there are cell towers everywhere!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2267 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 10:56:24 »

Sounds awesome man, wish there were good camping spots near Perth but I feel like I need to drive like 3 hours before I really feel like I'm away from everyone.
Really? I was expecting that you could get out of civilization pretty quick from Perth. That is the impression I got when I was there. Maybe the 5 hour flight from sydney made me feel that it is more remote than it actually is.

Offline osi

« Reply #2268 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 15:44:38 »
Got a nice round of golf in today

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2269 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 15:55:46 »
Helped my dad fix his zero turn mower.  First he has been hitting a few stumps on the front edge of the deck then he picked up a piece of barbed wire in the blades and it caught the front lip of the deck and bent it in.  Just had to bend it back out so the blades don' t rub.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2270 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 16:32:49 »
Fixed a crock pot lid.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2271 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 18:35:51 »
I baked some kind of Tarte Solognotte and I ate it up myself.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2272 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 18:44:19 »
Intentionally drilled a small hole in my fingernail.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #2273 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 18:51:04 »
Smashed it pretty good ah?  :thumb:
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2274 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 18:56:05 »
Drove back to my alma mater to recruit peeps for a job. And now I'm at my favorite watering hole here on campus having a few brews with coworkers. Tis a good evening.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2275 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 19:01:11 »
That's what I was thinking too. Thats never fun.

Offline osi

« Reply #2276 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 19:08:05 »
That's what I was thinking too. Thats never fun.

Agreed. Had the torch and paperclip treatment done one time. Oh the relief

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2277 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 19:19:43 »
you guys got it.  I used a small finger drill with a tiny drill bit.  I waited about 12 hours or so after said smash to drill it.  The relief wasn't all at once but its more gradual.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2278 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 19:22:54 »
i prefer the "nail and pray" technique because i like gambling
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2279 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:54:22 »
you guys got it.  I used a small finger drill with a tiny drill bit.  I waited about 12 hours or so after said smash to drill it.  The relief wasn't all at once but its more gradual.

Wait, I'm confused.  For the slow/half-asleep of us, what is going on here?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2280 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 23:00:35 »

Sounds like someone smashed a finger, had blood pool underneath it and finger swelling and needed to release the pressure, so drilled a hole in the nail.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2281 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 23:22:56 »

Sounds like someone smashed a finger, had blood pool underneath it and finger swelling and needed to release the pressure, so drilled a hole in the nail.

My father did this once, so this explanation seems feasible.

I crushed a toe once, it bled underneath and started to swell.  I couldn't bring myself to drill or cut into the nail.  Eventually the nail fell off.  It did grow back though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RED-404

« Reply #2282 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 23:55:53 »

My father did this once, so this explanation seems feasible.

I crushed a toe once, it bled underneath and started to swell.  I couldn't bring myself to drill or cut into the nail.  Eventually the nail fell off.  It did grow back though.
Did this once I used a torch and some wire I had on the bench surprisingly, it didn't really hurt that much only really felt the heat witch felt more like a dull pressure. Was well worth it mostly because my friend has this thing about blood and just dropped to the floor :)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2283 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 04:03:29 »

i prefer the "nail and pray" technique because i like gambling
rofl
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline absyrdswyfe

« Reply #2284 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 03:45:42 »
Going to Jefferson Headache Center due to a 4 month long migraine and the long wait to get into the place. Hopefully they can help me!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2285 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 06:01:22 »
Going to Jefferson Headache Center due to a 4 month long migraine and the long wait to get into the place. Hopefully they can help me!

:eek:

I hope they can find a simple cause and remedy to ease your suffering!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2286 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 08:29:25 »

That sounds horrible. Good luck and hope you get better soon!

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #2287 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 11:33:14 »

I'm so sorry. I hope that gets sorted out. I had a migraine for 3 months one time and ended up in the hospital on some really strangely named drugs. They worked but that's still not an experience I want to repeat. I can't imagine going another month. I think you need a hug.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline mreverything

« Reply #2288 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 11:38:40 »
TIFU by riding my bike to the gym. Now I'm too tired to work out -- surfing GH on my phone as I sit in the lobby.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2289 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 12:03:13 »

I'm so sorry. I hope that gets sorted out. I had a migraine for 3 months one time and ended up in the hospital on some really strangely named drugs. They worked but that's still not an experience I want to repeat. I can't imagine going another month. I think you need a hug.

so after the first month... you guys were thinking wha.. just ride it out?

Offline absyrdswyfe

« Reply #2290 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 14:43:26 »

Thank you so much guys. Really means alot! <3

I got through the exam today and... they are going to admit me next Wednesday!!!! Sadly it means that I'm a super mess but glad i'm getting into a hard place to get in the door especially so quickly. I have hope (which has been absent for a while now)!

No. You have to jump through a ton of hurdles before places like this will even talk to you on the phone. Family docs, neurologists (a few), acupuncture, hypnosis, therapy, meds, and so on and on.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2291 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 15:09:24 »

Thank you so much guys. Really means alot! <3

I got through the exam today and... they are going to admit me next Wednesday!!!! Sadly it means that I'm a super mess but glad i'm getting into a hard place to get in the door especially so quickly. I have hope (which has been absent for a while now)!

No. You have to jump through a ton of hurdles before places like this will even talk to you on the phone. Family docs, neurologists (a few), acupuncture, hypnosis, therapy, meds, and so on and on.

so. these places are referrals only?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2292 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 20:48:18 »
Bought a fish fryer and fried some fish. Turned out awesome!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2293 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 20:54:03 »

Presumably you already had the fish?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2294 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 20:56:46 »

Yeah the wife bought those the other day.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2295 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 20:59:33 »

Yeah the wife bought those the other day.

Aha!  I don't recall a post in this thread from you about "caught some fish", although that would have been a nice prelude to this frying story.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2296 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 22:55:28 »
I fried some fish tonight as well, though just in a skillet. Turned out great as well.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #2297 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 23:00:40 »
Watched a class die cast some aluminum:

Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2298 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 03:54:29 »
'spent time AFK to mod a keyboard :))

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2299 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 11:41:13 »
I bought the wife her birthday present.  Got her a Marlin Mod. 990 D.U. .22LR semi-auto rifle.  Bought it off my dad for $100. 

I might tell her I want the other .22LR that he was wanting to sell me.  That one was a lever action.  The one problem is I need to relearn to shoot left handed as I am left eye dominant.