Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423188 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2500 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:50:58 »
Put DSA blanks on my Das using black stems lubed with clear springs.  I think this is my new favorite switch and cap combination.  Feels great.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline LEVENDIZ

« Reply #2501 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:59:46 »
Ordered a JD40 kit :D

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2502 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 23:38:18 »
I'm starting to get settled into my new crib.

Organized the collection a little bit today...
Show Image

:)) that actually how I store my keyboard and keycaps too

Offline iri

« Reply #2503 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 03:26:55 »
hmm, maybe CLiB is invincible.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #2504 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 04:11:33 »
Just ordered QWERkeys keycap and their switch tester.

Unfortunate to see them close down their site. :(

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #2505 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 06:02:25 »
Studied my ass off on my birthday (that's today!), and my major exams starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2506 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 16:41:42 »
Studied my ass off on my birthday (that's today!), and my major exams starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Also, good luck :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2507 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 22:37:20 »
Drilled and tapped some holes for a custom piece that will eventually be on the classifieds
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2508 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 13:56:46 »
Drilled and tapped some holes for a custom piece that will eventually be on the classifieds
I call dibs. :p

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #2509 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 14:30:16 »
Started yesterday but finished today: first attempt at macarons

I think they came out pretty well for a first batch...

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2510 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 14:32:36 »
I call dibs. :p

Its not going to be cheap.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2511 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 14:38:47 »
Woke up before my alarm, took the fiance out to lunch, did some laundry, played a game of CS:GO and got promoted, and in a few minutes, going to train somebody at work, and then my weekend starts  :D
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2512 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 14:41:28 »
Woke up before my alarm, took the fiance out to lunch, did some laundry, played a game of CS:GO and got promoted, and in a few minutes, going to train somebody at work, and then my weekend starts  :D

Sounds pretty damn fine!  :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2513 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:01:25 »

Sounds pretty damn fine!  :)

Agreed.  That sounds like a splendid day.   :)

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2514 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:06:39 »
Show Image

I have never tried, but they look friggen delicious.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline osi

« Reply #2515 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:15:42 »
Popped all the caps out of a dell quietkey RD PS/2 keyboard and gave her a thorough cleaning. Hung it on my office wall afterwards--she's my 'in case of emergency' go to

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2516 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:17:40 »
Popped all the caps out of a dell quietkey RD PS/2 keyboard and gave her a thorough cleaning. Hung it on my office wall afterwards--she's my 'in case of emergency' go to

I find Tide detergent powder is ideal for Rubber dome keyboard washing..  it gets all the grease off perfectly..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2517 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:27:25 »

That better be one hell of an emergency to go through the three boards in your sig and make it to the Dell.   :eek:

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #2518 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:30:22 »
Got a big collection of cables ready for DHL
Went shopping for toiletries and new clothes for trip to Germany
Got a special sized hand baggage for trip to Germany
Ate Fish and Chips

Productive day

Offline osi

« Reply #2519 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:45:03 »

I find Tide detergent powder is ideal for Rubber dome keyboard washing..  it gets all the grease off perfectly..

May hit them in a bath next time. Did a round of anti-bacteral wipes on each key followed by a round of alcohol free wipes on each key. I was satisfied with the results :]

That better be one hell of an emergency to go through the three boards in your sig and make it to the Dell.   :eek:

Lol. Probably from the last of "thick-bodied" plastic shell rub domes. I'll take a photo tomorrow. In the meantime, a stock photo below:

79940-0

The right shift and spacebar actually had metal stabilizers. No love for left shift though :(

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #2520 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 17:53:06 »
Show Image

I have never tried, but they look friggen delicious.

It isn't as difficult as I thought it would be tbh! The piping I would say is the hardest bit (the shapes of most of them are nowhere near right) but the actual baking of them wasn't far off what I would expect. I think they just need trial and error to get right rather than some other baking where it just goes wrong for seemingly no reason. I would definitely recommend trying to make them.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2521 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 23:34:54 »
I made a watermark for my images.

79983-0

79985-1

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2522 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 00:05:16 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Now you're just showing off.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2523 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 00:09:08 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I just thought I was doing good to actually accomplish a final product via photoshop.  I can put it some lensbaby macro shots if you want to see those.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2524 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 00:10:07 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I just thought I was doing good to actually accomplish a final product via photoshop.  I can put it some lensbaby macro shots if you want to see those.

Haha I'm just giving you a hard time.  :P

Lensbaby shots sound fun, sure!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2525 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 00:14:55 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Haha I'm just giving you a hard time.  :P

Lensbaby shots sound fun, sure!

http://imgur.com/a/YFyDr#0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2526 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 00:20:43 »

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2527 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 00:24:48 »

http://imgur.com/a/YFyDr#0

Wow, the water drop one!! That's amazing.

The last one on the downspout or on the blades of grass?

On the down spout shots, I was trying to get the drop in focus just after dropping off the down spout.  I must have taken 40 pics trying to get it.  Each time I would actually get the drop in the shot it would be out of focus.  The lens baby is a manual only focus and the way you change the aperature is by swapping out discs in the lens. 

Offline osi

« Reply #2528 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 06:03:53 »

More

May hit them in a bath next time. Did a round of anti-bacteral wipes on each key followed by a round of alcohol free wipes on each key. I was satisfied with the results :]

That better be one hell of an emergency to go through the three boards in your sig and make it to the Dell.   :o

Lol. Probably from the last of "thick-bodied" plastic shell rub domes. I'll take a photo tomorrow. In the meantime, a stock photo below:

79993-0

The right shift and spacebar actually had metal stabilizers. No love for left shift though :(

:D

79993-1

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2529 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 17:23:22 »
I doubled my RAM today.   :cool:   

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2530 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 17:26:04 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2531 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 17:26:43 »
Postponed washing my car from this afternoon to tomorrow morning. lolol

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2532 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 17:32:49 »

Offline Motan22

« Reply #2533 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 17:33:38 »

512 mb?

Surely the fabled Amiga 1mb ram expansion. Without it of course, you can't play Doom!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2534 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 02:00:43 »
I moved the back lawn.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2535 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 02:06:30 »
I moved the back lawn.

Where'd you move it to?

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2536 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 02:10:57 »
I didn't do much at all. Lazy day. No work Friday. Alcohol was consumed joyously.

512 mb?

Heh heh heh.  :P  16GB total now. 

I F'ed it and went with 8GB. sigh. I went back and forth on 8 vs 16 for a couple of days and now I'm positive I made the wrong decision. Not sure how to deal with it from here on out.

I moved the back lawn.

Define, "moved." I'm picturing some sort of texture reassignment in a level editor.

Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2537 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 02:56:39 »
Woke up at 8.30 to do laundry while everyone else in the building is still asleep.  :rolleyes:
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2538 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 03:18:17 »
I moved the back lawn.

Where'd you move it to?

Damn this keyboard!

Mowed.

Mowed the lawn, with a lawn mower.

I'm just not used to typing mowed.  Excuse.  V.  W instead.  Something.  Blea.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2539 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 07:42:44 »
Just came home from a local animal shelter. Istanbul has a big problem with stray cats and dogs, but thankfully we also have a lot of shelters for them. A group of friends (Beşiktaş supporters) will usually meet up, get $300-$400 worth of food and go there and feed the cats and dogs, then play with them for a few hours.

Will take a shower and probably relax with some Battlefield afterwards.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline LEVENDIZ

« Reply #2540 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 08:57:03 »
I played a pistol only server on battlefield 4 today, i love pistols but can't own one easily in Australia so BF4 is the next best thing. 'MURICA!

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #2541 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 16:51:47 »
Though it was yesterday, I got to watch a football game of my old high school. I usually don't go to such things, but my friend's little brother is in the freshman team and I recently learned that the current coach was an old friend and classmate of ours from the same school. Haha

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2542 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 18:55:53 »
Taking the wife out of town for the weekend. Ate sushi now at the movies.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2543 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 19:17:53 »
I didn't do much at all. Lazy day. No work Friday. Alcohol was consumed joyously.

512 mb?

Heh heh heh.  :P  16GB total now. 

I F'ed it and went with 8GB. sigh. I went back and forth on 8 vs 16 for a couple of days and now I'm positive I made the wrong decision. Not sure how to deal with it from here on out.

I moved the back lawn.

Define, "moved." I'm picturing some sort of texture reassignment in a level editor.

I didn't want to shell out for 8gb sticks of 2400, so i just got the 4gb sticks..

Now I regret it. . cuz they don't make the 4gb sticks no more.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2544 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 19:25:58 »
Got myself sexified with a nice haircut, but missed out on hanging out with Badwrench :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2545 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 19:39:03 »
Got myself sexified with a nice haircut, but missed out on hanging out with Badwrench :(

aw.. and you got all sexified for him.. waht a waste ?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2546 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 21:16:12 »

Awwww. I'd much rather hang with badwrench than get a silly haircut.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2547 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 21:17:02 »

Awwww. I'd much rather hang with badwrench than get a silly haircut.

but this one wasn't silly,   it was - sexified -... 

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2548 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 21:26:13 »

mmm sexay nubbs.

Went to the NASA Ames Research Center open house today.  Clicky below for pics.

More
Rover test drive field

Huge 80' x 100' wind tunnel

Compacted space waste, or what I like to refer as "FPD" (futuristic poop disc)

Their "Technology" booth, which seemed to consist of old equipment pulled from their storage closets.  Ahh, the good ol' days.

Grilled cheese sandwich with bacon and pulled pork, encased in an outer cheese shield.  This probably canceled out all the walking that I did today.

Hangar One

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2549 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 21:30:33 »
Did I spot a HHKB apple keyboard? Man! NASA has some nice stuff indeed.